10,000 views !!!

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 14 years ago

Hooray for me big_smile

I got my 10,000 views milestone badge late last night!

I did some Analytics research and found that about 7,500 of them are from Search Engine traffic. Less than 900 are from HubPages traffic (not including my own views), and the other 1,600 are from referral sites.

55 hubs over 3 months, 10,000 views - this is pretty good, right?

1. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're my hero!  I really need to learn this internet thing better.

1. LarasMama profile image61
        LarasMamaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Now for 100,000!
        I'm still sitting around the measly 3200 mark. sad

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Way to go Ed!  The page views come faster the longer you are here, at least this is my experience.  But I didn't have as many hubs as you at 3 months.  So, good job!

3. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I compared my stats just for giggles, since you asked. 

I hit 10K views right at 3 months, with 47 hubs.  I don't think my percent traffic from search engines was quite as good as yours though.  And I've never had a hubber score higher than 95.   I hit AdSense payout about a month ago at about 37K views and 117 hubs. 

Seems my stats usually compare pretty well when other hubbers share such info, better than the center of the pack. So from what I know, I'd say likewise, you're doing better than "class average".

Edweirdoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for being so open with your own stats in comparison!

I feel really good about my progress so far, and at least now I don't feel like I'm deluding myself tongue

1. rmcrayne profile image90

No probs. 

A suggestion:  Look at some of the hubbers' plans for their 60 Day Challenge.  Many have shared their starting stats.  I was pleasantly surprised at how I compared in many cases, because many of these are hubbers I respect.  Take a few notes of how long they have been hubbing, and what their page views are.

Hee hee - I am one of those 60 Day Challenge hubbers!

So I'll take it as a compliment big_smile

1. rmcrayne profile image90

big_smile 

That is funny, huh?  Good luck with the challenge.

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a lot of views - Congratulations!

5. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well hopefully you will get to 100,000 in no time.  You are one of THE best hubbers on here.  I love your stuff, and I think you know that, but you are so funny, and bright, and a very good writer.

Congrats to you.  Well done, but I bet you in no time- your numbers will be off the charts.  You are just that good.smile

That's very sweet of you to say, and much appreciated big_smile big_smile big_smile

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

cool Ed! smile

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Great job, Ed!

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Congratulations edweirdo!

5. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 14 years ago

Thanks everyone!

I'm thoroughly enjoying writing here and look forward to writing more big_smile

6. profile image0
    King Larryposted 14 years ago

congrats meatbag!

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Coming from "Bender" that is the highest of praise!

7. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

great job!  congrats!

8. Mike Lickteig profile image76
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!  10,000 views is a significant milestone!

9. sportyfunster profile image69
    sportyfunsterposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Edweirdo. Keep it up.

10. Super Chef profile image60
    Super Chefposted 14 years ago

Wow edwierdo I to joined 3 months ago and have 59 hubs and my traffic is only just 1772. I was gutted I missed out on the 60DC it could of been a great oppurtunity for me. Anyway no point dwelling in the past and congrats on your 10,000

If you want to see how I did it, I've pretty much laid out my "plan of attack" in my "Adventures in HubPages" series of hubs...

11. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

That's great!
    Congratulations!

12. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Well done, Edweirdo! Those are great stats!
    http://www.sevenoaksart.co.uk/images/congratstext.gif

13. Money Glitch profile image61
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0065.gif Way to goooo!

14. MyWebs profile image78
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! 10k is a nice milestone.I know how happy I was to hit 10k.

For comparison at about the 2.5 month mark I hit 10,000 views with 14 hubs. I'm guessing it was: 75% of it from Google, 10% referral and 15% from HubPages.

I'm sure 10k in 3 months is a lot better than average.

I also regret not being part of the 60DC. Big mistake. DOH

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)