I am sad that it has come to this ...

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (56 posts)
  1. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Ladies & gentlemen, due to circumstances beyond my control, I regret to inform you that this will be my last 'cool hubbers' hub. Some individuals feel that these hubs are being unfair to people who are not featured, which is unfortunate, as my intentions were positive and in no way meant to ignore anyone. I would like to thank everyone who allowed to write about them - It was fun.~cosette

http://hubpages.com/hub/COOL-HUBPAGIANS

Why cant we all just share the looooove? sad

1. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is retarded.....

if you choose to highlight another hubbers work, then that is your choice. 

Do not let people take from you because they cannot take that someone else is up there.

Man that is as liberal a bunch of PC shit as I have ever heard.

Tell the whiners to grow up.

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What are you on?

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice Hubscore.  Seriously a "1" ?  Is it possible to get a negative score?

1. profile image0

Well at least he has an avatar!  Would I give him a 1?  Nah, he is the type you take and say 'I'll call you, err, whenever'! hehehe

2. Sage Williams profile image61
      Sage Williamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cossette - I really wish you would rethink this one.  I really look forward to your cool hubber's - hubs.  It's a great resource for seeking out new hubber's.  Your intentions have always been from the heart.

I really hope that you will reconsider this decision. You have done nothing wrong.  Whomever has a problem with this, is pretty shallow and obviously has a few issues that they need to look at.

Sage

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sage, well said, and I absolutely second your suggestion.

Cosette, unless "circumstances beyond your control" is implying that HubStaff is involved (which find difficult to believe...but possible I guess), I would suggest simply ignoring the childish attention-seekers. Your hubs are great, anyone you discover is worthwhile, and it's obvious that you can't find and highlight EVERYONE. Anyone who can't see that is pretty dim-witted.

I think you've been performing a wonderful service, especially for some of the newer hubbers you've found, and it's always a joy to see who you've written about. Not to mention that you always do a great job. I'd hate to see it end over something like this.

3. profile image0
      sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you should carry on doing it all the more!! I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it, it's just petty. I think the cool hubbers hubs are brilliant and a great way of finding new hubbers. Just let it go over your head I say and carry on, you do a great job! smile

4. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hub Pages has about 141,000 members.  Does that mean this person expects Cosette to write about every single one of them? 

Perhaps he/she also believes it's possible for every single person on the planet to be famous...

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

unless you were notified by HP staff that these hubs were against terms of service, why would you stop writing? now are we trying to tell each other what we can and cannot write? hmm I don't understand. write about whatever you desire as long as you are within http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement

{{sigh}}

2. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Rny4xQN6I7k/R6HrKyqdM5I/AAAAAAAAABg/OCk8KJvBd18/s320/lol%2Bcat%2Bsad.jpg

1. profile image0

Well... something could make me feel better?  hehehe

3. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear that people are so petty that they can not just allow the featured hubbers to enjoy the publicity that they deserve. If you are overlooked by Cosette maybe you should do a bit of self promotion or improve on your writing skills or topics.

Cosette's idea (as hers always are) was brilliant and worth the read. Stop stifling other people and enjoy what Cosette has to offer ( which is definitely more than most hubbers ).

Absolutely, I couldn't have said it better myself. Obviously, you took the rational route...I went for the anger. wink

2. profile image0

I just think it is 'sort of' bullying of a kind.  I followed all her 'specials' it helped me get acquainted with some good hubbers.  Most hubbers dont get a feature or picked by hubpages.  No one complains when hubpages pick hubnuggets etc.  In fact we all celebrate them - I do and I love hubnuggets/featured hubbers. 

I just dont 'get' what happened with Cosette's featured hubbers - was it hubpages who intervened or was it people on here?  I cant believe people can be so cruel, if that is the case.  I didnt know there were people so unkind here.

3. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah, I think shes doing an AWESOME job. I personally do not have the time to filter thru hundreds of hubbers. I dont know how she does it!! What is she suppsed to do? think eveyrbody is cool?

but it is Cossette's decison. And she did say it was out of her control....I just hope she knows more people support her then dont.

4. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Okay, I'm sorry. Please forgive me but that really p***es me the f*** off. Those are COSETTE's HUBS, and she has the right to write about whatever she DA** WELL PLEASES. And to the people who think it's unfair PI** ON THEM, they're just jealous and have nothing better to do!

Those are great hubs, and they're great exposure for people, and cosette does a great job with them.

5. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Don't you think objecting on liberal promotion is conservative approach wink

1. profile image0

says an officer and a gentleman!  (hands shaz a tissue on the way out! lol)

1. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol, big_smile

1. profile image0

Nothing better than a rampage with an emo! big_smile

6. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Oh good grief, cosette.  What a shame.  sad

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

The people who complain about the actions of others who support other peoples' writing are the exact same people who will do anything just to get people to pay attention to themselves.

If someone is complaining about others getting attention, clearly shows that they themselves lack attention. Hence, why they voice their opinion or objection.

This comes from a lack of self-esteem, self-confidence and a complete misunderstanding of life in and of itself.

If you are going to complain about someone, who isn't you, is giving attention to, and you get upset about it??? You've got to be kidding. How childish? hmm

1. profile image0

I thought this community was a friendly one where we helped each other.  In working in unity, this increases the whole internet presence of hubpages, thereby increase the presence of us individual hubbers.  This we couldnt achieve on our own.  The words that come to mind here is 'united we stand, divided we fall'.  Why would we want to destroy the internal system of a place that works well for us as individuals.  We should be celebrating each other and acknowledging our efforts.  This is about sharing the love - for which hubpages actively encourage us to do;  It is within their interests that we develop and grow a strong community.

Cosette has been a real asset to all of us, why oppress an asset?

The sad part is that I think overall you are right about the community here, shaz...it seems like a few "bad apples," so to speak, can really make a lot of noise and result in problems. Cosette and her hubs certainly are an asset, and in my opinion, a very welcome one - I think it's probably a minority who want to see this happen.

I just hope that they're not harassing her offline and things like that. That would really just be too much.

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like I said, because this person who is speaking against her doing it - wants attention?

There cannot be any other reasoning for it happening. It shows you that certain people really do not understand the word "community" because, they are too selfish.

Plain and simple truth.

2. profile image0

wait..are you now complaining about someone complaining? ..my head hurts...

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hold on.. are you now complaining about someone complaining about someone complaining?? smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That really pisses me off!  mad

1. profile image0

oh boy....  lol

2. profile image0

nope, Im asking a confusing question, and Im complaining about my head hurting.   smile

1. profile image0

Now Im confused!  Oh heck!  Cosette is an asset.  Hubpages is a community.  Hubpages success is our success.  Therefore to share the love is beneficial to all.  People complaining about Cosette's hubs are shooting themselves in the foot because it is all about linking and building upon everyone's success.  Hubpages is successful because of its hubbers - we are all hubpages, whether staff or hubber alike.  It is a community of love and sharing - from that comes success.

1. profile image0

I agree backlinking should be good. Im not sure this is a place all about love tho...its a place with tons of people, all with outstanding differences. It makes it interesting, and occasionally challenging. Cossette is an asset, and she knows. (I hope?) The thing is, if you ever have more then one person in a room, there are going to be dissagreements. occassionaly, there are dissagreements with only one person!!  lol  and like I said, she said circumstances beyond her control...

1. profile image0

well... love as in sharing and being united in the common cause.big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not complaining about it Justine. I am simply pointing out why the other person is complaining about Cosette's writing about and pointing out other hubbers.

In a sense, the person complaining isn't getting attention or at least being noticed by Cosette, and is angry about it. Thus, they complain that her actions are unfair.

I see this as childish and selfish. I was far from complaining. I find these types of people lack a lot. wink

8. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Don't stop writing them because people get upset, do what you love doing best and just keep writing. I have a series of newbie hubs and nobody gets offended. Continue to do what you are doing and enjoy it. smile

9. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

What in the World? Listen Cosette my friend keep on writing and keep on hubbing, if others get peeved let it roll off your back, it has happened to me to and I don't let it get me down. Cool Hubpagians are a great series people forget that there are 12 months in a year to write these hubs so there isn't any reason for anybody to get upset over spilled milk. Keep your head up and tell them to bite your batooty! big_smile

1. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

exactly A.

You go Cosette

10. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Aye it's a shame Cosette is stopping this, I found a couple of good hubbers through her cool hubbers hubs sad

11. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I saw that she noted it would be her last Hub on other hubbers.  Its a shame, I found several noteworthy authors that she has written about.  I wonder what her take is on this, seeing she hasn't participated in this thread?

Whatever is behind it, it is Cosette's choice.

1. profile image0

I dont think she has logged on since the thread.  I left a comment and it hasnt been posted as yet so have sent a link to this thread with a hope that she will see how well she is supported by the community.  She  might reconsider????

