Should "Old Sparky" Be Reinstated?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (123 posts)
  1. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Should we consider bringing back the electric chair for executions?
    Should revenge and pain be part of the execution experience?
    Reasons pls.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image70
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the system is not perfect and at times justice can be bought --

because of DNA people are found not guilty after 30 years or so if there is death penalty you killed a person who is not guilty -- what now??

2. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

i dont know about revenge & pain...

my thoughts on executions are this:

they had damn well better be guilty!!

1. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rafini:
      I'll go with the system.
      If the perp has been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, he/she can take it to a higher court.
      If all opportunities have been sought and pleas have been overturned. I will want the perp to meet, personally, "Old Sparky."
      Not be fed, and layed out on a table, given a couple of shots and killed.
      The victim was not given that kind of sympathetic, caring and humane ending!

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is what I meant - if they dont appeal they are gulty, if they have been found guilty all the way to the supreme court they are guilty, But if the execution happens w/o an appeal and the "criminal"  maintains their innocence....that is where my doubt lies

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll agree with that, but I'm pretty much drunk off my arse right now. SO don't hold me very responsible for anything I say tonight.

I think too it should be public. Not like I'd go watch it or anything, but I figure people inclined towards violence would. Maybe it would deter a few. I dunno.

Kill 'em. There's no reason we should foot the bill for them for eternity.

3. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would that include the 33 people exonerated from death row by DNA evidence?
        What % of innocent people put to death is acceptable to ensure the guilty die?

1. qwark profile image60

That's life.
          An innocent child dies every 3 minutes on this planet.
          Religious war has killed untold numbers of innocents.
          The auto kills 50k people every yr in the USA.
          On and on and on...
          It's the "human" way....and it's not gonna change just because ya think it's unfair.

1. cheaptrick profile image74

So what % is acceptable?

now that DNA evidence exists, i feel more strongly about the death penalty when there is no chance for parole, such as:  multiple life sentances.  IMO that is the only acceptable penalty in those types of cases.  Or the only acceptable cases for that type of penalty.  Whichever way you look at it, it means the same.

1. cheaptrick profile image74

The only difference between Murder and Execution is the order in which they take place.

4. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

DNA evidence frees man wrongly convicted for 35 years: Jamie Bain goes home (video)
        December 17, 5:07 PM Tampa Crime Examiner Charisse Van Horn

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Cr … home-video

No.   sad

5. RachaelLefler profile image91
        RachaelLeflerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the electric chair is a better deterrent because it inspires more fear. They should make convicts sweep the floor in the execution room daily just so they look up at that chair and become afraid of committing a murder.

3. muley84 profile image74
    muley84posted 14 years ago

I believe the old "eye for an eye" punishment is not relevant today. Freedom is a privilige, if it is abused it should be taken away. Two wrongs never make a right. If someone commits murder that does not give you, me, or the state the right to do the same.

1. qwark profile image60

Muley:
      Why is it not relevant today? What do you base that comment on?
      What do you mean freedom is a privilege?
      Why do you say the state doesn't have the right to execute?

muley explained that - if freedom is abused it should be taken away (rather than death - eye for eye)
        the state doesn't have the right to murder a murderer (execution)

as to freedom being a privilege, that is individually considered.  I feel the same but may have different reasons than muley.

1. qwark profile image60

Rafini:
          Why are you speaking for Muley?
          Muley didn't answer my question, nor did you.
          I asked WHY the state doesn't have the right to execute and why shouldn't there be an eye-for-an-eye punishment?
          You can offer those kinds of opinions and have no basis for them? Why is that?
          Dont'cha think Muley should respond to my questions?
          All you have offered is a response with no foundation.

whatever

4. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 14 years ago

Why should we resume the use of "sparky"? Aren't they just as dead with the needle? My problem isn't with the technique that is used but with how long it takes to carry out the sentence.

The victims didn't get a chance to appeal.

1. qwark profile image60

Sambo:
      I want a perpetrator of a heinous premeditated murder of an innocent human being to "SUFFER" the same feeling in body and mind the victim felt as they leave this life.

