Did Aliens Put us here?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (107 posts)
  1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 14 years ago

I have no opinion as its one myth in exchange for the next, but feel free to  voice your opinions here.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

did aliens put us here? yikes

no

think about it. if you created a whole species wouldn't you want it to know you and see you and everything? yet there are no aliens around that i can see...

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Umm I am not convinced that some of my fellow 'humans' could not be aliens themselves! Bloody weird people out there! roll lol

2. rhamson profile image70
        rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever thought this was just a big mistake?

3. Garrett Mickley profile image77
        Garrett Mickleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unless they're studying us and don't want to ruin the experiment.

I mean, we do that when we study animals in the wild.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is one of those "beg the question" questions. wink

How did the aliens originate? smile

Actually, disbarring the incredibly unlikeliness of interstellar travel, we have too much in common with the living things of our planet to be alien. In that sense, all living things on earth had to have been deposited here by aliens. smile

1. alternate poet profile image67
        alternate poetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It would only have needed anything almost alive and it would have evolved to something like we have today.  A kind of alien ejaculation maybe ?

2. ceciliabeltran profile image64
        ceciliabeltranposted 14 years agoin reply to this

something strange was flying up the sky that's for sure. Many people saw it. Just saying these UFOs do appear. They could be a hundred things that are from an earthly source. So I'm just saying I saw some weird object the same time other people did.I don't know what it is. hence the name Unidentified Flying Object. Was it alien? I don't know.

When I was about 4, I saw ball lightning too. It was a giant ball of fire that came down from the sky and I remember my nanny pulling my hand just in time and asked me "what was that?" For the longest time I thought it was something else until I saw a special in Discovery about ball lightning. It was very very weird because just as it touched my finger, it became smoke.

It turns out that ball lightning is from gasses that come from the earth that suddenly for some reason caught fire. and they do just disappear when the gas has been consumed by fire.

1. Rishy Rich profile image72
          Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ever heard of Stealth Blimp? or the Black project?

What you have seen may not necessarily be an alien technology!

1. Garrett Mickley profile image77
            Garrett Mickleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Which is why she said "They could be a hundred things that are from an earthly source."

3. mintinfo profile image64
      mintinfoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Anything is possible. WE could be one giant controlled experiment. That would explain why we haven't been contacted yet. Aliens (if they exist) are able to interact with us without us knowing. Therefore they can introduce things like religion in order to observe its long term effect.

If you refer to Aliens as living beings that are not of this world, they could be (God and his Angels). Again anything is possible.

1. dave4699 profile image60
        dave4699posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that the history of our species may be much stranger than we can ever know. There are so many odd things that show up if you explore the authors that write about " Forbidden Archelogy". We need a time machine so we can go back and check out what actually happened in the past. Of course maybe we do in the future and our future selfs are checking out what we are doing.  The theory of alternate universes gives us another possibility to think about.  So many possibilities!!!!!

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You ask if aliens put us here?

Who created the aliens then?

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

there are many different answers to that question including who created universe question...neither religion , nor science answers it is most satisfying way...since there has to be starting point..religion says it is god...but who created god?..answer was always there..is it satisfying answer?.No...is it logical answer?. No. so it is endless questioning scenario...

2. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you are suggesting it was a god, what created the god then?

1. profile image0

Ah. So true!
          The only explanation is that there is one ultimate Being who began the entire process or from whom the entire process originated.
          Remember Genesis.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
            pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

but that is not an explanation...it is assumption...

1. profile image0

It is Faith based on fact.
              The fact is that no one has ever come up with concrete scientific proof.  What's left but simple Faith?

1. Pcunix profile image90
                Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Intelligence.

What's left without the god myth?

How about thousands of interlocking peer reviewed scientific processes. All the theories that have to tie together across several sciences to be accepted as reasonably proved.
                Science is getting closer to absolute answers every day.

Absolute truth? As opposed to believing in a fairy did it all because a book written by some control freak goat herders 2,000 years ago?
                Do you accept all of the OT as truth Brenda?

1. profile image0

Yes I do.
                  That's not saying that I have all the answers to every question.
                  It's saying that I believe it's the word of God just like the New Testament is.

