Female Feedback Needed

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (27 posts)
  1. BoutOurBizness profile image58
    BoutOurBiznessposted 13 years ago

Ladies, is your lipgloss a must-have in your pocketbook before you dash out of the house or your car? What exotic colors would you like to wear as a lipgloss ? Would you purchase a really great lipgloss in different colors for $2.50 ? With today's fashions changing on a daily basis, lipgloss always remains a necessary female accessory. Females bring attention to their lips with color. Lipgloss allows you to play with colors and textures of different glosses. My sister and I have never been full makeup lovers. It is always fun though to mix and match youe eyeshadow with your favorite lipgloss. Women love to bring attention to their lips. Some women even use lip gloss with lip plumpers. Lipgloss is a must in a nightclub and they are small and convient enough to carry.I find it very exciting to match your eyeshadow with you nail color or even colors that are incorporated with your clothing or accessories. I hope you are able to answer my questions and I look forward to your responses!

Thank you,

LaToya

1. Pandoras Box profile image59
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

See, lol. I saw the title and I went "Oh, I'm a female!" LOL

But no. No, guess not so much. They'll be along, I suppose.

Good luck BoutYourBizness, LaToya.

2. Jackie D talent profile image58
      Jackie D talentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm I work as a model so I spend a fortune on lipgloss but i wear a lot of blues and purples and always use a nude colour to go over a quality plumping lipstick

2. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I wear the color lipstick that looks best on me and pretty much only deviate the slightest bit under certain dress-up situations.  I don't wear lip gloss at all because I wear the lipstick.  From the time I was a kid I've always gone with whatever looks best on me.   I do the same with eye make-up and other make-up  (what looks best on me and goes OK enough with any other shades I use).  For me, if I wear the "right" shades, they don't need to change with my outfits because I buy clothes in colors that also look best on me.  In other words, my make-up and I come first; and the color outfit follows.

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years ago

I often wear lipstick, but I think lip gloss looks revolting - like a slug has trailed across your mouth.  Euwch! smile

1. Ashes143 profile image58
      Ashes143posted 13 years agoin reply to this

All lipgloss is not the same nor does it look the same on everyone or in every brand. Don't write something off till you know everything there is to know about it. You may actually like one you haven't tried but you will never know. Also, if you or someone you have seen with lipgloss on put too much on--that could be the problem. I think that if all lipgloss applied correctly looked like slugs, it wouldn't be a part of every makeup artist's collection along with females makeup bags everywhere. And I am a makeup artist, and yes some can suck big time, but not a majority.

4. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 13 years ago

You are really going to make lipgloss for children?

I find a sheer chapstick preferable to lip gloss. Lipglosses end up feeling sticky and wear off quickly

5. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I'm addicted to lip gloss but ONLY use one brand and this is why I'm addicted....it's amazing and minty making my lips perky and freshing every moment I use it.

It's Ultra Mentha Lip Shine and I pay $7.50 a tube and have at least 6 tubs on hand ALL the time....

I love it!  smile

6. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I have found that woman's application of lipgloss can servce as an effective lubricant during certain situations

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

was wondering if you'd have some input....

1. deosfluviatilis profile image73
        deosfluviatilisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My guess would be only after the lipgloss was applied.

1. Greek One profile image64
          Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

haha!

2. Anath profile image61
      Anathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I need to remember that, I often have lip gloss and lip moisturizers in my handbags!

7. susanlang profile image58
    susanlangposted 13 years ago

I'm not touching those last posts. Ha!  I will say I wear a lipstick for some events. Like when I'm doing a tv news interview in Connecticut. Or I'm asked to do a radio talk show. And sometimes when I'm interviewed by a reporter for a newspaper story. smile

8. Miriclaire profile image60
    Miriclaireposted 13 years ago

People still wear lip gloss?

9. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

lip gloss is so unimportant.  However, if I did wear it I would definitely buy for $2.50 as long as it's not tested on animals, wasn't manufactured by children in a foreign country, and wasn't sold to me by an over-zealous salesperson.

I do wear lipstick occasionally, but seriously?  Fashion and beauty are highly over-rated.

10. Deborah Demander profile image89
    Deborah Demanderposted 13 years ago

I realized as a read through your question, I am the wrong kind of female. I'm more of a hippy/cowgirl than a pretty girl. Sorry to say, chapstick is my go to. I do like the tinted ones, though if they carry too obnoxious a tint, I stick with cherry.
    Namaste.

11. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the tip, Greek One! lol

1. writerjay profile image67
      writerjayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I prefer lipgloss to lipstick, but I don't like cheap $2.50. They don't last, and they look slimy.  A good lipgloss will give a slight shine, and doesn't dry out either.

12. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

The OP sounds more like an advertisement than a question.

Personally, I'm with Deborah Demander and stick mainly to chapstick. I wear lipgloss about twice a year and cannot remember ever wearing eyeshadow in my life, let alone attempting to match the two!

1. wychic profile image85
      wychicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I'll have to join this club too...I remember wearing lip gloss when I was like 5 or 6 because my sister had one that tasted good, but other than that....then again, I don't wear any makeup either, unless I'm sunburned and don't want to look like a boiled crab then I'll wear a little foundation. I do wear chapstick, even apply it several times a day and almost constantly during the winter...but then, I live in a desert state that has some extremes of weather that lips don't really like, so it's more of a self-preservation than a beauty thing. I actually know several people who have permanent scars from badly split lips because they weren't wearing enough chapstick.

13. ahostagesituation profile image79
    ahostagesituationposted 13 years ago

Lip Gloss yes, $2.50 no. I'd probably bypass it for a more expensive one that stayed on, and didn't smell like teenage awkwardness.  But I'd try anything once on a recommendation that I trusted.  Best with your business!

14. profile image52
    jayakolposted 13 years ago

My favorite is strawberry—it is so yummy!!smile

15. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 13 years ago

dont wear lipgloss just my favorite lipstick !

16. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I am such a tomboy compared to you women, I don't wear lipstick, lipgloss, only the occasional vitamin E stick in the winter months.

17. AuntySa profile image59
    AuntySaposted 13 years ago

I think lipgloss is a good addition to ladies' make-up. As for now, there are many types of lipgloss that will surely make you pretty. You just have to make sure that you choose the one that suits a certain occasion or maybe something that matches your style.

18. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Nah, only my Burts Bees will do.  Moisturizes my lips so they're healthy -- which gives them a natural red and fullness.  No gooey, sticky stuff!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)