According to the Bible

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (91 posts)
  1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Where is hell located?  Do you know?

From what I can read, it says it is located in heaven.

How can this be? 

I mean, I understand that the bible is privy to the many different authors imaginations. However, it appears that all these different authors agree, it is somewhere in heaven.

Revelations Chapter 12 is one such Chapter that suggests Hell is located in heaven.

1. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

According to the bible, moses created this god thing...no doubt about it..:-)

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll

IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you Cagsil.  It's really quite comical.  lol:lol:lol:

Qwark, what say you of Josuha?  How about Abraham, the father of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.  Think they might of had a hand in it all by chance? 

Think?

2. qwark profile image59
          qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

TY for quoting me Cags...you are appreciated...:-)

2. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

correct Miss Julia.
        heaven is in the heart.

imagine living in a stasis where you can see all the wonders of the universal greatness, the light, but never being able to reach out to it. This was hell. I say was because BOTH death and Hell have been swallowed up by Y`shua's resurrection, else all would be lost in this stasis. The keys of both physical death and spiritual torment were taken away from anti-light (darkness) and put into the hands of Him and his brothers/sisters -humans. Each can now choose -apart from laws or practices- which THEY prefer. If they choose spiritual death, there is no return -their light will be swallowed up by darkness {kind of like a black hole}. If they choose life, then in body, mind & spirit, have unlimited access to light.

Sadly, only three ministers -that i know of- have spoken of it. The first was killed on a cross, the second banished from the people to a slave mine off the coast of Turkey and myself. I don't know of any other off hand -though Joseph Prince is very close to it, a minister (as all ministers ought to be- ministers of Grace & Truth). Too bad most are ministers of mammon and gog/magog...

sorry to be so long winded, my brain is wandering.
        And thank you BTW for allowing me to do so.

No, no, not at all.  I love to listen and to read peoples ideas of what is real for them.  I tend to think that Heaven is bigger, yet more simplistic than the universe.

"Choose life, then in body, mind & spirit, and have unlimited access to light."-Your quote sounds heavenly to me.  I personally feel this way too. 

For me, hell is how we see it.  Where is it at?  Somewhere out there.  However, a hell can exist within our hearts and spirit.  A hell full of sorrow, weeping, woes, and remorse.  I cannot imagine a more powerful place than that.  I think where ever I go, that will be my hell. 

Moreover, the heat doesn't bother me.winklol

3. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here are some passages referring to Hell as somewhere inside the Earth:

Matthew 12:40: "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Acts 2:29-31: "...let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried...Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption."

Romans 10:6-7: " Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven?  Or, Who shall descend into the deep?

Ephesians 4:7-9: "But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

4. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My Ex-mother in law's dinner table during the holidays

5. ginjill ashberry profile image76
        ginjill ashberryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Intimat ,
        please accept my apologies first. I am lost about the truth myself but I think it isn't the author's imagination. Guess it's the knowledge that they've acquired.  Lol.. i am certain it isn't anywhere near Heaven. I believe that Heaven is heven. But Hell is eternal death. I mean Death wherre it doesn't have to be fire. Death as in where you and I don't want to go (may I say)? Oh, boy.. Well, that's that. Adios. Cheers. GJ AB.

1. ginjill ashberry profile image76

Damn! Can't you see the error in spelling? That's the thing I hate about typing. I'm less than amateur.  Apologies..

6. brethodge profile image41
        brethodgeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No idea where the hell is.. but if it is according to bible in Heaven then for people who believe in the saying of Bible.. It is very much there.. I do trust ..

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i kno where hell is - read my hubs - it'll give you some insight.

SomewayOuttaHere
        I'm a  Peaceful Canadian Bud Grower

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read some of your hubs. You are right! You have been there.
          The stories were beautifully told. smile
          I won't divulge the contents here, people should do themselves a service and read them.

2. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 14 years ago

True, heaven takes on many facets of interpretation.  Consider heaven and hell as a realm instead of an actual location.  This may help for starters.  After death the righteous and wicked are both in the "realm" of spirits, yet are separated naturally according to righteous desires.  In fact, paradise is not a natural term for the Bible and has been skewed.  The term it replaced was represent of "world of spirits."

