New Hubber's Duplicate Content

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I'm finding duplicate content from a new hubber... AWKWARD!!!!!  Not sure what to do, really.  Plus, how can I be sure new hubber isn't departed hubber?  I'd just really want someone to have my back and cover me even if I'd left and someone was taking my stuff.  Anyway, what should I do?  sad

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure if you mean that a new hubber is copying your hubs on HubPages or elsewhere, or if you mean a new hubber is copying their hubs from other sites.  Either way the best thing to do is to contact us with some details and let us handle it.

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, no one is stealing MY content.  This hubber is taking content from a departed hubber.  Or, perhaps they're one in the same???  Thanks, Paul.

Sorry, my initial explanation wasn't so great...

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

prolly one and the same, most likely. some people go underground, like that Phantom of the Opera dude big_smile wink

2. profile image0

Thanks, Paul.  I just sent you an email with all the details.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I found one I emailed the owner of the hub copied and then he informed the HP staff -- they deleted all his hubs, but his account is still active

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

well that time i was going to exit HubPages, i started taking down my hubs. people were all, um, why? i did that because i didn't want anyone posting my stuff elsewhere. good thing i came back though or it would have taken forever wink

3. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Flag it as duplicate content?

4. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Thanks for the tip Paul

5. profile image0

Yes, cosette...  That's the dilemma, new hubber seems a lot like old hubber.  So, I don't want to start flagging hubs if it's really her material.  Sigh.  Why does it all have to be so complicated?  hmm

6. heart4theword profile image59
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

I noticed someone used the same picture on a hub, from the same source, after my hub had been out for some time.  This situation you are talking about is quite different!  Maybe the new hubber is the old hubber, and your quite sharp in picking out their style?

1. profile image0

Yes, the style is strikingly similar.  But, people really underestimate the power of Google.  lol

7. profile image0

as others on this forum have stated, you can usually spot old hubbers who have formed new hub identities... they write the same, choose the same sort of avatars, post to the same people, etc.

i know who you're talking about and i have seen the same stuff for myself. so it's true old hubbers never die they just get reborn YAWN...............why don't they just be themselves instead of fabricating not only a new identity but a whole new life? that is really deceptive. roll

8. profile image0

well, i can see if someone wants to be private, like if they had some horrible experience here ...so come back under a new name, but don't create a whole new fake life and tell people you are this person...i find that really funny considering the same person called me a fake...omg haha i am laughing how funny big_smile

the problem with people like this is they make you mistrust a lot of new faces and keep to yourself until time tells you they are legit.

oh well...ugh i have to go make dinner. ciao....

9. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Here is the thing, you don't like this person's writing, don't read it. It is none of your business why anyone would create another profile. There certainly are plenty on here. This person is writing, not stirring up the forum.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry guys but I agree with UW on this..they aren't starting anything in the forums just writing so just leave 'em alone

1. profile image0

"Writing" or copying and pasting, I ask.  And, forum innocence HARDLY applies to this individual.  Anyhoo, I've emailed Paul and HP will see fit to do what they need to do in order to keep our community clean and honest.

1. profile image0

Well you did what you felt was right...but I bet the person is writing their own stuff

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This person is allowed to repost her own material if she wishes. As far as I know, she isn't causing any problems on the forum.

10. profile image0

roll

yes, some people prefer to do their stirring behind the scenes because they don't have the wontons to do it as themselves.

whatever.........

11. profile image0

Uninvited Writer, I will bear that in mind if ever a hubber is posting your work as his or her own.  It becomes a community issue in this case, I surely like to know if someone's up to no good. 

This transcends what I like to read or not and whether I turn a blind eye.  That's the trouble with alter egos, how am I to know if this person is passing off the work of someone else or if it is indeed the posting hubbers work.  It's not cool.  I don't like it and I know I'm not alone. 

I don't give a rat's behind if people have alter egos.  I know lots of hubbers do, but at least the ones with morals keep only ONE in the forums to avoid toying with others. 

To avoid future problems, if you do have an alter ego, please only post original material so it doesn't raise plagiarism red flags.  If I recognize the work of another departed hubber being posted by a new hubber, I'm gonna take notice.

12. profile image0

now, see...we are told two different things. i used to ignore stuff like that then was told by some 'prominent' Hubpagians to flag and report stuff like that because it was our duty to keep Hubpages clean.

but when it is a buddy of theirs, 'you don't like it, don't read it'.

riiight.....

13. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I was just referring to that if you know it is that person's work and that it is not copied, what is the point of attacking them on the forum?

Of course if I know someone is stealing work and don't know that it's an alter ego I would report them.

1. profile image0

That's just the problem, how DO you know?  Again, if you are an alter, don't post old material.  Pure and simple.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

If I find duplicate content I will let HubPages know, and let them figure it out. What is the point of making a thread about it.

Well, you guys DO know this is the fact yet you keep posting about it. Are you trying to chase her away completely from HubPages?

