What does it take to get banned ?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (35 posts)
  1. starme77 profile image78
    starme77posted 13 years ago

I asked a question about getting help with an abusive child and didnt say anything to threaten anyone -  - but I got banned ? I get chased around the forums by some weird chick that insists on pushing her opinions on me - I ask her to go away - she threatens to react to me in bad ways and she still hangs out in the forums - what gives? I dont get it - what does it take to get banned ? someone just hitting the button or what?

1. Hub Llama profile image65
      Hub Llamaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Banned from what?

Since you are posting here, I'm assuming you aren't banned here.

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

first ban typicaly is from the forums for 3 days.

Starme, you should have gotten an email, with a link to the "offending comment". email the HP admin maybe?

starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

it just started at the beginning of the thread - so I cant figure it out

1. profile image0

I would suggest an email. to them or me. I dont want to get banned.

2. profile image0
            Norah Caseyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello Starme77,

We sent you an email at 3:05 on Wednesday regarding your 1 day ban. I'll repost what was sent to you, in case you didn't get it.

You have received a one-day forum ban for this post: (link)

In the future, please ignore hubbers who you do not get along with. We cannot keep certain hubbers from commenting in a public forum. If you feel the content of the response is a personal attack or if you feel you are the victim of persistent harassment, please flag the post or send us an email and we will review the situation.

If you have a question about our moderating decision, it is best to email us directly rather than create a thread on the topic in the forums.

2. starme77 profile image78

I got banned for 1 day from the forums - that was yesterday

2. profile image0

that button pushing, or asking questions in the forums about getting banned...

not sure - cant figure out why I got banned

3. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this
      1. profile image0

most likely...but thats a mess!!! I can see.at a quick glance, at least 2 other people who could have been banned had the button been pushed.

Hey tantrum.  wink back to "the eye"?

1. tantrum profile image59

Yeah! Time for everyone to open their eyes lol

1. profile image0

lol

ok, Im about out of here, maybe. Ive got sick kids so Im up late.....

Sorry about the sick kids.I hope it's nothing serious .

1. profile image0

nah, typical late night puking and fever stuff

1. profile image0

should be all better by tomorrow.   smile

2. tantrum profile image59

Good then! they'll be fine in a couple of days !

1. profile image0

prolly by the am, they will be all hungry and stuff and Ill be all....but I was up all night on hubpages!  lol

2. tantrum profile image59

I Don't see who else could have get banned ! Nobody was as aggressive as the people involved in there.

1. profile image0

I meant the peeps in there?

Im bad at typing.

I saw nothing of starme and 2 other people being flat out nasty, is what I meant. Based on that link.

Well it seems somebody saw something, as she was banned.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's a personal attack, but it's a mild one - which is probably why the ban was only a day.  Usually your first ban would be 3 days. 

A ban is often about ensuring people have time to calm down before a disagreement escalates into an all-out war.

However, if you want to know why you were banned, the sensible thing would be to reply to the notification email and ask why.  Coming on to the forums to ask, seems like attention-seeking.

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What's wrong with attention-seeking, Marisa? Isn't every post on forums seeking others attention?

4. formerbronxboy profile image59
      formerbronxboyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

starme,

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Justine and Starme, What's up ladies?

Sorry to hear about the 1 day ban, but why worry about it. It was one day. This thread could end up getting you more, unless we hijack it smile

1. profile image0

hi-jack it is!!! its what I do ya know?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No problem here. smile wink

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

That post wouldn't get an ant stepped on. Just read it and there is not anything worth banning someone over. The only thing I could derive from it, was that HubPages banned both for one day, to let cooler heads prevail.

Otherwise, nothing really.

Okay, on to better topics....I hope you are doing okay Starme? smile

4. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

so you never received an email with a link to an offending post?  weird.

(yes, I've had pets and I know pets can be calming.  but like I said, I didn't get it.  not intending to be insulting or anything like that, but whenever I hear abusive and animals together I think jeffrey dahmer)

Hope you get things for your family sorted out. smile

Rafini - no offense , but I wonder how much you scan and how much you actually read before you make your assumptions, I would never put an animal in harms way o.k , no animal was abused in any way , I got my kid a rabbit because I know my kid and I know he has love in him - he is simply confused and scared and messed up on top of being a normal teenager with all of the confusion that it entails, in order to help have a balance - in order to help him to be calm and to bring out the loving nature that is deep inside him - and guess what - it worked - that little girl bunny - he named her Daisy and instead of talking of his problems on the way to school he talks about Daisy - its apparent to me that this little Rabbit is helping my sons mental stability  - even if it  the rabbit isnt fixing it completly - it is helpiing and any bit of help is better than none

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile  I'm glad it worked.

I just want to repeat, I didn't get it and I didn't intend to offend.  I wasn't making an assumption, it's just the way my mind works.   Sorry if I upset you.

you didnt upset me - I am really terrible at talking but good at expressing through writing - but sometimes - when I am upset I am terrible at both ,  so I hope to have not offended you smile cheers smile and have a great day!

5. Glimmer515 profile image61
    Glimmer515posted 13 years ago

I know i got banned once for promoting my hub in a forum, but thats when i had just started so i didnt know i couldnt do it

6. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 13 years ago

I got banned for using a slang name for the male member and didn't receive an explanation for 3 days.  I do most of my writing over at Worldvillage and other places now instead.

7. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

been banned too, deservingly so, I should have walked

I'm just glad its over for you and your back

big_smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)