Have we run someone else off??

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (112 posts)
  1. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Not trying to start any crazy drama or anything, but I just happened to notice that sneakorocksolid, who was here 12 hours ago is now no longer with us...

What's up? Is he okay? Does anyone know?

I mean, I know some might not have agreed with his view points and such, but still...I can't help but wonder if nasty treatment ran him off...and if we can't do better than that.

*sigh* Ah well.

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he has a life outside Hubpages , many of us do.

TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're kidding?! *dripping with sarcasm* wink

Having a life off of the Internet doesn't usually cause people who also have something of a life here to suddenly remove their hubs and erase their profile permanently...at least in my experience here so far.

1. profile image0
          LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wasn't there someone who left a while ago for just that reason?

There are exceptions to everything, hence the reason I used "usually."

The interesting thing is that sneako posted in the forums a mere 12 hours ago.

The person I think you're speaking of also announced their departure far ahead of time.

2. Harvey Stelman profile image60
        Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tony,

I've heard there is life on Uranus!

2. profile image0
    LegendaryHeroposted 14 years ago

Either that or he was banned from the forums and decided to just leave.

I noticed that Stormy also left for some reason.

Yeah, I noticed that as well...she was a cool Hubber. sad

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Wow.  That's disappointing and very strange.
    Sneako had some common sense and a lotta wit actually.

Yeah, I found it a little unsettling actually. I thought he was pretty funny too.

4. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I was gone for a little and it seems many are not around anymore! I really hate to see all these people leave.

1. profile image0

It is disappointing.

C'est la vie.

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Noooo, not Sneako yikes

This place will be different without him sad

1. Ohma profile image59
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad to see you around again Misha

2. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Misha. Can't believe he is gone. Like where is everyone anyway. Heaps people missing, especially the fun ones.

Thank goodness you and Misha are still here!!! *hangs on to the both of you for dear life*

1. blondepoet profile image66

Aww and you my little spider friend. xoxo

Yay, hublove! XO XO

2. donotfear profile image83
            donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BP....I love ya too man...i mean woman uh....! Gosh darnit!

Oh donotfear you know I love you too. Right??
              You are the bees knees, and the flowers and the trees.

I'm here Spidey, I'm here!! I'm not leaving!

2. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At least you are still here smile

Wait, why do you hold that bloody chainsaw? And where is Sneako? wink

yikes Chainsaw!?

Misha darling I have missed you heaps. Have had to eat breakfast alone for so long. smile smile
          I have had to answer all our fan mail from that movie we made together with the zombies all alone. Sniff smile

1. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Missed you too darling - but I really was swamped over my head. Getting better now, so hopefully I can spend more time with you. Just put this chainsaw away, please, would you? wink

But to be fair all credits for that movie go to you - I was too wasted during the cast tongue

1. Candie V profile image63
              Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm still here.. sorta..

Haha Misha what chain-saw are you talking about? Where? How? When? Why?
              For those of you who never knew Misha and I were movie stars here is a snippet from our block-buster movie up for an academy award....
              http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/K9Xo7CAbicGWwae7

6. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

i myself have not been here for about a week. not that anyone has noticed. if you are truly looking for an answer on this subject i may be able to shed some light. too many times i've opened forum topics just to watch them get hijacked and i fade into the background like a wall flower. also when i do try to post a topic usually atleast one person treats me like i'm stupid. for instance check the topic i started a little while ago. i decided to give the forums one more chance but after further bad treatment i will probably stop coming after tonight. i hope this is the response you were interested in. please don't start being offish to me because of my honesty here.

1. profile image0

Are you talking about the video game one? Origin wasn't treating you as if you were stupid, he was just pointing out that you can put the person on ignore.

1. profile image0
        Lecieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i had already mentioned that before he came in.

1. profile image0

He probably just didn't read through all the posts before posting.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image65

Yeah...I'm sorry that's been your experience here; hopefully things will work out better for you on that front.

When I said that he was no longer with us I meant he removed his Hubs and shut down his profile.