Ah genesis, the source of lots of nonsense, and ridiculous events like this.

Noah, a man of the soil, was the first to plant a vineyard.  He drank some of the wine and became drunk, and he lay uncovered in his tent.  And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside.  Then Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father; their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father's nakedness.  When Noah awoke from his wine and knew what his youngest son had done to him, he said, "Cursed be Canaan; lowest of slaves shall he be to his brothers."  He also said, "Blessed by the Lord my God be Shem; and let Canaan be his slave.  May God make space for Japheth, and let him live in the tents of Shem; and let Canaan be his slave."   (Genesis 9:20-27 NRSV)

Enslavement for nonsense!
            Not too much omnipotence showing here! lol

1. profile image0

Ham mocked his father instead of covering his nakedness.
              That's the way I read it anyway.

So, earnest, you think there should be no punishment for mocking one's father?  Just as there should be no punishment for mocking the heavenly Father?

In addition to this explanation, I have these questions----how did Noah know that Ham had "uncovered his nakedness"?
              Perhaps he simply was told by his sons what happened.
              Or..
              Could it be that Ham actually performed sodomy or some other sexual act upon his father?

While I'm more inclined to believe that Ham simply mocked his father's undignified status, it does make me entertain the question...

You search for ways to discount the Word of God, while I search for the true meaning in it.

1. earnestshub profile image79

I have learned to read what is written and see the madness of a god that would solve all the problems he has with his own creation by using primitive punishments, death and horrific violence for some strange reason. smile

1. profile image0

Yet you bow down to society's laws, correct?

Not exactly! I live in a free society and most of the rules are beaut! Do I have to be anti-social to be able to think for myself? smile I don't do a lot of bowing down the way I see it.

2. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
              Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When will someone wake up and see his nakedness? Or he needs another revelation other than the Genesis?

3. Trichakra profile image61
        Trichakraposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is not the answer of the question.

5. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aliens definitely had something to do with my existence. Reason I know this is that they send me daily messages thru my water heater instructing me on everyday life.
      http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:9fnWJSBjJhQkqM::rlv.zcache.com/little_green_man_poster-p228513170009961927tdcp_400.jpg

6. inancgumus profile image57
      inancgumusposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Aliens could have only put the first replicating molecule to start the biological evolution. Other than that the rest of it is history...

If not, the explanation is simpler: No one put us here. No one put itself there (god(s)). No aliens being put by some being.

We search for a being because we're a 'being'.

But, we, ourselves could create life on another planet after a long advancement. And, we wouldn't need to experiment on these living beings.

That is just could become:

"Seeding life everywhere in the universe. If we believe, it's the most precious thing."

2. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image88
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 14 years ago

That humanity may have been an experiment in biotechnology is an increasingly popular theory.  It's no more silly than any more traditional theory, as if you look at the diversity of life - plant, animal, insect - and look at how the weather systems of other planets effect Earth's and vice versa, and how the stars, planets (and currently unknown quantities) of this universe interact, then to dismiss everything as the product of a random accident seems short sighted.

But the aliens theory merely relocates the same old questions:- where did the aliens come from, where are they now, how did they evolve or were they created by other aliens (and if so, what in turn were their origins.)

exactly, it does just put the entire burden of explanation to a new set of myths.

3. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Regardless of what your beliefs are concerning evolution or crearion, Who is to say that  THAT did not happen long ago,
    and they evolved intelectually,traveled to other planets as our civilization may some day accomplish,and Colonize there.
      Imagine us doing this.  Then an earth event happens such as an ice age that kills everything on earth. Would we not re-seed life on earth.
    Why there would not be communication between these two worlds?? Who knows?

4. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 14 years ago

The general thinking that I remember reading vaguely is NO - because with the trillions of star systems with planets, the possibility that life is only here is ridiculous.  Some planets that we know would be suitable for life similar to earth have been around billions of years longer than us.  If it could have been done they would be on the phone already.

1. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image88
      AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some might say they've been shouting down the phone since the 1950s at least, with UFOs and crop circles etc.  smile

I would have thought that if they could get across interstellar space they would have at least a megaphone and shout - rather than running round and round in the corn as a means of communication ?

