Stumbleupon comments

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (29 posts)
  1. KeithTax profile image73
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

How are you folks doing with referrals from Stumbleupon?

I ask because I received few referrals from them until the last few days. Sixteen percent of my traffic today is from Stumbleupon.

The traffic is nice to see. Wondering if others see spikes and if the traffic has any staying power.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I joined but have never bothered with it, because all the advice I got was that the traffic spikes are nice, but Stumbleupon traffic converts extremely poorly.  Stumblers don't click on ads.

2. Paradise7 profile image68
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I tried posting several hubs there but didn't see much from it so eventually I let it go.  I don't think I've profitized my hubs effectively enough, I believe that's the problem, generally speaking, with my lower traffic.

3. Falsor Wing profile image60
    Falsor Wingposted 14 years ago

reddit has given me a lot more traffic than stumble.

1. Paradise7 profile image68
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I think I'll look into that again.  When I did before, I found I was starting too many hares at once...digg, hubpages, tweeter, facebook, stumbleupon, and reddit.  I just couldn't keep up.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does it convert, though?

Some of it does, but only through the backlinks to hubpages, so it's a VERY small amount.

2. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello Marisa. How does one know from where a "covert" comes from?  I assume from GA, but how would I find that info...for conversion?

1. wyanjen profile image72
          wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

brain fart of the day:
          I thought you were asking if converts come from Georgia. tongue

1. Michael Willis profile image67
            Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol....good one. But, not it.

4. wyanjen profile image72
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I haven't even thought about Stumbleupon for months...
    I put a handful of hubs there last fall. Haven't heard a peep for a few months.

But, I got some traffic from there just today. What's up with that.

~shrug~

Good for you!  The more the better...

I stopped using it because I found that I was only putting my own stuff up there. I wasn't real interested in using it for anything else.
        I was hearing that people were getting banned for spamming because they were doing just that - only posting their own links.

I've been using RedGage a little - it's giving me more traffic than stumbleupon did before I stopped using it.
        RedGage is pretty fun too. I've met some cool people - even hubbers that I had not met here. lol

5. KeithTax profile image73
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

Thank you for your input, everyone.

Keith

You're welcome to mine, for what it's worth...big_smile

6. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

The only thing Stumbleupon serves is the ability for your readers to stumble you and this means absolute minimal and short bursts of traffic that don't amount to much!!

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Here's my opinion, but then I am a relative newbie so what do I know?
    Stumbleupon does occasionally convert to traffic, but not so much, and no clicks.
    Reddit once quadrupled my normal daily traffic (and on just one link) but no-one clicked. And the traffic only lasted one day.
    Digg banned me once I discovered how to use the share button at the bottom of the hub page. Got round it by simply creating a new email address, so that's no longer an issue. When I publish now I use the share button and I don't publish that often, so no chance of 'spamming' their site.

I'm still looking for that magic link site that gets me tons of traffic and/or clicks.
    I've posted to shetoldme (next to nothing), tipdrop (a little but next to nothing)redgage (same, but at least they pay you for people looking)shesaytoo or whatever its name is (practically nothing, xomba ( a little but next to nothing).Snipsley - same.

My best traffic comes from the search engines - google/yahoo. Just went to check and found a huge amount of traffic has arrived recently from........stumbleupon!

8. wyanjen profile image72

spooky

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Spooky is the right word!
      None of my hubs have been hit much, and I'm not going throught them all one by one to see where all the hits landed!
      I'm assuming they were shared.
      or its a glitch making me look as if I had hits I didn't really have!

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe someone's been on a hub reading spree and stumbled them all?

9. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Backlinking is a really time consuming process, but it should be done with different keyword variations everytime you backlink a hubpage or webpage, so that it appears to the search engines and also human visitors that what they are about to click on is new and original....some people will click in and then immediately click out, but hopefully that's an adsense click that converts well.

10. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

If that's the case, THANKYOU THAT PERSON!!
    There is no clicks, but hey viewers make me feel good smile

11. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

The link itself should always be your targeted keywords, at least htats what I have found works best!

12. wyanjen profile image72

whoa.
    StumbleUpon is invading.
    I'm getting views on every hub I've ever submitted there, included one that has not had a single view in over a month.

13. starme77 profile image75
    starme77posted 14 years ago

Same thing here,  I don't understand it either but Its o.k with me smile

14. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I wish I had the energy or interest for backlinking and stuff.  I've tried. I just can't make myself do it.  It's dumb, I know, but, I just can't.  I'd rather write and I have no discipline for that stuff.

Well, don't beat yourself up about it.
      I've never gotten a click from any StumbleUpon traffic...

That's part of the reason I abandoned it. Before this week though, the most recent SU traffic I think was from January. Something's up over there lol

15. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I have not noticed traffic from stumble but then again I don't post there. I have had comments saying that user has posted there tho and I gotta say that just tickles me pink! I think thats just a huge massive compliment and always makes my day big_smile

I have linked other peoples hubs at shetoldme but didn't think to say so, maybe next time I shall just so I can make their day! big_smile

big_smile I do that from time to time too.

I have a view on one of my health contest hubs that came from Twitter. I don't do Twitter, so thanks to whoever!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)