Power Point slide showing 5 proofs that the true God exists

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Thinkaboutit77 profile image71
    Thinkaboutit77posted 15 years ago

God has "shewed himself alive ....by many infallible proofs" (Acts 1:3). If you'd like the FREE Power Point slide showing 5 infallible proofs that the true God exists then just email me and I'll gladly send it out.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So you are saying that Jesus (not God) shewed himself alive by the same imaginary characters of the Bible?  That's rich, oh of course...in order to interpret the Bible correctly you have to use the Bible to understand the Bible...

Because if you looked for proof outside the Bible you would see that it is B.S because flaming chariots don't come out of the sky unless it was actually a meteor, and people do not get taken up by clouds unless of course he was standing on a hight mountain and the fog was thick so he disapreared out of site right before thier eyes,

and Mary Magdelene and Jospeph needed a good cover up for boinking before they were married, classic! 

Jesus Christ is not real.  He is a character from a book and the people who actually wrote the bible never get any credit for thier work.  What a shame.  Too bad too because if it wasn't for peoples bizzar and unethical treatment towards other on behalf of Jesus, I would think it was a great book. 

No, it is a great book, story, anything that can persuade billions of people they will go to hell is a pretty good mind f**k.

Thinkaboutit77posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like your pretty bitter, but I hope I'm wrong. Maybe you had a bad encounter with Christians who didn't really know why they believe that they profess and if that's the case I personally want to apologize on their behalf.

Now you said, "people do not get taken up by clouds unless of course he was standing on a hight mountain and the fog was thick so he disapreared out of site right before thier eyes,"

You can only say that if you dismiss the idea of miracles. If you come to the Bible with PRECONCEIVED ideas which deny the miraculous then obviously your mind has to find some way to explain away what is there.

But if you come to the Bible OPEN MINDED seeking the truth like many Atheists and Agnostics over the centuries (including some of the most brilliant scientists) have then God will help you understand. God rejects the proud and wastes no time with them but gives grace and understanding to the humble.

2. Ben Bush profile image61
      Ben Bushposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I believe you are spitting in the wind until you do what everyone is urging you to do.

BTW, if you are going to use Scripture, use it correctly. The passage in Acts that you quote says that "Jesus" showed himself alive with many infallible proofs for forty days to the people that knew him and had seen him before his crucifixion. It was not meant as a generic proof text for the existence of God other than the fulfillment of Prophecy, which can be used as partial proof of the veracity of Scripture's statements.

As far as a powerful presentation, Paul says that the presentation of the Gospel is the "Power" of God. As powerful as your presentation may be, if it does not include the Gospel, it may be lack the punch you are looking for, especially among the skeptics and unbelievers you are attempting to persuade. Don't presume that they are stupid or gullible. Also, don't presume that you are necessary for God to prove His existence to anyone. I believe He can take care of Himself on that issue.

Other than that, I believe you have work to do to prevent a mess of your own making.smile

Thanks for contributing, I appreciate the feedback as I don't claim to know everything nor do I claim to be perfect.

You said, " Don't presume that they are stupid or gullible. Also, don't presume that you are necessary for God to prove His existence to anyone. I believe He can take care of Himself on that issue."

I don't presume anyone is stupid, it would be presumptive to presume that I do presume that. I don't presume their stupid but I know according to Scripture that they have been blinded. Also I don't presume I'm necessary for God for anything much less to prove His existence. If people will just honestly look around them, then creation should be a key indicator that He exists.

God doesn't need feeble human beings but God also told us not to have blind faith. Biblical faith is not blind. It is not a faith in faith in facts. If we didnt' have an informed faith, then we would be the "blind leading the blind" that Jesus warned us not to be.

I do know that only God's Spirit can ultimately convict of sin, but remember Paul "reasoned" with the Jews and Greeks, giving them the facts so that any honest skeptic wouldn't have an intellectual roadblock to understanding the truth. Only the Holy Spirit can get a person to accept the truth but we must do our part in being "ready always to give an answer (defense, apologetic) for the reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear" (1 Pet 3:15). That is what I hope to do with God's help. 

"Other than that, I believe you have work to do to prevent a mess of your own making."

If there is a mess it would be any bigger than the mess mankind has gotten itself into by ignoring God and His Word.

1. profile image0

What you don't see it that you too have been blinded.  I think that the people you are talking about here, who you say ignore God and His word are the very people who preach it.

Of course that is like trying to convice a mouse that grew up with an elephant that it is actually a mouse.  smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

What's so secret about it?  Just write a Hub and post the link instead.

3. dingdong profile image58
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

Marisa is Right
    big_smile
    What is wrong if you can write a hub about it?

I would but the presentation is much more power in the Power Point presentation that it's in. Besides the managers of Hubpages have already warned me not to post links to hubs I've written. So this is the only way.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The hubpages managers asked you not to start forum threads for the sole purpose of promoting your hubs. If people want to read your frankly medieval opinions, they will have to find the hub without you spamming the forums.

