Proud to be a woman

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (39 posts)
  1. winter11 profile image60
    winter11posted 14 years ago

I love being a woman.  I have always been interested in how the moon connects to the womans menstrual cycle.  I find a womans moontime to be very sacred.  I have a meditation cd that I listen to and its all about celebrating your moontime and the womans connection to the earth and moon.  I recently had an artist on Etsy create for me a plaque on the four stages of the woman the maiden, mother, enchantress and crone, it came out beautifully!  Some woman don't like their moontime but if you can embrace that its a natural time for a woman and see your blood as sacred than you can really connect to your womanhood.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend  winter11

It is good to be proud of being a woman. Mary was a woman; and we respect her and love her; she was mother of a Messenger Prophet of the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

No Muslim could be a true Muslim unless in character he is like Mary:

[66:11] Allah sets forth for those who disbelieve the example of the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were under two righteous servants of Ours, but they acted unfaithfully towards them. So they availed them naught against Allah, and it was said to them, ‘Enter the Fire, ye twain, along with those who enter.’
      [66:12] And Allah sets forth for those who believe the example of the wife of Pharaoh when she said, ‘My Lord! build for me a house with Thee in the Garden; and deliver me from Pharaoh and his work, and deliver me from the wrongdoing people;’
      [66:13] And the example of Mary, the daughter of ‘Imran, who guarded her private parts — so We breathed into him of Our Spirit — and she fulfilled in her person the words of her Lord and His Books and was one of the obedient.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=10

So if one is like Mary; then he/she should be really proud of.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it sounds fabulous smile

2. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I am darn proud to be a woman too. To have the emotions, softness,intuition, womanly curves that a woman has, is worth embracing. smile

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I'd like to embrace those curves! smile

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Woo hoo Logic....a back massage wouldn't go astray either....ohhhhh the pain. smile smile

1. profile image60

I'll massage any body part you like BP!  Wait for the doorbell! smile

Will you be in your birthday suit? It is my birthday you know. ( a little white lie don't go astray every now and then. )

1. profile image60

Whatever you like, it's your birthday! smile

Yahooo ok I will draw straws here....a big straw it is the birthday suit...a little straw it is the officer and a gentleman suit....
                Omg what do you know I just pulled out the big one. smile

1. profile image60

Are you sure that was a straw?smile

Haha oh boy I am not sure what it was now, whatever it was it was darn effective in choosing A from B. smile

2. donotfear profile image85
                  donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You go girl with your flirting self!!  Ha!  Keep it up...

Haha I just can't help myself, I am just a widdle southern belle, waiting for my Rhett Butler to appear.
                    Oh boy it flows out of me like honey to a tree LMAO.

3. Pandoras Box profile image59
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

Men are wonderful and amazing creatures as well, but I too am glad to be a woman. I would not like being a man.

Not so thrilled with the whole moontime thingie, though. You're probably right though, and it too should be.... honoured, if not celebrated.

4. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I am proud to love women! big_smile

And I'm proud that you do Hokey smile smile

1. donotfear profile image85

Hey Blondpoet, how ya doin?
        Been missin ya!
        And proud to be female...

Hey donotfear omg that pic is sensational, seriously.
          And the horse is just beautiful.
          You really ought to be in films you know, you have star potential. smile

You can't see the wrinkles in that pic either. Maybe I'll post one that shows em.

Bless you, my child! Bless you....I am forever grateful for you wonderful compliments.  I'm forever indebted to you!!! 

Ya know, I almost WAS a star..a reality star. I was a contestant on Real Nightmares, Robert Englund's reality show for CBS that never aired. They taped and filmed the whole thing then didn't release it...oh well.

Oh wow see donotfear I just knew there was star quality there. I can pick it from a million miles, your face is just right up there with the top.
              Unlike when I talk to Logic here, who has an invisible face, I just got to go on his charisma and illuminious charm, that shines through. smile smile

Well, I challenge him to post a pic of himself. I dare him.

1. profile image60

Just go to the encyclopedia and look up "horses ass"!  ROFLAMO!

Ohhhhhhh!!!!!! Carne the crows and shoot the cow Logic, well can you at least give us ladies a description, so we know what we are working with here...sad

AWWW, come on ! Give the lady a little sneak peak!

And we're proud to have you love us, too. wink

5. errum fattah profile image61
    errum fattahposted 14 years ago

am also proud to b a woman, she's beautifull from men and have kind heart.

God made us special
    he made our arms to control the weight of world.
    he made our sholders, our childs feel happiness on them.
    he made our heart te most kind in teh world from that v know that our child is hurted.

u know y God created men before women cuz there is a master piece after a rough sketch.

HEAVEN IS UNDER TEH FOOT OF WOMEN. smile

1. profile image51

Hi friends

I think that it was the "woman" who was created first and then came the man; though Bible mentions it otherwise. Quran corrects it:

[4:2] يٰۤاَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُوْا رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِىْ خَلَقَكُمْ مِّنْ نَّفْسٍ وَّاحِدَةٍ وَّخَلَقَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا وَبَثَّ مِنْهُمَا رِجَالاً كَثِيْرًا وَّنِسَآءً‌ۚ وَاتَّقُوْا اللّٰهَ الَّذِىْ تَسَآءَلُوْنَ بِهٖ وَالْاَرْحَامَ‌ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰهَ كَانَ عَلَيْكُمْ رَقِيْبًا‏ 

[4:2] O ye people! fear your Lord, Who created you from a single soul and created therefrom its mate, and from them twain spread many men and women; and fear Allah, in Whose name you appeal to one another, and fear Him particularly respecting ties of relationship. Verily, Allah watches over you.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … r.php?ch=4

The word n-f-s is used both in masculine and feminine form in Arabic; the translation cannot mention these fine points; here it is used in feminine meaning a stage in human creation/evolution when it was proper to mention it feminine rather that masculin and it was much later that male developed and the present status was achieved.

These verses are recited when a marriage is being cermonized in the Muslims.

The translators mistranslated the OTBible and now the mistakes  cannot be recovered as the original text is but lost; the only recourse is to refer to Quran and rectify its mistakes from the Quran; in this sense Quran is the original Book and OTBible and NTBible have copied from Quran with a lot of mistakes.

It is better to refer to the original; in absolute terms; perhaps time is a relative dimension and truth prevails over time.

I respect OTBible and NTBible very much; but Truth has to be mentioned for benefit of humanity; humanity first

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

6. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I can bring home the bacon...fry it up in a pan
    And never, ever let you forget you're a man
    Cuz I'm a wo-man...!!

I love being a woman!

7. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I used to be proud to be a woman. Then I found out I'm a man so, now I'm proud to be a man!big_smile

1. profile image51

wonderful

Thanks

2. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sneako - you're a man??

8. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I am proud to be a woman, I take care of my children and experienced the joy of being a mother, daughter and a sister! Once upon a time I was a wife and that was wonderful! I experienced to love and be loved in all levels of relationships. The essence of a woman is to be able to enjoy your life and pursue a dream to your own liking. We might have difference in statuses in life, whether youre single, never had children as long as you know what you like thats it. Most of all for me, my children gives me inspiration and giving birth plus motherhood is the best thing that ever happened to me. Plus the fact that HE (up there) always guide me in my life! What more to ask -- those are the essences of a woman for me, now I will drink my coffee, Good eve everyone!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)