stress management

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (42 posts)
  1. dinkan53 profile image71
    dinkan53posted 14 years ago

Like it or not, stress-the modern day sabre-toothed tiger-is on the loose. How to cope with stress syndrome?

1. scowan4738 profile image60
      scowan4738posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deep breathing/relaxation exercises, any for of physical exercise, laugh, say no more often.

2. Sue Adams profile image94
    Sue Adamsposted 14 years ago

Don't worry, be happy.

1. Going2Oahu profile image59
      Going2Oahuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, hakuna matata too!

3. Bovine Currency profile image62
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

apparently sleep but I haven't done that for a while.  For me, coffee and cigarettes, yelling at bad drivers, cigarettes big_smile

4. readytoescape profile image62
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

A good scotch is the best medicinal remedy I know of.

5. sweetldschic1987 profile image61
    sweetldschic1987posted 14 years ago

There are many ways to deal with stress, and how to relieve it. Some of these ways are taking walks, exercising, cooking an elaborate meal for friends, going to a movie or going to the mall. As long as you focus on something that you enjoy doing and not worry about what's currently stressing you. I would advise not to go and get drunk and smoke a whole pack of cigarettes, try healthy motivating ways, or even try a new hobby such as building something or learning how to do a craft such as quilting or crocheting. Anything will do as long as you are improving yourself and having fun as you go. Even going out dancing in the rain, can relieve stress or building a snowman(no matter what age you are!!!!) As long as you are enjoying yourself and living life and enjoying every moment you are given!!!!!

6. dyonder profile image71
    dyonderposted 14 years ago

Stress is the impetus driving us forth, from the caves, over the walls, through our lives. Often times a simple recalculation of perspective is all that's needed to transform what can be perceived at one moment (as a threat) into a gift (or lesson). Personally, I find a moment's relaxing (meditation if there's time - singing, humming, or whistling if not) extremely beneficial in readjusting my subjective attitude. A good joke to remind one of the nature of life's always a sure fire cure when we take things to seriously.

7. Monsa profile image61
    Monsaposted 14 years ago

Eat healthy fresh food, drink 2-3 litres of water, and do at least 5 minutes of heart pumping exercise a day. This will use up any of the stress hormones that have built up in your body.

dinkan53posted 14 years agoin reply to this

what you mean by heart pumping exercise? explain please.

8. chigoiyke profile image61
    chigoiykeposted 14 years ago

its intersting because I just finished writing a very important hub on stress. here is the link www.hubpages.com/hub/Stress-and-You

9. Mo Better Life profile image61
    Mo Better Lifeposted 14 years ago

Stress,the word should never be used just the thought of just saying it bring on stress.The subconscious believe what you say telling the body to send out the message to the organs and the blood carries it threw the body. And then parts of the organs slow down,watch what you ask for and say. We must find other words to used to live a mo better healthy life. (Mo Better Health & Life)

10. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Go for a run in the rain!!!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and you will get colds,,

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You could always take a brolly...

11. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Fresh air, nice music, laughing, getting some exercise, heating up some potpourri/scented candles that make you feel really good (whatever scent that happens to be for you), even eating something that has a little fat in it (like tuna salad or scrambled eggs - nothing really horrible), and, of course, having a little wine (but don't make too much of a habit of that one.  smile  )

12. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Excercise is the best stress reducer for me. Burns calories and stimulates endorphins which trigger that "feel good" chemical in the brain.

13. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Yell at a liberal! There's a bunch here and they're all brain dead so it won't hurt they're feelings.

14. vonski profile image60
    vonskiposted 14 years ago

Since I quit being a Baker and started my own Lawn & Garden Care business, I find that instead of work being the CAUSE of most of my stress levels, I now find being paid to really slog it out and clean up someone elses property and re-create and re-structure something beautiful from overgrown eye-sore is the BEST stress-relief!

Admitedly I sometimes go home feeling like I've been hit by a bus, but in a good way. But by god does it feel good when I drive past my clients house and can say "I did that, and they paid me to do it!" Booyah!

I also cancelled the gym membership (started that after quitting physical baking work, before starting own business) and now people pay me to keep fit. I can work my clients around my family (5 kids) and participate in family events again (shift work had a tendancy to ruin that).  I actually have people appologise to me for causing me inconvenience eg, coming to quote or changing booked times, instead of being expected to chop and change work routines to suit eveyone else and them not giving a damn about myself or family

15. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Aerobic exercise and doing what you love.  Keep writing.

