Skepticism cannot create a system for life

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (100 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Hi friends

Skepticism cannot create a system for life; it is for this that Atheists have existed though yet they could never establish rule or goverment in any part of the World to set an example for others. If they did , they failed miserably; they were so cruel that they did not own it afterwards. I think you agree with me. Don't you?

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I respect your beliefs and I am not Atheist nor am I of the Christian faith.
      But what about the radical, fanatical, cruel Muslims?

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend  Deborah Sexton

They simply should not be  radical, fanatical or cruel Muslims. Their concepts and beliefs are wrong but they don't understand. They are only political and hence they are being dealt with by the World politically.

I don't mind if somebody is an Atheist or a Christian; if they stick to reason , rationality and logical arguments which are essence or spirit of humanity. If the Atheists resort to derision and ridiculing , I understand that they are weak in the arguments hence they have resorted to derision.

Thanks

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
      Nobody's going to agree with you.
      And where did you leave your 'peace'?
      Or is it a 'piece'? Of ....  hmm

1. profile image51

Hi friend tantrum

I don't mind; all human being don't have necessaritly to agree with one another. Absolutely no compulsion. Having different opinions with reasons, is the beauty of human beings and that is how man has progressed. If one cannot give a reason or is not honest in differing that is against humanity. Please don't mind

Thanks

3. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope! big_smile You make absolutely no sense! smile

1. profile image51

Hi friend Hokey

Nevermind. Enjoy your life. May be sometimes you may see in sense what I say.

Please state the point which does not appeal to the sense.

Thanks

I am an Ahmaid peaceful Muslim

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A ridiculous thought process and isn't back by anything but conjecture. hmm So, no I don't agree. wink

1. profile image51

Hi friend Cagsil

You have not given any reason of not agreeing to me. I think you are only a routinist having no originality of your own; you are just following others believing in Atheism meme.

Thanks

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was your first mistake. Assuming you know anything about me in the first place. As for those who are atheists is up to them.

I don't need to have a belief or even form a belief in your mythic word of the "creator". I've walked the walk of religion and obviously you haven't.

Until you do, then don't assume you know me at all. If you should decide to take the walk down religion's true path, then you would have learned there is NO CREATOR and never has been.

Therefore, I've come to the conclusion you know nothing about your own religion, never mind, talking about what others supposedly belief or think.

Have a great day! smile

5. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think healthy skepticism is good. essential, even. i think that is what drives Man's desire to understand his world, and the Universe.

religion can be cruel too. you're familiar with The Crusades, right?

1. Hokey profile image60

and the inquisition?

6. Antecessor profile image66
      Antecessorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What about The Peoples Republic of China, thats a country run by atheists. Their governement officials literally have to renounce all religous beliefs to be employed by The Party. I think China is quite successful dont you?

1. profile image51

Hi friend Antecessor

What about Communist Russia?

They managed their country so cruelly that the Atheists don't own it now.

Thanks

2. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

Welcome peaceful Muslim !   No I do not agree.

1. profile image51

Hi frind china man

Thaks for welcoming me. Not necessary to agree with me. You have not mentioned as to why you don't agree with me and on what specific point with your reasons and arguments. Please give the same.

Thanks

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image62
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me neither

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Watch how peaceful this muslim remains, and who he is "peaceful" with.
        Been through this before with this fugitive from the thought police! lol

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image62

Well, to be honest, it's all very well bandying about words like "skepticism" without explaining what you (the OP) mean by them. I mean, strictly speaking there are no skeptics. Because in Western academic philosophical tradition a "skeptic", strictly speaking, will challenge that you even know you yourself are sitting in front of a computer screen, technically.

I raised this elsewhere yesterday... just because you're a skeptic about, say, Bible-derived religious ideas (like those of Islam, for example), does not mean you have to be a skeptic about concepts such as justice, fairness, compassion, decency, etc.

3. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Really ? says who ? hit-n-run thread creator islamic ?

How much islamic research foundation pays you for preaching and attacking atheists/other religions ?

