I am thinking of creating 229 Commercial Hub Pages on our locations.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)
  1. profile image48
    simplyssposted 15 years ago

Hello,
            First off, I want to preface these questions with the fact that we do want to abuse this system. From what I understand so far, we can create commercial hubs here. This is what we want to do;

We have a client that has 229 self storage facilities across the United States. We would like to create a profile for each of these locations. So with that in mind;

- is it okay according to the rules of this site, (we researched and so far we think it is)
    - is that okay with this community, as long as we stay within the guidelines? (marking Ad as high, one link to us, etc)

Do not take us the wrong way, we are going to create regular hubs on topics related to storing your stuff. We just have 229 unique locations that all have different services, features, etc.

If we are in the wrong, please guide us and maybe if you have a suggestion for another service, please advise.

Thanks!

Search Engine Techs, LLC - The Internet Marketing Team

2. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

That is interesting. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it and it does seem you read the rules and agree to fall within them..but even from my experiences I'm not sure! Best ask Paul Deeds about it, or some other member of the Hubpages Staff.

~thranax~

3. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

As long as the articles are informative it should be okay, but maybe you should ask the moderator first just to be sure.

4. thranax profile image73

You should also ask them if you plan on making them all at once. That way they will know your not just "Spamming" Hubs.

~thranax~

5. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

229 hubs about self storage facilities?

Are you kidding?

Why not ONE hub about self storage facilities and in that hub you can link to the homepage for the company?

This part gives me red flags:

I find that very hard to believe.

Anyway, it'd be cool to see some hubs on storage and all that, as long as they're not spammy articles about how there's no other way to store your stuff than in one of [Insert Brand Name here] self storage units.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Maybe you should find a site that lets you post classified ads because that is what they sound like to me.

7. WHoArtNow profile image83
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

I agree with gamergirl, 229 articles on basically the same thing is a little much! That would be like me doing a feature article on all 1127 pieces of art on our site!

8. thranax profile image73

Well, maybe you can compile your thoughts into only like 5-10 Hubs. Like a list of all the places then a list of all services with what place they give.

Example:

Night lighting all night long. (Massachusetts, Florida, and Maine Locations)

You know? Or you could do it to your site.

~thranax~

9. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

I appreciate the fact that you've asked, instead of just proceeding as planned.  Obviously you're trying to capture search traffic for phrases like "self storage [city name]", or "[city name] storage", but this isn't really the right way to use HubPages.  For one thing, with 229 hubs all linking to the same domain you're Hubber score is going to be low, which means your links will be nofollow and the hubs will be poorly positioned within HubPages.

Those practicalities aside, the larger issue I see is that you won't be providing any value for people that do that search and land on that hub.  If instead you provided a comprehensive list of self storage options for each city, with reviews of each, comparisons of features and prices, etc. that could actually be useful (but probably wouldn't further your goals).

If you're willing to take a longer term, more sustainable approach, what I'd suggest is writing one or two original and entertaining "insiders" look at the self storage industry each week.  Within those hubs include a topical link or two to some of your locations as the subject matter warrants.  Put a link to the self storage companies home page on your profile.

With that approach, your HubScore will remain good.  You'll become the main HubPages "authority" on the self storage topic.  Over time you'll develop significant page rank on your profile page, and even on some of your hubs.   As that happens the links you've placed will begin to provide a real boost to the individual storage locations placement in natural search rankings.

10. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

Yeah, what Paul said.

You could write articles from the standpoint of the customer.  I know for me, I've had to rent storage a couple of times over the last twenty years and I remember on both occasions really struggling with what size to get.  I didn't want to spend too much money on an over sized unit, but I didn't want to start out too small and have to move my crap to a bigger place.  So you write an article about how to choose the right size unit.  Then, have a link to your site worked in.

Write another article next week on the advantages of storing in a temperature controlled storage facility vs. not.  ... with a link to your site.

Week after on "10 things NOT to store at a mini-storage"  ... with a link to your site.

There's ways to do it.  Bottom line is, give us something we can use (information) and then your hubs will have value and everyone will support you and have your back.  Otherwise, I will spoof your hubs and make fun of them in satire, because that is what I do.  smile

11. profile image48
    simplyssposted 15 years ago

Quote gamergirl: I find that very hard to believe.

It is not that hard to believe that each of the 229 locations spread out across the U.S. is different. Some locations have specific features that others do not. Some have truck rentals, sizes and even third party trucks. Each location has its own page and we would not link to the parent but to the individual location.

Quote Uninvited Writer: Maybe you should find a site that lets you post classified ads because that is what they sound like to me.

They would not be classified ads, but yes we already hit as many classified ad sites as possible. Thank you for the advice.

Quote Shadesbreath: You could write articles from the standpoint of the customer.

Yes we are doing that, we have hundreds of articles already, we employ a writer full time to write 2.8 articles a day (14 a week) on behalf of the client. We would contribute to the Hubpages community in that manner.

Quote pauldeeds: [i}If you're willing to take a longer term....[/i]

Yes maybe that is the way to go.... We will see.

Thanks everyone for your input and feedback.

Search Engine Techs, LLC - The Internet Marketing Team

1. gamergirl profile image86
      gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Let me get this straight:

Your company runs storage units and the like.  You claim that each location is completely different from every other location.  What this means is that you're saying location #1 has something that locations #2 through #229 do not have.

There are thousands of classified ad websites online.  Hubpages is not a classified advertisement website no matter what the IM spammers may say.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)