5. profile image0
    crmhaskeposted 14 years ago

I essentially have no opinion either, if they did put us here - I'm ready to beam back up to the mother ship tongue

first I'll ask if its true that they like strawberry ice cream and if they have some aboard.

6. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Where do you think the Greek god's came from?

from the fancies of men to personify forces of the consciousness.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Invading forces attempting to assert control over the natives transitioned their earlier simpler "chthonic" gods into the now known Greek pantheon.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I beg your pardon?

I KNEW the Greek Gods !

7. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 14 years ago

Ancient text are littered with suggestions that support the theory of extralterestrial life.

To say that Einstiens theories of faster then light travel are unbreakable ignore theories such as interdimensional travel and the bending of space time.

One must be careful when considering the aspect of ET. For example the Heavens Gate incident. Perhaps...just speculating, a technologically advanced civilization would consider the pyscological impact on an un-advanced culture to be dangerous. Remember that advanced technology leads also to advanced enlightenment and other sciences, pshycology etc.

Teri

8. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

This thread has me thinking about David Icke now lol
    He reckons the aliens are here now, shape shifters, lizard men yikes
    Crazy as it sounds its fun to wonder about this and that person (mainly politicians!)

9. terrordronetimmy profile image61
    terrordronetimmyposted 14 years ago

But if aliens have been Trying to contact us with crop circles and ufos then surely they would have the forsite to just land all over the place and say hi. Unless they can't because of getting infected by our viruses etc. No telling what a cold would do to them and vice versa.
    Seems like if they were clever enough to travel here and even want to speak to us (personally I wouldn't) then they would have some kind of plan to stop them messing things up. Like in startrek with the prime directive.
    You really only have to go to your bus shelter to see why aliens wouldn't bother with humans untill all the species were enlightend to a steven hawkings level.
    As far as aliens making us then I don't see why not. We do it now with genetic engineering. But you'd think that if they were experimenting then where are all the other test subjects. You would think they would keep them close by each other, unless of course space and time mean nothing to them.
    smile xxxx

10. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

we come from france? lol

to suggest 'alien' is to say an unknown or very little known entity.
    the classic-romantic theories put a nice spin on it though. Intergalactic Warlord space cowboys and little people with big heads and eyes (never could grasp why) to angelic beings, of the purest fire, able to commit themselves to human form.

Interesting enough most renditions of alien are either human looking or resemble animals of this planet, or even a seaweed mop (for those who recall Sigmund who befriended two surfer dudes from La Jolla back in the `70s) as well as the Loch Ness monster who is -to some- Satan serpent while others a water dragon fallen from the stars as guardian of the Abyss.

1. luvpassion profile image62
      luvpassionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I haven't heard that theory on the Loch Ness monster Twenty-one...interesting, this could explain many supernatural events, ghosts, angels...bigfoot. LOL

Teri

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
        hand someone enough Scotch Whiskey, free time, a flashlight and tinfoil -a whole library of possibilities unfolds.

james

2. alternate poet profile image67

How else could the actor get the mask on his head and see out through the eye holes ?  thank old movies and tv for that type of alien.

I agree alternate; however more and more scientist are looking for extraterestrial life on a more cellulare and microbiological level.

If you notice, more and more movies and television shows are mimicking these examples. ET viruses etc.

yes I do and did - the reason is, that if they find any life anywhere else, then it is a pretty sure bet it is all over the universe.

I'm afraid I am a little biased on the subject of extraterestrial life, I married into a family of military pilots.

Teri

I knew military pilots were strange but I didn't know they were aliens - but it does explain a lot big_smile

Not exactly what I meant, but I'm constantly telling my husband to use his oxygen more...LOL

11. Randy Godwin profile image62
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

This is always an interesting theory because of so many variables involved.  There is the "Noah's Ark" theory where the ark is a spaceship lifeboat from a doomed planet, filled with enough diverse genetic material to populate a new planet with all manner of lifeforms.

Or perhaps we are merely one of many planets which have been seeded by more highly advanced beings.  Our planet is very young compared to millions of other suitable planets in our own galaxy.  So it isn't unreasonable to assume life forming on at least some of them.