3. susanlang profile image60
      susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lecie, well said! Honesty is the best policy! smile

4. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well if you keep underusing capital letters, I, for one, will institute a personal strike against you - until you start capitalizing the first word, you will be blackballed!  I could do it, too!  === actually, not, I couldn't - people ignore me about 80% of the time and the other 20% they make thinly veiled references to how stupid I am . . . or they are trolls leading me merrily into dark alleys while everyone else laughs - no you must not take ANYTHING personally - and just keep saying whatever you want - within the rules!   the trick is to make people think you don't care whether they like you and then they will FAWN over you!  really!  course, it hasn't worked for me - but - its a theory!  smile  and whatever yu do - use these little smiley guys - alot! smile yikes: lol  hmm

1. susanlang profile image60

Like this----> lol lol lol wink smile lol smile smile  (laughing) your a real trip mega1,
        I just love it!

5. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well we do appreciate your honestly lecie, but i wouldn't take it too personal if most people in forums ignore you. hell, i get ignored almost ALL THE TIME whenever i don't have my sniper kitty avatar. whenever i put another avatar outside of the stupid cat, people never want to talk to me.  plus, even when i do have that avatar up, it still doesn't mean people take me seriously.  in fact, that's the only reason i always open sex related forums as that's the only way many hubbers will even want to talk to me.  sad, but it's true.  however, i never let it get to me.  as mega1 just said, the  key here is to  just act like you don't give a rat's a**.  plus, if someone just blantly ignores you in forums, then just don't even talk to them at all.  that's what i started doing, as i already plan on never talking to ANYONE who plainly ignores me, several times.  as the way i see it, if your too good to talk to me, then im too good to talk to you. 

however, you shouldn't let a few bad hubbers ruin your experience in forums.  besides, most people  just post in forums just for fun and/or they just want to self promote themselves to draw in more followers.  you should think the same way.  after all, i only take very few people here seriously, as the rest i  could care less.  sorry, if that sounds bad, but it's the truth.  as many hubbers are prone to changing their minds on people at the slightest thought or accusation.  i tell you from experience lecie, i tells ya.  lol. 

seriously, just post on forums for fun like i do.  you'll see it's not as bad as you think.

I don't ignore you Steven. smile smile
        I like to have fun in the forums. Hell life is just so serious, we all need to let down our hair just like Rapunzel.

1. profile image0

i know you don't.  that's why your definitely one of my favorite people to talk to around here.  wink  however, i was just trying to cheer up lacie.  besides, having fun in forums is a good stress reliever whenever you have to deal with real life issues and whenever you get writer's block like I often do.  lol

2. mega1 profile image80

oh good!  Steven's still here!  lol

1. profile image0

is that a good thing?  or a bad thing?  hmm lollollol

1. mega1 profile image80

I said, "OH GOOD!"  I think its a good thing, I really do!  Hi Stevereeno~!

1. profile image0

yeah, that's true.  sorry, a bit slow today.  lol.  hows it going mega?

1. mega1 profile image80

feelin good - I just started some new fiction!  how are you?

1. profile image0

just great thanks.  still looking for work and studying for finals later this month.  lol.  other than that, im good.  oh by the way, i just saw that new kick ass movie last weekend.  that movie rocked!  have you seen it? 

eta:  really?  whats it called mega so i can check it out.

3. profile image0
        Lecieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well if a new avatar is all that is needed, to get people to talk to me, why didn't anyone just ask me to change it?
        if i haven't done something or if i've said something just tell me. i love to talk to people. thanks for the advice steven.
        hope this avatar is good enough for all of you hubbers. please don't take offense that the badger is sticking out his tongue. i love badgers and this was the only pic. i could find on the net.

1. profile image0

wow, love the new avatar lecie.

7. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

i too had come here tonight fully intending to shut down my hubs. suddenly i got another follower just as i was about to. i thought i might stick around alittle longer since more people like me outside the forums than in. so this is my last night in the forums as i'll only be continuing my hubs for those ho enjoy what i have to say. i wish all of you the best of luck here in the forums but with my disabilities i'm afraid it's just not for me. if you comment on my hubs i promise that i will continue to respond to them as i have been. again i wish all of you the best of luck here, may you lose no one else and live in your happy community. smile

1. Rafini profile image83
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(have you considered popping into the fun forums only? - it's what I used to do, and am thinking of returning to doing)

I'm glad your staying with HubPages.  All you need to do is make it work for you. smile

I'm having trouble finding the fun forums. sad

(psst) check the sandpit big_smile  if you go, the rest will follow  big_smile

Not that we're stalking you or anything, no.  No.  no, we'd just want to come and play too!  big_smile

Do I have time to put some lipstick on first. smile
            A gal has to look good. smile smile

Oh BP...you always look good!