I just love these brainwashing type of posts, is there any brainwashing channel on youtube ?

khuda hafis,
    skyfire

1. profile image51

Hi friend skyfire

I am not paid anything. I agree that my brain has been washed from doubts that is why I talk with reason, rationality and logical arguments given in the Word from the Creator- God Allah YHWH.  The Athiest as they themselves name them sometimes as "Skepticals" are in doubt and confusion; so they resort to derision and ridiculing. Is it not so ?

Thanks

1. skyfire profile image81
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm surprised that you decided to stay in the thread this time.Besides if atheists are into ridiculing and derision, why theists especially islamic and Christians wrote in their holy book about punishment to non-believers ? fear ? protection to belief ? as if creator cares for his creation who prefer not to believe in his existence.I see who started this rational game of ridiculing each other. 

Besides rational way will never justify any human book as word of god cause there is no reason for any creator to send his words to his creations.isn't it ?

1. profile image51

Hi friend skyfire

There are two ways of ascertaining truth; one is understanding from the nature created by the Creator- God Allah YHWH and the other is from the Word revealed by the Creator; both are the same as they are from the same source. Those who study nature or Work of the Creator; they study the book or the system in nature created by the Creator. Those who study Word from the Creator; they also study the system from His Word.

There is no contradiction in Work and the Word of the Creator if understood correctly. There is no skepticism involved; only reflection ,studying and believing with reason, the essence of humanity.

Thanks

4. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

skeptics are skeptics, the power of the mind to question everything and anything is good, who needs order, is that what you mean, system? is there a system really, or is it just a high falutin word?

1. profile image51

Hi friend alexandriaruthk

Every human being asks questions; and other human beings who know give  answers; it is not specific with Atheisist. Atheists ask question with confusion and doubt; other ask question without confusion and doubt.

If there would have been no order; there would have been only chaos and there would have been no priciples and laws. The existense of priciples and laws establish that there is order and system in the Universe.

I think now you would have understood it. Have you?

Thanks

1. alexandriaruthk profile image69
        alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

order is order to a certain point in time, laws are changing because of questions and because of skepticism, the power to question everything brings a new order and law, 

physical laws, moral laws, societal laws, or all of it - is that the order we are talking about here

1. profile image51

Hi friend

A new order is also an order. The priciple ascertained or discovered was already there but misunderstood; only the wrong concept has been re-ordered; it existed already in the nature created by the Creator- God Allah YHWH.

Thanks

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But this person God Allah YWHY does not actually exist. sad

Or do you have some rational proof of this invisible person?

I am a Peaceful Reasonable Atheist, but I will Make Fun of You if You Make Assertions like these Without Backing Them Up With Evidence.

RAmen

2. profile image51

"physical laws, moral laws, societal laws, or all of it - is that the order we are talking about here"

Hi friend

We are discussing the whole life ,still life and the human life. Still life concerns the physical bodies. When still life evolved to botanical, animal, human life; as per the commandment of the Designer Creator; different properties were exhibited by this change. In human beigns the consciousness of different type generated; which is termd as soul or power or spirited. Human beings are therefore governed by additional laws called Ethical or Moral or Spiritual laws; and that is understandable. Is it not easy to understand?

Thanks

5. skyfire profile image81

Cause they assume things and then build stories around that question and only get answers that satisfies the theory around that question.

Atheist: How universe is formed ?
    Theist: who created universe ?

see, theist assumes that god exist or even think that there is personality behind every creation which is pure assumption and leads to answers which are in favor of assumption and pleases deluded mind.

1. profile image51

Hi friend skyfire

Athiests: how Universe is formed?
      Theists: how Universe is formed?

Atheists:how Universe is created?
      Theists: how Universe is created?

What is the difference there? They convey the same meaning or phenomenon with different words. That is all

Thanks

You don't read my post do you ?

No,they don't convey same meaning when we write "who created the universe" which theists often ask. Just because theist and atheist asks same question" how Universe is formed?" doesn't mean theist will satisfy with rational answer for it.Theist resort to answer that pleases his loneliness in this universe, that means he want creator to exist in the universe. This is what made you uncomfortable when atheists say "we humans are without any universal creator" and this tempts likes of you to attack atheists with this type of thread,by preaching islam and discarding skepticism.