1. profile image0

Well, NOW I know for sure.  wink

2. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh please

how is that possible when she has a whole freakin army to got her back roll

i have my own issues with this hubber and will say what i like about it (within Hubpages' guidelines of course). i have also read things she has said to another hubber that were henious. if anyone had said that to her they would have been run out of town on a rail and you know it.

don't try to silence me just because you don't like what i am saying. if this hubber had come back under a new account and just started writing, more power to her. i can certainly understand why she would feel a need to hide, based on results of HER OWN ACTIONS. but to misrepresent herself and create a whole new person, not just an account, and deliberately fool people, well i think that is just WHACK. and you guys, her pals, tell people over and over again to hush, to say nothing

good!

well i don't have to say nothing and i won't be silent until someone from HubPages' staff tells me too, okedokee? yikes

Yup, no wonder more and more people are leaving this forum...

Just admit that the whole point of this thread was to just out someone under the pretense of duplicate content...

14. profile image0

i think i am going to come back as a man.

a plumber from the bronx and form lifelong friendships with all my fellow Hubbers. big_smile

ugh ok i offcially don't give a crap about this issue anymore roll

1. profile image0

just no pic of you bending over and fixing the sink please lol

2. profile image0

I'm coming back as a Sumo wrestler that had to flee Japan's papparazi.  http://www.blurtit.com/var/question/q/q9/q97/q977/q9776/q977627_koni2.jpg

Think I can pull it off?

1. profile image0
        JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You'll need a chef. I will charge you 6 cents a calorie, but I guarantee to use a lot of butter so you can put the pounds on quickly.

1. profile image0

You're hired!  I was thinking 5 cents per calorie, but I can tell you know your stuff.

15. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I'm lost. Who are we talking about?

16. profile image0

Oh, brother.  That’s right, the bad guys here are the ones going around posing as …… ourselves.  Come on, what kind of a person consciously creates such a well thought out, attention-detailed description of an alter ego and comes on the forums with the sole purpose of deception, dishonesty and utter misrepresentation?  THIS is the reason people are fed up with the forums, Uninvited Writer.  Because people feel free and think they have free license to screw around with people in this virtual world.  If you screw up BIG TIME, say highly injurious things, send horrific emails to people and affect their lives negatively, then you can just turn around, create this sick and twisted innocent persona for yourself and fly back into the arms of the people who once wrote you off for YOUR unforgivable, nasty, insane behavior.  You know you can’t come back as yourself because you’ve burned all your bridges.  You’ve been asked to stay away from others, they have that RIGHT to keep you at bay.  That’s why they have restraining orders and all. 

These innocent people have the right to continue to write on HubPages in a safe environment, in a place where they’ve done nothing wrong.  But, here pops in this alter ego, a wolf in sheep’s clothing and suddenly this is no longer a safe place for these innocent writers.  Guess what, it makes them want to leave, or have you missed that part, Uninvited Writer?  Or there are those who feel betrayed by reaching out to a new hubber only to discover who this person really is, people who feel bamboozled, manipulated, “worked”, if you will.  What about us?  You can come back as some alter ego if you haven’t left such a hideous trail of destruction behind you.  But, this is far and beyond anything approximating okay.  Any time she posts on the forums, it’s negatively affecting our community.  I don’t have to turn a blind eye to it.  It is NOT okay.

But why do you keep bringing it up? It is ancient history. It would be different if she was coming on the forums harassing people. Who knows if anyone's profile is true or not anyway?

You are making way, way too much of this.

So...you knew all along who it was when you created this thread and just made up the excuse of caring about a former hubber's hubs being duplicated?

I don't know all of what went down and maybe you feel justified. But starting threads does no one any favors. We are all supposedly adults here.

And she is hardly the first person who has continued to keep coming back onto the forum, even after their previous alter ego was banned, and by far not the most insulting.

This forum is no one's personal forum...

17. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Ancient history ?
    Really ?
    If you don't know what really happened, you shouldn't be saying anything.
    I know what happened, and I would like to know what profile she's using. Wouldn't like to fan her.

Then why don't you do it through email? What is the point of making it public unless you want revenge and to drive her away from HubPages?

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not saying she has to leave. I'm saying I want to know behind what avatar is she hiding now. She's a deceiver ,and I don't want to be deceived.

Then ask Wordscribed or Cosette, they obviously know.

That is why I take everything here with a grain of salt, you really never know who you are talking to or if people are who they say they are. If people turn out not to be what I thought I will just chalk it up to experience, it is after all the Internet.

I know it's the internet,  and I'm the first to laugh about this kind of things.
            but this time,  it involves lies about an attempt suicide, so I don't think it's funny.

18. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Why can't ppl just leave her alone?

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They're not that smart. hmm

1. profile image0

lol Cags

lol
          I just found out who she is !
          The same IP

So what if I tell now ? hmm

lol

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And it is irrelevant, just like this thread. hmm

19. profile image0
    Norah Caseyposted 14 years ago

The question asked by the OP has been answered by staff and there are other threads dedicated to the topic currently under discussion. This thread is now closed.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)