The “Evolution”: Mark Knowles and others

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (51 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/40393

Hi friends

“Adam” was evolved in millions of years; he was the first among the humans with whom the Creator- God Allah YHWH talked with directly.  “Adam”; being born spiritually is the Creation of Adam or creation of the era of human beings, ethically, morally and spiritually.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice try at justifying your interpretation of whatever book you've been reading. You're too funny!

2. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sweeping statements and no proof. duh..

1. Dan Smith profile image60
        Dan Smithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't the problem that neither creation or evolution have proof? 

Evolution explains diversity, but gives no explanation of how basic amino acids formed living organisms.  Current theories include lightning strikes or an extraterrestrial event.  Is belief of an extraterrestrial event so much better than belief in God?

I don't try to reconcile the two.  Evolution, while an outstanding theory, does have some holes.  Eventually these holes may be filled in, but until then it is incomplete.

Creationism will never be more than story.  I'm not saying discount it or the beliefs of millions people.  I'm just saying you'll never get a shred of proof for it.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, that is another theory altogether; abiogenesis.   

They are almost equally implausible, except for the fact that intelligent aliens existing is plausible.

What holes, exactly?

1. marinealways24 profile image59
            marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The ones that scientist haven't come to terms with that evolution is designed by conscious reactions down to the cellular level.

Huh?

The hole of evolution. big_smile

Huh, huh?

Yes! Evolution is solved more. big_smile

2. Dan Smith profile image60

Ah, intelligent design.  I was wondering when that would come up.  It's really creationism.  If you argue God spontaneously created life or orchestrated it and allowed things to happen (sort of a deterministic view), you are still arguing God.

Sounds like a faithful interpretation to me.

2. Dan Smith profile image60

ok, if you want to say abiogensis is separate from evolution, then is your argument that evolution itself is an entirely complete theory?

Even if we go by your guidelines, are creation and evolution at odds?  Even the most staunch Christian acknowledges that animals evolve, even during recent history.  For example moths have darkened over several generations due to tree bark darkening from industrial pollution.  Darker moths are hidden better on dark tree bark and thus less likely to eaten by a predator. 

Or is it really abiogensis and creation that is being debated here?  Is a rose by any other name still a rose?

Whatever you want to call the theory, neither creation or evolution/ abiogensis give a satisfactory explanation of the origin of life.

Not complete, per se, there is still much to learn.

They have been forced to change their ideals in the face of hard facts. You'll find many Christians here and elsewhere who refuse to accept those facts, despite some halfhearted acknowledgment.

Perhaps, that is part of the problem here, in that you're not satisfied with those answers and simply favor creationism based on your belief system. In other words, the so called acknowledgment you referred earlier is just lip service. smile

Hmm, I would say I favor evolution.  Merely pointing out that neither argument is complete does not equate to choosing creation over evolution.

Evolution does have evidence to support it claims while creationism has no evidence.  But, I'm still not willing to dismiss another persons or groups beliefs in God because I personally favor evolution.

Where I work the primary religions of employees is Islam and Hindu.  I admire the willpower exercised by muslims during the month of Ramadan.  It was in August last year and from sun up to sun down no food OR WATER passes their lips.  These guys play league tennis in August in the south and do not drink water.  Health concerns aside, that's strength and character.  Most people are so focused on self gratification, atheist or christian, that the idea of fasting like that is inconceivable.

I gotta say, I'll listen to someone who has that kind of strength.

That's gotta be hard on the body. I would suspect the fasting is connected to the delirium they experience from starving themselves, makes it easier to indoctrinate. Isn't that how cults work? smile

I think cults do use fasting and protein deprivation.  And most religions border on cult like behavior.

However, it the case of Ramadan, Muslims eat breakfast before sunrise and they eat another meal after dark.  So, essentially the fasting is just skipping lunch.  You won't get protein deprivation from just skipping lunch. 

The hard part is not drinking water in Atlanta in August.  I don't think the lack of water aids brain washing.

Again, probably ridiculously bad for your health.  But I do admire the will power and discipline.

2. profile image51
                  paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Dan Smith

Thanks for appreciating Islam/Quran/Muhammad and their peaceful and natural teachings.

Regards

3. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So what happened with his DNA?

It went down the drain, it seems ! LOL

You're one hell of example !

lol

2. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

You're definitely pushing it now.....

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

lollol

4. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 14 years ago

I don't get it...

1. profile image51

Hi friend princess g

What is that you don't understand? Please

Thanks

5. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Usmanali - your ignorance is astounding. It must be the plutonium......

