Jesus did not die on Cross; from Bible

Jump to Last Post 51-87 of 87 discussions (441 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

After the event of Crucifixion when Jesus' injuries got somewhat healed with the treatment given by Nicodemus, Jesus spent a the night at the village named Emmaus with the disciples. He had not died

2. profile image49
    Numb1stunnaposted 13 years ago

This posting is extremely biased, as it was written by a muslim. The worse part is that this person has the nerve to use the Holy Bible, God's inspired word, to deny the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ. The bible states in 1 John 4:8 "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.". How do muslims believe in "Allah", if their book promotes  "torture, death, and hate"? This is very hypocritical.

I am a Christian saved by the grace of God, through Jesus Christ

3. profile image49

Jesus Christ is the BIGGEST proof of God's love towards humanity! Jesus Christ's sacrifice in the cross was because of His love towards us, so that we may have hope and eternal life. Jesus had no need to humble Himself into human form, when He was the King, the Son of God, the ruler of the universe. But He did anyways, just because He loved us. God's kingdom is based on loving us, and for all of us to love one another. The bible says: "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13

Moreover, Jesus also said: "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." - John 15:18
    "26When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. 27And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning." - John 15:26-27
    "For no other foundation can any one lay than that which is laid down, which is Jesus Christ." - 1 Corinthians 3:11.

I personally KNOW that Jesus died in the cross for me because I always FEEL Him living inside of my heart. There is NO greater feeling of joy in the world than the comfort and assurance of the Holy Spirit that testifies about Jesus' sacrifice and existence. I do NOT have to see Him personally, but I can FEEL Him. Just like I feel, but can't see the air that I breathe, I feel Jesus living in me and it makes me feel complete and fulfilled because this surpasses everything. To anyone who lacks that joy, happiness, love, and assurance, I will like to make an invitation to meet Jesus Christ, the Savior, the Son of God, and the One that has full control on determining our eternal life. Jesus is the Way, The Truth, and The Life..no one comes to the Father, but through Him (John 14:6). To me, that is the biggest proof of His existence and death in the cross, I don't need anything or anyone to tell me that He exists or saved me, because I experienced this grace myself.

4. profile image49

"For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" - 1 Timothy 2:5

"And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." - Matthew 3:17

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." - 1 Corinthian 1:18

5. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 13 years ago

NEWS FLASH...........NEWS FLASH...............YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST..............
    paar no longer a Muslim...................
    paar admit's he knew Jesus would 'resurreect'................
    paar knows to resurrect you must die first................
    paar now knows Jesus did die on cross and was 'resurrected'....
    Paar can NO LONGER CLAIM TO BE MUSLIM.........
    paar my friend after your relevations which God do you follow now that Allah will not have you??

1. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that is a NEWS FLASH.

It's about time.

6. Joy56 profile image69
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

we do not seem to be getting anywhere on this thread.  I thought it was going to tell us Jesus was actually put to death on a torture stake, a straight tree, rather than a cross.  That is my belief

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whtether it was a stake or a straight tree; that is not the focal point; they wanted to prove Jesus a falsle prophet in terms of Deutrenomy by killing him; they could not kill Jesus on the it and against all odds Jesus escaped and saved his life; the Creator-God Allah YHWH helped him out.

1. skipper112 profile image60
        skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

POST CLOSED AS PAAR TO SCARED TO ANSWER QUESTIONS

1. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that you are able to close a post just because you cannot win an argument, if this were the case then all the religious threads would be closed.

2. libby101a profile image61
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paar... What is the point to your rantings? You cannot force anyone to believe your nonsense!

Go spread your false teachings elsewhere!

Peace!!!

2. Bruce_Leiter profile image57
      Bruce_Leiterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't matter what the shape of the torture instrument was.  More than likely, it was a cross piece of rough wood mounted on a pole, but that's not the point.  The meaning of Jesus' unselfish act of allowing the Roman soldiers nail him there is his self-sacrificial love for all who would trust in his perfect life, self-denying death, and real resurrection is the point.  God the first Person sent the second Person, Jesus, to live as the God-man; die taking on believers' guilt, and providing new life for believers through his resurrection.  They both send the third Person, the Holy Spirit, into believers' lives to give them the miracle of the new birth.  Without Jesus' death, we are all guilty before the Judge (Creator) of humanity.

7. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

The issue of Paul is actually quite central to the whole idea of the 'lineage' of the bible.  There is clear evidence that Paul never met Jesus - if he existed - but there is supported evidence that he mat some of the disciples and fell out with Peter (The ROCK that it is claimed Jesus would build his church on) during political manoevring - he then went off to re-write the stories as he saw fit.  One can only imagine in a way contrary to what Peter and the disciples who we are to believe were charged with the job and who would have been witnesses to the stories if they had happened.

china I know I cannot close a post, it was directed at paar as he will never answer anybodys questions, I am only trying to see if paar will answer anything
      God bless

8. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

lol

Yeah, I understand that Peter's ‘real’ version of events was vastly different from Paul's...Peter had Jesus come down from the cross, stretch a bit, and then go out to for a diet coke and a slice of veggie pizza.  Afterwards he opened up a small sandal repair shop in east Jerusalem (Sandal’s R Us).

