What do people in here crave to hear about in the forum?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (74 posts)
  1. SamurWriter profile image55
    SamurWriterposted 15 years ago

I'm a little confused as to what exactly people in the hubbers hangout want to talk about. I've posted topics on many areas but never seem to hit that topic that everyone is interrested in so I'm curious if you guys could give me a clue as to what it is that everyone wants to talk about in here... (then maybe I won't bring up the wrong topics) i.e. is it about hubs? personal issues? the latest media craze?

I'm honestly trying to figure out what is concidered "on topic" in here. I know its the off topic room but it does seem to have a theme of some sort but I'm not sure what it is... I love starting conversations but maybe I'm not approching you guys from the right angle, what stimulates you? What topics in here do you really get excited about? I'd like to get along with everybody so I'm asking for your help, suggestions to help me become a part of the community (in a positive way).

Jerrico

1. Jerrico Usher profile image57
      Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I want to talk about obama's hairless dog smile

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
        Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dude, are you talking to yourself? haha

1. DJ Funktual profile image76
          DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

uh huh.  and yeah, I didn't read a word of your rant again, sorry. 
          Meet the new star of MY OWN WORST ENEMY....Jerrco Usher!!

It's funny how true that is smile but not how you think of it... I'd explain it to you DJ but it's over your head I think. and too many words.

(Word count 30)

Jerrico

2. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

A forum is generally the Internet version of a "genuine conversation" in slow motion.  The best conversations are usually those that evolve organically, sparked spontaneously by something genuine or perhaps by something contrived but that is then followed up by something genuine in response to it. 

It is very difficult to construct a good conversation intentionally, which is why most people hate "small talk" and why those individuals who have a "gift of gab" are so prized as party guests, salesfolk and talk show hosts.

1. DJ Funktual profile image76

Well said.  The problem as I see it, is that you are TRYING to start them. 
      Shouldn't a forum be started because you genuinely had a topic come up in your own life and you find it stimulating enough to share?

When I told you to "let loose" on the last thread, you said, "well I tried that n rubbed people wrong"  what I should have followed up with is....

I am passionate about MUSIC.  You are passionate about..."being a respected presence in the community" would be my guess. 

I was trying to say that -in the same way the old folks love watching me dance cause I feel it............you have to just be passionate about YOUR passion and wait for others who feel your passion to respond.   

LONG HARD in the mirror, you aren't afraid of self-exploration so ask yourself, "WHAT IS MY INTENTION?"   not "what do you wanna talk about?"   Fu%$ US!

Be YOU.   Just like you did in your hubs b4 you were reinstated.   You couldn't use the forums to attract attention to yourself, so you wrote and were drawing your own audience.

May I suggest you spend 50 seconds on a song and listen to it's message!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OqveSybH0A

LITTLE ROOM~The White Stripes

Well you're in your little room
      And you're working on something good
      But if it's really good
      You're gonna need a bigger room
      And when you're in the bigger room
      You might not know what to do
      You might have to think of
      How you got started in your little room

The bigger room for you is the FORUM.

apply that to your hubthought and your forum topics will slow down.
      You are in a over-exposure period.   Cut back on starting threads and instead on listening to others more.    Case in point, my BIO hub.  Your comment proved you didn't even read it.  No big deal, but why should I give a shit if u don't? 

I have this same problem.  I don't read here at hubpages much as i like. 

What do you stand for besides "starting conversations"

Read the comments on one of youtube vids, it's crazy BUT there ain't no hubbers there!
      I don't hold a grudge against them b/c they don't care about soul, funk or hip-hop!

Mark takes jabs at me all the time about hip-hop, and I don't respond angry...ya can't.
      I just sought out people of like mind ON YOUTUBE and they found me and we are in love. LOL 

Do likewise.   Find another angle! 
      When I started here I didn't do videos.  I only did lists.  Look at me now. 
      Go your own way!!

I also think the idea of you having two identities here is luda! 
      Now your over-exposure has seeped into a new personality.
      see how it looks from here dude?.  Be Jerrico. That's enough. 

