HubPages Highlights Hopeful Hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

Every Friday we volunteers publish a Hub with 1) a fun theme and  2) articles by 18 newer Hubbers for you to read and choose for a vote.  ANYONE  can vote, not just HubPages members.

The 18 articles are split equally this week among  these 3 topics (3 different topics each week in rotation):

1)    Books and Writing; 2) Gender and Relationships; and 3) Religion and Beliefs

VOTE for your favorite in each of the 3 groups, or at least 1 in 1 group.  We appreciate it.

Three Winners (HubNuggets) per  topic (total of 9) will be announced and posted in the weekly HubPages Newsletter next week, arriving in your 70,000 to 80,000 member email Inboxes, receiving expanding Hub traffic. Commenting on Wannabe Hub- comments threads will open YOU up to more traffic as well, if you are a member.

Articles are called potential HubNuggets; their writers are HubNugget Wannabes. Winners and their Hubs are official HubNuggets. HubNuggets are like Chicken Nuggets, only of the tasty, written variety. A Louisiana friend described good music and writing as tasty and I believe it.

These articles will leave a GOOD TASTE in your mouth, so have a good serving of nominated HubNugget Hubs at:

HubNuggets Corps of Engineers

OUR RUNNING THEME has been Space Opera, particularly real events combined with Sci-Fi  television and movies of the past and present.  We also like pirates. And engineers.

Every Friday, you will see a highlighted forum thread for HubNuggets at the top of the Hubbers Hangout forum. There is no set time for this to happen, but usually well before

4:00pm to 5:00pm EST.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Bump

3. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Sci-PI that was the rescue of the century. Glad that you can  really think fast on your feet.

Congrats to all the the hubnuggeteers for the nominations. Good luck to you all.

I read all the hubs last night (lucky for us on the team we have the opportunity to sneak preview all the wannabes) Naturally I did my civic duty and voted.

Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, a colleague with the same name and a favorite color always comes in handy!  With P8 Blue, the proverb 'Many hands make light work' is aboslutely true.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

voted and that is nice hub,  congrats to all the nominees!

Thanks 1000 times for reading and voting!

5. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

i read and voted. i have lots of fun with this hub every week. keep up the good work guys and gals

6. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

I feels to good to be shed of that platypus, so I could cast my votes.

Thanks for freeing us from that jam, Commander Sci-PI!

7. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Just on my way to vote...can't wait to hear how we got out of this one...Oh, wait a minute...I was there, wasn't I?

Better go see what I missed big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

8. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

This is a fab write-up for the whole HubNuggets thing, by the way.

9. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Col, coll, cool. Thanks for commenting about that CDR RedElf!

10. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

All of you volunteers are doing a bang-up job with your enthusiasm and dedication. That you introduce new Hubbers to the community, and the community to them, is a fantastic PR function that HP would have no other way. HP's more than lucky to have you.

11. Buffoon profile image74
    Buffoonposted 14 years ago

Hi, I hope you don't mind a question: The topics for each week, do you decide them "on the fly" or are they announced somewhere in case someone wants to work with them?  Sorry if this is a dummy question!

The topics rotate in a set order, three each week. You can look at the last several HubNuggets Hubs to see the order. DO THIS by going to this week's link (way above) and then going down a few lines to PREVIOUS EPISODE. At the end of THAT page, will be the last few weekly round-up hubs and the topics clearly marked on each.

The ONLY WAY a newer Hubber can "compete" or "enter" this contest is to do your BEST in each topic that you tackle every day and YOU CAN DO IT every day -- use new content around 500 - 800 words long or longer, but not book-length; good grammar, at least one photo or graphic that you have the legal right to use (look for Public Domain images on Wikimedia Commons, for example) and and attractive layout. can add more images, Amazon and eBay capsules, RSS feeds, tables, approriate links, etc.

Thanks and all success to you!

