Anyone into online Forex ?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (24 posts)
  1. myworld2u profile image37
    myworld2uposted 15 years ago

One of the weakness in forum boards is that its difficult to trace whether a post have been made on certain topic.
    When I do a "forex" searh all that was shown were whose hubs touched on forex.
    So I hope someone can respond to my topic... please sad

1. bjjp profile image58
      bjjpposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Many forums will let you know when there has been a new post after you have posted in a certain thread. You will be notified via email.

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Well, if you click on "FORUMS" you'll see a search box that searches the forums.

Type forex into this, and you'll see the forum posts where forex was mentioned.

3. DanielForex profile image61
    DanielForexposted 15 years ago

Hello Eric,
    I have registered on HubPages just a few hours ago, and have updated a first page, letting the forex community know about the new Forex Trading Education portal that has been released a month ago: <snipped promotional link>

I'd like to invite you to see our website. It has been designed to help newbies into the Forex industry get much better material to learn to trade forex that what is currently offered online.

There are other pretty good sources of forex education that i admire, however the difference if that ForexFace has a state-of-the-art management system, which allows users to navigate easily, fast and intuitively all through the website.

About content, it's being reviewed before uploading, offering only reliable articles and reviews to our visitors.

A newsletter (monthly release) is available, and users can also post their own articles (upon approval) and get advantage of promoting their name into the fx community.

What do you say?
    It will be interesting if you go around and tell me your impression, comments and possible suggestions to improve our forex portal.

Best,
    Daniel Katz
    Editor in Chief
    <snipped promotional link>

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

lol

Well DanielForex, if you cannot even read the hubpages terms of service and don't realize you will be deleted soon, I would have to doubt the quality of your forex education system smile

Forex trading is probably the easiest way to lose money known to man. The only people making any money are the brokers and the "educators."

Shame on you.

5. DanielForex profile image61

Hello Mark,

I read terms of use, and my posts are informative, which is not penalized. Part of being informative is revealing the source of information where did I take the data from, and what am I writing about.

Professional Forex Traders can achieve impressive profits if they have the relevant resources and knowledge to do so.
    The Forex market is full of people that think Forex is an easy game (which is not!) and those people seeking for easy money (over 90%) are those non serious traders who influence on the wrong perception of what foreign exchange really is.

I agree with you that trading currencies can be extremely risky... as real estate or opening a restaurant can be.
    To trade Forex, to buy and sell cars, as for most of other careers, you have to make sure you know what you are doing before getting started.

No shame on anyone Mark... I think that I probably didn't explain well my initial point and therefore you answered the way you did.
    Please let me know if you have any constructive comments.

Best,
    Daniel

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

A snipped link to your site would be a penalty would it not?

6. Mark Knowles profile image59

Sure. For a start there is this at the top of the forum page before you make a post:

"Please note that advertising and promotional posts in the forums will be deleted and may result in the closing of your HubPages account. Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links. Please use the Forums in the spirit of community!"

And this is in the hubpages "help" section:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

90% of forex traders lose money. Not because of lack of "education," but because they are playing with a losing hand.

Forex trading is a zero-sum game and trying to play the game with a small bankroll (Less than several hundred million) means you are going to lose.

I do not believe you make money trading forex.

If you did, you would not be here selling this. You would be making money trading forex. smile

7. DanielForex profile image61

Dear Mark,
    I do not trade forex, I'm an educator as you said, however i got into the market after researching the market for more than 4 years, and i met several traders of all types: CEO's at investment firms until one-man-show traders... very different profiles, behavior and style to trade... however they all have something in common: they take it seriously: this is their full time job and their source of incomes... so they do everything needed to be good at it.

You just said it" 90% of traders lose - that's exactly the wrong perception i was talking about before... that 90% are NOT traders... they are far from knowing what currency exchange is... that 90% is composed by opportunity chasers; they come in, play with forex mini-accounts as if they would be gambling, they of course don't know how to trade and therefore they lose their $100 or $1000, and that's the end of the game... then they become part of the 90% of losers.
    Now, can we define them as forex traders? Certainly not.

Forex trading is not a zero-sum game. Is a game for skilled people into this specific business.

Daniel

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image67
      Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am clueless as to all the trading stuff. But I am very curious to know if it is such a great opportunity, why do YOU not take advantage of it yourself?

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Daniel, I skimmed over that before.

OK, enough said.
      I wouldn't learn to drive a car from someone whose driving experience consisted of watching car racing for several years.

Or learn the banjo from someone who has watched Earl Scruggs get together and jam with his mates.

I think you get my drift.

In a previous life as a maintenance fitter, we used to get recently qualified engineers in for work experience over the summer holidays.

