It's official...now I hate Bachmann too

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (70 posts)
  1. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 14 years ago

That's it. She broke the last straw. I'm laying down the gauntlet. Anyone as hateful as she is deserves only hate.
    She wants her side armed and dangerous. For what, may I ask? Who is she planning to shoot? Oh that's right...the gvt.... when they come to take away the farm that they gave her $250,000 for. Well, technically, they own some of it don't they? Or maybe it's the liberals....those nasty nasty anti-Americans. Or maybe it's the gays and their gay agenda. Whoever she wants those guns for...it can't hail good for me and my family, as we don't own any guns, and we like Obama. I wouldn't worry about it, except for the fact that this loon-bag has a huge audience and they have that mob mentality thing going. One guy did have a pitch-fork at one of those rallies....nothing to worry about right? Riiiight.
    Keep telling us there's nothing hateful or violent going on, it's just peaceful Americans excercising their rights.  News Flash: You don't have the right to threaten people because you lost an election! Or do you? Well then, we have the right to fight back. Take your violent-laden phony Christian self back to Minnesota and bake some bread. And stuff your gun in it!

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There you go again, speaking outright hatred.

What is WRONG with you???

And didn't you ever go to school?  English class should've taught you (if common sense didn't) that there are such things as "figures of speech".   
      I pulled up Bachmann's quote,  and she said "armed and dangerous ON THIS ISSUE",  meaning, obviously she wants people to be armed with awareness and ready to stand up for the cause.

And even IF she were to have meant literally armed with weapons,  (I said IF SHE HAD),  it would be a citizen's right to be ready to defend themselves against an agenda by leaders who do what they want to do instead of what good citizens ask (no, TELL) them to do.

Leaders are supposed to be servants of the people,  not the citizens be servants of the leaders. 

There ya go----an English lesson and a history lesson all rolled into one.   Basic stuff.

Do you still claim to not "get it",  or are you gonna quit saying you outright hate people and hope to get by with it?

2. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you put a sign on your lawn that says "Gun-Free Zone"

lovemychrisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You think that would stop the hate-filled, tea-party frenzied kooks?
        Get real McNeal.
        Give me a break Jake.
        When hell freezes over Rover.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Not that I care who you hate, but what is Bachmann? A new version of Batman?

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think this is the one lovemychris is referring to...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Bachmann

Never heard of her before.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sally smile

Oh, she looks as if she's gonna bite you right away - but then most American women look this way yikes

1. TheGlassSpider profile image63
          TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikes Some of us American women ONLY bite when we're invited, thank you. wink

1. Greek One profile image63
            Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mmmmmmmm Ammmmmmmmmmmmmerican women who bite!

2. JOE BARNETT profile image60
        JOE BARNETTposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha hilarious!

3. maven101 profile image71
    maven101posted 14 years ago

Threatening is one thing...actual assault is another...like the conservatives that were beaten to a pulp by violent progressives in New Orleans...Is that the kind of threat you are ranting about ..?

4. lovemychris profile image76

Yeah sometimes threats lead to assault, and this woman has a huge audience, so I'm a little On Guard.
    And if we are going to talk about New Orleans, we will have to bring up those police officers shooting people point blank in the head and we really don't want to go there do we?
    Bachmann is advocating people on "her side" be armed and dangerous....draw your own conclusions. Doesn't take rocket science to figure this one out.
    And people on the "other side" ought to be aware of her intentions.
    Along with Nugent, Beck, Hannity, and anyone else that makes a joke, or takes lightly the ownership of a lethal weapon....These people need to be watched very carefully.
    Man I wish I was Eric Holder!

1. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your right.  Sometimes threats do lead to assaults.  I am about ready to assault those dogs that keep threatening my lawn.  Do you suppose rocks or a garden hose would work better?

2. Arthur Fontes profile image74
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A motorized vehicle could be considered a lethal weapon?

Yes, and a gun definately is one.

3. Padrino profile image61
      Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Man I wish I was Eric Holder"

Eric Holder wishes he were Barack Obama!

5. lovemychris profile image76

Bush never served my interests...I disliked almost eveything he did.
    Did I have the right to call up arms against him?
    Yeah, I guess I did, but you know, back then we were arrested for just LOOKING sideways at Bush.
    You all have a LOT more freedom now, and YET you complain and whine constantly.