Imagine how another civilization, only a thousand years more advanced than ours, might have solved the problems of interstellar travel. Just because we cannot envision such technology doesn't mean it isn't possible.

As far as the "aliens" not making themselves known to us, perhaps we are "off limits" to visitors because of the impact this would have on our entire world civilization. 

The religious followers would be devastated and of course, our world economy and governments would be worthless in the face of a much more powerful civilization.  Technology shock would be too much to soon for many of us.  Just a few reasons.

Fun to think about, though!

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

perhaps we are "off limits" to visitors
      racist "snake" aliens or construction zone? (just thought of HG to the Galaxy). big_smile

how do Randy?

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doing great, 21!  Contemplating goin' fishing at the moment.  Beautiful weather here! 

Love the whole " how we got here" discussion. Loads of possibilities!

12. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 14 years ago

Well just yesterday, in National Geographic, my husband woke me and said, hey this is your sh--! as he sleepily handed my the iPad. So I read it.

New evidence suggests that black holes are not singularities but worm holes (an old theory dating back say 20 years or so). It is the basis of many a sci-fi flick involving interfacing with aliens.

The article was titled, "Is our universe inside a black hole?"
    This means that aliens can indeed possibly access our solar system.

a summary is in this link:

http://www.tgdaily.com/space-features/4 … -physicist

Of course I have never seen an alien. So once again this is the stuff of myths, of what could be and if, what ifs.

1. profile image0
      crmhaskeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, I love the first comment at that link:

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, and we are all one conscience sharing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are an imagination of ourselves... here's Tom with the weather."

The lyrics at the beginning of Third Eye by Tool - awesome! haha, I love Tool, I did a Cha Cha to this song at a Spotlight with my ballroom dance school

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSOhaV3-is

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I've met a few people who I'm pretty sure have alien DNA. lol

1. susanlang profile image61
      susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So have I habee lol , you know, I think other life forms do dwell in the big mass known as outerspace. Ever wonder if outerspace stops? Someone once said, yes..there's a wall.  I said really, whats on the other side of it? wink

14. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I really don't have an opinion either way, just keep my mind open to whatever...seriously, haven't we all met those people we are sure are from another planet smile

15. susanlang profile image61
    susanlangposted 14 years ago

Mark is a big star trek fan.

1. profile image0

Star Trek... freaking... rules!!!

1. Obscure Divine profile image59
        Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always enjoyed the "Original Series" the most.  I have all of their movies, shows, and even the damn Animated Series!  big_smile

1. profile image0

I own all of TOS and TNG, movies 2, 3 and 4, and as I've said before, I totally have a character crush on Spock haha

TOS and TNG were very different shows with very different captains, I like them both equally, but for different reasons.  DS9 was boring until the war started, but it's nothing compared to TOS and TNG.  I hated the captain in Voyager.  For some reason I just didn't like that she was was a she lol.  I haven't seen Enterprise, it was on TV around the time I didn't have one, and I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.  I haven't seen the Animated Series either.

I've read a lot of the books - that's when you know you are a Trekkie, you've read the books haha

Did you read the comics that came out before the newest movie to maintain continuity? lol

...Never read the comics, but I still have some books in the closet that I haven't read yet, either.  Hell, I even have a Star Trek Encyclopedia book...ha-ha!  I'm borderline Trekkie due to the required specifications to be such, but there is so many other sci-fi type stuff out there, that I like.  Plus, I'm partial to the '60s & '70s, even though it was before my time, simply because TV was better back then.  Oh, I also have all of the Twilight Zone shows as well; totally kick ass flicks with a twist.  wink

2. susanlang profile image61
          susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark always said the writer of star trek was ahead of his time. The show had cheap props but very important to the world we live in. IE: cell phones, computers, space travel and many more. The writer included many actors who represented most every race. The list goes on and on.