...and I would like the execution to be televised!
      There would be a gathering in front of my garage. I would have a "tailgate" party. The TV would be turned on and we'd all sing 21 bottles of beer on the wall as the murderous SOB was screaming..on his way out!

I am a troglodyte at heart!

1. Friendlyword profile image61
        Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Could it be people have homicidal tendencies and they are just to cowardly to do it themselves?  So they need to see other people die?

1. Pandoras Box profile image60

No, I don't think so. I think we're tired of hearing about all these disgusting crimes, and we want them to stop. If someone tortures, rapes and murders a child, should we get together and fund their life, or let them die to signify our unwillingness to let such creeps participate in any way in our society?

2. qwark profile image60

Friendly:
          That certainly is a possibility. There are all kinds out there. The human beast is "exactly" that: "a beast!"
          But, I am just one of those "beasts" that loves and appreciates the holistic concept of "life."
          It is so precious that it should be lived to the full extent of it's genetic programming.
          Any man/woman who deprives another of that potential, has proven themselves to be of no value to himself or to the society he resides within and should be "deleted!"
          I, tho, am one of those "beasts" who is not so evolved that I accept the elimination of the "perp" to be without experiencing the pain the victim endured.
          I would watch it and rejoice in the knowledge that the savage monster paid his due with equal suffering!
          Revenge can be so "spiritually" elevating!
          Is it no wonder that the "murderous" god thing of the bible says: "revenge is mine!?"

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

and how much it costs tax payers.
      wrong or right, if someone violently hurt my loved ones.....
      I mean really? once youve raped or brutally murderd a child, why do you still have "rights"? And insantiy? PLEASE.....if you committ a crime worthy of death, your clearly insane. Does that make it OK?

5. Friendlyword profile image61
    Friendlywordposted 14 years ago

A simple answer for this question does not exist.  Why is Jeffrey Dhamer dead and Charles Manson still breaths our air? It's the unfairness and the uncertainty in some cases that makes it best to abolish the death penalty in America.

Jeffrey Dhamer was killed by fellow prisoners, not the death penalty

Opps...Never Mind.

Now focus on the point I made. Replace the names with other murders. Didn't Arkansas and Texas kill two brain damaged people with the mentallity of Children?

reinforces my feelings

"they had better damn well be guilty!"

brain damaged people do not belong on death row.

Yeah maybe they get an exception. Not like declared insane by some shrink, but truly verifiably brain damaged.

6. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

It is one way to get rid of persons that have not redeeming value to society.
    Why should the rest of us have to spend one dime to house and feed a person that is proven to be a murderer or a child molester?
    I do not want to 'see' anyone die.  However, if a person commits the crime, they need to pay with what is most value to them.  It will not deter all the idiots, but it will sure give pause to some and in the end, if we can save one live with the deterence that the death penalty may provide, it will indeed be worth it.

No it is not! Too many innocent people have been murdered. Alot more that have been saved by the Freedom Project or other means. I feel it is better not to have the death penalty than it is to risk killing more innocent people.

I agree that they should be like way beyond a shadow of a doubt guilty. I do agree with that.

Back to my earlier comment. Why is Charles Manson Breathing our air? And why did Texas and Arkansas kill Brain Damaged men with the mentallity of Children? It's too unjust the way it is used here in America. And do you really think there's some new kind of murder we never had before that will be cured with murder?

Until yer last sentence I agreed with you. But I'm too drunk to catch the drift of the last thought.

What?

lol

I dont believe the death penalty is a deterrant - otherwise these heinous crimes would have STOPPED ages ago!!

1. profile image0
        Iðunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

2. qwark profile image60

Rafini:
        I don't think I mentioned anything about killing a murderous monster as being a deterrent to anyone considering to kill someone.
        Deterrency is not my concern.
        Ridding mankind of this "beast" is my concern.
        I do not wish to feed, bed and entertain "it" once it has been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
        Eliminate "it" in the same manner it deprived it's innocent victim of his/her life.

