Appoligy to the group. (no more ranting I promise)

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Jerrico Usher profile image57
    Jerrico Usherposted 16 years ago

This is off topic but needs to be said so I'll say it then drop it.

I admit I have lost my cool several times in here but NOT unprovoked (that’s not an excuse).

I have a habit of protecting the underdog from those who prey with words to show dominance.. as is the case with a few people in here (although I trust thats not their intent).. but its not my fight so I should stay out of it. Noted. I also realize now that I may have misread some of you and brought the arguments from you on myself. Misha I didnt mean to insult coolbreeze in his hub, I wasn’t trying to bash it but in reading it again I guess I was out of line in my wording it was one line that was out of line the rest I was just trying to show him how to improve it, but none the less it could have easily been taken meanly (sorry coolbreeze) and so I apologize for returning fire when you deserved to say what you say as I deserved to hear it/feel it.

Isabella, your personality is a strong one, so strong in fact that I find it hard to read your posts without getting upset, but this is my hang-up, and I have no right to return fire on you, especailly since its not me your verbally "schooling" .

I do enjoy your hubs and have tried to make amends with you but you don't easily forgive and I assume you never will, and that’s fine, I brought your distain on myself, my punishment is I can never (politely) comment on your hubs and that’s fine, I meant no disrespect (the first two that pissed you off I apologize for) in the last two comments, one was just to tell you you had a youtube movie that was dead and so I tried to help, the other was a polite comment on your hub, but I'll refrain from commenting on anything related to your account/hubs. You have my word.

Mark I didn’t mean to call you a jerk, I only implied you were acting like one, but even then I was out of line and I apologize for myself being a jerk, your right I was being a hypocrite and showed my a**. I do not want to make you uncomfortable, I actually enjoy your rants on forums and your hubs, and like everyone else I brought your wrath on myself so I have no right to get upset even if you did say something mean or condescending towards me.. can you forgive me for being a jerk? Honestly I didn’t mean to piss people off, and I feel horrible for disrupting such a great group of people,

I do not want a bunch of people to be upset with me or at me, I'm not a bad guy but admittingly I was wrong in the way I've dealt with my temper at certain individuals and in my senseless ranting in the forum, regardless of ones attitude it is within my control to refrain from commenting, unless i have something of real value to contribute, I take full responsibility for my actions and hope you guys can forgive me for them. I realize you all gave me ample opportunities to "shut up" and I didnt take them but I'm aware of the damage my ranting is causing so I'll stop.

I'm willing to admit I lost my cool, acted childishly (hypocritically), and have upset some people that otherwise I have respect for. I don't come here to act a fool or to upset anyone, I'm here for the same reason you are, but I've made an error in judgment (several times) the error of voicing my opinion and should take my own advice (your absolutely right mark).. I humbly apologize and ask for your forgiveness.

I am a passionate person, anyone who reads my hubs can tell that, and I tend to sometimes overanalyze things said, tone etc.. and respond when I shouldn’t, my passion mixed with my opinion when upset at someone is a volatile mix and I'm aware of it now and promise to behave

I didn’t mean to upset you mark, Isabella, misha, and anyone else I've upset, and hope we can get past this and start fresh, everyone deserves a second chance so I'm asking for one.. can we go back to the fun friendly hubtivity festivities?

I promise to refrain from negativity, hierocracy, jerkery, opinionated gibberish, wasting of the hubpage teams time (and its fellow hubers), I look forward to better times with you guys, lets synergize not patronize ok? were here to make money and spread some intelligence not ignorance, so what say we start off fresh and respect one another.. let he who has never sinned cast the first stone?

Thank you for listening.

Jerrico

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Apology accepted.

Jerrico Usherposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Your awesom.. thank you! I appreciate it.

Jerrico

3. coolbreeze profile image42
    coolbreezeposted 16 years ago

I think your a great guy Jerrico, We have all shown our asses at times.
    But many will not admit it or take responsibility for their actions.
    They know who they are.

For the most part people are decent and understanding here at hubpages.
    There will always be people who refuse to get along with others.
    You are not one of those people.

Let it go dude,dont take these people or life so serious.

I have been here a half a century if I have learned one thing about life it would be.

Life is all about our capacity to give and receive love.