Seeing as you do not engage in meaningful discussion, it is unlikely to do you much good doing this either.

I wouldn't voluntarily give you my personal email address if you were the last religious fanatic on earth.

Which I pray you will be one day lol

I am praying for you.

Get it? Irony.........  smile

Ah, Mark you always seem to join the forums I start. And it is ironic but I'm scratching my head and asking myself: who is he praying to and how does he know his prayer is being heard or answered?

Anyway, maybe this is a first step Mark to you eventually bending your knee to Jesus Christ, the Creator.

Take care

Irony:

Irony is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance between what one says or does, and what one means or what is generally understood.Verbal irony is distinguished from situational irony and dramatic irony in that it is produced intentionally by speakers. For instance, if a speaker exclaims, “I’m not upset!” but reveals an upset emotional state through her voice while truly trying to claim she's not upset, it would not be verbal irony just by virtue of its verbal manifestation (it would, however, be situational irony). But if the same speaker said the same words and intended to communicate that she was upset by claiming she was not, the utterance would be verbal irony. This distinction gets at an important aspect of verbal irony: speakers communicate implied propositions that are intentionally contradictory to the propositions contained in the words themselves. There are examples of verbal irony that do not rely on saying the opposite of what one means, and there are cases where all the traditional criteria of irony exist and the utterance is not ironic.

Dictionary definition:
               1. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
               2. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
               3. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

Sorry, I forgot I would probably have to explain the meaning. Guess you were homeschooled huh?  Basically, I was taking the piss.

And I bend my knee to no one. Least of all your imaginary friend with the eternal damnation lol lol

But thanks. I will continue to pray for you. I hope you see the light. Or at least a glimmer.

Good luck. No worries though, if your spaghetti sauce is good enough, you are guaranteed a seat in heaven's cafeteria.

1. profile image0

or...in other words...da, da, da...parebels.  smile

2. Thinkaboutit77 profile image71

Mark you said, "And I bend my knee to no one"....Now now Mark let's be honest here. You bow your knee to yourself, you are your own god aren't you?

And me getting to heaven is all by God's grace through Jesus Christ, not anything I can dream up or work for.

No. I am not my own god. Why do I need a god? Can't I just be me?

I am slowly understanding the whole, "It doesn't matter what I do, I am still going to heaven," idea.

I have had it explained to me a lot lately big_smile

4. dingdong profile image58

Oh OK

5. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

I didn't even know God knew how to work the Microsoft Office suite.  That's awesome.  And here Mark is talking about Medieval when the whole enterprise has moved into the semi-modern era.  I can't wait to see God "shew" himself.  That's awesome.  Although, I'm going to wait for at least the You Tube video.

You know, I have to say, you'd think as all powerful as God is, he really would just make a video, or do like a live feed or something.  I mean, how hard could it be to use some universal power action to just hijack a sattelite feed or something?  Take over all the TV sets and be like, "Attention all dudes and chicks of Earth.  You guys are being A-holes to one another.  Stop or I'm going to open up the hose on you guys again."

And seriously, Thinkaboutit, write a hub.  Nobody is going to send some zealous stranger their email address, so just write the hub.  I might even watch your super powerpoint just for amusement.  Imagine if it isn't as lame as I expect it to be and actually converts me!  Just think how great that would be.  But it won't happen until you write the hub.

"Nobody is going to send some zealous stranger their email address, so just write the hub."

You shouldn't make assumptions like that, because people have sent me an email requesting the 5 infallible proofs for God's existence.

6. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Shadesbreath has just given you the solution.  Post the Powerpoint presentation on Youtube, then you can post a link to the Youtube video in the forums (or anywhere else you like).

There are a lot of Powerpoint-style presentations on Youtube already.

7. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Thinkaboutit77, Think about it. It's not right to expect anyone to send email to a stranger for this reason lol

8. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

"by many infallible proofs" (Acts 1:3). If you'd like the FREE Power Point slide showing 5 infallible proofs that the true God exists then just email me and I'll gladly send it out." 5 infallible proofs this should be something, like alchemy, turning lead into gold. Com'on - the only people that can do that are Wall
    Street bankers.

9. dingdong profile image58

Jesus? The creator? lol

10. Milla Mahno profile image60
    Milla Mahnoposted 15 years ago

Can I bow to you Mark?

Will you show me THE way? wink

11. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Yes.

No.

lol

12. Milla Mahno profile image60

Does not make much sense then - but I still enjoy what you do smile

You have to find your own way.

smile

Now I sound like all the others.........

Thanks.

13. Milla Mahno profile image60

You never sound like others Mark smile

But true, everybody's way is different - which does not mean we can't use a little help from those ahead of us. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)