FINALLY!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (33 posts)
  1. TheGlassSpider profile image63
    TheGlassSpiderposted 13 years ago

I just finished the semester from hell!! Thank goodness!! I thought it would never end.

*breathes a huge sigh of relief* Two week break...yay!!

1. K Partin profile image61
      K Partinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, what's your major? smile

TheGlassSpiderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm going for my Masters in Counseling smile About a year left to go. This upcoming year is full of my practical work...so less busy work and more hands-on experience with clients...

Okay, it won't be HANDS-ON...it's generally desirable to keep one's hands to themself when dealing with therapy...BUt you get my drift. wink

Very good! Yes you don't want Roman hands and Russian fingers! lol  Good luck!

Exactly!

Thanks for the well wishes, I'll need them. In all reality, the hardest year is ahead. LOL I'm really celebrating having completed all my requirements to be able to practice under supervision. Next year it will be actual families in chairs and me saying, "oh my god, please help me not screw these people up anymore than they already are..." LOL

lol lol

2. yoshi97 profile image56
          yoshi97posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeppers ... it's not like your studying to be an anesthesiologist smile

LMAO...Exactly! lol

2. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

congratulations...

2. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!  Always a good thing to have some time off from school. smile

I love school...but this semester so many other things have been going on that the homework has been a major strain on my nerves...LOL. I've never been so glad to see a semester end.

3. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 13 years ago

Congratulations Spidey x

Hope you enjoy your holiday xxx smile

Thanks! I'll still be working...but it will be LIKE a vacation.

XOXOXO

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Therapy, huh? Great! Many of us hubbers can keep you busy! lol

Yup! Trying to spread healing to the world one person/family at a time. big_smile

5. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Way to go Spidey. You're gonna be in my field, though I don't hold a Masters. I don't wanna counsel the same people each week. I'd rather go in when it's a crisis and deal with the drama, then I'm through & on to the next one.

Thanks! I've been in mental health in other capacities for many years. I don't know for sure that I will be counseling the same people each week. The Master's is what really opens up the field to a LOT of different opportunities. In the meantime, my writing career is moving along...and I'm feeling the tug of the third world...I may end up doing some work there...who knows!?

6. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Congrats, though!!

We have students coming in to do their practicum at work.

7. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 13 years ago

I went to a therapist once. By the end of the session I was sitting in the chair and he was laying on the couch.

roll

LOL...That means you were doing a good job! wink

2. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too funny, Sam!!

8. profile image0
    getmybackposted 13 years ago

Way To Go!!!!!

Hey thanks! I've been meaning to follow you. I've been enjoying what you have to say in the forums...Need to go check out your Hubs while I'm thinking about it...

9. PackSecure profile image59
    PackSecureposted 13 years ago

Grats, grats, grats.

smile

10. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

My experience is that the practical is mostly about what you learn coupled with your personality, you will do fine in your practical year without a doubt ! smile

Hey thanks, AP...I really appreciate you saying so. I'm nervous! But I've done some practical work, and when it comes down to being in the chair and "doing therapy," (haha) I can "get in the zone" ... which really just means...connecting (to put it succinctly). It's good stuff. I love people.

11. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Congrats and enjoy your break! Getting breaks when you're in school is one of those things I missed when I started working smile.

Thanks! Nothing like those summer breaks is there? I miss those too. This will be about 2.5 weeks. A very welcome break. I swear, I've been working and going to school at the same time for so long now (since HS), I think the rest of my life will feel like a vacation once I graduate.

And to think...some of my teachers are encouraging me to get the Ph.D...*shudder*

1. Cris A profile image58
        Cris Aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Things can only get better for you spidey! I mean what could be worse than hell? cool

LOL you're right! Hell, things *are* pretty good. This semester just seemed to drag on and on and on...LOL

12. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 13 years ago

Congrats!! Just think about the cash flow you'll have once you get out and get a good job.. That's enough to motivate anyone! big_smile

So anyways, when I was three, I planted some bird seed.  A bird grew up and I didn't know what to do with it.  Later on, I saw a sign that said, "Pet Supplies", so I did.  Then I went outside and saw a sign that said, "Compact Cars." Well.. 

I think it all started when my mother dropped me at a very young age.. Is there any help for me? tongue

Keep pluggin' away, you'll get 'er all done before you know it!

The people who require my services the most are probably those who have the least means with which to pay me. I expect, and fully accept, that I will most likely be in debt until I die.

*shrugs* You can't take it with you...the money OR the debt wink

Life is better when you're giving.

ETA: There's all kinds of hope for you.

ETA: Which is not to say that I won't make money/pay loans if I have the chance wink

13. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 13 years ago

Congrats, spider.  I remember what a huge relief that was while I was in school.  Nicely done.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)