The attempts to use mutilate and alter Christian beliefs by other religious movements, while at the same time accept the ‘holy’ nature of Jesus, is laughable.  Looking for ‘proof’ to justify such beliefs in unsubstantiated ‘historical evidence’, or claiming that Paul single-handedly created and spread misinterpreted events, is ridiculous. 

Far more credible in my opinion would be arguments of atheists that deny Jesus outright...  rather than trying to put a square peg in a round circle. There are those however who are self-serving and who seek to further their own religious beliefs by twisting the story of Jesus to support their own faiths.

Void of original ideas and the true beauty and meaning of the New Testament’s message, their hodgepodge of arguments and notions are nothing but a tapestry of meaningless, unsubstantiated theories.  They are the religious equivalent of ideas like the aliens building of pyramids... unconvincing and pathetic when you consider the faith placed behind sich notions

But as long as everyone lets everyone else worship (or not worship) in peace... to each his own.

mate, thanks for a great laugh. 'Sandal's R Us" nicele written thank you ;
      Have a Great Day
      God Bless

P.S. your last sentence said it all. ( well done)

9. profile image51

Jesus did not die on Cross

Parr, 

I know you and Islam want the world to know you 'Saved' Jesus.
      I t never happened Jesus died on the CROSS PERIOD'
      Jesus never had anything to do with Allah or Mohammed, that is just pure lies.

Some writer put Jesus in the Quran and told Mohammed that is what Mohammed said.So Mohammed belived the writer because Mohammes could not read.

Over 500 years are inbetween Mohammed and Jesus, so clever writers tricked Mohammed, it was so easy Mohammed could not read.

Skipper,
      may your God go with you

1. profile image0
        luabuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the real question is

is it possible that jesus could have survived a public crucifixion

the answer i think is yes

look at the physical evidence

his torture was unusual
        he spent the whole night being interrogated
        he was whipped as option A
        he got help to carry the cross /a helper appears
        he was lucid on the cross and on the way to calvary
        he did not have his legs broken as was usual
        a request succeeded in the removal of the body
        this early removal suited all parties;romans /followers/Scribes
        a tomb is suddenly offered
        what happens next/

i think as a crime scene it is very interesting

1. profile image51

And hence Jesus did not die on the Cross.

Thanks

1. profile image0

maybe he did maybe he didn't  who knows?

1. profile image51

That is the reason why we are discussing it. Jesus did not die on the Cross; he survived death on the Cross.

1. profile image0

Jesus did not die on the Cross

That's just a cop out statement
                Is that as much as you have
                Maybe he did ,Maybe he didn't is inconclusive to either side
                The bulk of the evidence points to the fact that he probably was dead when taken from the cross
                It's no easy thing to survive a public execution.
                If you cannot even think about the parameters of your own statement then maybe you should start a hub selling google adds.

10. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 13 years ago

Parr,

You forgot to tell the rest of your crazy story. " Jesus did not die on the Cross, he was rescued and went to India were Jesus died at 124 years."

You have been saying this since I have been Hubbing, it was a PURE LIE then and still is a PURE LIE.

You belong to a Muslim sect, MAINSTREAM ISLAM states your sect is WRONG, every person with REASON knows you are WRONG.

You continue to tell your LIES, NO ONE will ever belive you.

Let you prove WITH REASON your LIE, prove Jesus did NOT DIE on the CROSS, I have some BAD NEWS for you Paar, no one came down ALIVE. PERIOD

Just a thought Parr you have 'lost' on Jesus dieing on the Cross, what 'tall story' will you come up with next.

On your next post Parr try to make it a bit more BELIVABLE, if you can, because no body belives your last statement with ary reason.

So please Paar get over it, Jesus did die on the cross to save all mankind, yes Parr even you.

Skipper,
    may your God walk with you

11. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Guys, whatever you say is not going to change Paar's mind.  I happen to think that Mohammed is not a prophet and no one's going to change my mind about that either.  Just let him talk.

Flightkeeper,

Yes I know nothing will change Parrs mind, but Parr sure is fun to try and chat with him. I happen to agree with you.

Skipper,
      may your God walk with you

12. profile image52
    Daewalkerposted 13 years ago

Why do people still argue and fight over the Bible and its'
    teachings this is silly because God himself by His divine
    power will enforce His way and his will whether silly
    mankind agrees or disagrees so what is the point! The time
    we live in is just like the times of Noah before the floods
    came and wiped humanity off of the fave of the earth. People
    had been warn about 120 yrs yet none headed the warning and so
    it is today! Look God is not a salesman pleading with mankind
    to believe in Him and accept Him No God is Almighty Sovereign
    Ruler over all that by His divine power will enforce His ways
    upon all after the allotted time for mankind is done! Let
    individuals make up their own mind and reap the consequences
    whether good or bad of that decision!

1. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The point is that we only see followers enforcing their gods wills on mankind, we don't actually see any gods doing it. smile

1. Y. Kajitaka profile image61
        Y. Kajitakaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rather than enforcing it, we live it- and the ones that are right with God with not force you to do the same, but show you why they do.  ^^  You can't be forced to follow God- all the good ones know that.

2. profile image0
      bolt1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No he didn't really die on the cross he went on to have 75 virgins and lived happily ever after.