I was responding to logic.commonsense

and even a murderer is a human being, not a thing.

1. qwark profile image60

Rafini:
            I respect your right to express yourself.
            I, intoto, disagree.
            In ref to the destruction of human life which has proven itself to be harmful and of no value, logic and common sense would demand it's removal so that "its" deleterious action/s would be permanently, positively and absolutely resolved.
            A "thing" is but a "matter of concern." A murderous human entity would be a matter of concern.
            Mother nature destroys the weak and infirm. That action is of prime import if a species is to become successful.
            At this point in the evolution of the human species, the human animal is not adapting well.

7. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I agree with the death sentence, I also think the prison system needs an overhaul. Lets face it, now when people go to prison they fear the prisoners not the prison.  That is not the way things should be.

8. William F. Torpey profile image71
    William F. Torpeyposted 14 years ago

Those who favor capital punishment are as blood thirsty as those who murder. Does anyone really believe that killing is the way to stop killng? Because some people are so heinous as to commit murder, we should then become like them by killing them? Shall we teach our children that violence is OK as long as it's done by the state? Or that it's OK for them to kill if they have a really good reason, or they only want to kill people who are bad? Guilty or not guilty, human beings are human -- even if depraved. Killing humans is verboten. Thou Shalt Not Kill (applies to everyone.)

1. qwark profile image60

Torp:
      lolol...I get a kick out of those of your ilk who quote scripture as a defense for their thoughts.
      This biblical god thing is the most savage, murderous, bastard god, man ever created!...or did you miss that when reading your fairytale bible?
      "Thou shalt not kill!" Really? doesn't it say "vengeance is mine sayeth the lord." In other words, hey, let me kill 'em!,,, and "It" killed all life except noah his family and some animals..what a buncha fictitious crap.
      Man is man! He is earths prime predator. He is genetically engineered by time and experience to "kill!"...and everyday he invents new ways to kill more efficiently and without compunction.
      Get over it. Man killing man is the norm.

1. Obscurely Diverse profile image60
        Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I, once again, agree with Qwark.  The eye-for-an-eye approach towards punishment, is about as good as it gets - when fairness is factored in.  Anybody that wants to give special rights to a premeditated killer, might think otherwise, if that same killer killed a member of "their" family, for example.  For the ones who disagree, and if you even think about bellowing out religious rights or any of that other incorrect "politically correct" crap...you'll find yourself falling into the abyss of asininity!

"Thou shalt not kill"  was always interesting to me.  I was taught that hatred = murder, to some degree.  Also in the Bible it says "An eye for an eye"  therefore a murderer deserves to be killed & the Bible doesn't say God is the only punisher in that instance (eye for eye).

just my thoughts...

3. profile image0
      Iðunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mr. Torpey, in agreement.

4. TheGlassSpider profile image63
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the commandment in its original language says (translates to) "Thou shalt not murder." The Bible, if one is going to use it, clearly points out that "murder" and "killing" are two separate things. Murder is forbidden, but there might be a reason to kill.

Just throwin' that in there for people to chew on.

smile smile smile smile

2. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bravo GlassSpider! Very few people know that and it is a very important distinction. If it wasn't, every vet would be a murderer. Which they most certainly are not.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image63
          TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile Just so. I think it's a very important detail as well. I wish believers would translate their Bibles! lol

9. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

im for the gallows

10. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Eye for an eye is a barbaric belief practised by a primitive people. Whatever wrong someone has done, I personally do not wish to take responsibility for giving them a painful death, or any death. Lock someone up for good if necessary to protect society, but acting violence towards such a person only breeds violence in generations to come.

Is that brainwashed hogwash?
      So, you think (WriteAngled) it is primitive to believe in primal instinct, the core, and anything else that involves an absolute righteousness - outside of political affairs and the infamous 'violation of rights' propaganda?

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is "absolute righteousness"? Belief in that concept has brought many to the stake in the past.

