Whats the best Wrinkle Cream you've ever used?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Southern Belle profile image61
    Southern Belleposted 14 years ago

Hey guys just wondering what product is tried and true. Money is tight, but wrinkles must be gone!

1. rsmallory profile image67
      rsmalloryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

absolutely love Avon's new Reversalist in the red container. I have been using it for about a month now.

2. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha...what a gross thread!...no offense, but gross!

1. drej2522 profile image68

I could just see the next topic...what kind of toliet paper do you use? Response: Well, I use 'Charmin' for my crusty ass!..it's soft!

3. esstat17 profile image62
      esstat17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is great conversation keep up more insightful

4. Edda McIver profile image60
      Edda McIverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have used for many years L'Occitane Precious Cream. Fantastic product based on essential oil. Absolutely worth to try it!

5. Cosmetics-Guru profile image59
      Cosmetics-Guruposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love your question, "Whats the best Wrinkle Cream you've ever used?"

As a cosmetics formulator, I know what goes into the majority of skin creams on the market.  Even though some companies put a few fantastic ingredients in their products, the minor ingredients are what will destroy your complexion sooner or later.

If someone was to offer you a glass of water with 99.9% pure water, but a fraction of arsenic, would you drink it?  Of course not! It may quench your thirst at first, but as the arsenic builds up in your body after multiple times, your body will suffer the consequences.

The same holds true with cosmetics, the best anti wrinkle cream will have no harmful ingredients, such as mineral oil, propylene glycol, formaldehyde, and emulsifying waxes.

Would love to recommend a certain cosmetics to you, but we can't promote any product in one way or the other in this forum.
      Please find me if you would like more help.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

Clarins super restorative products, love them, can't afford them now, but they are the best I have found.

now using Olay regenerist which is great also, but I prefer clarins. maybe I'll ask santa this year. big_smile

3. Raicreations profile image59
    Raicreationsposted 14 years ago

I have been using milk of magnesia, after cleansing at night dab a little on the face and leave for 10 minutes, later I appy carrot oil and massage in really well.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yuck! Thats one way to deny sex.

4. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Starch, cream gums up the iron.

Oops, walked in the wrong door

5. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Avon Anew Clinical: Line & Wrinkle Corrector.

Another good one is Emu Oil.

6. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Avon Anew Clinical: Line & Wrinkle Corrector.

Another good one is Emu Oil.

7. TINA V profile image69
    TINA Vposted 14 years ago

Loreal, The Body Shop, Avon, and Olay are all good brands.  It will also depend how sensitive is your skin.  There are testers that you could also try before you buy it. For The Body Shop products, there are sales associates who could assist you.  Have a great weekend!

8. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

Im lucky to have not wrinkeled yet, but I have some I studied on and made for a woman and now she swears by it, unfortunatly it is not marketed in stores, so I guess it was useless for me to even post this..sorry

9. Southern Belle profile image61
    Southern Belleposted 14 years ago

Oh hi hater! must be drinking a lot of hatorade tonight!
    What are You doing on the fashion and beauty forum anyways... go troll some other forum for someone who cares what you think-
    jack ass!

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is a butt! I was serious.

2. drej2522 profile image68

I am not a hater or a butt. I just thought it was funny.

10. Gabriella D'Anton profile image60
    Gabriella D'Antonposted 14 years ago

After 30 years in the skin care business I can tell you this:

If you already have wrinkles, enjoy them! No cream will ever erase wrinkles, no matter how much they cost or whatever miracles they promise people. Short of deep peels, derma fillers and face lift, Nothing Works, so stop agonizing. A good moisturizer will temporary soften the superficial lines caused by dehydration (which may turn into wrinkles later. You may want to read some of my hubs about skin care

11. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

A nightly oil massage will ease them - I use oil to take off my makeup anyway so it's a two-fer. Also, drink plenty of water - that's the best thing you can do for your skin, from the inside out always does more than external stuff smile

12. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I have found that emu oil mixed with a sweet patchouli oil and rose extract softens the skin and has reduced wrinkles on many people I know..

Its worth a try...

13. Mocha Momma profile image61
    Mocha Mommaposted 14 years ago

Interesting topic, I've never used wrinkle cream, my mother's never used it, and my grandmother's never used it...  My mom is 52 and doesn't have a wrinkle on her face, my grandmother passed away, no wrinkles when she passed (living she had a maybe a very slight crinkle at the crease of her eyes), she was in her 70s.

We keep our skin moisturized and protected.  Since your skin eats, I would use a natural moisturizer that has a natural sunscreen in it to protect your skin from pre-mature aging.  That's what I use.

14. Gabriella D'Anton profile image60
    Gabriella D'Antonposted 14 years ago

You are right Mocha and heredity is very important in the way age will affect the skin (what the cosmetic industry will have you believe is that thye secret is in the way you take care of your skin). That is also important, but only half the truth.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)