Oh GS you sure know how to make me feel good. What a gem you are. smile

2. Rafini profile image83

Sure.  whatever floats your boat.  We're not in a rush...just looking for fun...

(omg!  I almost said - just looking for a good time!!  lol)

1. susanlang profile image60

lol

8. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

So...is this why the forums have been so quiet lately?  They used to be so active....
    I heard some people have been banned, could that be why Stormy and Sneako are gone?  Were they banned?  I usually don't get involved in the drama, it's safer that way hmm plus, I have plenty in my own life to deal with lol

I don't know what's happened really. That's what I'm wondering about. One moment here and the next moment gone. I normally just enjoy the people in the forums as they come...but here lately people just seem to be dropping out like flies.

I can see staying out of the forums if they just got to be too much of a waste, or if they were really bugging me...but, personally, it would take something super serious for me to completely remove my hubs (lots of hard work, links, and money-making potential) and destroy my profile (my ability to use an already-established account in the future).

I suppose others don't necessarily see it that way.

Is he on facebook or somewhere you can contact him?  He must have a reason for leaving...think positive!  He had to have had a good reason for leaving. smile

I don't know if he's on FB or not! I suppose I took it for granted that he was here on HP...and never followed up on another channel through which to contact him. sad

*thinks positive...sneako is okay*

2. alternate poet profile image66
      alternate poetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is quiet because the interesting voices have been banned and so no longer put up the fun stuff that gave us a giggle. theirishobserver got a ban and now puts up slightly interesting mundane stuff and has given up leg-pulling, even earnestshubs ascerbic wit has backed off to bland comments, still interesting sometimes but without the occasional sharp edge that made them fun.  The trend seems to be to attack or troll thinking people on here, maybe just to bring these forums and hubpages generally down to the level of the gameplayer morons who are responsible.

I consider that I put up at least reasoned argument, I consider that my poetry hubs are good enough quality. I am currently a target and I can easily see why people would just quit and go.

1. mega1 profile image80

so, basically, you're saying we're not very interesting?

hmmmph.

1. alternate poet profile image66

well - I guess so.  Not that you are not entertaining which is good enough for forums ?  smile

"I am currently a target"

*grumbles* Well, I don't like the sound of that one bit. I am sorry to hear that. sad

9. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

That is strange for Sneako to up and leave like that.  He and I argued sometimes but it never seemed to upset him and he always kept his sense of humor intact.  Sad to see him go at any rate!

Yeah, I thought it was strange too. My first thought was that I hope he's okay. Maybe he's lurking in some other form and seeing this. sad

2. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's all Randy Godwin's fault!

Man, I'll miss Sneako. He was funny, and he argued but never got nasty about it.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's right, blame the snake!  The snake did this and the snake did that!  "The reason I'm pregnant is because of the snake" is always a good one, or "the reason I ate the apple was because the snake said it was okay."  Dang it, give me a break!

*breaks Randy off a piece of that KitKat bar* wink

2. habee profile image92

Serpents deserveth no breaketh. So it is spoken...spokenth.

*breaks Habee off the other piece of the KitKat*

C'mon now, ya'll. Share this and be at peace. wink

1. habee profile image92

Spidie, Randy and I have been arguing for some 35 years - it's gonna take a lot of Kitkats!!

LOL...Sounds like love to me! wink

*searches for a truckload of KitKats*

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Hey!  That's not a Kit Kat, it's Ex Lax!  Holle can have my share!

What!? yikes I would never do such a thing. My KitKats have  been sabotaged!

Oh Treason!

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Sorry to see anyone leave, but this is a big community and things are bound to change. Good luck to Sneak I hope he is OK. smile

11. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I'm sure the Mormon priest would know about Sneako.  I do not converse with him anymore so someone else can ask him if they so choose.

By "the Mormon priest" do you, perchance, mean Goldenpath?

Deed I do!

*smiles* Thanks...Have I told you lately that I like your snake? wink

I get that all of the time!  (blush)

All right! I made Randy blush...worth being cliche, definitely. I'll have to make sure to do that again sometime. wink

12. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Personally. I can't conceive why anyone would make a bunch of money making hubs and then tear them all down. I mean, really. Would you earn a thousand check and toss it into the wind because it would take a few years for it to be cashable?

I liked Sneako a lot, as well as many hubbers who are of the dearly departed, but I just don't get how dropping out in the forums equates to having to delete all of your hubs. To me, it sounds like a *I'm going to punish somebody* skit, but the people that are punishing are themselves.

