Tiffany-jewelry- is it overpriced and overated or not?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Karina S. profile image60
    Karina S.posted 14 years ago

I love Tiffany-jewelry- also I think it is overpriced, but still
    love it

1. EngagementRing profile image64
      EngagementRingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I actually just wrote a hub on this....how to find an affordable diamond engagement ring. The thing about Tiffany's is that the packaging and the brand are marketed so well. I love that turquoise box, but the truth of the matter is, they are EXTREMELY overpriced. I work in the diamond industry and I can tell you, what matter most when you are shopping for diamond jewelry is the 4 Cs. You can find a diamond that is GIA certified with all the same specs that you would find at Tiffany for 1/10 of the price. The markup is an industry joke and you feel like you just got ripped off after you shop there.

1. Karina S. profile image60
        Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am going to read you hub, should be interesting

2. Snowdianna profile image60
      Snowdiannaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Tiffany jewelries are all exiquisite,as far as I think. Yeah, sometimes I share the same opinion with you as for they are overpriced. Some of my frinds find some similar ones from popselling.com, they look the same as I have brought, but do not cost them too much. I am wondering whether I should try these stuffs, too.

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All are overpriced and overrated. lol lol

1. profile image51
        hainjuliaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi
        I don't have any idea about Tiffany-jewelry ...can anyone post their jewelry designs ...so that i can know their latest trends ...

thomas sabo charms

2. profile image49
        letsg00posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here you unexpected results.http:// www.tiffanystock.com

4. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Here in Canada at least the prices I find are really good for the quality your getting, I wouldn't even try comparing it to another store because there is no comparison big_smile

5. yenajeon profile image71
      yenajeonposted 14 years ago

Not at all. When choosing a ring one must thing of the quality in addition to size. Plus, as it is with any brand name of anything: ziploc, clothing, food, tools, and with jewelery the brand name stuff will always cost a bit more!

6. OregonWino profile image61
      OregonWinoposted 14 years ago

I just went through this whole thing.  I ended up with Tiffany for a couple of reasons.

1.  It is what she wanted, you should see the smile on her face when someone asks if it is Tiffany and she says yes.  I know it is silly and sort of shallow, but I feel the same way when people look at my '69 vette that I spent 3 years restoring.

2. I dont know a whole lot about diamonds and wanted a name I could trust, that I knew would take care of any issues that came up with it.

3. Say what you will about grading etc, their diamonds just looked better than a lot of the others I looked at.  Maybe it is just that their settings are better, which I doubt anyone will disagree with, but they do look better, sprakle more etc.

I think that you cna save money,....but brand name has some value too.  All I know is that she really loves it and that is all that matters to me.

1. TheSituation profile image63
        TheSituationposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good tips man!!  I will keep those in mind.....

7. marcel285 profile image65
      marcel285posted 14 years ago

Anything with a label on it is overpriced and overrated.

8. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

Tiffany jewelry is overrated and overpriced..I pass it up, but I will admit I have a very nice collection of original Tiffany lamps, oh - such beautiful designs!

( I am funny about jewelry , since I am a jeweler, only as a hobby now, since I became disabled...jewelry is just one of my art forms )

1. OregonWino profile image61
        OregonWinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that there are some very cool unique designs from Tiffany (Else Pareti, Frank Ghery etc) that could end up being collectors items.,'

Also, did you know that Tiffany lamps, are not from Tiffany & Co?  They were made by Louis Comfort Tiffany who was actually the son of Charles Lewis Tiffany the founder of Tiffany & Co.  Different company.  Weird stuff you learn living in NYC

1. profile image0
          B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I did not know that.Thank You. ( see , we do learn something new everyday until we die ) ..anyway I cherish my collection, I wonder how I can tell who the artist of each one is..I have 15 "table" lamps and 1 very unique "chandelier" that are all from the Tiffany lamp company...and they are not knock -off's, they all have their own seperate insurance on them just like some other irreplaceable items that go above and beyond regular home insurance ( and they have all been appraised, they are not displayed publicly except for 1 in my home - I am sure you can understand why ). Now you have me very curious to find the artist if I can, I do know I had to find a replacement and the Tiffany lamp company sent me a part from a warehouse in California somewhere..I will have to check the box ( I kept it and put the original broken part back into it )

9. yenajeon profile image71
      yenajeonposted 14 years ago

YAY to OregonWino who is aware of the most important aspect of ring shopping: to make the woman happy!

10. Ann Nonymous profile image61
      Ann Nonymousposted 14 years ago

He went to Jared's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha!
      Most jewelers are overpriced....

11. Snowdianna profile image60
      Snowdiannaposted 14 years ago

All luxury brand products are overpriced, but still many people love them

12. Jayne Lancer profile image92
      Jayne Lancerposted 14 years ago

I never buy such jewellery, because it's just not a good investment.
      Of course, you're paying for the name 'Tiffany', and it is beautifully crafted.
      I've absolutely no objection to accepting it as a gift.

13. profile image49
      tiffanyloverposted 14 years ago

Century Jewelry trading Co., Ltd is a leading supplier( www.tiffanyoverstock.com ) of Tiffany Jewelry including Tiffany Necklaces,Tiffany Bracelets,Tiffany bangles,Tiffany Earrings,Tiffany Rings,Tiffany Sets,Tiffany Cuff Links and other more. And we give atmost 70% discount off on our overstocked Tiffany Jewelries, so everyone can afford this luxury brand of sterling jewelries. Everyone is entitled to be elegant and enjoy luxurious life and TiffanyOverStock.com is here to offer you the most affordable Tiffany Jewelries. Generally we only give huge discount to the overstocked Tiffany jewelries, but sometimes our monthly specials will offer some latest Tiffany & Co. Jewelries at a relatively cheap price. Please do feel free to write to us for queries or for suggestions and you are very welcome to contact our online support center. We offer free shipping to U.S.A, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand and some other European countries. We accept PayPal payment and Western Union payment which can give you 5% off from your total order.
      It is our hope to promote both trade and friendship to our mutual advantage. Any interest please let us know, you will get our favorable response. We are absolutely confident that our company will become one of your best and ideal partners. Thank you! Email: tiffanyoverstock@gmail.com MSN: salesliveservice@hotmail.com

14. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

I gotmy wife's engagement ring from Tiffiny's...  and then got the exact same design custom made for me at a wholesaler for half price with the same quality diamonds.

I would never buy jewlery at a retail place if i am going to spend thousands of dollars... i prefer not to pay for their marketing budget and prime retail space, when I can get the same quality for far less $$

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)