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

His dad had a thing for virgins too!  lol

2. profile image51

Where did you get the figure of 75 virgins? It is neither mentioned in any book of science nor in the OT, NT or Quran.

3. profile image51

I agree with you. The Promised Messiah 1835-1908 wrote a book and mentioned the true teachings of the truthful religion and named it "Arch of Noah"; just that humanity is saved; one may read it if one is open minded and is sure of oneself; no compulsion however. One may read it out of one's own free will; the book is available on line free of cost.

13. Harlan Colt profile image78
    Harlan Coltposted 13 years ago

Having read much of this thread, I feel it best to dust off one's sandals and move along.
    - Harlan

14. SandyMcCollum profile image64
    SandyMcCollumposted 13 years ago

Well, what an interesting read!

Paars - Thank you for providing so much information and opinion, and mostly for never getting angry at the things being said against you and your religion. You've kept a cool head and spoke with kindness.

As for everyone else - also thanks for the good read! You can always count on HP's crew to react and share. I'm not taking anyone's side here, although I do have my own opinions; I just prefer not to argue about them online. There's no hard proof and I suppose it'll be a mystery (or an argument) until I die and find out for myself.

1. profile image51

Thanks for the appreciation.

I think you don't need to die to form your opinion. You can form your opinion by reading the available material.

15. profile image51

Why should have Jesus died on the Cross? Wasn't he a righteous person?

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now your getting warm.

That's exactly why He died, BECAUSE He was righteous.
      Read the Bible. It says that very clearly. If you are interested, I can give you the scripture reference!

1. profile image51

Bible says he was saved and his prayers heard because of him being a righteous person.

Where does it say that?

1. pisean282311 profile image64
            pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well it does...that bible is called quran...

lol lol lol lol

RIGHT... lol

Please answer WHERE it says that !

2. Y. Kajitaka profile image61

It's true that Christ prayed in the Garden, but he was still crucified- his sacrifice of the only pure life was what allowed him to take on all sin- past, present and future- and redeem us.  Because he died, he purchased us back from condemnation, and when he rose again on the third day, he brought back with him the keys to death and hell.  Because he died, he was able to save us- because he was holy, death could only hold him three days' time.  Isn't it amazing?  ^^

1. profile image51

I don't agree with you.

What you say never happened.

So you say.  The Bible says differently.  There is a reason Christianity permeated the Middle East and Europe at the start of the ADs, and that was before it was ever an official religion.  There was a reason his disciples were ready to be crucified, to be boiled in oil, to be lit on fire as human candles in a king's garden- and it all began with Jesus.

1. profile image51

I think it is incorrect to say that about disciples who wrote the gospels that they were ready to be crucified. In fact they all ran away from the scene of the Cross leaving their master alone to suffer on the Cross; they deserted Jesus; they cannot be considered to be believers in Jesus.

But it was after Jesus rose again that their faith was solidified, and in the end, I believe John was about the only one to die a natural death- AFTER being boiled in oil and exiled to Patmos for years.

Stephen: Stoned
                  James, Son of Zebedee: Beheaded
                  Philip: Scourged, imprisoned, crucified at Hierapolis in Phrygia
                  Matthias: Stoned at Jerusalem, and beheaded
                  Mark: Dragged to pieces in Alexandria
                  Peter: Crucified- by request upside down, as he did not considere himself worthy to be crucified in the same position as his Lord
                  Paul: Beheaded AD 66
                  Jude: Crucified at Edessa
                  Bartholomew: Beaten and crucified
                  Thomas: Tortured, run through with spears and thrown into an oven in Calamina, India
                  Luke: Hung by an olive tree in Athens, AD 93

These are only some of the deaths I have listed.  Foxe's Book of Martyrs is no joke.

16. davidkaluge profile image58
    davidkalugeposted 13 years ago

Have any of you read my book “It is time we truly know why Jesus wept at the grave of Lazarus”
    By N. K. David
    Published by author house UK Ltd and it is available worldwide online stores and on the publishers website.
    It’s a most read for all humanity. The point is that we believe what we accept as true, and only a fool would accept a belief that does not work for him or her. Maybe we have reasons to stand on a belief until we see reasons to quit. Many people are coming up with various doctrine and those that do not believe such doctrine, because it’s not the same old doctrine, call it a false doctrine. It is truly false just because it does not agree with yours?  But humanity has to know that it is truly time for a new beginning and my book is just a mark.

How can you call someones doctrine true, or false, unless there is a "standard, true & established" one in place.
      If there were NO true doctrine, then ALL could be deemed true, and ALL could also be deemed false. To make the call, be sure you know the true (one first).

So, are you introducing a new doctrine in your book?
      Is it in line with the rest of scripture?

1. profile image0
        BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is the book free, else I will have to torrent this one too.

btw: author house UK Ltd  is self publishing???

2. pisean282311 profile image64
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can you call someones doctrine true, or false, unless there is a "standard, true & established" one in place. ...and who established that standards?...btw you stated right thing ALL could also be deemed false....you are right in this...