To some, heaven is where the righteous go after death.  However, after the millenium and the great final battle the Earth is to be cleansed and celestialized.  This in preparation for the permanent abode of the righteous.  That, too, can be considered heaven.

Also, during the millenium.  Satan is to be bound and many of the strifes we deal with now will not exist at that time.  That can also be considered heaven.

Heaven can take on lots of interpretations and locations.

1. Hokey profile image60
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not trying to be funny. yikes Really trying to be serious here. But! yikes This sounds alot like Dungeons and Dragons!!!   lol lol lol

1. drej2522 profile image68
          drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Take that back! I love Dungeons and Dragons!!

Did I say that out loud? I mean, huh? big_smile

2. ginjill ashberry profile image76

Goldenpath,
        I need to know more about your opinions. I have all kinds of Christians as relatives. I know what I truly believe but the heaven and hell part, I'm totally lost. My ex - JW aunt and uncle got me a youth bible that says Hell is on earth. When you die you're a goner, but Heaven is a Surprise. Good surprises. Tell me more. Please..

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey IntimatEvolution, I'm going to give you my take on it.

Heaven is on Earth - Hell is inside Heaven.

Heaven is outside part.

Hell would be inside part.

So, in theory, you would be correct as would your interpretation.

Just a thought. smile

Yes.  Good.  Interesting thoughts Cagsil.

4. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Where is Hell??
      I have heard it may be somewhere in Oklahoma...maybe Texas?

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

More like in New Orleans or wherever the Mardi Gras is held.
        The devils are freed for that day.
        wink

5. IntimatEvolution profile image67

I, personally do consider that heaven is a built in different heavenly realms or levels. 

I believe in the description of heaven, as told by Enoch.  However, many people believe that hell somehow lies below us.  I'm curious as to why they might think that.  It is not told to us in the bible that way.  So where did this notion that hell is below heaven  come from?  Has the Greeks mythological Hades, played a huge role in this conceptual thinking perhaps?

It might have something to do with God casting down into the pit of fire? hmm

2. iantoPF profile image80
        iantoPFposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When the first christian missionaries came to North West Europe they met the Celts who had certain views on life and afterlife. Those notions, they would be better described as "Folkways" than as a religion, were twisted by the christians to appear demonic. For example , the Celts believed an apple was sacred so they said it was the forbidden fruit even though genesis makes no mention of an apple.
        The Celts saw gateways to the spirit world in Caves and wells and similar openings into the Earth. This was exploited to convince them that they were believing in a gateway to Hell. In Celtic myth, Arawn God of the otherworld would bring his hunting dogs onto Earth to seek out the souls of the wicked. So we have "The Hounds of Hell" All  christian propaganda to convert the pagan Celts. It just stuck until today.
        Damn! I might just write a Hub on this smile

1. CrystalStarWoman profile image58
          CrystalStarWomanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to read that hub! It sounds very interesting smile

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
        Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hell is a holding place for all of the souls of mankind that have not embraced Jesus as saviour and wish to do so. Jesus will visit Hell when he returns and offer those souls the opportunity to choose to follow Him, those who refuse will be thrown into the "Lake of Fire" with satan and his followers, including "the anti-christ and false prophet" who are already damned.

Brother Dave.

1. RKHenry profile image64
          RKHenryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where is this written in the "good" book?

2. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Dave Mathews

I don't agree with you

I think you are very wrong; heaven and hell existed before coming of Jesus in even for the first time; it is even before Adam and Eve.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

6. DevLin profile image60
      DevLinposted 14 years ago

I quit reading the Bible, but all I remember from it, the Dark Angel was cast down from Heaven. Not thrown in a pit, hole or anything else. Cast down. That's here. Earth. Where so many get the reincarnation theory. An eternity in hell, if you don't live your life right. You keep getting sent, here. Hell. Read any paper and tell me I'm wrong.

DevLin, you do have a very valid point.  There just might be some truth behind that theory.  It does seem pretty logical.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Welcome to HubPages. As for reading the paper? It is irrelevant to the topic at hand. To think that HELL is on Earth is foolish.