Hell, if community means that much to people I have a barren forum people could romp and play on to their heart's content, but I thought we were here to share our writings ... and to make our money from them.

Perhaps I misunderstand the humanistic need to belong to a forum ... smile

I'm with you, yoshi (it's nice to "see" you here, by the way, we've not gotten much chance to interact in the forum, though I thoroughly enjoy your posts)...where is this barren forum of yours? *likes to romp and play*

1. yoshi97 profile image57
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was only goofing around, but there's a link to my forums in my profile if you're interested. It only shows 3 forums unless you create a login. Just don't expect to find anything there yet. Like I said ... ghost town ... smile  But you -and anyone else- are welcome to pop in and post if ya'd like.

I'm going to try to pop in here more often now that my website seems to be on stable legs. I just had to focus on that site before returning here so I wouldn't have my attention overly divided. smile

I'm there! smile

13. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Greetings!
    Hope all is well on your various dwelling places of the globe. smile

Hi there, GP smile Hope you are well, too. smile

I don't suppose you've any word of sneako? We're hoping he's okay.

Now THIS is a positive bit of posting!

3. alternate poet profile image66

hello goldenpath - I see the bald shortie did  not stick then?!  do you have any idea why sneako dissapeared ?

1. goldenpath profile image67
        goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I weep!  Baldy Shorty was kind of growing on me.  Reminded me of Desert Storm.

I cannot discuss sneako, yet be rest assured he lives, breathes and shall rise to see another sunny day. smile

1. habee profile image92

Please tell Sneako I'll miss him!

1. Ohma profile image59
            Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too!

I see...well, how very "Secret Agent Man." At any rate, if you are able, please send him my salutations and wishes for success. Please let him know that some of us are sorry to see him go.

Maybe sneako got caught by the Mormon patrol and got told to quit ?

yikes There's a Mormon patrol!?

If so, they got the wrong one!  Sneako was the most likable of the Mormon representatives on HP.

Maybe that's why they got him???! *whispers silly rumors*

Hmmm...may be.  Perhaps he wasn't infuriating enough!

4. susanlang profile image60

Good here goldenpath, thanks!

14. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Hey!

I'm a game playing moron.

You are clearly not a moron - and I am sure you can give up the games if you try big_smile

1. thisisoli profile image69
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You obviously haven't seen what I look like with glasses tongue

15. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Me too.
    He wasn't afraid to speak the truth about several issues.
    I hope that's not what got him banned (if he's banned).

16. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

It might have been I. Oh well. Too bad. Not my problem. I won't miss his constant derogatory remarks about nonbelievers. He could be nice sometimes. Funny? If you say so. But he was holding a grudge against me.

If you make direct personal attacks on people, you know you run the risk of being banned. It's no reason to storm off in a huff.

I'm sorry he felt the need to take his toys and leave. People ought to take responsibility for their own actions.

Didn't know he had a grudge against you, but you are right about being able to take as well as give on these forums. I suppose this is why I find humor in some folks who dish it out but can't take it in return.

I hear you...I didn't realize what had been going on over in the "afraid of religious forums thread," but honestly it seemed relatively tame over there to me. *shrugs* Like I said, I miss all the good drama. It seems that all the "good" stuff happens behind the scenes in email...I never get intriguing email from you guys. What's up with that wink

I've never been sent a bad or threatening email either which is really strange.  But it may be because I use a snake as my avatar, so when they call me "snakeboy" or "serpent" I do not consider it derogatory. I just think it's funny because they seem to hate the snake personae!

LOL...I tell you what, I'll send you dramatic email if you send me some. Then we can have behind the scenes drama...LOL. I need to find myself a little spider icon like your snake....and then learn to use it...LOL Maybe that's why I don't get any of those emails...maybe it's the "spider" thing. Although, I've never been called a derogatory spider name.

Jim Stafford's classic song "I Don't Like Spiders And Snakes" might be the answer we seek!

17. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 14 years ago

lol..I just love it. lol

18. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 14 years ago

The jibjab movie BP posted was errr........ It made me chuckle. While being quite odd at the same time. BP and Misha, I had no idea you both were so talented in the zombiemovie biz.

Thx for posting that bp. Funny!

Aww thank-you so much. I was just so darn mad Misha got be blown up in the end. My hair was simply a mess, my clothes in tatters. Oh bless my cotton picking socks. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)