While they knew all the theory they had no feel for machinery, use of tools, or appreciation of the "feel" of machinery operating.

After you've got into the financial trenches with $100,000 or so of your own money and emerged victorious with $250,000 and some battle stories, I might be more interested in what you're saying.

3. Joel McDonald profile image60
      Joel McDonaldposted 15 years agoin reply to this

An old saying comes to mind: "Those who can't do - teach."
      Daniel - I'm sure you're a great Forex teacher.

8. Mark Knowles profile image59

Zero sum game means that for one to win, another must lose.

Zero sum. Nothing created or made. One man's gain is another man's loss.

This is why even the big banks lose money trading currencies - sometimes vast amounts of money.

You cannot trade forex on a small scale and hope to compete with the institutions.

If you had ever traded forex, you would understand this.

9. DanielForex profile image61

Mark,
    You don't need to compete with the institutions. You compete 1 on 1 with the market you are into, for the amount of money you are investing.
    What you need is knowledge, lots of common sense and a good mind-set.

It's easy to blame on others or to say that it's not possible for the small guy to earn money or that just educators and brokers make money trading forex... that's not true.
    Anyone with real interest and a small capital can earn money trading forex, following the appropriate steps.

Daniel

10. Mark Knowles profile image59

Daniel,

What do you consider to be a small amount of capital?

11. DanielForex profile image61

Good morning Mark,

A small amount is very relative to say... if we are talking about the average guy who is willing to get started into Forex, can be as small as what you need to open a mini account, which is $250, or even $150 with some brokers... that's pretty small to start trading, but good enough to start practicing what's a trading in a real account and not a demo one.

Of course trading $250 is not optimal and (even in best case scenario) the small profits won't worth the time spent, but again, it might be good to apply the learnt lessons.

Should you have recommendations i'll be glad to know... again, in a constructive way.

Thanks,
    Daniel

12. Mark Knowles profile image59

I am not sure I can be constructive with the information you have just given me. This is a quote from my hub the best forex broker :

Brokers (and educators) to avoid:

"Brokers encouraging "mini accounts," i.e. an account opened with a few hundred dollars. If you only have a few hundred dollars to invest, buy some WalMart shares. if you want to risk it, play blackjack instead - at least you'll get a free drink.They are implying that you, the common man, are just as entitled to trade FX as the banks and that you shouldn't let the fact that you only have a $1,000 to play with stop you. Damn right you should. You wouldn't find the big financial institutions using a 200:1 leverage and on the odd occasion they do, this is what can happen.

Why you should avoid "Mini Accounts"

Small amounts of money invested in foreign exchange trading must be highly leveraged in order to take advantage of small shifts in currency pairs. A slight move against your position and the money is lost. Avoid brokers who recommend this."

I honestly can't be bothered to explain in more detail why it is not possible to make money with a few hundred dollars invested.

Suggesting that an account may be opened with $250 is extremely poor advice. You will learn nothing by investing this amount of money. Nothing.

My most constructive advice is to start with a bare minimum of $10,000 risk capital.

Bare minimum.

Risk capital.

Still not really enough but will allow you to play the game and learn how easy $10,000 can disappear.

13. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Waiting for Daniel......... smile

14. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Interesting discussion.
    Congratulations to both of you for conducting yourselves so professionally.

I know very little about Forex, and must admit that I'm not in the slightest bit tempted to give it a go.

Daniel,
    You sound very different from the normal type of forex person that we see here.
    One of my evaluation criteria for investments is asking about results obtained by the person promoting the investment.
    So - how successful have you been in making income from forex?
    Have you tried trading by using the small amounts you have mentioned, and if so, what results did you achieve?

P.S. This is a favourite topic for Mr. Mark "Terrier" Knowles, in case you hadn't guessed smile

15. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL leverage 200:1. For beginners. Good luck keeping your pants lol

16. pfuller profile image60
    pfullerposted 15 years ago

Mini accounts allow you to invest as low as $250 to $300 while at the same time allowing you up to 200:1 leverage.

Many inexperienced new traders are convinced to leverage too high and of course they get margined out in no time.

These accounts claim to cater to new investors but are promoted as quick rich schemes.

Invest $300 and take a $60,000 position sounds like a great idea at first, until a extremely small decline wipes out your balance.

17. robie2 profile image77
    robie2posted 15 years ago

hmmmm--looks like Daniel went bye bye-- Nice work guys. Another spammer bites the dust.smile

18. Bonnie Ramsey profile image67
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

Dang! I really wanted him to answer my question! Oh, well! I guess his abandonment gave me the answer I was seeking lol

19. Reealjrd profile image61
    Reealjrdposted 15 years ago

There are many forems which will tell you about forex

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)