Grant it, it doesn't take a genius to see that "all hell is breaking loose", within mainstream society and much of humanity, but I will not go as far as to say that the Metaphor "Hell" is on Earth.

From what I've learned of Jesus' works, Heaven is on Earth. The Kingdom of GOD or the Kingdom of Heaven, is on Earth and not in some mystical place. I also know that Jesus wasn't teaching or preaching "religion". But, that's another story in and of itself.

Why is the notion of hell being on earth foolish?  The stark comment does deserves an explanation Cagsil.  Why do you think this way?

As for myself, I don't feel that heaven is located somewhere here on earth.  I'm not sure where I think it is.  I think it is somewhere between here and there.  And where that is..., I sadly don't know.  However, could it be somewhere in the vast universe? Or possibly it might be outside the universe.

1. DevLin profile image60
            DevLinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Earth is supposedly heaven for the faithful after the reckoning. Those taken in the rapture, come back to live in bliss for something like 10,000 years. So said the priest.

1000 Year Reign of Jesus. This is supposed. wink

Well, to be honest it is foolish. You look at your surroundings and take in all that nature offers and shows you, and you think it isn't foolish to call Earth's outer-layer hell?

Take away all the people and you have a paradise of land? Get it!

Again, as I said above, METAPHOR - When Jesus said Kingdom of God or Kingdom of Heaven, he was specifically talk about living on Earth.

I supplied a theory for the question, and you just rant, everyone's wrong. To think like you. Please, take away all the people. They definitely make this hell.

You offered a subjective bias opinion. I offered what I knew from researching religion for 15 years. If you don't like my answers, then too bad.

As far as I am concern, when I speak, I speak the truth as I've learned it to be. Unlike you, I have no questions left unanswered about my life.

So should you think that I am offering nothing of value, then you would be gravely mistaken. I may not think like you, and from your response to my post, I am sure I don't want to think like you, because that would be simply too painful.

Either way, have a great day. wink

7. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

No!No!No! Hell is California and Heaven is Colorado!

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. 122 is hell, however you look at it.

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, you're Purgatory!big_smile

Yeah, I can go for that.

8. IntimatEvolution profile image67

So you are saying that this is the best it gets.  With Qwark's always dying children and all?  Therefore, this is as pretty as it gets.

Your line of thinking, as I understand it, goes both ways for me.  I'm sure the earth wasn't too pretty, when it was filled with millions of rotting dinosaur carcasses. 

I cannot imagine anything being too beautiful with that type of disgusting smell, lurking around.wink

I think there is an outside realm of solitude.  Uniquely beautiful according to what our own image of beauty and vastness is.
      Nite Cags. 

Be well all.  I'm sleepy.

Cheers, Julie

Good night. Sleep well and be safe. smile

9. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I think that heaven and Hell are here on earth.
      diffrent dimentions both sharing space but in a diffrent time frequency type of thing.
         Was it Elisha or Elijah that ask the Lord to allow his servant to see the armies of God that were encamped about them?
         And the story about the rich man in hell seeing and talking to God. But there was a great Gulf separating the two?

I think that is a diffrent dimention thing.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ELisha asked God to open the eyes op his servant so he could see the angel army about them.

Elijah was taken to heaven on a chariot of fire.

1. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you I wasn't sure which was which. I often get them confused.

I would say it is just imagination. wink

10. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol lol

11. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 14 years ago

Ok, I've sat back and read 'em all.
      When Moses, alledgedly, created this biblical god thing in the first 4 words of the first book of biblical fairytales, "genesis;" "In the beginning, god...," he just created another of man made religious fads.
      If monotheistic fanaticism doesn't take a "load" off the back of this planet by greatly reducing the numbers of human beings, there may be a chance of man wising up and becoming a species with a chance of existing for a while longer.
      I wouldn't bank on it tho.
      We have dug us a ditch. We are at the bottom throwing dirt up over the side.
      I've written a "hub" about how the effects of "diastrophism" change environments. It may be that all that dirt piled up overhead, may come tumbling back into the ditch to cover all those hard working but not too bright human creatures who spent so much time working hard but not giving much thought to "possiblities."..lol

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually, Moses didn't. your hisss-tory is incorrect symmetry seeker. Might want to find out the FIRST scripted book of Torah before you start babbling about your universal totality of lilliput-foot-in-mouth, eh?! It wasn't moses, so everything you just implied is false.

indeed.

be the stars, you are the stars

12. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Heaven is the heavens, as in the universe.  If our civilization can last long enough, can finally get over all of the obstacles to world peace, we may one day be able to spread humanity to new worlds.  In essence, if we are good we will go to the heavens.