Yeah, back in the past, we didn't have these murderous clowns getting "off the hook" for reasons such as:  who had the most money to buy the best lawyer, etc.  Or, they wouldn't be hanging out in a prison via tax payers money, either.    I assume you remember the O.J. trials, in the past.  Ha-ha!  Yeah, that was funny how the "system" seemed to work...

A person would have to be a fool, to not believe in fair punishment.  I do, however, disagree with executing people after they have been in prison for several years.  Hell, as slow as the justice system is, the criminals  are often a different person by the time they get executed, if and when it actually happens - depending on state laws.  I think it should be prompt, when enforced.
          Absolute righteousness = total fairness.
          What's your belief?  Do ya like crookedness or something?

1. WriteAngled profile image74
            WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea what you mean when you refer to O.J. trials. Orange juice?

You're saying someone can change in prison so therefore it is better to kill them before they do change?

I believe taking life is barbaric in any situation. I do not believe in a concept of justified killing. I believe wars and capital punishment degrade all of us.

Yes, lock away someone who is a menace to society. Killing them demeans us and makes us as low or lower than they were.

1. profile image0

He's referring to the OJ Simpson trial in the 90's where it was obvious the guy was guilty of killing his wife and was found innocent because he was rich and a celebrity.

I don't completely agree with you that killing is barbaric in any situation. An obvious (and over-used example- sorry) is that it would have been impossible to put all the Nazis in jail.

2. Obscurely Diverse profile image60

Oh, you're not from America.  You probably don't know about O.J. then.
              Ha-ha!  Who would put orange juice on trial; that was an imbecilic gester, I suppose.
              Yeah, it is better to kill the bastard that killed.  Many of us don't feel the need to sing 'grace' after being disgraced by murderous individuals.  You can call it "being caught in the moment" if it makes you feel better.  An act is of now, not to be freeze-framed for later consolidations of hospitalities.
              You promote torture of isolation, in your own belief.  We are not separated, so deal with it.  We are biologically attached to each other, and here you are thinking it is being more 'just' to lock someone up in a cement hole for the rest of their life, as opposed to doing what is fair.  That sounds sick.
              If everybody thought like you, life would have no point.
              Lets just all lie in the floor and sing Kumbaya, shall we?

11. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

I am thinking of An Eye For An Eye as a metaphorical statement meaning A Wrong For A Wrong, not necessarily an equal Wrong.
    Which cost to society is greater?  The cost to keep multiple criminals locked up for consecutive life sentances or the death penalty when warrented?  Violent criminals have been known to escape, why take that chance?

12. Internetwriter62 profile image79
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

Given the present conditions in our prisons, not to mention society. Stronger punishments for crime are definitely needed. In some societies they cut of your hand for stealing. I know that is harsh, but I am certain, stealing is not done a lot in those cultures. We are afraid to walk the streets at night and the crimes against children are being done more frequently. So maybe old sparky is not such a bad idea, if not, maybe we should try to find some other way to deter crime effectively.

13. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

I've followed along and read all the responses.
    Will someone pls convince me that we human creatures are not BARBARIC?
    My goodness, look about you! The majority of humanity is suffering and busy dying in ways too disgusting to consider.
    There are so many ways, if man was truly "civilized," that he could put to good use his "consciousness" that could and would preserve life! Instead, he dedicates his imagination and thought processes to the creation of more efficient ways to kill/murder others of his species...and in doing so, has invented a dynamic force that may, if used, wipe out the results of billions of years of evolved life and regress it to the beginning again.
    So please stop using the word "civilized" when defining contemporary man!
    We exist as the meanest, most violent, pugnacious and barbaric,  creature that evolution has produced to date!
    How can one degrade that which already exists as the vilest result of 4 billion years of evolution? Hmmm?
    I challenge anyone who disagrees with me to PROVE me wrong!

If anyone does, the only ones that will disagree with you are the ones that still believe in the "tooth fairy" and the "Easter bunny" - come to think of it,  those little bastards never visited me either, ha-ha!