17. Y. Kajitaka profile image61
    Y. Kajitakaposted 13 years ago

And you're full of malarkey.  Jonah spent three days and nights in the belly of the whale, true- but just as the unbroken bodies of unblemished lambs symbolized how Jesus' legs would not be broken, Jonah's time in the whale was symbolic of Jesus' death.  Jesus definitely died on the cross- but he did not go to heaven.  After taking all the world's sin- past, present and future- on himself, he died and went to Hell.  After three days however, he took the keys to the gates of Hell from Satan, and arose.  He LIVED again.  And for fifty days after he walked the earth again, and was witnessed by many, not the least of which were his disciples.  Then on the day of Pentecost he was taken up into Heaven.

If you don't even know what you're talking about, you might want to get your facts straight first.  Attend a church service or two.  T_T  Honestly.

Do you honestly believe someone could live inside of a whale? They would suffocate and die within a few minutes. smile

Actually, it's been done before.  smile  And not just Jonah, I've heard of it in recent history.  I'd give you the reference if I had it, but unfortunately it's been a few years.

Don't be ridiculous, there are no such references. It is obvious that one will suffocate in the stomach of a whale, where there is no oxygen to breath. Do you understand? smile

Nope, because I read a news article on a similar happenstance about nine or ten years ago.  smile  And that whale is a mammal- it has to come up to breathe.

It really is unbelievable that you continue to argue this point. It doesn't matter if the whale comes up for air or not, a person simply cannot survive inside of another animal, especially in the stomach where there is NO OXYGEN TO BREATHE!!! smile

Says the man who can't find faith enough to step outside his comfort zone.  smile

Faith is one thing, living a life of religious myth and fantasy is another. smile

You have to step out on quite a bit of faith yourself, my friend.  You say you trust science, but trust is "faith," however you boil it down, and scientists make a lot of assumptions.  You are putting faith in man's assumptions.  Man is not only full of errors, but he is prideful- even if he is wrong, many is the time he will refuse to admit it.  You're taking just as big a leap of "faith" as I am- faith that the earth is billions of years old, that you evolved from an ape, that there is no life after death, that we have no eternal soul.  You have faith in a lot of things, just like I do.  If you want to boil it down to a matter of faith, aren't I putting mine to more constructive uses? 

If I don't believe that I evolved from an ape, that means I don't have the excuse of "fall into/with/back on my animal instincts."  At the same time, it means there is a reason I am different. 

If I don't believe that this world "happened" by chance, that means there was a Creator God who made us for a specific purpose.  I am not without reason to be here.

If I don't believe that after death is simply nothing, that means that this eternal soul must have a place to go.  Where is it?  What is it like?  And if there are multiple places, how is it chosen where I end up?

You live on a faith that says "there is nothing."  I live on a faith that says "there is everything."

2. profile image51

I think Jonah was engulfed by a whale and remained in there for a while; Jonah prayed to be saved and his prayer was accepted by the Creator-God, and the fish put him out of his mouth on the coast; Quran does not mention Jonah spending the period of three days and three nights in the belly of fish.

Quran may not, but the Bible does- not only in the Old Testament, but also in the New.  ^^  Three days.

1. profile image51

Quran corrects Bible; one cannot survive in the belly of the fish without oxygen.
                    The scribes are at fault to invent such things and mention them in the Bible that makes Bible an irrational book.

2. profile image0
          SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just to add a point.  Nowhere does it say that Jonah did not die.  We assume he didn't, but we cannot know for sure.  God is certainly able to hear all who cry out to Him alive or dead.

When one dies, one does not "hang around"; one goes to the afterlife- Heaven or Hell.  I don't see how a miracle like dying and then being brought back to life would be overlooked in the story.  And after such a miracle, why would Jonah still be so ill about speaking to the Ninevites?  It's not even in step with human psychology to keep a miracle like that under wraps, even if we hate someone.  I'm not confirming or denying your hypothesis, but it seems highly unlikely.  ^^;

2. profile image51

The focal point is that Jonah did not die in the belly of the fish; he went in the belly of the fish alive, remained alive there, prayed there to the Creator-God, his prayer was heard, therefore, he came alive out of the fish alive, he went to his people who had not accepted him earlier; they realized their mistake and accepted Jonah a truthful Messenger and Prophet of the Creator-God.

Since Jesus prophesied and made this a point of resemblance with Jonah; hence he did not die on the Cross.

1. profile image0
              Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The consuming of Jonah was a similitude of the death burial and resurection of Christ, just as was the animal sacrifice that ancient Israel was comanded by God to perform. Jesus was crucified on the day of the passover when the unblemmished lamb was killed to remove the sins of the people.
              Jesus is the lamb of God.

2. profile image0

But you see my friend, Jesus did die on the cross.  Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. 

What would be the point of redemption if it was done by a man who deserved to die?  There would be no significance to it.  The innocent took the place of the guilty and took the punishment of the guilty on His own back. 

Noone can see the Heavenly without dying first in the flesh.  There is no redemption for mankind outside of believing in Christ's death, burial and resurrection along with confession of sins.

1. profile image51

If your son or daughter or anyother child makes a mistake and asks forgiveness for the mistake and promises not to committ it again; won't you forgive him? Will you like to take some blood out of the child before forgiving him. Definitely, you will forgive him.

The Creator-God Allah YHWH has never been blood thirsty; it is a misconception spread by Paul and the Church to deviate people from the right path. There is no reality in it. It is very cruel to kill one's son or daughter.
                Why it is difficult to understand by the Christians?
                Just give it a little thought and one will understand.