13. IntimatEvolution profile image67

I glad someone else knows there bible.

However, if you will allow me a few arguments to your post.

Matthew 12:40: "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." ----I don't see the word hell mentioned here.  There are no signs of Lucifer in this passage, and furthermore, I simply do not believe hell is being referenced here at all.

Lastly, the rest of your scriptures posted are from letters written by Paul.  Paul was a Roman.  Naturally, a former Pagan would think that hades and hell were probably similar.  Paul's writings are nothing more than his personal rantings, arguments, opinions and assumptions.  I could write that heaven is located on Hawaii, to my friends.  Doesn't mean it is so.wink

Moreover though, your post brings up another point.  Revelations is the written confession, from a confused man with vivid dreams.  The book of Revelations was not dictated by Christ, nor God.  So too then, how much weight and merit does Revelations carry?  You know what I mean?  What makes it right?

1. Beelzedad profile image59

In Acts 2:31, Peter states of Jesus, "that his soul was not left in hell"

Lucifer doesn't have to be mentioned in regards to the location of Hell, that would be a strawman.

That also is a strawman as the validity and credibility of the writers of the bible are not in contest here.

Good questions for another thread, perhaps...  smile

14. IntimatEvolution profile image67

In Acts 2:31, Peter states of Jesus, "that his soul was not left in hell"

Be no telling of where that hell was located.  His reference can be anywhere.  Its not a given for me. 

Revelations 12:7-
      "Then war broke out in heaven.  Michael and his angels battled against the dragon.  The dragon and its angels fought back, but they did not prevail.  And there was no longer a place for them in heaven.  The huge dragon, the ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, was thrown down to earth and its angels were thrown down with it."

To me, that is a reiterative from what Enoch tells us; that hell is located on a different realm in heaven.

Just some food for thought.

It may not be for you, but it is for the religion. smile

Didn't you just say, "Revelations is the written confession, from a confused man with vivid dreams." 

And, you'll also notice in your quote, "the Devil and Satan, was thrown down to earth"

Seem fairly obvious. wink

15. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

"According to the Bible"

Hi friends

If one reads Bible one would know that it is not Word of the Creator- God Allah YHWH Revealed on Jesus. It is neither written by Jesus himself nor dictated by him; or written on behalf of Jesus or on any lawful authority from him.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

I read the Quran and know it is the word of people who believed Muhammad. smile

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend  Beelzedad

People knew that Muhammad could not read and write; so it is not authored by Muhammad or anyother human being. It was Word authored by the Creator-God Allah YHWH for sure.

You may have your own opinion, I don't mind; no compulsion for you.

I love Jesus and Muhammad as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

That is the claim about Muhammad, but there is no evidence to suggest he couldn't read or write.

The Quran was authored by people who followed Muhammad and was written after he died. Muhammad could easily have made the whole thing up himself, which is the most credible answer given the story of how he founded Islam.

1. profile image51

Paarsurrey wrote:

People knew that Muhammad could not read and write

Hi friend Beelzedad

Mecca or Medina were small towns in Muhammad's time; where almost everyone knew one another; they never said that Muhammad knew how to read and write.

I love Jesus and Mary; also Moses and Muhammad as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

Did all those people emphatically state that Muhammad did NOT know how to read and write? Where are those peoples testimonies?

I think we can now raise the status of this statement to spam. smile

2. profile image0
              brotheryochananposted 14 years agoin reply to this

muhammad is buried, his bones are in the ground. Jesus is risen, his body has not been found.  Imagine a god or one sent from god that cannot read or write.. i pray that the scales from all islam eyes fall off.
                    I knew a god once that could not talk, oh wait, that was an IDOL. Well, i knew a god that could not think, Oh wait that was useless god. I knew a god that could not.. wait I actually dont think gods that cannot do everything are not really gods at all but pretenders.
                   I actually know a god that can do everything, including be raised from the dead and draw all people to him.. That's my idea of a god, oh and jesus can write and read.. how else would he have proof read the bible, which he wrote, my god can really turn a sentence. Too bad yours can't. (head slap! wake up!!!!) jesus bless you, nobody else will, lol.