Aloha Jerrico

Rik

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Take it easy Jerrico, no worries big_smile

5. dxdukes profile image61
    dxdukesposted 16 years ago

Hello Jerrico!

“The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise”

An Alden Nowlan Quote

Happy New Year!

Darlene:)

1. sminut13 profile image62
      sminut13posted 16 years agoin reply to this

it's a great quote.n one which makes sense.

1. dxdukes profile image61
        dxdukesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

2. PurpleZen profile image60
      PurpleZenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Darlene, this is a lovely quote. And so true. Thank you for sharing it.

PurpleZen

6. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

Great post..Jerrico, i enjoyed your words, very wise indeed:)

7. Jerrico Usher profile image57
    Jerrico Usherposted 16 years ago

thanx everybody smile I find I relax more when I spend the day writing hubs hehe.. I'm haivig an influx of topics and no time to write.. its the opposite of writers block but it can be just as bad.. hope everyone is having a great day..

8. Kenny Wordsmith profile image72
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 16 years ago

Yes, I know about the opposite of writer's block, a writer's crossroads!

Have a great New Year, Jerrico!

9. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

Owning up to your mistakes is an admirable feat.  I, for one, appreciate that you stepped up and offered an apology. 

Good luck with your hubbing, life, and New Year's!  Maybe a resolution for you can be to say one nice thing to someone you may not normally say something nice to?  I know that's one of mine.

10. Rudra profile image67
    Rudraposted 16 years ago

Hey Jerrico. Nice one.
    Just wondering if you could have posted this as a Hub...

Jerrico Usherposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Its funny you say that.. the wishing hub explained why you should never be too proud to appoligize... as for putting this as a hub (the way its here) its personal and for those hubbers I disrupted in a forum here not for the public to see at large.. but I did touch on explaining my actions in that hub "You've made your wish why havent you show up to recieve it"

Gamegirl- thanks I appreciate your candor thats awesome! by the way I do do that say something nice thing, actually I try to do that all day, nothing like making others feel good! I'm not really a jerk in real life, I guess I just got stimulated in the forums and well made an arse of myself smile

Kenny- Yea I have to keep a pen and paper next to me, and and open text doc to jot down the ideas, I get them ALOT when I read you guys posts, and when I am researching my own.. so much to say so little time huh? hehe

Dkdukes- inspirational, I can tell your an optomist by heart, and a good soul!

compu-smart- thank you! lol I felt it was a bit winded and thought noone would read it sad but I was wrong (that people would read it, it is a bit winded lol) you seem to have an amazing attitude, and I'm flattered you like my writing.. that means alot, I think an authors greatest currency isnt the click throughs its the feedback when someone enjoys what you wrote.

Misha- thanks man, I appreciate you  not stayin mad, you don't seem like the type not to forgive, I could tell when you said "I could have said it nicer" that showed conviction and integrity.. your good peoples.

cool breeze- thanx! your a great guy too, I like your spirit!

11. dxdukes profile image61
    dxdukesposted 16 years ago

Thank you very much!

12. VioletSun profile image81
    VioletSunposted 16 years ago

Jerrico: I generally don't get involved in online disputes or feel drawn to it, but was observing now and then when I would visit some threads, and I was getting a little concerned that perhaps getting too involved in the forums may not be good for one's online health. LOL!  .

You showed courage and a certain sense of humility in the midst of some strong personalities, qualities that I value. You rock, dude!   The responses by our fellow hubbers speak for themselves too;  its very nice to be in a community with hubbers like these.

13. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 16 years ago

Jerrico, I agree with VioletSun.  After I tried posting in the forum and I just woke up one day and read all the arguments that happened (while I was sleeping), I was kinda "scared" of writing in the forums once more.  Hahaha

So...woh!  This is a very nice change.  What can I say?  I am proud of you.  :-)  And yes to all the hubbers who have accepted his apologies, I am proud of you too. Let's continue to choose to create ripples of joy.  And help make our world a better place.

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Guys, just wanted to remind you that Jerrico agreed to not post on these forums. When you are addressing him, directly or indirectly, you make his task (staying off the forums) harder...

And those apologies where made *before* the latest outbreak, not after...

Let this thread (and other Jerrico threads) die in peace, please...

1. VioletSun profile image81
      VioletSunposted 16 years agoin reply to this

>>>

Ooops, thanks for the heads up. :::sitting on my typing fingers::::::

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)