Imagine if I went on YOUTUBE and said, "What do you guys want the next video to be about?"

It's my job to have something to offer them.   Not their job to watch.

1. rancidTaste profile image63
        rancidTasteposted 15 years agoin reply to this

A long essay.  lol

1. rancidTaste profile image63
          rancidTasteposted 15 years agoin reply to this
      2. Jerrico Usher profile image57

I'm not TRYING to start conversations at all (artificially), I'm actually doing just that, bringing up a topic I'm genuinely interrested in and trying to share, get others to talk about it. I'm not looking to be the center of attention, I really don't like the lime light but I do want my views concidered and discussed as well as everyone else does, but I don't seem to bring up things interresting to others in here.

Sure I have about half the room interrested but the other half seems to alwasy battle me for self promoting or trying to "teach" them (since when is teaching bad? and just because someone teaches doesn't mean they think they are the guru on the topic, often it's just that they want to share what they have learned, - me actually I like to hear others side of the issue, if I'm wrong about something I love to hear that in a constructive way like Lissie does it.

I don't get volitile when people don't agree with me, it's more about how they disagree, how they say it... Lissie disagrees with me alot actually but her mannerisms are polite and she offers information not just sarcasm.. I respond well to her for these reasons.

I realize however that it is MY energy in here that people are reacting to not so much how I talk about thing, I figured out last night how to crack the code to my being misunderstood in here... I want to post threads all the time on things I think people would be interrested in but I can't because if I do people complain I post too much, etc... being myself doesn't seem to fly in here, and although I will always try to be myself, I find I have to limit my exposure to the forum because I tend to get too impatient, passionate, and am too sensitive to criticism that is uncontstructive (mean not useful) and it sets me off.

My question in this thread is simply trying to figure out what I want to say to people, share, and conversate about that rubs people the wrong way so I can skip that one and discuss other things on my intrest list. I love to get into a conversation here but I hate when it turns violent because some people can't be polite and agree to dissagree, they have to throw insults into it.. I don't want to rile people up negatively, I don't want to feel bad any more than you do, I just want to stimulate you and hopefully your responses stimulate me.. A great conversation is fun, stimulating, and you can learn from others... People take me wrong but I figured out why.. I'm actually dedicating a first half of a hub to it and You DJ are the example of what to do right... It's almost done... anyway I derailed there...

I am trying to learn what people think, and I'm trying not to rub people wrong, some I seem to work well with, but the same people I'm conflicting with, I don't want to conflict with these people so I thought I'd just ask bluntly what you DO want to talk about... thats it smile

3. Jerrico Usher profile image57

I stand for alot actually the problem is people are too focused on my intentions and not on the actual information I'm posting.. what I don't get is how can people love my hubs but not my forum posts? their often identical in context smile the people here who complain don't read my hubs anyway... and I don't start conversations for the sake of attention, thats rediculous, I have more than enough attention trust me, I am merely trying to interact, share my passions, see if anyone else has them too. If people don't like my posts why do they read them? respond? why not just ignore them and let those that do read them in peace? I don't understand why it's a bad thing to open several threads in a day, forums are supposed to be alive, vital, moving, this one is 80% of the time sitting still, no movement, no conversations.. it's obvious that people want to talk, conversate.. but then why do you get made when someone starts a conversation? But I get it, its my energy...  I'm learning, but you have to be patient with me too.

Jerrico

Interresting shadesbreath, well put! I'm finding out that Twitter and simular services are becoming great ways to spark conversations vurtually in real time as well.. In investigating this site I was not impressed initially then I realized how cool it could be.. I wrote a hub on it if you want to read it, well I'm working on it now smile needs pictures.. but I get what your saying.. I love how you formulated your answer.

Jerrico

3. VioletSun profile image81
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

I think the community here is too diverse so a common interest is not generally found in a forum format. Those interested in politics will join political forums, those interested in spirituality or literature will join spirituality or literature forums, and so on.

4. Lissie profile image77
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

I don't know the answer the answer to your question - but drop the sock puppets and the quoting of your own  initial post in total - particularly straight under it that initial post - its beyond annoying on both accounts.