1. profile image51

"This is what made you uncomfortable"

Hi friend skyfire

I am quite comfortable. You and all other Atheists may bring out your reasons in confusions and doubts. I don't mind. I will explain peacefully and comfortably.

Thanks

6. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I always back my athiest claims with logic reason and rationality.  Religion on the other hand has no founding rationality, reason or logic.

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I disagree. 
      Religion has rationality, reason & logic. 
      Faith does not. 
      Faith is to believe the rationality, reason & logic presented through the Bible within the system of Church.

You need to look up the words rationality, reason and logic. An invisible super being with a set of instructions in Arabic 1500 years ago?

lol lol lol

you may not agree with the format, but it's there.

BTW  - I accept that my Faith has no rationality, reason or logic.  It just is.  Just like many athiests believe the world was created by an accidental "big bang".

Rubbish. There is no rationality, reason or logic there whatsoever.

LOLOLOL

Really? Many atheists believe this? Many theists believe this as well. So therefore your ridiculous beliefs are OK because other people have beliefs? Not really understanding your argument. Oddly enough - it lacks rationality, reason and logic.

So - because you do not understand any science - you think people only believe anything by faith alone? Which is actually the same only different than reason?

1. profile image51

"because you do not understand any science"

Hi friend

Science is not a function of Atheists. It is common to everybody; the Religion or No-Religion. It has evolved in a natural way as designed by the Creator- God Allah YHWH. Every faith or no-faith has contributed to it. The Atheists assume that there is a system working in nature; that is why they want to explore it; otherwise there would be no science. If this assumption is correct; why not assume that the creator exists?

Thanks

System? What means this wurd?

Ass-umption of an invisible creator? Why not ass-ume this?

Easy answer - you.

2. profile image51

"Rubbish" "ridiculous"

Hi friend Mark Knowles

I think you were finished with your reasons and logical arguments; that propmpted you hiding behind those words "Rubbish" and "ridiculous".

Please don't hide behind such words. We expect soft and meaningful words from you.

Thanks

3. Rafini profile image81

I'm sorry, but I see no rationality, reason or logic to an accidental 'big bang' which would lead to the sudden and unexplained process of evolution.

I think my beliefs are more believable than your beliefs - and I'm sure you feel your beliefs are more believable than mine. 

These facts remain:  I believe in God.  You believe in Charles Darwin. 

I put my faith in Christ.  You put your faith in the first ape to 'evolve' into some kind of human form.

I learn from the Bible.  You learn from speculation.

To me, your sad situation is more laughable, yet I understand your faith is based on the Fear of not being in Control of your life, whereas  my faith gives me Control over my life.

LOL I believe in no one.  I don't believe in god and I certainly will argue that Yours doesn't exist. Learn? lol
                I pity you. sad

You just don't get it, do you?  It doesn't matter if you believe in God or not.  "Whatever will be, will be". 
                  I could pity you, too.  But I don't, because you made your choice and I made mine.  Its as simple as that.  Nobody can change your mind (except you, if you choose) and nobody can change my mind (except me if I choose)

No. I genuinely pity you. You are sad and pathetic. I suspect you never had the chance at a decent education and that is sad.

Too bad - religion is the easy answer though. I am sure your invisible friend is watching out for you. wink

2. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Faith-Grace-Peace are beyond logic/reason (consciousness), which is why it cannot be fully accepted, explained or understood.
            To accept such would admit logic is finite, self-ism futile and no one human smarter/more intelligent than another.

Oddly, the application (awareness) of faith-grace-peace interacts within logic/reason to express creativity, experience, sensation, etc (the optic or objective view).

Sadly - this argument boils down to:

"I want to make a statement that has no basis in reality that I cannot support using anything other than faith, but I am fed up with people pointing out this fact, so I think I will say that I have access to esoteric knowledge that they do not, and would never be able to comprehend even if they did.

Please give me money."

1. profile image0

actually, Mark, that is not an argument, only an observation.
                glad to see you still do not know the difference, yet. But you will. Everyone will at some point.

Would give you money, but then you would spent it and need more. jejeje.

BTW -how you feeling?

Seems like an argument to me.

Feeling good. Took a tumble on my bike at the weekend, but the bramble scratches are clearing up nicely.

