April Foooooooooool

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (32 posts)
  1. shabarigirish profile image59
    shabarigirishposted 14 years ago

You fooled someone today or fooled by someone? Write about your most memorable 1st April experience.

1. SummerSteward profile image60
      SummerStewardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My boss just came back from vacation, we filled her office up with balloons, from floor to ceiling. Tons of fun!

2. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

It is only 12:16a.m. here so no one yet. who started the whole April fools thing anyway.

shabarigirishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ohma.
      Its 9:50am in India

3. Glenn S. profile image59
    Glenn S.posted 14 years ago

Yup April fools day is here agian. I need something original to play on my wife. She has become quite wise to my practicle Jokes.

1. Glenn S. profile image59
      Glenn S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think I got one. We had to take my wife's car into the shop today so I will need to drive her to work in the morning. I am going to pull my truck around the corner of the house tonight where it can't be seen from the house. In the morning I will tell her that it was stolen and that she will need to get a ride from someone. She is going to be mad. hee hee.

Great idea Glenn, make sure not to miss your truck key somewhere!!

With my luck my wife will hide my keys to play a joke on me.

hahaha.. If so, that will be a great situation for you..

Success, the April Fools joke went off perfectly. Now all I need to do is keep a watch over my shoulder. She will try something. hee hee

4. shabarigirish profile image59
    shabarigirishposted 14 years ago

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q315/kimandchris2/Cartoons/AprilFool.jpg

1. Chaotic Chica profile image61
      Chaotic Chicaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO!! That's just wrong!

5. Glenn S. profile image59
    Glenn S.posted 14 years ago

So, no body had an April fools day adventure.

6. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

I told my wife i was pregnant...  she didn't buy it

7. Chaotic Chica profile image61
    Chaotic Chicaposted 14 years ago

I have never been very good at April fool's day.  There is only one time that I ever really pulled one off and that was back in grade school.  I had asked my parents for a computer for Christmas and got a word processor.  I used it to forge what I thought a retention letter might look like. I used son/daughter, parent/guardian, all of that politically correct stuff that the school used and included a list of my 'grades' showing my failure.  It was the only time my mother was truly speechless!  I had always been honor roll so it was a huge suprise.  I finally lost it and started laughing.  My step-father was the first to get it and they were mad!! They got me back a few months later when I accepted my award for straight A's.  They had the principle call me into his dark office and threaten me with out of school suspension for the maximum punishment for falsifying school documents and forging his signature!  He caved in when I started crying and he let me in on the joke.  He must have appologized a hundred times for making me cry!  That is my one and only true april fool's 'adventure'!

8. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I put today as my birthday on facebook, yesterday afternoon... the birthday wishes have been rolling in, and only two people have caught on, well, maybe three.  One cousin said it was amazing the # of his friends that were having birthdays today in his status.  big_smile  I'm having fun!

1. SummerSteward profile image60
      SummerStewardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nice. I should do that! I always change my marital status to one of my girlfriends... without fail I always get a phone call or two when I go from "Marriage/Relationship  to single" hehe

2. shabarigirish profile image59

Anyhow Happy birthday Ivorwen  big_smile

9. Faybe Bay profile image65
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Couldn't figure out how to do the screen shot in here, but this was what my son ran into on Gaia on line for April Fools Day. Pretty funny. Here's the screen shot.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 … 0955808276

10. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Many years ago--  when I was a young teen (and I have always been a sleepy awakener)  Dad would  wake me  on April 1st,with the message that I had a phone call. I would stumble out of bed, eyes half shut and say  "hell-o. hel-lo... etc" before realizing that there was only a dial tone.

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I took my son out to teach him to drive. When we finally got to the empty parking lot for his first lesson, he said all the way he thought I was gonna say April Fools. It hadn't even occurred to me. smile It would have been funny though. lol

2. shabarigirish profile image59

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

I thought everyone went to bed.

its morning 11 here in india Faybe.

nearly 2: am here. I am supposed to be sleeping. lol

sitting infront of pc at 2 am!!!!

11. profile image0
    dnrkrishnan25posted 14 years ago

wish you the happy fool day...to king of fool...

12. Ann Nonymous profile image61
    Ann Nonymousposted 14 years ago

Google probably pulled the best prank, although it was obvious it was a joke. Topeka! hahahaha! Had a great first day of April and I didn't feel all that foolish, for once!

Did you read the Article about it?

Here it is. It's great!

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/01/18 … otion.html

1. Ann Nonymous profile image61
        Ann Nonymousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually I did although I had it figured out already!..Thanks Faybe and I'll probabaly read it again for a good laught!

13. sagbee profile image57
    sagbeeposted 14 years ago

I celebrate April fool's day whole April.. big_smile Its lots a fun guyz trust me.. hahhaha

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)