I need to _______ , but I can't get off the computer!!

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 14 years ago

I need to clean the house and take bath but I can't stop writing hubs, editing hubs, reading hubs, playing farmville, checking email, writing on blog etc. etc.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was supposed to find my mortgage insurance application and submit is February 22, so that the insurance could take over while I am unemployed... I found it today after a self-imposed three day hubcation in which I kept coming back, you know o vote, chat build a web site, do a hub work on a blog...

No my house is a wreck, and my cats are fed, I have no problems, none at all. Want to go to fubar? Yeah I'll buy you a drink and we can forget all about it!

lol lol lol

1. Fluffymetal profile image75
        Fluffymetalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

meet you at fubar when i get out of here

2. Betty Reid profile image59
      Betty Reidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha.  My nephew has a similar problem.  Some times he needs to pee, but he doesn't want to stop playing with his toys and ends up peeing in his pants.  We explain that he can return to playing as soon as he finishes the more urgent task.  I hope this helps  wink

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, I haven't actually peed my pants, yet . . . close, but not actually!  I used to do that when I was a kid.  watch the little boy closely, he may be a budding obsessive compulsive and that is not a very good thing, I admit!  big_smile:  altho, we do get a lot done.  it just depends on what I get a lot done of!

1. Glenn S. profile image61
          Glenn S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did someone say catheter?

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it happens to all of us, especially at first.  big_smile
      sometimes I just log out and x the tab so I'm not tempted to browse the forums...

4. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha! Do I?!!!!!  Does a chicken have feathers? I can't finish anything.

5. JOE BARNETT profile image61
      JOE BARNETTposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YOU TOOK THE WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH! YES IT HAS BECOME OBSESSIVE. i need pc rehab ha ha ha my name is joe and i'm a _______( whats the name for this)a screenface,pc junky,wonk,geek,info junky hey lets start something here. whats the name and the solution. real hub!

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Never! :p

3. Journey2244 profile image60
    Journey2244posted 14 years ago

Yes, I have been on this system since 1:00 P.M. It addictive.

4. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I have been considering getting a chamber pot so I don't have to get up at all!  and then if I could get someone to just bring me food and take the plates away - oh, and a basin to brush my teeth.  it is bloody hell to shut down at night when my eyes are so bleary I can't see -  that's how bad it is!

5. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 14 years ago

YES!

6. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I used to have a life!
    Now I can't move off my chair. The weather is hot and sunny outside - well obviously not NOW as it's 1am, but during the day it is. I know because I do push myself to have a life, and go out most mornings for an hour or so, but not every day!
    Rest of the time, I am here. My poor wee plants are dying from lack of water, because I can't spare the time to go water them!
    My poor husband is left to his own devices - he's so jealous of the attention I give the laptop that I can't leave it in his possession so have to take it with me if I go out.
    That's my excuse anyway wink
    And I'm sticking to it!

7. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Some-times I don't even get to put a brush through my hair or get out of my PJ's til lunch when I get ready to head out.

1. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will help distract you! tongue

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hokey if you were here I wouldn't get a brush through my hair til dinner time.

1. Hokey profile image60

if ever!!!!!!!   wink

Let's try a week lol!!!

1. Hokey profile image60

still might not be long enough!  tongue

Ok ok let is go for 365 days ROFL.

2. Fluffymetal profile image75
      Fluffymetalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that's me but I have no where to head so I just stay on the computer

I cannot even find my brush, sun-glasses, keys etc half the time lol.

8. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

Well , I'm kinda in and out - with my mother in laws altzheimers - I don't really have a choice but to get up when she needs changed and fed and stuff - but my prob is when I'm on here I'm kinda like - in the forums and not writing, I really need to quit that and start writing again smile Forums are addictive smile So many fun people to chit chat with that I can't shut up and write lol

9. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I was semi addicted, then as most things in my life it got boring lol  I'm in a book reading mode now.  Just taking a few minutes to check out the forums.

I think people become addicted because like any child - they don't want to miss out on anything, if you leave your FB account alone for a week or stop coming to the Hub Forums, changes do occur & you might miss out!

10. The10DollarMark profile image61
    The10DollarMarkposted 14 years ago

I need to do my two spring break papers and finish programming project, but I can't get off the computer.

You'd think I'd use that to make more hubs but no. I'm such a lazy bum (though I did make a lens and a gather article today and did some language studying...but I should have had time for a hub. Hmm..There's still some time left in the day, maybe I'll make one)

11. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I should be making dinner for me and hubby but can't pull myself away...I also should be packing more but eh...just not in the mood for that right now

12. Journey2244 profile image60
    Journey2244posted 14 years ago

I actually did log off and got a pop tart.  Now I'm back. :}

13. figment profile image76
    figmentposted 14 years ago

I need to eat and shower and get off this damn computer.

Me too, lol

14. figment profile image76

I finally showered and ate a snickers bar, but I didn't stay off long.

I really should sleep a couple of hours, it's almost 5 am

15. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

its 2 here ... uh insomnia or hubsomnia sucks and i have been letting my games on fb go downhill lol so spent a lot of time on them last night hehe im addicted to it all

Yeah I was doing research and lost track of time.

1. profile image0
        pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mama beat me on publishing hubs lol she got 4 done and i only got 3 done hehe but i got one unpubbed one not sure im gonna do  it though ,, havin second thoughts about it

16. figment profile image76

I need to eat but can't get off the computer!

17. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

don't forget to go to bed so you can get up tomorrow morning and turn the computer back on.  take your meds first thing, then take a shower.  turn on the computer after you're dressed and make breakfast while you check your email. after you've eaten you may check the forums but then you must read the new hubs!  then you can think about writing your own hub...but check the forums first...

it's a never ending cycle....

1. figment profile image76
      figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks for advice.  I leave out almost all of that.... except, well you know, the computer stuff.

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

18. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I take a shower first thing in the morning after the kids are off to school and I have a cup of coffee, so the answer to that is nope, I bathe before I type. smile

19. figment profile image76

I needed to get off the computer to clean the kitchen, the only reason I did is because my computer shut down on me.  I guess it need a break from me.

20. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 14 years ago

I need to go to bed but I can't get off the computer.  ITS 5 AM!! DAMN!!

21. Glenn S. profile image61
    Glenn S.posted 14 years ago

My wife threatens me with a frying pan if I don't get some work done around the house. If I made some money at this maybe she would be understanding. Well, I guess the head injuries will continue for a while.
    With respect to getting off the computer, some times you just have to stop to smell the roses.

Best of luck.
    G.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)