I love the scenery here, but it is pretty hilly and I am a tad overweight from quiting smoking recently. big_smile

Oh well.......

1. profile image0

same happened to my buddy nick. He quit smoking and gained 30lbs. Why i vowed never to quit. LOL. Besides, whiskey and tobacco are great flavors together.

{ oops, am hijacking the thread }

2. profile image51

“Faith ,Grace, Peace”

Hi friend Twenty One Days

“Faith ,Grace, Peace” are the same type of words as "Atheists, Agnostics, Humanists, Skeptics" odd words only depicting their doubts and confusion.

I think you agree with me.

Thanks

1. profile image0

you think i do, is the problem. lol

7. skyfire profile image81

again biggest assumption without evidence that god created universe and actually exist.You don't seem to understand my post do you ?

First you assume god exist then hammer up with another assumptions, nice in fact advertising world prefers this type of brainwashing.

assumption 1 from you is god exist then assuming that there is no contradiction. ever heard of word "evidence" ?

really ? i wonder how you type on keyboard if there was no skepticism.

1. profile image51

"again biggest assumption without evidence that god created universe and actually exist."

Hi friend skyfire

It is the same type of assumption as you assume that you exist or the universe exists or your great grand parents existed. First you assume all these things and then you get set on probing it in confusion. Is it OK for you? Please explain. I don't think you won't explain.

Thanks

8. skyfire profile image81

Assumption again. Ever heard of word "proof" before making such sweeping statements like brother micah ?

9. skyfire profile image81

Try and disapprove big-bang if you think it's irrational.

10. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I believe that skepticism is what has allowed mankind to progress in many cases. For example, 100 years ago a theory that contagious diseases existed because of "bad air." The theory was in order to not catch many contagious diseases, one had to stay out of "bad air." But there were those who were skeptical and found that transference of bacteria and viruses is the cause of contagion.

The same is true with religion. In order to find truth and separate it out from superstition and false beliefs, one must be skeptical and question his/her own beliefs in order to arrive at truth. I don't think that one has to be skeptical of the same things their whole life through. But skepticism is healthy in deriving truth.

When you have sufficient answers of truth for yourself, there comes naturally a state of peace.

I don't think skepticism in and of itself it bad. I believe it has its place, just as dark has a place with light. We could not appreciate one without the other.

11. skyfire profile image81

Typical islamic way of approaching debate. I like it, brings back some memories.

My existence can be easily proved scientifically, now can you proceed to your proof of creator ? burden of proof is on you when you claim that your creator exist.

I don't assume my existence, you are replying to living human not some imaginary universal creator. care to explain where is my assumption for my own existence.

circular logic is trait of islamic preachers and that teaches me how to discard such shifting of "burden of proof". make a note of it.

12. skyfire profile image81

You don't understand do you ? Why you created thread to preach islam by discarding skepticism ? isn;t this your uncomfortable feeling against skepticism ? That too out of no evidence for your own claim indeed shows uncomfort.

1. profile image0

get `em skyfire.

13. skyfire profile image81

There is no penalty for assumption. But it gets into the area of delusion when people assume some imaginary friend exist and then they start relating it with their life and universe. If you assume something then present a theory+evidence to back it up before you claim something like "When still life evolved to botanical, animal, human life; as per the commandment of the Designer Creator".Without evidence this is Utter crap assumption isn't it ?

Besides that,WTF proves commandment of designer ? book written by god ?

1. profile image51

“Delusion, imaginary, Utter crap”

Hi friend skyfire

Please don't hide behind such words “Delusion, imaginary, Utter crap”. Please be ethical and use soft words with good reasons.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Mislim

14. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

lol

"soft and meaningful"??

Expect away!

Not likely to happen with Mark!

But then....somewhere someone (was it you paarsurrey?) said something about Muslim believing certain people were animals??

In which case, you've got the perfect religion for Mark, since he said he's an animal.

Brenda, Vatican disapproves evolution ?

2. profile image0

The Goat Star concept?! lol
      I had forgotten all about that.

3. profile image51

Hi friend Brenda Durham

If Mark said he is an animal; then that is why he did not get evolved to a human being; he must have devolved to animal. Animals don't speak except only a "voice" without mentioning any reason.