1. qwark profile image60

Obscure:
        lolol...nor I...:-)

Barbaric = primitive, savagely cruel

primitive = early stage of evolution or civilization; simple or crude

savagely cruel: Open to individual interpretation (sometimes)

Modern Society is NOT Barbaric

1. qwark profile image60

Rafini:
        Your opinion is absurd and not worthy of further consideration or response!
        Sheesh!! :-(

lol lol lol lol lol

why, because you don't agree?

lol lol lol

3. Pandoras Box profile image60

I probably can't prove you wrong, so I won't try.

But I don't think we are as bad as you make it sound.

And I think we should strive to suppress the bad within ourselves.

Because of those beliefs of mine, I have to reject the idea that we should torture our criminals in the same manner or to the same extent which they tortured their victims.

However, I don't think we should go to great lengths to make them comfortable either.

I think there is a level of murder which ought to be punishable by death. It doesn't bother me if the most convenient method of making that happens causes some pain, degradation or terror for the criminal, but I don't think we need to -or should- go out of our way to make it bad for them.

14. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

No?

15. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

heres the thing. life is not always peaches and cream. deterring horrible acts . requires the same. difference being  one is senseless. that being the first act.  the second act of capital punishment   being a more hateful form of horrid .the death penalty is ugly for sure . but its a ugly id much rather live with than than the senseless.

English major?  I'm lost...  sad

16. muley84 profile image74

Quark I love how you like to set yourself up as THE great authority. I believe my first statement defines my position, "two wrongs never make a right". This is true whether the second wrong is done by an individual or the state. Also I believe your statement "I am a troglidyte" defines your position.

So..., if someone tied you to a chair, made you watch the kill, and butchered your spouse into tiny bits while slinging their heart out of their chest - into the air...as it flings into your face; blood is everywhere!   Would you still think the same?  Is it time to pat them on the back and forgive?  Yeah, right!  Get real!  You'd want to kill!  Ha-ha!

2. qwark profile image60

Muley:
      Ty!
      I appreciate your opinion but you know that opinions are worth about a dime a dozen....mine are worth about the same...:-)

17. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Boy that is a tough one with the price of electricity today! I pay a high enough bill. Anything cheaper?? smile

Rope!  Like they did back in the western days.  Hang 'em high, I suppose...  Is that frugal enough for ya?

1. K Partin profile image60
        K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that'll work! Cheap rope though but strong! smile

1. bonny2010 profile image60
          bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you could always wrap them around a bull ants nest and lather them with honey - makes good work of dead snakes...if the subject is alive I reckon it would be kinda painful and a rather slow death

18. steffsings profile image67
    steffsingsposted 14 years ago

I personally disagree with 'sparky'. But just a side note, its all very humane anyway. A few moments of emotional stress on the way to the chair/table/etc... is generally what they are actually being tortured with.  I'm truly NOT suggesting stoning or slower more painful methods deaths. Just making a side point)

19. muley84 profile image74

The important thing we are missing is that execution has never been a deterrent to heinous crime. The reason for this is most perpetrators of these crimes have very low self esteem, and most have a death wish. We should reinstate hard labor for these guilty people. The prospects of 25-life making big rocks into gravel for our highways, or something similar, would do more to dissuade people from committing these crimes, and be far more punishment, than killing them and being beasts ourselves.

I agree with the idea of "hard labor" -  it would help the economy, wouldn't it?  But i still think some criminals should get the death penalty.

The sad fact is, that a lot of these criminals did what they thought was right in their own mind.  How are you going to psycho-analyze that?

the criminally insane?  Lock 'em up for life and require hard labor!

You wouldn't do that in a fair perspective within naturalistic scenarios and you know it!  You are following an economic approach, which is bull-s**t!

lock 'em up for life and continue to pay for their upkeep?  dont think so, that isn't fair to society.

Huh?  Just kill 'em and get it over with!  I don't want to pay for their worthlessness.  You must have the wrong guy or placed your comment in the wrong field?

3. Friendlyword profile image61

That's the best idea anybody has had on this thread. Still, make murders crack rocks for the profit alone. There is no deterrent to murder. Never has been and never will be.