1. Buffoon profile image74
        Buffoonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the explanation, Patty!  I am a bit of a lazy buffoon (whoops!), but I think maybe I'll set to work with this. I just need to find a funny angle, as I refuse to be serious about anything that I pen in here big_smile

OK, I'll be ready to laugh. smile

1. Buffoon profile image74
            Buffoonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So. I've followed your advice, and so far I've gathered the following topics as topics that will be carried on the Enterprise:

- Health
            - Technology
            - Knowledge and Education
            - Books and Writing
            - Gender and Relationships
            - Religion and Beliefs
            - Home and Family

This buffoon here can pen a laugh or two about a couple of these for sure. But this buffoon (poor, poor silly bufffoon!) ain't sure at all what's the order so my hat and I are going to hope for the best  tongue  If nothing else, the offering(s) will be funny! Yes, they will!

That's the Buffoon spirit that will succeed!

2. DjBryle profile image68
        DjBryleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the helpful information Patty... we are so blessed to have you around to guide us in this world of hubbing! God bless! smile

12. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

ON my way to commune with the local life forms Patty in my new hubmobile....woooh! I love this car!  Hahahahah You guys always give me the best transpo! smilesmilecool

1. DjBryle profile image68
      DjBryleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for nominating me.. although I may not win, it means a lot to be nominated! God bless! smile

13. thevoice profile image60
    thevoiceposted 14 years ago

good luck read all of you in hopper take care the voice

14. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 14 years ago

Patty hello, and thanks. I needed the reminder on voting. Good luck to all.

15. Money Glitch profile image64
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

I've voted.  Good luck to all the HubNugget Wannabes and remember that you are already winners! big_smile

16. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Voted!  Congrats and good luck to all the nominees.

17. VintageLot profile image61
    VintageLotposted 14 years ago

hubpages sucks! I spent hours on my hub last night only to get their little sh**y "overpromotional message". Do they not know that devhub and many other competitors ENCOURAGE promoting your business.. I am gone.

18. susanlang profile image60

oh boy..sounds like we lost one.

That's OK, more fun for the rest of us!

It's really not a site to just sell things. smile

1. susanlang profile image60
        susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with that.. Ms. Patty, queen of the masterful writing skills. You never stop amazing me with the new and clever hubs you come up with. I sometimes wonder how you do so well and not tire. It seems your engery and wisdom go on and on. I'm not trying to kiss up, I really do mean every word comming from honest thoughts Ms. Patty.

I'm just at a point in my life where things are gelling. I never thought I could be a writer really - smile

1. susanlang profile image60
            susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A modest writer too is Ms. Patty smile

2. ajcor profile image59
            ajcorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well done - you deserve it - you certainly seem to put the hours in...cheers

Thanks everybody; I try to be organized smile

19. Aley Martin profile image65
    Aley Martinposted 14 years ago

I agree with Patti...I did not think I had much to say until after I turned 50. There is something reflective about this magical age for me. And that does not mean others do not, it is just my time to explore new avenues and chase down ideas long left behind in my cobwebbed infested mind!

smile

Thanks for the wonderful place to "play" everyone!

Thanks for being here. Good writing encourages us all.   Cheers!

20. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

The HubNuggets have been determined!

Books & Writing (59 total votes)
    Blogging as a Spiritual Practice (18 votes, 31%)
    Comic Books in the Classroom (17 votes, 29%)
    Writer's Block - When the Usual Vocabulary Needs a Holiday (10 votes, 17%)

Gender & Relationships (46 total votes)
    Mending A Soul (Forgive... and Forget?) (29 votes, 63%)
    Are you... Socially Awkward? (6 votes, 13%)
    Understanding the Importance of Wedding Liability Insurance (4 votes, 9%)

Religion & Beliefs (75 total votes)
    Ways to Manifest Money (38 votes, 51%)
    The Multifaceted Path (19 votes, 25%)
    Sorry, your ghost status has been denied. (8 votes, 11%)

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL 18 WRITERS SHOWCASED THIS WEEK AND WINNERS - WAY TO GO!

Keep on Hubbing!

21. susanlang profile image60

Wow.. my congrats too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)