What is wrong with everyone? How is posting a one liner I thought of later (when I was in my other account which I don't hide is me) a bad thing? any different from posting it in the same account, I just happened to be writing a hub in that account.... and here we go again... someties I think you guys make up things to hate about me, I can't be this annoying and be where I am in life... could I?

I would like to make an observation however, it wasn't until I posted a topic (an answer to my question) that people started posting in this thread... but what I want to know is why is nobody mentioning the hairless dog obama should get? LOL  wink

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you have a problem with everyone, you have to ask yourself the logical question.

LOL and here I was using that exact line in my hub... honestly it's not everyone, its just the select few but I was trying to be nice and not single anyone out.. it literally is only 10 people who act this way out of the roughly 60 who use the forum regularly they make up for 1/6th of the forum so by no means is it everybody hence it's not me that is the problem in that regard..

the irony is I know these people are not bad, annoying, mean, etc.. on purpose but they are often hypocritical telling me one thing then doing it themselves... "don't be sensitive" "I'm annoyed that you did this or that"

Sure I have my shortcomings, but being rediculousely upset because I posted the thread under one account then responded to the question under another? This is no different than someone asking a group a question then saying, anybody have any ideas? Ok I'll start. so what I changed clothes after lunch...

If you get annoyed with that much passion that I posted twice in a row in my own thread under another account (that everyone knows is me) then you really have to wonder why your so upset over such a small thing like that, really now. Pot calling the kettle black? At least I'm not hiding behind another account pretending to post as someone else like some people in here do (your IP shows when you leave comments (same IP under all your accounts) so I know who some of your double hubbers are)..

Mark, you amaze me, Since my return you've been incredibly nice to me, even when I was acting up earlier in the month... I was really expecting the I forget how you put it before but something like "he's not right in the head" or "he must've hit his head hard" or something... smile your a good man charlie brown.

J

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
        Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Because I guess most people with IQ's of double digits or more don't give a rats arse about whether Obama gets a dog, or what kind it is.

And Jerrico - I certainly don't come here "craving" to hear or see anything on these forums.
        If I see something of interest, I'll read it, and sometimes make a comment.

Like most people, I have a lot of interests.
        So if I saw something here about SAAB cars, Honda CX motorcycles, Banjo playing, German Shepherds, Left handed toenail trimmers, Video Editing software, Taiko Drumming, Guitar playing, Hexadomes, Red Wine, Micro brewing, Long distance backwards hopping, Lotan Baba the rolling saint, cheap houses in the south of France, Hydrofoils, and any one of a thousand other things, I'd probably read it.

Or I might start a post about how to clean a chimney with one arm, and my legs tied together.
        If other people found it interesting, I'd expect them to add to the conversation.
        If nobody replied, the post would just sit there on its lonesome.

My point is, don't start posts that you think other people might respond to. Start them because it's something in which you are interested, and if others are interested, they'll take part.

Crikey, Jerrico - you're really making this all to hard for yourself. Relax.

Eric G.

Eric g.

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Eric, I am afraid you are a bit off here. I am really surprised myself, but this topic attracts genuine attention of many intelligent people here - there is an active forum thread and a hub on this...

Eric seems to be a bit arrogant in this post... and he just inadvertantly said Maddie has less than a double digit IQ because she wrote a hub on this whole topic... tsk tsk Eric... the thing is just because a topic is of no intrest to you doesn't make it a low IQ topic, maybe your IQ is just ampped up too high to be humbled.. tis you that needs to relax my friend not I, your too stiff.

Another point to make is that this topic is HIGH rating in the news, regardless of why, maybe alot of families have kids and their kids happiness intrests them so they want to find out more for them, it's not about IQ it's about special intrests.

Also from an SEO perspective and making money on hubpages perspective if a topic is high rating at the moment it shows a HIGH IQ to write about it, probe the forum to talk about it to get more info and maybe some insider information about the dog someone got from an article somewhere on or off line, to build their hub better, faster more potent, thus more traffic and traffic is money. Someone with a High IQ (and not such a selfish perspective) would have realized more than one simple angle on this topic... tis the kettle calling the pot black? hmmm?