3. profile image0

Have you tried to survive in the belly of a whale?  3 days and still alive?  He had two options to get out and neither option looked very good.  No where does it state that Jonah remained alive.  God can hear, even from the grave.

1. roxxxy42 profile image60
                roxxxy42posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are the first person tht was an eye witness just how close to the cross were you?

1. profile image0
                  SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was right there with Him when He was nailed to the cross.  In Spirit everyone was including you.

There were many eyewitnesses to the account in the flesh also.  They have been recorded.

18. davidkaluge profile image58

Those that asked , how you call a doctrine true or false or what standard seem not to understand my first comment. You accept what you believe as true thereby you have your standard for accepting it. some one may not accept it base on his or her own standard that is why we have difference. it is a clear fact so I do not understand why you ask such question in some thing you are also involved by your belief. why do you accept a teaching as false or true and on what standard?

1. profile image51

A teaching based on clear and unequivocal Word of Revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH descended on one of His truthful messengers prophets; secure and protected in the original form/language Revealed, should be the standard for the truth.

I think it helps. Does it?

1. davidkaluge profile image58
        davidkalugeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is a standard for you as you believe in it but it may not be a standard for others. That is what I am trying to point out all along. Your standards depends on your believe because not every one accepts the same doctrine. Thanks and keep to your standard but remember the general standard , don’t kill , love, unity, among others

1. profile image51

The standard is for everybody; that is why it is called a standard; otherwise it cannot be a standard.

19. davidkaluge profile image58

for those that asked for the book, it is available worldwide you can ask distributors in your area or contact author house for the name distributor

20. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

The rapture has been postponed. I thought it was to happen May 21st of this year. That's a disappointment.

1. profile image51

It was not to happen on May 21st of this year; you were mistaken;but there is no point of despair since it already happened with the advent of the Promised Messiah (1835-1908).

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, what was your "Promised Messiah" like?  Tell me what he was like, please?   Did he love all of mankind?  Did he die for them (us)?   Did he rise again from the dead?  Is he coming back to take you to heaven?  Does he have the power to forgive sins?   Was he of immaculate conception?  Did he have the power to raise the dead, heal the sick, create the universe, set perpetual motion in place, turn water into wine, walk on water, command the seas and the earth?

1. profile image51

Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) was born in 1835 in Qadian, a small village situated in the district of Punjab in India. He was born to a noble, land-owning family of Qadian. He received his education from various tutors who were 'not men of any great learning and the proficiency attained by him consisted merely in the reading of Persian and Arabic and in the ability to express himself fluently in the former and to a limited extent in the latter. His education went no further'.1 He had, however, also studied a few books on medicine under the guidance of his father who was a skillful physician. Together with his love of study, Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) was a devout worshipper and wished to spend a great deal of his time in prayer and supplication.

http://www.alislam.org/library/links/00000185.html

One may like to read the life sketch of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908 by accessing the above like; there is however no compulsion; one may do it on one's own free will.

1. profile image51
            paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this
  21. profile image52
    passingthewordposted 13 years ago

Thank you for sharing. People just need to read and understand the bible. we just need to teach them in love.

Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, you don't need to teach anything at all. As you say, people can read and understand the bible themselves, most likely just has you have accomplished.

Believing that you need to teach them about it only shows you wish to have them interpret the bible as you did, which wouldn't be fair to them as they would never be able to gain their own perspective and understanding of what they are reading.

And, by doing so, one initiates a conflict of interest by introducing bias and persuasion, which could possibly lead to further and escalated forms of conflict.

smile

22. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Jesus did not die on the Cross; he escaped death on the Cross and he migrated to India.

To know the truth one may google "Jesus in India".

23. profile image51

The focal point is that Jonah did not die in the belly of the fish; he went in the belly of the fish alive, remained alive there, prayed there to the Creator-God, his prayer was heard, therefore, he came alive out of the fish , he went to his people who had not accepted him earlier; they realized their mistake and accepted Jonah a truthful Messenger and Prophet of the Creator-God.

Since Jesus prophesied and made this a point of resemblance with Jonah; hence he did not die on the Cross.

24. profile image51

Why did they put so many wrappings on Jesus when the laid him in the tomb?
    Did the Christians think that makes one a god or a son of god?

25. profile image51

According to Matthew, the first gospel, everyone of the disciples had deserted Jesus and fled away; so that makes John's witnessing a doubtful one; he was not an eye-witness of the event to crucifixion.

None from the scribes took body of Jesus from Pilate; as they simply were not there. Those who took body of Jesus from Pilate knew Jesus was alive and he needed immediate treatment of his injuries inflicted on him on the Cross.

Jesus did not die on the Cross.

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

were you with Jesus when he opened up that samosa stand in India after the crucifixion, Paar?

1. Joy56 profile image69
        Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

he probably was, he is everywhere.

1. profile image51

Who?

1. Joy56 profile image69

you, you are in every thread, just like me..... you are crazy, but nice.

1. profile image51

Well I write with respect for everybody; JWs and Mormons alike.

1. Joy56 profile image69

good man

1. profile image51

Thanks for your appreciation.

1. Joy56 profile image69

you are welcome, and you are funny.  Good man is a typical Irish expression, i am English but i live in Ireland, i pick up their expressions quite a lot, have you ever been to Ireland.