I'm telling you she put down the gauntlet....over many many many other gauntlets mind you. She wants to take up arms against the United States Government for.....what, didn't she get enough money from them? She wants more?

Um, excuse me, but the people did speak. We elected Obama. It is YOU and your crew who are going against the will of the people! Don't you get that yet?

For god's sakes, get out once in a while!
    We had an election.
    Obama won.
    END OF STORY.

And even YET....he has extended his hand in friendship many times and had it bitten off.
    What a sorry bunch of sore losers you are.

1. Misha profile image63

Care to give at least a single example?

Here are 2:

"The latest evidence of this shameless and brazen trampling of the First Amendment to the Constitution is found in a lawsuit filed yesterday by the ACLU against the White House and the Secret Service on behalf of two West Virginia Republicans, Jeff Rank, 29, and Nicole, 30, who were arrested on July 4 at a Charleston, West Virginia, rally for President Bush, because they refused to remove two home-made T-shirts sporting the circle-and-slash "no" symbol superimposed over the word "Bush."

And Cindy Sheehan, arrested at a Bush state of the union speech:

"My ticket was in the 5th gallery, front row, fourth seat in. The person who in a few minutes was to arrest me, helped me to my seat.

I had just sat down and I was warm from climbing 3 flights of stairs back up from the bathroom so I unzipped my jacket. I turned to the right to take my left arm out, when the same officer saw my shirt and yelled, "Protester." He then ran over to me, hauled me out of my seat, and roughly (with my hands behind my back) shoved me up the stairs. I said something like "I'm going, do you have to be so rough?" By the way, his name is Mike Weight.

The officer ran with me to the elevators, yelling at everyone to move out of the way. When we got to the elevators, he cuffed me and took me outside to await a squad car. On the way out, someone behind me said, "That's Cindy Sheehan." At which point the officer who arrested me said, "Take these steps slowly." I said, "You didn't care about being careful when you were dragging me up the other steps." He said, "That's because you were protesting." Wow, I got hauled out of the People's House because I was "Protesting."

I was never told that I couldn't wear that shirt into the Congress. I was never asked to take it off or zip my jacket back up. If I had been asked to do any of those things ... I would have, and written about the suppression of my freedom of speech later. I was immediately and roughly (I have the bruises and muscle spasms to prove it) hauled off and arrested for "unlawful conduct."

There you have it...arrested for protesting Bush. And now you can bring guns to see Obama...and you all cry about freedom and how yours is being taken away.
        It's maddening how SOON people forget.

1. Misha profile image63

Thank you smile

Now, would you bother to provide supporting links? No, blogs will not cut it, I would prefer something more or less official and conclusive. smile

6. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Poor Michele!  She'll come home and make tator tot hotdish, that is what we do here smile lol

Yeah, and the people who she bashed on stage will have to worry if some nut-job is going to come after them with a gun. Good going Michelle. Real American of you....not.
      What is this, the wild wild west?

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The funniest thing I have read on the forums is Brenda talking about others hating!

Have you read her comments in the religious forums? She hates everyone who has a different version of the sky fairy, homosexuals, the President, and tells people they are going to hell for not having the same beliefs as her! Hilarious! lol lol lol

1. profile image0

Why do you say I hate someone, anyone, earnest?
      I've never said I hate anyone,  nor have I ever indicated that I hate anyone.  Hating someone's actions is different from hating them as a person.

I'm pretty sure you're of at least average intelligence.  So why can't you fathom that concept?   Or are you just a liar, earnest?

I'm not finding your crappy accusations funny anymore, earnest.

Actually, I never did find 'em funny.
      Not yours, nor livelonger's, nor Uninvited Writer's, nor ....several people who've falsely accused me.  I'm pretty much through with tolerating it.

Hate comes through in your words and your attitude Brenda.
        It just does.

And it's not a sin! It's human!

1. profile image0

You're confusing firmness with hate, lovemychris.

And yes, IF I  or anyone were to WANT to hate anyone and even say it outright,  (like you have several times),  you have the right to say so.  Not a moral right necessarily, but a legal one.   ((Oh wait---maybe not, now that Obama's "hate crimes" legislation is in effect!  So...you're admittedly guilty of hatred harrassment against me!))  What I said to you was that I HOPE you'll stop saying you hate people.
          And IF I did hate anyone, I probably WOULD say so.   But I don't hate anyone, and am tired of being accused of it.   It's called personal harrassment, actually, the way you've been accusing me, and the way earnest does it.