Sorry, but if we gave the title of "Messiah" to every body that went missing, we'd have how many more religions to deal with?

Yes, I can imagine that, as you have.

Which means they are all pretenders. I agree.

What would give you the idea I need to be blessed or that your god can beat up another god?

2. profile image51

Hi friend brotheryochanan

Yes, Muhammad is buried in Medina; we don’t believe him to be our Creator- God Allah YHWH; Muhammad was the most high ranking Messenger and Prophet of God Allah YHWH.

Jesus was never raised from the dead; he never died on the Cross to start with.

Jesus migrated to India. If you want to see his bones; the same are lying in a tomb, If you like you may go and see them. I give you the address: Mohallah Khanyar, Sirinagar, Kashmir, India.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

How much are tickets?

16. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I believe that both heaven and hell are located in the same realm, around four to five inches above the base of the neck.

1. profile image51

Hi friend thisisoli

I again agree to your above words.

I love Jesus and Mary ; Moses and his mother as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

17. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 14 years ago

I wasn't going to post anything, but with all these misses and wrong assumptions, well, here i am.

UNSAVED; Hell is: here on earth and you create it yourself
      (your governments and rules, your desires and beliefs, the temporary gratification and lies you enjoy to believe, the diseases you spread, and false hopes, the work you do all your life to be left behind for someone else to either throw out, sell or put on a shelf). Everything the unsaved do are death and vanity - is this not hell? compared to what type of lifestyle God has for planned for you. Hell is being resurrected to realize that buddha, atheism, creationism, paganism, catholicism, joseph smith, the hot babe down at the strip club and even allah was not able to save you. Hell is realizing that you should have believed on the name of jesus, the only begotten Son of god; whom God gave to redeem the world from their sinful state - and you didn't believe.
           SAVED; Hell is: anywhere apart from Gods Love here and after resurrection: falling short of Gods plan in their lives: making god weep because they disobeyed a prime directive and hell is, leaving one unsaved soul behind to go to hell which has got to suck big time.

Heaven is realising that the saveds' list of hell is way shorter than the unsaveds' list smile

Good Luck with this information. This is not to condemn you but written in the hopes that you realize the world is created, not evolved, but created and that everything created has a creator.

18. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

According to the Bible

Hi friends

Not everything written in the Bible or "According to the Bible" is Word from the Creator-God Allah YHWH; it is not even written by Jesus or dictated by Jesus to someone. Jesus did not even authorize somebody to write it on his behalf.

So, it is not of much use if you try to find claims on issues or the reason thereof in this Bible; it is not going to answer your queries corrrectly.

Thanks

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This comment that you have made on the above post is the most truthful thing that I have ever heard you say so far.

The same thing goes for the book that islam follows.

Neither my God nor yours have ever told anyone to follow a BOOK

I quit writting letters to loved ones four decades ago because words written on paper holds no truth.
          They can mean anything that the reader wants to think that they mean.

If you do not hear him telling you "like it is".
            Either you do not belong to him; or you are not listening.
             You can belong to him and not listen and that does not matter,  you are his. 

You can find applications at the door.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Jerami

I don't agree with you.
          Quran is the Word revealed on the heart of Muhammad from the Creator-God Allah YHWH; there lies the difference; Bible is not the Word revealed on Jesus.

Thanks

1. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who is Mohammad that we should listen to him?
            He is not Moses, to whom was given the Commands and still did not claim to be a prophet of the Most High, though he was worthy, a shadow of THE Prophet and King, Y`shua Moshiach.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Twenty One Days

Muhammad is the Seal of Prophets; he is the standard with which we reckon truthfulness of the Prophets.

Thanks

1. profile image0

What prophets does Muhammad seal?
                And by what authority does he seal them?
                For after Y`shua Moshiach, there is no prophet nor prophecy, only the revealing of hidden wisdom concerning Him & His works.