26. profile image51

None from the scribes took body of Jesus from Pilate; as they simply were not there. Those who took body of Jesus from Pilate knew Jesus was alive and he needed immediate treatment of his injuries inflicted on him on the Cross.

Jesus did not die on the Cross.

27. profile image51

Christians did not need to take injured body of Jesus to the tomb; if he was to become god from the dead; he could have become where-ever he was lying after deliverance from the Cross, before the very eyes of everybody. The Christians took him and laid him in the tomb as they believed he was still alive.

Later they made the mythical stories.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
      Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HA yeah. People put living people in tombs. That makes sense.

I dont mean to sound insulting parsurrey, but do you ever say anything that actually makes sense or is not a lie?

At least christians believe people saw jesus after he rose from the dead. Who saw mohammed go to heaven and back on a magic horse?

1. profile image51

Jesus did not die on the Cross; his friends saw Jesus before he was put on the Cross; likewise they saw an injured Jesus afterwards. I think it makes sense.

2. profile image0
        zampanoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe someone saw the scene.
        Only he forgot (or didn't know how) to write it down.
        What do we know ?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
          Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HA someone saw mohammed ride a horse to heaven and FORGOT.

Give me a break.

28. superwags profile image67
    superwagsposted 12 years ago

I think that if anybody feels that there is sufficient evidence to say that Jesus is buried in Srinagar; 4-5,000 miles from where he supposedly lived across a vast set of mountain ranges; then they are mistaken.

You could argue that there's insufficient evidence to support Jesus' life in the first place, let alone the hypothesis that he's buried in northern India. I haven't seen one bit of evidence from a credible source to back this up.

I think there's a few Kashmiri hoteliers and postcard-wallas laughing their heads off about this one. I can see why this myth would be propergated from this end as I can't imagine the Kashmiri Tourist Board is having an easy time of things given the region's recent history.

In summary; this hypothesis is laughable and anyone who believes this bumwad needs their judgement severely calling into question.

1. profile image51

The distance is not 5,000 miles.
      Distance To Srinagar From Jerusalem is 2,288 miles / 3682.18 km; less than half as contemplated above.

http://www.prokerala.com/travel/distanc … -srinagar/

1. superwags profile image67
        superwagsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Could Jesus fly too?! Ok, say 3,500-4,000 once you take into account the fact you're tarvelling across a huge desert and over a couple of massive mountain ranges with the route you've taken.

Aren't you saying he'd just been cut off the cross too? Do you really believe this Paar?

1. profile image51

The fact is that Jesus went there; there are traces that he visited places in between.

2. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In a dead straight line! lol lol lol

Did he take a 737 Boeing?

1. profile image51

One can go by air to Srinagar and see there with one's own eyes Jesus buried in a tomb at Mohalla Khanyar, Srinagar, Kashmir, India.

The region is famous for its natural beauty.

I was about 300km (in a straight line) from Srinagar last year and not ONCE did I hear anybody tell me that this tomb existed. Not once.

I'd have gone to Kashmir incidentally, but I would have needed a special visa.

It just isn't feasible for this to have happened. sorry.

29. profile image51

The sinful scribe showed no interest in the event of the Cross; they ran away from the scene; none of them is an eye-witness; later they were free to make stories.

The men who took interest were Nicodemus and Joseph of Armethia; they knew Jesus was alive and needed treatment to live.

1. profile image51

Are there  gospels of Nicodemus and Joseph Armethia; who took Jesus injured body to a spacious tomb, to accommodate the physicians, with openings so that Jesus does not get suffocated during the treatment?

1. profile image51
  30. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

posting the same thing over and over again does not make it more accurate, Paar

Jesus sells kebab in Srinigar!!! It's back!

Lunatic

1. profile image51

Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of Israel; they had twelve tribes out of which only two resided in Judea; the rest 10 were in exile and were in exile and lived in Kashmir and the surrounding area in India. After escaping death on the Cross; Jesus went to these tribe to spread his message there.

1. profile image51

In the parable (of Jonah) he (Jesus) had also hinted that he would come out of the bowels of the earth and would then join the people and, like Jonah, would be honored by them. So this prophecy too was fulfilled; for Jesus, coming out of the bowels of the earth, went to his tribes who lived in the eastern countries, Kashmir and Tibet, etc. viz. the ten tribes of the Israelites who 721 years before Jesus, had been taken prisoner from Samaria by Shalmaneser, King of Assur, and had been taken away by him. Ultimately, these tribes came to India and settled in various parts of that country.

Jesus at all events must have made this journey; for the divine object underlying his advent was that he should meet the lost Jews who had settled in different parts of India; the reason being that these in fact were the lost sheep of Israel who had given up even their ancestral faith in these countries, and most of whom had adopted Buddhism, relapsing, gradually into idolatry. Dr. Bernier, on the authority of a number of learned people, states in his Travels that the Kashmiris in reality are Jews who in the time of the dispersal in the days of the King of Assur had migrated to this country.

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/je … a/ch1.html

Jesus did not die on the Cross; so there is no question of his resurrection from the dead; he was neither a god nor a son of god.

31. profile image51

Are there gospels of Nicodemus and Joseph Armethia; who took Jesus injured body to a spacious tomb, to accommodate the physicians, with openings so that Jesus does not get suffocated during the treatment?

