"Cows...Constitution...&...10 Commandments

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

A friend just sent me this message and I wanted to share. Maybe some of you have already seen this.

"Cows, Constitution & 10 Commandments

Think about this:
         1. Cows
         2. The Constitution
         3. The Ten Commandments

----------------------------------------------------------------

COWS
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are
    unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.

THE CONSTITUTION
    They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq ... Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse or Congress is this --you cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians ... it creates a hostile work environment.

Seems those in Political Power here in the U.S. have all the answers for "everybody else" but just not for how to fix our own problems!

Smart ideology there!

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny!! Thanks for the laughs.

I'm waiting for the educated donkey comments.....

@Ohma, nicely stated, as always...

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

That was too funny.

But, on a serious note- there are too misconceptions running rampant among citizens of America.

I'm impartial to the so-called illegal immigrants, but rather show a different more relevant part of America's society-

(a) homelessness - 13.5% of America's population or 45 Million.
    (b) poverty stricken families - 13.2% of Americans or 40 Million.

The illegal immigrant issue is a distraction in order to create separation. The fact that some people point out that these people are taking jobs away from other citizens....is a misconception.

There are not enough jobs as it is, never mind, what the illegals are working, which are mostly back-storeroom, sweat shop type jobs? Who is going to work those? Exactly, the illegal immigrants, because those who know better would report these employment places to the authorities, due to lack of equal pay and equal rights.

The problem isn't that these people are taking jobs. The problem IS about there are not enough jobs, because there are not enough owner's/business' hiring.

As for the rest of it- was funny. smile wink

3. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

LOL! Those were great!

4. Michael Willis profile image67

I got a laugh from this as well. And the homeless issue is a huge problem that is ignored. Too bad our own government doesn't pay as much attention to this as they do illegals. But, one sounds better on the TV Newscast!!!

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The illegal problem is going to be solved with the stroke of a pen when Obama gives them amnesty.

Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or classify them as having Mad Cow and they will all easily be found!

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

5. Michael Willis profile image67

RUNNNNNNNNN...we been found!!!!!!!!!

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefPsMLJLRxwA_bKjzbkF/SIG=12m0ibki3/EXP=1270055532/**http%3a//www.usageorge.com/Wallpapers/Cartoons/wallpaper/Mad_Cow.jpg

6. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Michael as always your posts are very entertaining. I really enjoyed this one.
    Cagsil I am sorry I do not often disagree with you but on the subject of illegals I am afraid I must. While the subject of the Homeless in America is often times to overlooked the way I see it the illegals in the country play a role in that as well. The jobs that they do would need doing whether they are here or not.
    Them not being here to do them would force these shady employers to bring their work conditions up to standards set up by the government and would provide work for many homeless in this country.
    Them being here perpetuates the idea that it is ok to allow substandard work conditions as long as it isn't American citizens doing the work. It also enables the myth that there are some jobs that Americans will not do and honestly I think most of us would do anything legal to feed and house our families.

Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Ohma. We all need a little cheer, smile and laughter  from time to time.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well Stated.

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. Cagsil profile image70

The illegals only play a role in homelessness when they are discarded by those who do employ them or no longer have a use for them. Even at times, killing these people, never mind, being homeless.
      Excuse me, sweat shops, drug dealers, prostitution and other slavery type underground businesses are not legal to begin with.
      Nice misconception, but far from the reality of the situation. The underground network for illegal immigrants is an all-time high, because government isn't concentrating on it, because they do not need to at this time. They have enough on their plate, for which, they cannot even handle.
      You see, that the problem with most people, they cannot see two feet in front of the face or discern the truth about reality. The businesses you talk about are illegal....never mind, substandard. Most illegals were brought into the country via underground networks. Meant to profit off the sales or enslavement of people.

Please...whatever you do....don't twist to the advantage of Government, because they already abuse the power.
      Yes, anything "legal".

Then again, even the thought of a "job" is the myth you've given in to. As I have so nicely offered, with one of my most recent hubs- Joblessness- A Widely Spreading American Issue.

This would solve each person's problem, because it gives them the solution to fixing the so-called "job" problem.

Thank you for your time Ohma and I do not mean any disrespect. smile

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I were your mother............... big_smile
        Cagsil as i said I do not like to dis agree with you. This is however a point that we are likely to always disagree on. When I speak of illegals I speak of the flood of people coming across the Mexican boarder by choice, not the people here under circumstances of slavery and abduction. I do understand that there are some here not by their own choice but if our Government would pay more attention to the entire illegals situation that would also bring about change for these poor souls.

1. Cagsil profile image70

But, that the point....America cannot do anything about it, because of the old tradition of America still is alive.....

Give us your tired, your weak and your poor. Anyone can come to America and seek the American Dream. No exceptions.

Illegals are only illegals, because they are not identified. To think that they are hurting the job market? Is nothing but a conspiracy theory gone bad.

If businesses are giving these people jobs, and avoiding recording them as workers, but under the table paying them...how do you think Government will ever get control of it???

Come on, let's keep things realistic and rational. To understand the problem, we must look at what America is all about? People come to America for all sorts of reasons...

So, I guess we'll continue to disagree. wink hmm

7. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

They have to get control of the boarders. that they should be able to do. They may not be able to do anything realisticaly about those already here but the can prevent the problem from spreading.
    Sooner or later those here will require medical or legal attention and rather than giving them the keys to the city so to speak they should be dealt with as illegals at that time.
    I also do not have an issue with any foreign national who comes into this country legally.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)