1. Obscurely Diverse profile image61
      Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  I agree!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He has thus far refrained from blaming everything on Freemasons.

Has he been reborn?

6. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

There is no empirical evidence for any "extraterrestrial event" behind evolution. I think you're referring to RAELians belief for evolution and formation of universe. So i disagree with it. As for God, it's one-new-story per square meter per theist,so i don't subscribe to such thoughts without proof.

7. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I think the evidence for God is all around us, everywhere you look, but I don't think mankind's idea or understanding of God, what and who he/she/it is, is close to correct.

I don't see it. Please direct me where you see all of this evidence for god existence, I only see nature. smile

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What created nature? If other life forms created it, then who created them? If Amino Acids have been found to create live organisms, who or what created those? What creates oxygen and when did it form? What created the air? I am not being sarcastic but I do have unanswered questions and I am looking for more knowledge. smile

Hey AEvans,

Please check out my hub? smile

It's related directly to your unanswered questions.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Unanswered- … -Now-Found

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Nobody created anything, where would you get such an idea? The universe and everything in it all came about on it's own with no help from anyone.

If you really wanted to know how it all came about on it's own, there are mountains of evidence to show you. Easy peasy. smile

3. Dan Smith profile image60

From a deterministic point of view, amino acids arose because of the 4 basic forces that came into existence during the big bang.  These four forces allowed the possibility of amino acids.  The 4 forces are gravity, electro-magnetic, weak nuclear and strong nuclear.  Although I believe electro-magnetic and weak nuclear have been combined into a single force, and Stephen Hawking is seeking unify all 3/4 into a single force.

Hydrogen atoms also came into existence during the big bang.  Due to gravity, clouds of hydrogen gas formed.  The gravity of the cloud increased, pulled in more hydrogen and kept going in this cycle until there was enough pressure to ignite the first stars.

The stars fused hydrogen into helium, and helium into other atoms and so on until iron is created.  Thus, all elements came from the fusion occurring in stars.

Eventually, these atoms combined into molecules.  Some of these molecules were amino acids.  This is how you wind up with amino acids.

How amino acids became living organisms is a step that no one has an answer to yet.

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

spot on. smile

8. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

I call this image "Guess Who is Looking for Forum Topics?"

http://blog.mlive.com/bradosphere/2007/09/large_head_up_your_ass.jpg

1. Obscure Divine profile image59
      Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a very prominent depiction that represents many people I have met, thus far......  LOL!  big_smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's always the subtlety about you that's so endearing, Greek.
      lol

9. AboveDaCloudz profile image60
    AboveDaCloudzposted 14 years ago

Another good question is, What is the meaning of life?

What is the meaning of life?

Are you seriously asking that question? hmm

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cags!  I noticed that you only need 10 more hubbers to reach 500!!!

Hooray.  That is really awesome.smile

Hey IE, how are you today? Yeah, I noticed that too, but if you look at my profile page, you'll see that I actually only have 488. Thank you. smile

10. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Paar you're not helping. You're just giving the atheists, skeptics and liberals more ammo! They make up plenty nonsense without your help!smile

1. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Says who ? Mormon ? wink

11. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

So........., I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim is Debbie Dearest. 

And the list grows.

Liar, Plagarist and now socket puppet!tongue

12. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Confusing....  By the title of the thread are you putting down Mark Knowles?  If so, it is wrong and should not be allowed on HubPages.  Mark and I have butted heads many a times, but it's no reason to put each other on public display as a topic of threads. 

Son, please, you are defacing your own signature as "peaceful."  I'm trying to help you.  Stop, and be sensitive to others.  As one who professes to know the inner workings of the Almighty you should know the vital need of exercising tolerance and understanding.

Take the higher ground and live up to those standards.

Smile smile

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don'tget it. What we are supposed to do in this thread: throw at each other scientific terminology or call each other names? Boring...
      By the way, the meaning of life is life per se - nothing else.
      And if you are not stupid - don't squander it, live it.

13. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Peaceful to who?

Qur’an 8:60 “Prepare against them (non-Muslims) whatever arms and cavalry you can muster that you may strike terror in the enemies of Allah (non-Muslims), and others besides them not known to you. Whatever you spend in Allah’s Cause will be repaid in full, and no wrong will be done to you.”

Your sick little book is about fear, hate and loathing! lol

1. Obscure Divine profile image59
      Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

...don't forget those sexy, fresh, rewarding virgins!  Praise be Allah!  Woot-woot!   tongue

2. profile image51

Hi friend earnestshub

Please quote the verse again with the context which is at least five verses preceding and five verses folloing and then establish your viewpoint. You will understand the true meaning.

Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)