anyone got good news

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (53 posts)
  1. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

has anyone got something funny, happy, good news to tell?

my good news today would be winning a chocolate bar. lol.

1. Origin profile image59
      Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurace by switching to Geico.

Naw, not really.

1. K Partin profile image61
        K Partinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's Saturday and I don't have to work.

3. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not know if you consider it good news but the smell of lilacs are in the air today.  They smell so good, too bad it is for such a short time.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love the smell of lilacs. growing up we had two big bushes in the back yard. hmmm. thanks for the memory.

http://artfiles.art.com/5/p/LRG/7/733/4RGZ000Z/ovanes-berberian-fresh-cut-lilacs.jpg

2. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 13 years ago

Yup! http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/41685

Ha! lol

Plus I'm alive and breathing!!

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 13 years ago

a cocolate bar is good!! I have good news, my dog lived thru his heat stroke. He got so much better in fact, we are expecting puppies....

You win as far as I'm concerned....congrats! smile

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or actually, I think the dog won.  smile ha ha

Yup that's for sure! smile But remember chocolate is no good for dogs!!

1. profile image0

haha. smile

4. Lady_E profile image64
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

As the whole world knows, a lot of UK travellers were stranded last week. Well, some lucky ones were brought back home in Luxury (FREE)with Celebrity Eclipse.  It's a brand new ship and it was used for the first time.

That's what I call a "Blessing in Disguise". smile

1. profile image0

talk about silver linings!!!

1. salt profile image60
        saltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that looks luxurious.

5. profile image0

ok, more good news. The sun is out, but there is a breeze, keeps the black flies down. My interent connection is working. I have running water. I have not lost my hearing, I can still listen to my radio. My husband has a steady job. Our house is not being foreclosed. I have enough food to feed my children, plus friends. If I were to die today, I could say I lived my life well.

OMG!!! You win a cruise!!! Hands down. lol

6. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I got new inspiration to finally write the fiction that had been brewing inside me for months - and now I'm writing "Chapter 4" and people are responding very nicely to my other hubs as well and so my score is higher than its ever been and the sun is shining!  (out of breath)  and the iris I planted last year and didn't know what color they would be are blooming now and they are gorgeous, simply gorgeous two-tone lavendar and purple with yellow fuzzy "beards"!  There is no flower more perfect!

1. profile image0

yay for flowers!!!!

7. bhaskar_c profile image56
    bhaskar_cposted 13 years ago

Ya in katrina will be getting married very soon after releasing of her new film

8. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

Why yes I do!

Did you know recently they have discovered an Anti-Cancer agent that keeps the run away cells from growing? It reduced the spread and speed of infection by 80%.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/185482.php

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_BRMr2D3unLI/S9MdB-3qsdI/AAAAAAAAAF8/vJ16uGmbCaw/s400/80460462.jpg

9. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 13 years ago

Such great stuff! I want to comment to everyone, but I don't have time!
    {{HUGS}} all around! (and possibly a toast!)

I'm with Justine.  My good news of the day is that I am alive and well and blessed with a wonderful family.  Times are tight but... "all ya' need is love... doo dah doo doo doo."

Oh, here's a joke Salt.  If you have kids, this might make you laugh.  It was made up by my 5 year old, and actually makes MORE sense than most of his jokes: roll big_smile

What did the bush say to the grass?

(I don't know, honey, what?)

I'm a big monster and I want to BUSH you down! 

Get it Mommy?  I said "bush" instead of "push" because he's a bush just PRETENDING to be a monster.

(The explanations are always the best.) lol

1. profile image0

lol   lol   lol

10. profile image0

I love good news. OK, here's some more. my laundry is nearly done, the dishes are clean, the kids are at a freind's house and I have time to myslef!!!! AND.... to date, not one single hubber has pointed out any of my misspellings!!! THANKS GUYS!!!!
    big_smile

1. profile image0

ps salt, I hope your doing ok after the other day. hugs.

11. cupid51 profile image67
    cupid51posted 13 years ago

I can share a small joke:

he Honeymoon
    A young couple got married and left on their honeymoon.

When they got back, the bride immediately called her mother. Her mother
    asked, "How was the honeymoon?"

"Oh, Mum," she replied, "the honeymoon was wonderful! So romantic..."