Indeed!  It sort of relates to when many people think certain individuals are crazy/loco/insane at the time, but later on, they find out just how much insight they actually had intertwined.
            Agreed!  smile

16. Obscure Divine profile image59
    Obscure Divineposted 14 years ago

What is considered "Alien" to most of y'all, is just another level of existence to some of us aware beings/folks.  Of course, there is life elsewhere besides this beautiful blue planet.  Who made who, doesn't matter, as we all dock into a capsule of life - in whatever form, in an endless fashion, from "time" to "time." ...Oh, but isn't it grand, though, eh?  We all come from one source of energy, exploring from the inside out, in a perpetuity of variation due to imagination and something that we often call "consciousness"...  Fun-fun...  big_smile

17. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years ago

Absolutely however they placed not put us here.  Very gentle species til you eat their peanuts, just so ya know.

18. susanlang profile image61

I'm back, Mark informed me he's doing a hub on the history of Star Trek, the tv show. smile

1. profile image0

I was going to do one on Kirk vs. Picard, but got bored half way through and watched the show instead lol

19. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Aliens didn't put me here.  I rode in from Neptune on my own space-craft.

20. lightning john profile image61
    lightning johnposted 14 years ago

An alien from outer space could be at anyplace at anytime, and may look like nothing that you have ever seen. Perhaps around 16" from top to bottum and that would rotate, spin slowly in position not staying in a completley fixed form, but to your eye may look as a very large slug, slightly wet. Who knows?

21. susanlang profile image61

Hmm, you should write more science fiction lightning j, you have what it takes. Vivid and wild thoughts. I'm checking your hubs today smile

1. lightning john profile image61
      lightning johnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is it all in my mind?

22. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

I would like to share a hub link from one of RKHenry's hubs.  He writes on this very subject matter.  And, it is beautifully written.  However, it really makes you think about things.  It is called Exploring Ancient Aliens.  The hub link is http://hubpages.com/hub/Ancient-Aliens

It is really a must read.  He brings out a lot of interesting side points.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I might also add that RK isn't a freak or anything like that.  He is a highly intelligent hubber here.  I just think his hub speaks volumes on this subject matter, and gives an enlightening perspective.

23. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

I think they were aiming for Mars but the damn GPS thingy was on the fritz! smile

24. profile image50
    The Paulposted 14 years ago

You'd think if aliens had seeded the Earth for the purposes of its producing complex life it wouldn't have had to "simmer" for a billion years (literally) before anything multicellular turned up.

You'd figure if there were interested in having a chat, they'd have one.

You'd figure if these omnipotent space gods declared to themselves that earth was off-limits and we weren't supposed to have any contact with them then we wouldn't ever see 'em.  All the reported alien encounters have to be something else.

...and then an elaborate list of reasons starts cropping up why those things shouldn't be so.  Sort of how like there's an elaborate list of reasons why an omnipotent god who loves me and wants me to know about him can't just drop in on some weekly gaming or something.

25. lightning john profile image61
    lightning johnposted 14 years ago

IntamatEvolution, I have the book Chariots of The God's and Eric Von Danigin does make some interesting points. A book everone should read.

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you like his book you should be watching ancient aliens on the history channel, great show. I think ever side makes a few points that make sence. As a human race we cant handle the truth to hoe we got here, thats why its fun to speculate.

26. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

earnestshub wrote   
      Ah genesis, the source of lots of nonsense, and ridiculous events like this.

Noah, a man of the soil, was the first to plant a vineyard.  He drank some of the wine and became drunk, and he lay uncovered in his tent.  And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside.  Then Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father; their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father's nakedness.  When Noah awoke from his wine and knew what his youngest son had done to him, he said, "Cursed be Canaan; lowest of slaves shall he be to his brothers."  He also said, "Blessed by the Lord my God be Shem; and let Canaan be his slave.  May God make space for Japheth, and let him live in the tents of Shem; and let Canaan be his slave."   (Genesis 9:20-27 NRSV)

Enslavement for nonsense!
    Not too much omnipotence showing here!

==========================

There would have to be more to this story than is told.

Something other than JUST looking upon the nakedness of his father had to have happened  or else  how would Noah have known that he had been LOOKED UPON, while he was in a drunken stupor?

Perhaps a little graffiti written across his chest?  Don't think so?

Did you miss the point as others do Jeremi?

The focus should be on the madness of these biblical punishments and the hate behind them.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do get your point...
          These are just stories written of men.

And they should be understood as such.

But this in itself doesn't totally discount the possibility of an event that sparked the tale.

You know what is said about smoke?  It came from something?