Furthermore, Americans do not have the decency, judgement, or the morality needed to carry out the death penalty fairly.  So let murderers crack rocks.  This way we get some of our money back, and the innocent have a chance to be freed one day.

20. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

majoring in English . has worked well for you i see

You got that right!  It helps a whole hell of a lot.  Just think, I'm really slobbering all over myself and am mentally challenged!  And..., I've made it this far in the debate... Ha-ha!  There is hope after all, for the majority of moronic doltish clusters of imbecilic beings that provide ignorance and asininity!  Yes-yes!  LOL!

21. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

now that i have your attention. hi nice to meet you.

Yeah, I'm from the south as well.  It is all fun and games, down here. Ha-ha!

1. tantrum profile image59
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OH ?!

Where in the hell is Qwark?  Thanks, man!  LOL!

1. qwark profile image60

Sorry Obscure:
          lolol..had to quit for dinner and a beer..:-)
          Settlin' in again for rush hour now..:-)
          I love asking these questions and rile'n folks up.
          Beats sittin' on my skinny arse watchin' TV....:-)

A beer?  Oh sh*t, I've had multiples of that good stuff...  Ha-ha!  Join back on in.  I think I've did well with the upkeep of your forum, while you was gone.  What ya think?

1. qwark profile image60

Shite Obscure:
              How'n the hell should I know? I've had a couple'a Canadian beers ('bout 15%) and ain't feelin' no pain..thank god...oops god? ..mistake! thank goodness I'm sittin' down....lol
              Just kiddin' I know ya did a fine job holdin' onto the fort in my absence...now load them muskets and back to the wall..them damned injuns will attack at sunrise!!  >-)

You got a point there, ha-ha-ha!  ...But, we'll be ready at sunset!

1. qwark profile image60

Obscure:
                  I'm countin' on ya!
                  Fire when ya see the whites of them "redskins" eyes!
                  Hey Ob...yer not taking none'a this serious are ya....lolol
                  First "redskin" ya capture, I got "old Sparky" warmed up!
                  How'd you like yers? reglar or Crispy?....:-)

Of course I'm takin' it seriously...  Just so it is fried!  Ha-ha!

22. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

hi tant

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you aware of this Old sparky ?
      I think qwark should try it once, and see how much he likes it

23. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

that degree . was it a on line school.  i mean ... dang.

Why did we have to turn these forum threads into a philosophy that favored the 'redneck haven' of insanity?  Or...perhaps, I'm being bias?

24. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

im in fla old sparky was our chair

25. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Why waste the electricity on a scumbag? Just put two in the back of the head and be done with it!

Save the gunpowder; add the rope!

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Drowm em in a toilet for all I care.

That reminds me of a porno I once watched:  Roco S.  shoved a babe's head in the toilet while he was bangin' her from behind.  It was nice footage, but she did comply ever-so gracefully, ha-ha!

1. profile image0
            A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...I'm not up on the latest porn stars, but thanks for the info.

SICK!!

Yeah, tell 'em Rafini!  LOL!

um, no, that was meant for u   smile

Umm, yeah, duh?  It was a joke; don't be so lame.  By the way, what you call sick, I call joy.  What you may think is profanity, I may call poetry!  Ha-ha!

don't be so rude!!   LOL
                    ya know - online jokes are usually a joke on the joker

2. profile image0

Why waste one?

26. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Deff...Ol' Sparky with a bag of Jif'e Pop Popcorn in each hand...for the ones that did maliciously plan or humilate or enjoy or were merciless...in their deed...that way you can serve refreshments at a party in celebration that they have left the planet...Oh...did I type that out loud...Whoops!

But really...that's just out of anger for some of the needless and awful murders that I hear of day to day on the news. I think a civil society should have a quick lethal method.  And by quick...I feel like the judge should be able to say: Get a rope! Of course that would have to take place after the final appeal...as one person has said...you wouldn't want to hang an innocent person...by no means.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)