Suddenly she burst out crying. "But, Mum, as soon as we returned Sam
    started using the most horrible language...things I'd never heard before! I
    mean, all these awful 4-letter words! You've got to come get me and take me
    home.... Please Mum!"

"Sarah," her mother said, "calm down! Tell me, what could be so awful? What
    4-letter words?"

"Please don't make me tell you, Mum," wept the daughter, "I'm so
    embarrassed, they're just too awful! Come get me, please!"

"Darling, you must tell me what has you so upset. Tell your mother these
    horrible 4-letter words!"

Still sobbing, the bride said, "Oh, Mum, they were words like dust, wash,
    iron, cook!"

lol lol lol

1. salt profile image60

Brilliant, I dont iron any more unless it is necessary, thats one of my things for the environment.

12. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

yep. every day is a bonus day.
    http://exceptionalgeneralist.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/jump_for_joy.jpg

smile

13. Shadesbreath profile image79
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I have a fridge full of beer, a huge tin of raviolis from the best Italian restaraunt in 300 miles in any direction (seriously), and a brand new copy of Avatar waiting for my evening of watching it with my family.  smile

14. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

thats good news !

15. JulesGerome profile image61
    JulesGeromeposted 13 years ago

Everyday for me is good news, because I enjoy life. 'Joie d'vivre !'

1. barryrutherford profile image76
      barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ce la vie !

2. calpol25 profile image59
      calpol25posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I woke up this morning and smiled knowing my family was the most important thing to me in the world lol smile

You might think im sad but without their love and care I would be nothing xxx

1. donotfear profile image82
        donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's good news that I have a new friend in calpol25!!!!

16. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

My good news is that I've had my birthday today. All day. Once more around the sun.

It's been yet another fabulous trip smile

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Happy birthday frogdropping.  Hope the next year is as fabulous/

2. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

happy birthday FD. do you start counting when your egg was hatched, you became a tadpole - or when you got legs and other good stuff ?

3. salt profile image60

Happy birthday to you...

17. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

The good news it that the tornado from last night whirled right on over us and never dropped down. I'm very thankful.

The weather is beautiful here. The temp is 78 degrees F. The wind is gusty to 35 mph....just perfect weather. 
    I went riding earlier for about an hour, trotting around the pasture just enjoying the day.
    That's good news.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is good news.  I saw the news story about the string of tornadoes and was thinking about you (even though I don't know you).  My daughter's boyfriend has relatives in Alabama, and they were fine too.

18. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

They had donuts at the Intermarche today.  They only do them now and again.  I ran from the store with them shouting excitedly to my husband.  People stared at our joy but we did not care - donut flavoured good news!  Tasted all the better because we know they will not be there on Monday or indeed any other day for at least a month. Its not as good as a tornado averted but we don't get out much.

19. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

I'm happy !

I'm sure someone will think that's good news ! lol

1. calpol25 profile image59

Thats brilliant news smile thought i would say it first lol smile

1. tantrum profile image59
        tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The other good news is, I think it's very nice to meet you again ! big_smile

thank you very much tantrum and its lovely to meet you again too, big_smile
          I have missed hub pages but came back two days ago as I missed everyone so much lol smile

2. donotfear profile image82

I'm happy with you , tantrum. All my negative energy is puked from my system. smile

I agree do not fear and im happy I got to meet you too smile

1. donotfear profile image82

I second that!!!!!!!!1

20. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

After having house guests for the past six weeks, we can now walk around and have privacy. That is great news!! Sure some of you understand.

21. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

My good news is that Ive survived a week of psychological warfare from a hospital system and a few others. I have come out the winner, having a lovely weekend, eating a fantastic french stick and ham roll.

Relaxing, swimming and really having a peaceful and lovely time.

22. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

The scorpion that scuttled out from my table at one of the best restaurants in town last night and was as big as my hand headed straight for the nearest toddler and not for me. That was one of the good things that happened.

The good thing that happened to the toddler was that his father threw a dinner plate, Frisbee style, that landed on the scorpion and made it too unwell to continue in its life of terror.

I did have a scorpion nightmare afterwards, though.

23. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Where do you live that has scorpions in restaurants?

24. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

This might bring a bit of happiness your way...

Good fun videos from youtube that really do make a good news story.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mostwatchedvideosonyoutube

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)