Google chrome take on Microsoft IE.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)
  1. netcrawl profile image60
    netcrawlposted 15 years ago

who gonna win the web war: Google or Microsoft. Google new and only browser, chrome hits the web center stage.  Is this for real? What exactly chrome got?

1. guidebaba profile image56
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Chrome needs Lots of improvement. I used it the First day of release and things got messed up with my passwords.

As for now IE is the Best and second is Firefox.

2. Project Mobius profile image59
    Project Mobiusposted 15 years ago

sorry to say Chrome got nothing to compete in the browser war, after what i've tested. IE8 Beta was junk as well full of bugs and you can't view more than 50% of the webpages now with it either. Lucky there's an option "Compatible View" that will let you view the page just like in IE7, but that's annoying because you have to click it for every instance of IE you open if you want to use it

3. Junkster profile image61
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

I installed both around the same time, just to see if either could tempt me away from Firefox and I have to say I love Chrome, the tab management and the underlying goings-on ensures it doesn't crash the whole session.

IE8 is sluggish, complicated and even the compatability mode does nothing.  Last night was the last straw when all flash vide sites were without sound only in IE8, I know it's beta but I can't help but think it was rushed to compete with the recent FF3 and Chrome.

Now I have FF3 for work, Chrome for at home and IE for when some sites like Paypal don't recognize Chrome.

4. dingdong profile image57
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

Chrome sucks being a beta big_smile

5. Junkster profile image61

I admit Chrome seems like they turned the Google Simplify engine up to 11 but that's all I want at home.  I don't see how people can think IE is better than Firefox, page rendering times are horrendous with IE8, in fact a good proportion of pages refuse to load outright before the program's even tried rendering.  I don't expect to have to hit F5 every time I open a new link in a tab/window. 

The main difference between IE7 and IE8 seems to be they've made it clunkier, slower and buggier.  I know it's beta and Microsoft's beta often have a lot of bugs but I guess I'll give it as much a chance as people have given Chrome on here! smile

I can definitely see me using Chrome full time once they get the teething problems sorted, when it boils down to it I expect Google to have hiccups on it's first time (like how everyone was quick to give apple plenty of leniency when they released the iPhone, a phone three years behind the competition) but Microsoft's IE team basically made *the* home internet browser, they should know how to make something lightweight and quick by now.

6. profile image48
    Donna18posted 15 years ago

Sorry to say but Google chrome is way behind Microsoft IE. Still Many years are required to catch up Microsoft web browser. Many internet user are still unaware of this latest web browser.

7. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

At the present time, Chrome is too new to really use, but its way better than IE8, that's way to slow and buggy. Get the latest version of firefox (3.1 beta) to see what the best is, its so much faster than anything else, (even firefox 3.0.2)

There is one thing you should remember about Google Chrome, in theory its the basis for a Google open source operating system. There will be many interesting developments over the next few years thanks to android, chrome and gears and with the resources and cash google have, they are likely to take some huge chucks out of IE users and Firefox users.

8. Junkster profile image61

They're some important points there WhoArtNow, I agree that Google are definitely one to watch, and I think I heard somewhere that in general most IE users haven't heard of Chrome (even Firefox) and so haven't made a change for the better.

At least now Chrome is recognized by Paypal so I have one less reason to still use IE, I've rolled back to IE7 as IE8 was a joke.  There have been a few extensions for Firefox that I've used and so now my browser usage is mainly Chrome then Firefox for some pages.

Bottom line is that for the majority of not so computer literate people Google Chrome is simplified and perfect for their usage, if only they'd learn that there is more than just the browser that came with their machine, same with Safari (although every Apple user I know uses Firefox anyway)

9. Junkster profile image61

What was the point in that spam roseeda?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)