Jerrico

I'm just posting what intrests me, and I don't post what I think will intrest others more like I'm trying to filter what I post that intrests me, I have alot of intrests but some seem to set the forum off so I'm trying to avoid those issues.. I think your mistaking my passion for hard work.

Jerrico

5. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

There`s lots to talk on Hubpages`s Forums.. I don`t necessarilly crave for anything.. but the community is great and the subjects are various.. I`m always looking for the webmasters threads whenever I have a little spare time

big_smile

6. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Jerrico,

I never thought I'd make this response to anyone, but here goes:

Whatever.

Good luck in finding that topic to which everyone will want to respond.

(Honestly, some days it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.)

SamurWriterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

sometimes it's a lost cause, your right. this time.

7. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

Maddening, waste of time.

8. Shadesbreath profile image76

Jerrico, I'm going to give you a piece of advice that you didnt' ask for, but, I feel compelled to give because, despite how much crap you get from people, and, frankly, despite how much you piss people off (including me sometimes), because I think there's a really nice guy inside your head trying so, so hard to be noticed and appreciated.

So, here it is:

Never type another forum post that is more than 200 words.  Type them in MS WOrd or whatever, do a word count, and, if you go over that limit (which you will, probably by about 2000 words) look back over your post and cut out 1800 words of it, get to the parts that matter.  If you can't find 200 words that matter more than the rest, then delete the whole post.

You are like that sweet, sweet collie that the neighbors own, it's got such a pretty coat and it reminds people of Lassie, and it's just really cool, but then it runs over and jumps on you and tries to lick your face and its claws are sharp and they scratch and, even when you try to push it down nicely, it keeps jumping up on you because it's such a friendly dog it just wants to lavish it's affection on you, but, you're like, DUDE, WTF, and it keeps licking and jumping and its claws mess up sweaters and hurt and in the end, everyone ends up wishing for the episode titled "Lassie Gets Euthanized."

Just try it.  You won't get any more attention than you do now if you cut your posts to 200 words or less, in fact, you'll get people saying stuff that makes you want to do more back to back to back to back to back to back to back posts of long, long, long, long answers covering all sorts of stuff.  So, just don't.  If you can't say it in 200 words, you're saying too much.

Just try it.

I swear on the spirit of whatever is good in the universe that I give you this advice in hopes that you can find satisfaction and approval in this internet world that you clearly value so much.

I don't crave attention but I think all those people who keep saying that clearly do. I have a problem with short posts, short emails, sometimes even my short temper drags out longer than neccessary.

The following is not applicable to only shades breath.

Shades breath I respect you for your opinion, but you join the ranks of those who think they have me figured out but lack the neccessary information to make such a distinction. The truth is you guys seem to be using the wrong decoder ring to figure out my motivations or what my posts/actions seem to be saying.

A few actually get me, those people have made it clear that they understand, they are the 1%, I don't try to be complicated or hard to figure out, but I'm simply a complicated person (was that an oxymoron?) with ways of thinking and innovating life that most people wouldn't comprehend if they spent their whole life watching me through a microscope. I used to get upset about people's ignorance of my motivations, but I've come to realize you simply don't get it and I can't be upset with you guys for not speaking my language.

To me those that do, the 1% are worth all those that don't and the flack I have to deal with in the forum press.. ironically this is the ONLY place people seem to have a problem with me and even then its only you 10 people who are acting like you know everything and can advise someone about something you really don't fully understand. I'm not you so don't try to judge me in a filter that doesn't fit, I'm not saying your talking about yourself but your judgements are based on the wrong set of data, the wrong psychology, or the wrong mindset, have your pick. As for keeping my posts to 200 words I'll start doing that when everyone in this forum does this consistently themselves... 