It sure did! Worship of the sun originally. smile

I can't play in here all day today;  though it might be fun.

Gotta put the gas tank back on my truck this AM.
              Got the brushes for the wife's alternator on her car yesterday.  After that I gotta knock something? off of my
            honey-do book.   "TO  DO"  list keeps getting bigger.

See ya when I can.

Take it easy there Jeremi.
              The gas tank is a 2 man job unless you can find a decent lever. smile

Coffee cup in in the sink..  got my shoes no and going out the door.

Yes I had to use a floor jack to get er down.
                  poured the gas out of it  so won't be too bad getting it back in place.
                   the hardest part was seeing the connections well enough to know how they disconnect.  Now I know so it shouldn't take long to connect it back up.

By the time that I have to do it again I will have forgotten how and will have to learn all over again.
                    It's a b****ch getting old...  but beats the alternative I guess.

Yep! I keep thinking I'm 18, but my body reckons I'm 100. Cheers Jeremi. smile

2. Pcunix profile image90

I just took a look at a faucet replacement.

We had trouble with the aerator - minor, but annoying.  After several tries,Moen sent us a whole new faucet - lifetime guarantee, good reason to buy Moen.

But I went underneath with a  flashlight and it is awful tight up in there.  I stuck my camera under and took some shots and honestly I can't see how I can do this.  It really doesn't even look possible!

Fortunately I still have much more money than mechanical skills, so I'll just have to hire someone to do it.  I hate being that incompetent, but it's not worth making things worse.   

So I'll stay here to argue with you while you are off fixing the car.

Sometimes it turns out that I wish I had not tried to do it.

I hate kitchen sink faucets. I usually disconnect the supply lines at the shut off valves. Unscrew two BIG nuts that hold the sink in place pull the faucet& hoses up through the top.
                     There is a special wrench for reaching up to unscrew the nuts.  Looks like a little monkey wrench with a swivel on the end of an extension. 
                    But if you have the money it is better to feed the economy, and hire someone to do it.   Especially if you don't have to miss a days pay in order to stay home and let him/her do it.

2. Pcunix profile image90

Well, the Judaic god was obviously a storm god.

True. They worshiped things that threatened them as well as those things that supported them like the sun and rain.
              There have been more bible-like stories than I've had hot dinners. smile

27. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 13 years ago

That's such a fascinating idea. I don't think it really even calls biblical teaching into question (necessarily). The idea isn't that the aliens are god or anything, just that we might not always have been a race located on Earth.

Maybe the Garden of Eden was on Mars?

28. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

...some think that life may have flown in on an asteroid.
    Problem comes when the damned thing hits the earth at an incredible speed. The heat generated at explosion should destroy any life on it...Ah but there are species of bacteria that have adapted to extreme temperatures and are alive and well on earth now...could it be????? Isn't imagination interesting?
    I hope we survive long enuf to find out.
    Qwark

29. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Is this still going on????  Just admit there are aliens and move on....GEEEEZ!!!

http://drwill.com/wp-content/uploads/alien.png

C'mon! I bet that's photo-Shopped! smile

30. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

It is said that asteroids carry amino acids, which is very important in the developement of life. So when they crash into earth the amino acids go to work on evloution, bam we're humans. It's a lot more complicated, but I'm not explaining it. Watch the Universe on History Channel.

That is one of the possibilities, but if you are saying aliens dropped us off on earth, I would have to say no. It just doesn't make any sense.

I reckon you have the theory about right Mikeydoes, We are stardust. smile

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
        Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, we certainly are stardust, or something like it. We are made out of who knows how many little particles, and then whatever makes them up(and maybe them). It really intrigues me, I love watching TV with things on space and trying to look into our DNA.

It is pretty awesome and really gives you a sense of what life is about. At least for me that is, not being religious, exploring space and DNA is about as close to spirituality I personally get.

1. Dave Barnett profile image58
          Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Double edged question. Yes and No. This is a true statement. Aliens not actually. They are from here. They're close relatives of man. Gotta crawl before you learn to hyper space, you know. smile

31. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

Does anyone watch the Ancient Alien series on History Channel? 

I have to admit, most of the time I am highly intrigued at their theories and answers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)