Just because you and he and some others haven't got the common sense to understand a concept doesn't mean I have to keep taking harrassment without fighting back.

2. profile image0

Hate doesn't come through Brenda's words. She just has different opinions than you, ones that you don't like.

1. profile image0

Thank you Madame X for saying that.  It's not often around here that someone has the insight to understand my posts, nor the guts to offer me nice words!
            You are appreciated.

1. profile image0

Any time, Brenda smile

2. lovemychris profile image76

I see it as utter contempt and dismissal....
            Just look at what she says about Obama....Come on!

2. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What you call love is what the rest of the universe calls hatred. Just a bit of confusion over terminology, I guess. You say tomayto, the rest of the world says tomahto.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile I could go and get some of it and post it again I guess, but as it is Brenda seems ready to have everyone on hubpages except herself and maybe one other religionist she agrees with banned forever as it is! lol

1. profile image0

I'm not trying to get anyone banned.
            Not even livelonger.  I now rescind (unless he harrasses me again) my earlier vow to call for his dismissal as a HubPages staffer, even though he improperly wielded his power/position over me.

...I was banned for 3 days (along with Rainbow Pride it seems) for hijacking a thread that was (allegedly) originally about children's toys.   Rainbow Pride mentioned a sex toy and I questioned it and it went from there!   I have no idea if the thread was really intended as bait (as some "toy" and "animal" threads have been posted for bait around here time after time by a specific poster) or not, but I submitted to the banning, even though at first I considered the reasoning to be a scapegoat for livelonger's (and the staff in general perhaps) dislike for me.

This should be appropriate for this thread because this thread is about "hate", which the original poster so loudly claims to have for people.   I don't think anyone should hate anyone, but indeed if a person wants to, who can stop them from carrying hatred in their heart?   So this thread still stands, a typical liberal testament of lovemychris's hatred for Michelle Bachmann and for me and other conservatives apparently.

P.S.
            earnest,  I'm not trying to get you banned.  Since you're here so much, I figure this might be the only place you currently take the opportunity to hear the Truth, even though it only comes from a few people like me.

Jesus Loves you, man.  Take it or leave it.

Don't put words in my mouth Brenda...I specifically put my hate on the neo-cons in government, not all conservatives. Sab oh already tried that smear and it doesn't work.

2. earnestshub profile image80

I'll leave it thanks! smile

3. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i could be wrong, but referring to homosexuals as "perverts" is considered hate speech in this day and age. roll

1. profile image0
          Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't call that "hate" speech, it's more of an opinion.

1. profile image0

Definitions of Hate speech on the Web:

Hate speech is speech perceived to disparage a person or group of people based on their social or ethnic group, such as race, gender, age ...
            en(dot)wikipedia(dot)org/wiki/Hate_speech

A term for speech intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against someone based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. The term covers written as well as oral communication.
            www(dot)usaeducationguides(dot)com/guidance/articles/080707-glossary-academic-terms(dot)jsp

type of speech which is used to deliberately offend an individual; or racial, ethnic, religious or other group. ...
            www(dot)historycentral(dot)com/civics/H(dot)html

et cetera...

my point was Brenda says a lot of hate-filled things then gets defensive when people 'accuse' her of hating people.

1. Padrino profile image61

"Definitions of Hate speech on the Web:"

Who came up with the definitions and why should anyone care?

1. earnestshub profile image80

Why would anyone care? OK that says it all.

That's what I said, why should anyone care about arbitrary definitions some unknown person came up with?

My definition of hate speech is probably different than yours, do you care what my definition is?

2. profile image0

My God! Under that definition calling someone ugly could be hate speech! When did we get so sensitive?

We didn't! The libs did!

2. profile image0

really? you think it's ok to call a gay person "pervert"? so if you see a gay person on the street you would call him a pervert and consider him obverly sensitive if he got offended? yikes

oh boy.

whatever...

roll

Roll your eyes all you want, still sounds better than Deviant!

2. profile image0

Well I wouldn't do that, but I'd defend your right to do so, and I wouldn't feel sorry for you if you suffered the consequences from your action either.

2. Padrino profile image61

In some State laws the term for engaging in homosexual conduct is called "Deviant sexual behavior". Pervert actually sounds a little better to me.

