How to fill out some questions for Amazon Associates

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. profile image54
    NikitaViaposted 14 years ago

I'm totally new to HubPages and have not yet published. I'm trying to sign up for Amazon Associates, but there are questions on the application that are not covered in the HubPages Guide.

Here are the questions on the application I need help/advice on how to answer:

How do you drive traffic to your website?

How else do you monetize your website?

How do you usually build links?

How many unique visitors does your website get a month?

Any help is appreciated.

2. SandyMcCollum profile image65
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

How do you monetize? Do you have an affiliate ID for eBay, Google Adsens, etc.

How to you drive traffic to your site? Keywords and phrases...?

How do you usually build links? Not sure... software maybe?

How many unique visitors? You can't answer that until you have something for visitors to visit, so get some hubs up.

I don't remember answering all these, myself. But, that's how I would answer them.

I wonder if it's a good idea to apply for affiliate IDs if you don't have anything up yet?

Write some hubs.

1. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sandy's right. You'll stand a better chance of getting approved if you have at least afew hubs published.

3. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

If you are signing up for your hubpages acct, you need to go to 'affiliate settings' on your account page. next to the one for Amazon, there should be a link that says "apply for Affiliate" or something similar. Follow the link to apply and if approved you will paste an ID code in the space provided.

The application you were asking about sounds like something for a website. Your page here will be part of a larger site, not your own.

4. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Safe answers for any aff network:

How do you drive traffic: Organic traffic optimized via market and keyword research, Article Marketing

(not safe= incentive based traffic, email campaigns)

How do you build links:

I control a large network of websites and web 2.0 properties.

(not safe= Software!,)

How else do you monetize your site:

Tell the truth, just realize some services do not allow on-page competition in the same form of advertising (i.e. contextual ads/adsense)

how many uniques:

tell the truth...or to see if they are paying attention

"between 12 and 140,000,000" monthly, it varies

Amazon isnt that rough...but these general responses will get you through the door even if you have no pages or dont want to reveal all your sites (except ,maybe that last answer) with almost any aff network

- sorr y about the length, but i had most of this already typed in a hub im working on

5. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

When they ask how you monetize your site you can always refer to your plans on monetization, i.e. I plan on monetizing the websites with relevent adverts for products which I talk about on my website.  This will be in conjunction with Google Adsense, eBay, Kontera, etc.

You will more than likely be driving traffic to your website through webpage search engine optimization for search engine traffic.

How you build links, again be honest, say how you will build links internally to drive your customer traffic towards relevant products.

for traffic, say you currently have no traffic, however you will be working hard to increase traffic on your website as you build it.

you can always refer to your website as your Hubpage webpages, the people at Amazon must earn a fair bit on Hubpages, I am sure they will accept people applying on hubpages accounts.

6. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Publish at least one , then apply. You can always ad Amazon later at any time through editing.

7. profile image54
    NikitaViaposted 14 years ago

I've been away for a couple of months due to family issues. Thanks to all who took the time to answer my questions.

NikitaVia

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)