What is it about my posts that threaten you so much? it's not like your forced to read them, but somehow they affect you to the point where you lose your cool (not you but all those who seem to have a problem with me being me, and writing as freely as the rest of you seem to want to do as well. You say be myself, then in the same breath you say I should adhere to rules that apply to your comfort, which is it? be me or take orders from you? I'm being a part of the community and just because a few bullies don't want to hear what I have to say doesn't mean I'm going to leave the other 70% out who actually like my posts...

I don't know where you guys live but I live in a free country, freedom of the press, we don't always like what's printed in the papers but we can always put the dam paper down.. then their are those few people who say the world should conform to their belief systems dispite the consensus of popular views, realistically those 10 people always have something to say about me, but the others don't talk to me in the forum, they'd rather talk to me in private so they don't risk having to hear you guys bully me (or turn your knife on them, they realize by even trying to defend me they risk you hienas attacking them, so it appears that I'm the least liked guy in the forum only because my friends fellow hubbers, don't react to the ignorance) or try to give me orders because heaven forbid your uncomfortable with the fact that although my posts are long you read every word... strange...why do you read them if they annoy you, is it that hard to click the scroll bar and flush past my posts?

Maybe me and my click should come in here and bully you guys, power in numbers? Just because 10 people dominate the forum because they always have something to say, doesn't mean that your speaking for the whole hubpages clan. Relax and let me just be me, let me post, I'm not insulting anyone, I'm not doing anything but what your doing, so my posts are informed, a bit longer than yours, I actually contribute to this community more than a few of you who are always pushing me down, what are you afraid of? I may actually gain some popularity that wants to speak up? They won't they have better things to do than insult one another, like write a hub, they have intelligence enough to not react to these rediculous posts that do nothing but try to judge someone or tear someone down off their ambitions. My posts actually bring information to this community, they bring ideas, and innovative thinking, if you can't get on board with that then why the hell are you here?

I'm done wasting my breath explaining myself... get a clue, if you want to judge someone, tell someone what to do (advice? really now, advice means you have something constructive to say not destructive) you always have a choice, read my posts or fast scroll past them, if you read them and don't like it so what, your the one with an issue not me, you can't resist my charm I guess, but it's your problem, stop trying to fix me when it's you that can't let it go.

was that under 200 words shades? I am not trying to be a jerk here, but really now, I have every right to post in here so long as I don't break tos rules, when I do you can bet they will tell me. If we were ordered to keep posts under 200 words they would have put a 200 word cap on the forum post limits, this is not a hard peice of code to insert into the template, but they don't because they know that sometimes people need more than 200 words, this isn't Twitter... Although some of us act a bit twit like. The forum is supposed to be a place to flourish and inspire one another, not fight and bicker and try to throw our own personal rules down others throats so we can always be comfortable.. this is not YOUR house its OURS and I'm a part of it, how would you like me to tell you how to post? honestly I'd like you all to stop posting anything insulting, or demeaning, or without actual content, I'd like this forum to be nothing but quality posts that actually teach something, but I don't always get my way, nor would I try to force you to comply with my idea of forum utopia.. I get that we are all different with different tollerances... why don't you? Is your life so empty you have to try to control me?

I can understand if all I did was talk bad about people or rant meaningless posts, but I don't people get something from them, so what if YOU didn't, someone else did and it meant something to them. Posts like this one here are rediculous but I feel I keep having to remind you of what a community is and how it differs from YOUR household and how the rules are a synergy of different people's not just your own tastes... should a chineese food resturaunt not serve chow mein because YOU think it's disgusting and don't like the smell of it cooking? get over yourself, the chow mein stays, you will have to learn to live with it, when you contribute more to the community than I do I will gladly listen to your bickering but until then you come to the table with  a spoon to cut and eat steak with... you have egg on your face when you rant to me what I should be doing or how I should post shorter..

ok I'm done... can we get back to actually being creative and fun and stop trying to dominate each other?

jerrico

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
        Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why don't I believe that statement ?? lol
        Anyway, go for it. Keep boring it up all of those stupid, ignorant 99% of people that visit this forum who don't appreciate what you have to say. Whip them into shape. Don't spare the lash. Ignore shades, ignore everyone. Write 20,000 - no - 200,000 words in a post. You've got the RIGHT.