8. lovemychris profile image76

Of course: google

Arrested for wearing 'No Bush' T-Shirt - Tech Support Forums ...

t r u t h o u t | Cindy Sheehan | What Really Happened

just google Cindy Sheehan arrested for wearing t-shirt, and it all follows.

1. Misha profile image63

Cool, googled and read a few. Now I am at a loss - where exactly it says about "LOOKING sideways at Bush"? Could you help please?

It's a figure of speech.
        I'll be more specific. People faced arrest if they protested Bush. They were called traitors.
        There was no freedom of speech or expression like there is now.

1. profile image0

That just isn't true. There were plenty of protests of Bush where people weren't arrested. Why do you always generalize and extrapolate to the ridiculous?

They were called "traitors"? Who were called traitors, by whom?

If protesters were called traitors, so what? The protesters had a right to voice their opinion and those that disagreed had a right to theirs as well, no?

You really shouldn't be so sensitive. If you're on the right side, it doesn't matter what others call you.

2 men arrested for wearing anti-Bush t-shirts.
            Cindy Sheehan, whose son DIED in war, arrested for wearing an anti-war t-shirt.
            Flash forward to today: people bring guns to Obama speeches. Call for armed insurrection.
            No one is arrested.
            More freedom now under Obama, yet you say he is taking your freedom away.
            Dis-Connect! Dis-Connect!
            Smear and propaganda!!!

Arrested for wearing Tshirts? Prove it!

2. Padrino profile image61

If they committed a crime they faced arrest otherwise their freedom of speech was protected as ours is now!

Get over it!

9. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

One of the funniest threads I have read in a long time.

1. profile image0

Ridiculous thread, yes.

I wish I could assume that all grown-ups actually had a good grasp on the simplest of concepts, but looks like many of 'em do not.....

10. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

The right to bear arms is in the constitution, so I don't understand why you're so upset by that. Unless you think that it should be interpreted today to mean short sleeve Tee shirts with a no Bush symbol.

Really it's good you don't own a gun, you're way too angry to be armed.

1. profile image0

Owning a gun means taking responsibility for what happens with it. Many people aren't willing to do that. So instead they dump on those who are.

1. profile image0

As far as I can tell, it's only the left that doesn't believe in personal responsibility.

1. profile image0

Yes, well, I was trying to say that obliquely.

2. lovemychris profile image76

Good, then if someone is hurt by one of your anti-Obama kooks, you will take responsability for all the hatespeech that egged them on....ala Bill O'Really? :Tiller the Baby Killer...Tiller the Baby Killer.
          Ex wife said he watched Fox.
          Admired Operation Rescue...homegrown terror organization.
          You do the math!

Arrested for wearing Tshirts, still waiting for that proof.

See my post of 19 hours ago.

Prove it or quit saying it.

11. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

How come...(I tell ya' I don't know where to start...and no one ever wins these debates)...is it that...and plus however stupid it was to get arrested for a T-shirt...that is somehow equal to this: "Yeah, I guess I did, but you know, back then we were arrested for just LOOKING sideways at Bush.
    You all have a LOT more freedom now, and YET you complain and whine constantly."

and how come folks are so trusting of any leaders...repeat any leaders that they would not want to at least consider "that the right to bear arms"...helps keeeps things on an even playing field...or it least it helps. Japan did not want to do a even a small scale land invasion on the West Coast during World War II...because they were afraid that every one was armed.

There's a small tidbit example for reasons to bear arms!

12. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I have been doing a little reading one this woman, who has a few disturbing views, but I ave seen worse to be honest.

As to the armed and dangerous quote - the fact that she followed it by how Thomas Jefferson once mentioned "having a revolution every now and then is a good thing." kind of puts to rest her publicists claims that she was speaking metaphorically.

It is also interesting that for a woman who supports Christian values so much, she is choosing to quote from one of the most anti-religious American figures.

1. profile image0

Have you heard of the "Jeffersonian Bible"?

2. profile image0

Jefferson was NOT anti-religion!

13. lovemychris profile image76

Yeah, but Palin and Bachmann have rabies! **not hate, just opinion**

So 7 hours have gone by and you still haven't provided any proof that anyone in America was arrested for wearing anti Bush Tshirts.

You still want to be taken seriously, don't you?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)