Jesus did not die on the Cross; he did not need to die on the Cross.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you ever quote your sources when making such claims?

You talk about Jesus like you are reading about His life, but yet you never quote from the one book written about Him.

aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He has.
        A few times.
        And every time it was completely OFF the mark! So much so, that it didn't even resemble the subject at hand! lol

32. profile image51

Nicodemus and Joseph Armethia were interested in Jesus so they took permission to take his injured body from Pilate; there are no gospels from them; others who fled from the scene made up the gospels.

Are there gospels of Nicodemus and Joseph Armethia; who took Jesus injured body to a spacious tomb, to accommodate the physicians, with openings so that Jesus does not get suffocated during the treatment?

Jesus did not die on the Cross; he did not need to die on the Cross.

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Out of consideration, and courtesy to the beliefs of others; I propose no comments or opinions on the personal belief of the lack of validity in Christianity be put on the back burner until after their sacred holiday is ended.

What do you say? Want to join me in the truce?

1. profile image51

I respect their views; but I have my own views.

1. profile image0
          just_curiousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok. Your position of  islam? Gleaned from a book. Written by Mohamed who was simply a guy with an idea. I think I've got your position figured out.

33. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I have to defend my Lord and Savior he did die on the cross.

http://www.allahteam.info/does_the_bibl … jesus_.htm

So if you believe just scroll toward the bottom it is all written there. Enough said by me I am now moving onto another topic.

If you don't believe it is o.k. to that is what makes our world a wonderful place. Knowledge is the key to understanding each other. smile

1. profile image51

Sure

1. AEvans profile image73
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know it is big_smile (((hugs)))

2. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I read this article.
      Weak as water, as they say.
      There are such holes in this simplistic argument, that you can drive a bus through it.
      Not even close to convincing! sad

34. profile image51

Lyndall Beddy writes:

I am reading the book *Jesus Lived in India* by Holger Kersten, which is not available in South Africa, although it has been reprinted at least 16 times in Brazil. Both he and Laurence Gardner in his book *The Grail Enigma* reach similar conclusions although Kersten concentrates on the mission work of the disciple Thomas and Jesus Christ in the East, eventually in Kashmir as the home base; while Gardner concentrates on the family of Mary Magdalene, the children, Joseph of Arimathea and Phillip, in the West.

They both reach the conclusion that Jesus Christ did not die on the cross, but was got down alive, with the help probably of bribed Roman soldiers. Kersten goes into much detail about how scientists have proved the Turin shroud impressions not to be from blood, but from sweat, and the herbs taken to the tomb, aloe and myrrh, being for the treatment of wounds, not embalming oils. It is therefore very surprising that neither seems to have read the others book – certainly neither lists the other in their indexes.

Both of them point out that Jesus Christ walked around with his disciples, showed them his wounds, and ate and drunk with them after the crucifixion. Both believe that Paul did not have any vision of Jesus on the Road to Damascus, but met the real, still living Jesus, according to Kersten about 2 years after the crucifixion.

Kersten believes that the wise men from the East may have been coming to look for Jesus Christ as a reincarnation – possibly of Budda or Krishna, effectively a Jewish Dalai Lama. What is unlikely is that, after all that, he would merely disappear to heaven in a puff of smoke after 40 days. Which makes me wonder how much the Roman Church has tampered with Acts, as well as with the Gospel of Mark.

Both Kersten and Gardner effectively verify the Koran as dictated by the Archangel Gabriel:

*They denied the truth, and uttered a monstrous falsehood against Mary. They declared: We have put to death the Messiah Jesus the son of Mary, the Messager of G-d.*

http://www.newstime.co.za/blog/LyndallB … urrected_/

1. marlanasifter profile image67
      marlanasifterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paarsurrey,

Your main question is an interesting proposition that should not be dismissed without investigation; however many of your claims cannot be backed up----
      First, If the Bible is not God-originated, then how can you say the Quran is? If you say one is from God and not the other, then it's all back to belief and none of us really have any point in arguing with each other.
      Second, how are you knowledgeable on the Bronze age Jewish and Christian honor of the sabbath day? As far as I know, the Jews very strictly kept their sabbath... many modern Jews and Christians do as well. Have you heard of the 7th Day Adventists?
      Third, the 'constable'/guard/soldier who pierced the side of Jesus to ensure death was certainly not a Jew, but a member of the Roman occupation and therefore maybe even pagan. He would not have been overly concerned piercing him since he did not believe in the divinity of the corpse, as Bruce Leiter was mentioning in some earlier comment...
      Of course the Bible, like many religious texts, is warped history entwined with mythology, in this case, of the Israelite people. I have yet to study the Quran, but I think it too contains many of the same myths concerning Adam and Eve, Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Issac and so on, just with different versions of the stories and therefore different belief systems.
      The Bible very clearly states that Jesus DIED on the cross in numerous instances... but the hypothesis of Jesus migrating to India is always a curious thought that would be great to be able to prove. However, I have not yet seen any convincing evidence that does so.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paar alsways bangs on about Jesus going to India for a chicken vindaloo, but I'm going to have to disappoint him.