But I think Mark is only pretending behind the word "animal". If he used good and soft words, he could join the human beings; no compulsion however.

Thanks

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

Sorry, but I'm totally crackin' up here!

teehee

Mark, is that you???

1. srwnson profile image60
          srwnsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, are you agreeing with Ahmadi because of his faith or because of his, perhaps unintentional, insults to an Athiest?

1. profile image51

Hi friend srwnson

I don't have any blind faith in anybody;my faiths is based on reason, rationality and Word from the Creator. Most of the Atheists here have blind faith in un-necessary skepticism; that is why they always hide behind foul words.

I don't insult anybody personally.

Thanks

Hi friend Ahmadi

I didn’t say your faith was blind, actually you seem knowledgeable about your faith and that is admirable.

My question was directed at Brenda. Christians and Muslims are often at odds with each other.

All of us have reason to believe the way we do, including atheist. I am a Christian, I don’t explain it nor I feel the need to defend that decision.

Thanks

2. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't agreeing with him at all!
            The Muslim "Allah" isn't God.

I was simply laughing at the hilarious repetition in paarsurrey's posts and the funny other parts of his post AND it occurred to me that possibly he's one and the same as Mark....
            Not accusing; just found it hilarious and quite coincidental.

Seriously, who talks like that??

I see your point.

2. Hokey profile image60

To them Allah is as much God as Jesus to is to you.

3. profile image51

Hi friend brenda

You don't have to agree with me necessarily. I don't mind.

Thanks

4. thisisoli profile image70
              thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Muslim God is the same as the Christian God, it is only the prophets which differ the religions.

1. profile image51

Hi friend thisisoli

I agree with you.

Thanks

2. profile image51

Hi friend Brenda Durham

I don't think Mark will ever come to reason; if he comes here you would see he would speak still more foul words; he is perhaps accustomed to hiding behind bad words. Of course if he has joined the human beings speaking of reason; then he is welcome.

Thanks

15. skyfire profile image81

Who hides behind words? they're just to make a point. Man, are you afraid of words ?

16. skyfire profile image81

I just love trolls who hide behind this fox skin of Mr wanna-be goody goody.

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Wake up Brenda! Those of us who have been here longer know who this is. It certainly is not Mark.
    Why do you keep thinking every sock puppet is Mark?

1. Hokey profile image60

Maybe it's love.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Could be hate too, you know love and hate. Some people love to hate! smile

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's called 'paranoia'. lol

18. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 14 years ago

Seems there's alot of tension in these religous thereds. HI I'm Teri

1. profile image51

Hi friend luvpassion

There is no tension; we are just discussing things to find out the Truth. You may express your opinion freely.

Thanks

1. luvpassion profile image62
        luvpassionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Skepticism cannot create a system for life; it is for this that Atheists have existed though yet they could never establish rule or goverment in any part of the World to set an example for others. If they did , they failed miserably; they were so cruel that they did not own it afterwards. I think you agree with me. Don't you?"

Your words Mr. Ahmadi, this statement does not aree with your reply to me about seeking truth. To find the truth one should not write a statement or belief and then ask for agreement. To seek truth we must ask and be open to opinion...don’t you agree? Just my opinion,.

1. profile image51

Hi friend luvpassion

I respect you; that is why we are discussing things to find the Truth.

Thanks

2. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend luvpassion

I agree with your above words.

Thanks

1. profile image0
            crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then why do you not practice what you preach?

1. profile image51
              paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend crmhaske

First of all; I don't preach; I only express what I believe and I am conviced with to be Truthful. Then I am open rather all ears for others to express themselves. I think it is a positive and rational approach.

Thanks

19. profile image51

Hi friends

"Skepticism cannot create a system for life"

They can only confuse the issues;might be it is in the phsyche they cannot resist. They should become positive in their approach to life.

Thanks

20. profile image51

Skepticism cannot create a system for life.

Did they?

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image62

Yes. It is called secular humanism. And on balance it has done quite nicely, thank you; probably, on balance, better than Islam

1. DevLin profile image60
        DevLinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No converting of others, no selling of blind faith, just humans getting along. not many wars start that way.

2. profile image51

What is of a sytem in Secular Humanism?

Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)