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, Shaz thank you. i appreciate your support. maybe i should unpublish that last one? i don't want controversy. anyway, since you asked, for some reason just these hubs of mine seem to annoy a few people (NOT HubPages, please don't think that). and i just don't want to write hubs and anticipate negativity because it wears on me. i don't mean to cause any commotion or garner attention. i have never been comfortable being in the spotlight, good or bad smile

maybe Quincy will take over doing it wink but not as often as i had. thanks you guys for your comments, and i support you also in your work here at HubPages.

but no, i would never tell anyone what to write and never have. that is the difference between a real writer and just playing one on tv wink

p.s. there was never any rhyme or reason to my selections. they were just people that i found when i got banned and needed to do something productive with my HubPages time, so i decided to do those, and then it turned into something fun. until i got the wind knocked out of my sails.

meh. i'm going to write about something completely different now big_smile

so let's never speak of this again smile

thanks again ((Shaz)).

1. profile image0

I just think we all want you to know that we think you are great! x

12. Mike Lickteig profile image77
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

I certainly hope she continues her series.  It certainly is her right to recommend the works of anyone she wants.  It is a win-win proposition until we begin to imagine slights against us.  Hopefully Cosette will see the support her work has here, and reconsider.

13. dyonder profile image71
    dyonderposted 14 years ago

I agree. With the wide variety of styles, subjects, information, opinions, and thoughts available on hubpages it has been wonderful to have this spotlight shone for those who have wished to access it. It seems to me to have been a very positive experience rather than the negative misconception the opponents have painted it to be. Silly, sad, and all too telling of many now a days who wear there pride on their sleeve and take a focus on others as an affront to themselves.

14. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

I thought at HubPages you could write about whatever you wanted to write about as long as it didn't include gambling or x-rated material.  Keep writing the hubs that highlight other hubbers if you want - you have that choice.

15. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

I enjoy Cosette's Cool Hubpagians hubs. I can't believe some  people are so petty.

16. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Personally I find hubs that simply list all of your own friends from the forums and label them the 'cool' hubbers quite old.  And would much rather read the results of someone who has taken the time and effort to wade through the thousands and thousands of hubbers who never enter the forums and uncovered gems.

This is not a comment on Cossettes hubs as I haven't read them, just on that style in general.  But of course people are free to do and write about whatever they choose, just as I am free to offer an opinion that may not be a popular one. smile

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

as i said, i didn't know many of the hubbers i spotlighted.

i didn't "list" them either. i wrote about them personally, their hub content, and added a song unique to that person.

i can't believe this is turning into such a negative thing. it's a shame really.

p.s. i hope they close this thread before it turns into another feeding frenzy. the sharks are beginning to circle already, i daresay.

well, off to write my "new improved" hub now...

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, it is a shame, and if they're something you enjoy writing then keep doing it.  Like I said I wasn't making my above comment about your hubs, I haven't read them, so it would be wrong for me to offer an opinion on yours specifically. 

And I did notice that you'd said that you'd found many of them whilst banned or sick or something, so more power to you.

I just don't personally get much from the constant lists of the 'best' hubbers, that are really just lists of the posting hubbers friends.  But that's probably because I never make the lists. wink

I'm bitter and twisted like that. big_smile

http://www.marjonsplaza.com/funny%20cat%20shark.jpg

1. profile image0

You know... if it means nothing to you why post in a thread that you are not interested in?  Why dont you go off and do something constructive.  Perhaps write a hub called 'First Do No Harm'?  If you are truly into 'magick' (like your name suggests) you will know that that is the first principal of the law.

Perhaps you could point out to me where I said that this subject meant nothing to me, or where I stated that I wasn't interested?  And despite what my name might suggest to you, I have little interest in magick, and as such your laws mean nothing what-so-ever to me.

It doesn't surprise me that you feel the need to attack anybody with differing opinions to your own, I know your type, and no doubt the rest of your gang will be along shortly to get your back.

As for 'first do no harm', I'm not sure how much clearer I could have made the fact that I was not talking about Cossettes hubs, I HAVE NOT READ THEM.  The HP forums are a public place, and I will say as I please.  So perhaps it is you who should find something more constructive to do with your time, I can think of a few suggestions.

1. profile image0

OH MR VOODOO isnt into magick! lmfao!

Laugh all you like, it doesn't make me any more interested in magick, it just makes you easily fooled.

2. profile image0

Oh dear sad x

1. Hokey profile image59
          Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

write about whatever you want.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)