All prophecy is completed in and through Y`shua Moshiach, yes?
                All prophecy is solely about Y`shua Moshiach, yes?
                Did all prophecy come through the lineage of Ishmael or the offspring of Judah & Israel? How can any claim prophecy when the One who inspired all prophecy is testified by the Father, The Spirit?  Certainly, The Father did not testify on Muhammad's behalf, but did testify on behalf of Moses.

You are misled my friend, though a zeal is noted.

19. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

My friend paarsurrey, The truth that you  spoke concerning putting our faith is written words on a piece of paper was true whether you now disagree no not.

You almost saw the light.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Jerami

Quran was Word spoken by the Creator - God Allah YHWH on the heart of Muhammad and committed to memory generation after generation till our times; as also written as dictated by Muhammad; both support one another.

Thanks

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I recall correctly, the Q'ran was spoken to Muhammad by an angel.

1. profile image51

Hi friend SirDent

Please quote a verse from Quran with its context; five preceding and five following verses, and then establish your viewpoint.

Thanks

1. profile image0
              SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whether I quote any of it or not makes no difference as to it's origin.

Did Muhammad recieve the Q'ran from an angel or not?

Are all angels good angels?

1. profile image51

Hi friend SirDent

I don't agree with you; if one says anything about Islam, at least one should first find a reference from Quran.

The Creator- God Allah YHWH says in so many verses 10,20 or more the He has descended it. I just quote one for you :

[15:7] And they said, ‘O thou to whom this Exhortation has been sent down, thou art surely a madman.
                [15:8] ‘Why dost thou not bring angels to us, if thou art of the truthful?’
                [15:9] We do not send down angels but by due right, and then they are granted no respite.
                [15:10] Verily, We Ourself have sent down this Exhortation, and most surely We will be its Guardian
                [15:11] And We sent Messengers before thee among parties of ancient peoples. [15:12] And there never came to them any Messenger but they mocked at him.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=10

Please see verse [15:10] above.

Thanks

1. profile image0

why is the Quran using Old English.
                  I find that funny. (sorry, not mocking, just tickled my funnybone)

1. profile image51

Hi friend Twenty One Days

The original Quran is in Arabic; this translation was made almost a hundred years ago.

Thanks

1. profile image0

all the more reason to dismiss it.

y`sallem ideek. smile

20. Lady Rose profile image72
      Lady Roseposted 13 years ago

Guys, the location of Hell is in the heart of the Earth.

I had this conversation a few months ago. Couldn’t find it in scripture but would have bet a nickel that I read that the fires of hell are contained within the spirit of man.

Whether it is in there or not..  that sounds about right to me   After all......The kingdom of god is in our hearts

21. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Jerami,

Show me some scripture where it states that the kingdom of god is in the heart?

Just curious?

22. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I know it says the kingdom of god is within. But, I haven't heard of what you speak, that's why I ask. hmm

Ya might have caught me getting carried away with improper use of vocabulary... I'll have to find it. If I can?

As I said; I couldn't find the other phrase last time I looked for it.  The first bible that I ever read was a tynsdale      (I think) printed 1875 or 76 If I remember correctly. 
            I remember several issues that were adressed in that one that I've never found in the KJV
           I betcha I can find it using the word "heart", in some ones version of the bible  lol

23. profile image0
      ShadowKing!posted 13 years ago

In the original Greek & Hebrew texts of the Scripture the word "hell" nor "its (absurd) meaning" is expressed. In reference to "a place of unquenchable fire" Jesus was indicating a place where any physical thing thrown into this fire would be completely destroyed, and that the fire wouldn't die out UNTIL EVERYTHING thrown in it was burned up. He called this place "Geenna" (Gehenna/Ge Hinnom)which means "Valley of Hinnom". It is a literal place located south of Jerusalem.

In September of this year my book will be published. It thoroughly debunks the alleged "eternal-burning hell" idea. In August check out my hubs, one will be titled by the name of my book (you'll easily recognize it) and the hub will give you detailed to the book's content and official print date.

Only followers of my hubs will get a sneak peak of sample chapters before print due ate.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)