16. irwanfazri profile image61
    irwanfazriposted 14 years ago

Just take a sleep. You'll be ok after wake up big_smile

17. ddsurfsca profile image70
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

Stress relief is different for each person I think.  When I had my horses, going out for a ride did the trick for me every time.  Now that I am living in a place where I cannot have them  I use my computer to play games or give  my opinions here. 
       I also feel that if you solve your problems as they come along, instead of procrastinating and being lazy about them, it helps alot.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It also depends on the kind of stress it is.   There's the run-of-the-mill, ordinary, stress that is, "Oh, what a frazzling day I've had, and now I need to run fifty errands before 7."  Then there's the truly, life-sucking, destructive kind of stress some people live under for years and years that has to do with major, major, things in life; and then cause a person to become absolutely, physically and mentally exhausted.  That's the kind of stress that is not within the power of the the person to change or fix.  Tips of fresh air and exercise don't apply to someone under this kind of unrelenting stress.

18. itcoll profile image61
    itcollposted 14 years ago

music does wonders.so does dance.

19. BeiYin profile image61
    BeiYinposted 14 years ago

Stress accumulates and so is the first step that ones system gets out of balance, - with the result of all kind of disturbance on all levels: Body, mind and emotions.
    To deal with ones stress it is not just about 'Stress Management', it should be better known why stress builds up and how this could be avoided. There is little information about it available. (I will write a new hub about it soon.)
    It is important not to let it happen that stress accumulates too much and that one can release it before.
    There is an easy way to do this what I call: 'StressReleaseExercise' and I have made a hub about it: http://hubpages.com/hub/StressReleaseExercise
    There is also a video connected to the hub and you can practise the exercise immediately.
    If there should show up any difficulty, then you can ask me for advice. (No money involved!)
    BeiYin

1. BeiYin profile image61
      BeiYinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it interesting that I have posted my comment three months ago with a link to my hub about a StressReleaseExercise and in all this time nobody visited this link and of course nobody had a question about it or made a comment. What tells clearly, that people don't want to get rid of their stress. Why not? People are constantly doing things. If they don't work, then they entertain themselves, they keep themselves busy the whole time. Having stress is part of it and welcome, because it makes the feeling of being occupied even stronger, people get worried and their thoughts and feelings are turning around themselves. They don't want to get out of this state that is destructive and so sooner or later the body system will react and suffer and a disease will show up. Resume: Stress makes people feel their existence more intense and so they cling on it and because of this they ignore that there are ways to avoid stress and
      very effective exercises to release ones stress.

20. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Stay single.

(Advice from the guy who's been married 7 times.)

dinkan53posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You think only married guys suffering from stress syndrome?

21. Inese profile image46
    Ineseposted 14 years ago

Stress management starts with a stress prevention, which means the right basics: healthy eating, exercises and sleep. Then followed by individually created stress reduction or stress relief program. Very wast topic. You are welcome to visit my Hubs.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years ago

I had a heart attack about 5 years ago brought about from stress, I have learned to say fuck it! I will include a reminder for all, its easy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX0azxncAEg

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I have two happy pills unfortunately too much stress and I get very sick sometimes lasting for weeks. Its complicated trust me I need the happy pills.smile

3. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years ago

What I have learned to do is to not take life too seriously. I look after myself and continually look for the positives in the most grim situations.
      Believe me I have had plenty.
      I don't hold grudges, practice forgiveness and tell myself no matter what storm arises I am going to sail through.

4. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 14 years ago

man oh man, it is stressing this liddle chicky out to no end reading all those high end stress remedies and the exercise and nutrition stuff - ain't nobody ever gonna remember sex?  the best stress reliever in the entire hoopla universe.  and expecially when its with me!  get real peeps! get you some and get over the stress, I can guarantee it!

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh I got to agree with this one. smile

1. profile image0
          mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second it...

2. chinweike profile image59
          chinweikeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You mean going natural. That's cool but for those that can do it well.
          hehehe

1. mega1 profile image78
            mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh yeah, doing it well is THE best for unstressing!  hahaha! big_smile:

5. chinweike profile image59
      chinweikeposted 14 years ago

I have come to realise that stess is just a state of mind. There are days i will really workout my self and still did not feel stressed simply b'cos i never thought of it. On the other hand, i get stressed up some days without doing anything.
      So, we can effectively control stress if we can just forget about stress.
      Just like LG says, LIFE IS GOOD
      Cheers!

6. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 14 years ago

altho . . . I am also planning a day at a high-end spa in a couple weeks - that should un-stress the heck out of me!

7. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 14 years ago

Who's problem is it, anyway?

8. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 14 years ago

I find that talking things out with someone helps me manage stress. Also physical excercise is very benficial. Deep breathing, hot relaxing bath.....many things we can do to reduce the stress level.

1. Rod Marsden profile image67
        Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Finding a place that doesn't stress you out is also a good idea. This is a place to go on holiday and a place to keep in your mind and your heart for the times you cannot be there. For me it is either the Blue Mountains or a small fishing village north of where I live.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)