How to live a more meaningfull life?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image58
    Joseph Tposted 14 years ago

If the December 21/2012  the Doomsday, the end of the world
    is true. How and what you would like to do for making your life more enjoyable, productive, and sastified...
         I would like to appreciate all opinions, all point-of-view from every person from around the world.
         Please share your idea. Thanks

1. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I had my last wish it would be to have a deluxe golden porcelain throne with my own cocoa latte machine.  There I can sit and ponder over the good book. smile

1. profile image58
        Joseph Tposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow ! How wonderful and peaceful picture of a scholar.... Goldenpath, I wonder what kind of book you will read on that day?
        If it's my choice, I will read a Holy book, the Bible while enjoying a strong Arabia coffee porcelain cup. Thanks for your amazing idea...

1. Pearldiver profile image68
          Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol I don't think he wants to drink from his porcelain cup.... he's talking about squatting on it!!! lol

Good Luck on the day mate.... It really won't matter what your choice of book will be.... Your time will be better spent bending over and kissing your butt Goodbye! lol

1. myownworld profile image73
            myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile did he even mention a book? I couldn't get past the cocoa latte... mmm.... delicious!

2. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

if we only have until Dec 21, 2012, i would..

1) take out a HUGE loan (that comes due in early 2013)
      2) party non stop
      3) Do some SERIOUS repenting on Dec 20st, 2012

big_smile yes me to!
        I like the idea of a loan...hmm...and since no exact time is specified, can we leaving that repenting bit for the very last hour...?? I do find that kind of thing rather exhausting...and I need to conserve as much as I can for all the partying...! roll

1. Greek One profile image63

i'm going to have a LOT more repenting to do than you.. so I have to start earlier

lol

ahem, joseph, do forgive us if we come across as shallow human beings... we really really aren't! yikes

Yes... when i mean "party", I really mean make each and every preciouis moment count by spreading as much joy, tenderness and love to every single person I meet.....

while intoxicated, of course

lol lol

(and we'll read as many 'good books'  as we can fit into that hectic spreading of joy, I promise you!)

are you talking anout Playboy?

oooh sacrilege!! yikes
                    you're going STRAIGHT to hell in Dec 2012!!!

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What difference does it make?  We are all doomed anyway.  The date 12/21/12 has no significance if you really expand your mind.  We will, all, experience our end at some point in the future.  In fact, for some of us, it will be before 12/21/12.
      So my suggestion is to live your life to its fullest potential.

4. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to LAUGH' at that idea all the way to the end....lol   :-)

5. lilian_sg profile image63
      lilian_sgposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess a great way to have a meaningful life is to do your best in everything you attempt and also be willing to help the people around you to your best ability.

2. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 14 years ago

I'd get a video camera and record all the crazies running around screaming, "The sky is falling!"  And then, as the sky fell, I'd sit in my lazy boy and watch the video, all the time laughing like a maniac. big_smile

Really, worrying about the end of the world won't help any.  Live your life the best you can, and when that time comes, know that you've done your best.  That's all the comfort anyone really needs; knowing that they did the most with their lives while they were here.

3. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 14 years ago

I would build a spaceship and launch myself days before the end of the world. After the dust settles, I would land and proceed to re-populate the world with clones of myself. Then eventually I would get irritated at talking with myself, and probably manipulate their dna so they don't have mouths. They would have to feed themselves through their nose with a straw.

Ok ok.. I'm tired after a 12 hour shift overnight, I'm kinda quirky lol.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
      Urbane Chaosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hence, the name Origin. tongue

1. Origin profile image61
        Originposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhh true! big_smile

2. timorous profile image80
      timorousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kind of like 'Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy', where the earth is destroyed in order to build a hyper-space bypass.  Read the Douglas Adams books, or if you can find the British TV series from the 90's..it's great too.

4. profile image58
    Joseph Tposted 14 years ago

Thank Timorous,Origin, and Urbane Chaos for your unique ideas. We are the world which is a beautiful world with different colors, different thoughts, and different dreams.

5. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Help as many children as I can...all over the world.
    Spend more time with family...
    Kiss and make love as often as I can...
    Eat all sorts of of fattening delicious things.. (doesn't exactly add more meaning though!)
    Go mountain climbing...
    And yes, stop saving for that house we're planning to buy! big_smile

6. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Stop finding meaning to life and enjoy what you've got. Live as if you're going to die tomorrow.

1. GreenTieCommando profile image68
      GreenTieCommandoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. We think too much about the past or the future. None of us can change the past or the future. Therefore dwelling on them is not productive.
      Only living in the present can produce happiness!

7. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

lol AND.... Practice Kissing your Butt Goodbye! lol

8. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

They've prayers for almost anything.. i wonder if they've  prayed to take you out of thread... Lord works in mysterious ways..  roll

Here too?? I thought it was just the OTHER thread! yikes

9. Obscure Divine profile image60
    Obscure Divineposted 14 years ago

How does the title "How to live a more meaningful life?" relate to the OP's first entry that spoke of Mayan Doomsday?  I just don't get the correlation between the question and the initial statement...  hmm

1. timorous profile image80

I think the idea is: If you knew the world was going to end by a certain date (Doomsday), how would you make your own life (or everyone else's) more meaningful until then?  Would you do anything differently than you now do?  Would you party like there's no tomorrow (literally).  I'll bet you would...heheh.    Or just be nice to everyone, knowing that you'll die happy in either case.

1. Obscure Divine profile image60
        Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh sh*t!  Thanks for clearing that up!  Okay, I got ya now...

I'd just drink more beer and fornicate with every willing semi-hot babe I could find, while I cruise the back roads listening to loud music...that is, until the wheels fell off!  How's that?  tongue

1. timorous profile image80

No problemo, O.D.  Whatever floats yer boat.

10. profile image54
    probafixposted 14 years ago

LIVE LIFE WITH TRUTH AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENTS (LET'S ENJOY!!!!)

11. profile image58
    Joseph Tposted 13 years ago

I think the best way is you repent your sins, believe and trust the Divine Mercy's love. Please ask God forgive your sins which you committed from the day you are born untill to this moment...
          It doesn't matter how big and how many your sins are...If you believe into the The Divine Mercy's love, repent your sins, and trust completely into Jesus Christ, all your sins are forgiven...Let us pray together: 
       " Oh Holy Blood and Water, came from Jesus Christ's heart, is the source of the Divine Mercy's Love for us. Please save us and all sinners around the world

12. GreenTieCommando profile image68
    GreenTieCommandoposted 13 years ago

Sorry for necroposting tongue

I think a lot of us get caught in the rat race of life, wanting more, bigger, better!

Appreciating what we have now is a better way. How? Focus on the things and what they mean to you. Look at them through your senses. Look, listen, feel, touch, taste. There are multiple ways to ground yourself in the present and I'm in no way a master.

For the first time I've felt the power of living in the present!

And it feels good.

13. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

It the end were to be coming that soon I don't think I'd bother trying to squeeze more meaning into my life than I already have.

14. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I would just have a five knuckle shuffle and go to sleep!

1. YU_First 1 profile image60
      YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I completely hear you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)