According to that great stirring hymn "Jerusalem" those feet of Christ walked upon England's green an pleasant lands. Contrary to the End Time prophets of tribulation doom, He shall not rest until the New Jerusalme is established in England.......sniff and wipes away an emotional tear.

2. profile image51
      3. profile image51

No, it doesn't.

35. profile image51

Lyndall Beddy writes:

I am reading the book *Jesus Lived in India* by Holger Kersten, which is not available in South Africa, although it has been reprinted at least 16 times in Brazil. Both he and Laurence Gardner in his book *The Grail Enigma* reach similar conclusions although Kersten concentrates on the mission work of the disciple Thomas and Jesus Christ in the East, eventually in Kashmir as the home base; while Gardner concentrates on the family of Mary Magdalene, the children, Joseph of Arimathea and Phillip, in the West.

36. Jesus-Saves profile image58
    Jesus-Savesposted 12 years ago

Hello Paarsurrey;
    I appreciate the fact that you are taking the time to discredit Jesus and win converts to Islam. But based on your comments i can tell you havent read the Bible well. Because if you did you would have found out that, there are many prophecies in the Old Testament that reveal exactly when the Messiah would come, where He would be born, circumstances of His birth, exact date of His baptism, His ministry and the exact date and manner of His death. And His resurrection as well. And also His post resurrection ministry in heaven. All this and much much more were prophesied hundreds and hundreds of years before Christ Himself was born. And all of them were fulfilled down to the letter.
    I know you will ask me to mention these texts, but i will not. I want you to go home and search the Old Testament for yourself and see. You should have done these before posting your comment. Cause it is very clear you are attacking something you know very little about.
    And please, don't use the Koran to bash the Bible. For you will not manage to convince any Christian.

37. Callmeishmael profile image60
    Callmeishmaelposted 6 years ago

Paarsurrey, you are laboring under the typical misunderstanding of the fundamentalist Biblical exegete. The typological story of Johah in the belly of the whale for three days is not to be taken as literally true but as allegorically true. The Bible has four levels of exegesis:  1. the LITERAL, 
    2. the ALLEGORICAL,  3. the MORAL, and  4. the ANAGOGICAL.   

Because you are looking at the Jonah story as ALLEGORY (you use it to draw a parallel between Jonah's three days in the whale and Christ's three days in the tomb), we will discuss that level mostly.

What you are doing is to confuse the ALLEGORICAL with the LITERAL. Let me explain: You are using the Jonah story as something to be interpreted as a LITERAL precursor to the Passion story of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There are two mistakes in doing so.

First, although you are right to see the Jonah tale as allegory, you see that tale as having a literal component or meaning. From this literalist error, you demand a perfect parallel between that tale and the Resurrection one of Christ. But when you mix and allegorical and the literal, you find yourself (as you have done) giving greater weight to the one and not the other. Here, you have given greater weight to the literal. And what, then, have you missed? You miss the idea that the story of Jonah in the belly of the whale for three days and nights is a very good literary example of ALLEGORY, nothing more. But that should be enough!!! But no. You must force it to be perfectly literal, as well, resulting in a confused expectation that a thing should be literal and allegorical at the same time, which is clearly impossible.

If on Valentine's day I receive a card from my wife with a big picture on the front of a heart, and if the inside of the card says, "I give my heart to you," I will expect her to mean that she gives me her love, a thing the heart often represents in our iconography. I do not expect her to cut her actual heart out and give it to me to show me how much she loves me.

But you ARE asking the tale of Jonah to do that very thing: you are asking it to be an allegory of Christ's death and resurrection and, at the same time, to be a literal interpretation. You cannot have it both ways.

You are also making even the greater mistake of saying that the Jonah story, as you have literally interpreted it, is somehow binding (in each of its' particulars) on its latter typological referent, that each element of the Jonah story must have its exact and literal counterpart in Christ's story. If this were an accurate analysis, that would mean that the fullest significance of Christ's Death and Resurrection were limited to what is a foreshadowing of that event.

The foreshadowing does not limit the Almighty. In other words, you have things backwards: you say that Christ could not have actually died because that's not what happened to Jonah! That's actually blasphemously backwards. It is more true to say that Jonah could not actually have died, because Christ DID. Being Divine, of course, Christ COULD rise from the dead. Being merely human, Jonah COULD NOT. All you have to do to get this straight is accept that Christ is God. Simple as that. Then all the twisted and convoluted hermeneutics can stop. Oh, and by the way, please stop with all of that "Christ (Blessings be upon him)" stuff. Remember, we don't bless Him; He blesses us.                                                                                                           

The literal sense is the meaning conveyed by the words of Scripture and discovered by exegesis, following the rules of sound interpretation: “All other senses of Sacred Scripture are based on the literal.”

The spiritual sense. Thanks to the unity of God's plan, not only the text of Scripture but also the realities and events about which it speaks can be signs.

The allegorical sense. We can acquire a more profound understanding of events by recognizing their significance in Christ; thus the crossing of the Red Sea is a sign or type of Christ's victory and also of Christian Baptism.
        The moral sense. The events reported in Scripture ought to lead us to act justly. As St. Paul says, they were written “for our instruction.”
        The anagogical sense (Greek: anagoge, “leading”). We can view realities and events in terms of their eternal significance, leading us toward our true homeland: thus the Church on earth is a sign of the heavenly Jerusalem.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)