Or whatever.

@ shades:
        You would do well to ponder the lessons contained in the proverb about teaching pigs to sing.

Eric eric eric... relax man, your too tense.

9. dingdong profile image57
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

Oops mad

10. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Jerrico, I agree to Shades, you know... smile

Although I like you misha, your one of the ten, although your like many religious people, your only religious on sundays at church smile I can respect your opinion only because you don't just blabber opinionated guff, when you speak I actually take into account what you said, because you unlike the other 9 at least have a reason beyond perosnal comfort to say what you say i.e. you tell me I talk too much ... and so I do. but that's me, being a part of this community I am allowed to be me.. nuff said.

11. spryte profile image76
    spryteposted 15 years ago

Shadesbreath gave you some really great advice, Jerrico.  On one hand, you are very exuberant and eager to please...but on the other hand, sometimes it is carried a bit too far and becomes annoying.  His suggestion was to pare down the size of your posts in the forum.  You do have a tendency to be on the wordy side. 

An observation I've made while reading your posts is the tendency to use words like: I, me, myself, my, mine, etc, a lot.  While it may not be intentional, the feeling is off-putting on a subconscious level to readers.  It conveys a feeling of narcissism, self-centeredness and a "I'm better than you" attitude.  Again...I'm reiterating here that this is probably not intentional on your part and you might not even be aware of it...but you should be.

And lastly, you really need to work a bit on how you react to advice.  If a person asks for another person's thoughts on something...they have to be prepared for the possibility of not liking what they hear.  Otherwise, it begins to sound as if the person is merely seeking approval...which is not the same thing at all. 

I'm with Shades on conversations...whether forums or in real life...it's usually a case of spontaneous word combustion.

Spryte you actually make perfect sense actually. I've revisited shadesbreaths advice in a different mindset. Your right I do have a problem taking advice, but rarely have a problem trying to give it. In trying to decode my interactions in the forum it always seems my intentions are mistaken, its like nobody gets me. They also mistake my trying to explain it so they will understand myside as well, but it feels like talking to a wall.

Your post here really gave me pause actually, I had to think about that carefully, using I, me, etc.. that may just be one of the major problems in my writing as well! As someone who studied the subconcious mind and subliminal technologies for a number of years I intimately realize the reality of your point here... No wonder people think I'm so selfish, so self serving, so self promotional.

I never thought about it like that- I thank you for your kind and fruitful advice and insight. As do I about yours shadesbreath. I'm not trying to (now I feel bad about saying I , I'm, me, etc.. lol) be a jerk, although it does come across that way due to the foundation I lay out in my over use of those words (I, me, etc..), which can easily turn the tables from "I'm trying to help you and show you something I learned" into "I'm trying to force you to listen to and adopt my point of view".

I did decode a major part of why my interactions and DJ's are taken with such opposite reactions yet we in many ways post alot of the same intentions and cries for attention for want of a better term, in my next hub "don't be a passenger in your own life" which I fear none of you will read, I explain why I come across one way and he another..

I want you guys to know that I'm not trying to stir you up or annoy you, realistically speaking I'm trying to figure out how to make myself more social, more "get along with people" like, maybe I use I, me, etc.. alot because my whole mission besides contributing is to learn to fix my broken social compass.. I've learned a great deal about myself and how I interact with people from this forum and the many interactions good and mostly the bad ones taught me alot. If you guys weren't such a thorn in my side and I in yours I probably wouldn't have learned anything so please realize the lessons here.. mine are communication, humility, your's tollerance *wink*

Forgive me for seeming arrogant and thick headed, but I am learning and anyone following my hubs will see those lessons played out in the themes I write about! I realize that I'm not the victim here I'm the problem, I realize I need to learn to take advice as well as I give it, I realize that I stir people up, this is not my intention but realize my side too- I'm trying to learn, it won't happen overnight, but you guys are showing me a great deal, you don't think I listen but I do, knowing the path and walking it are different and I'm learning how to walk it.. I am always in here posting because I'm trying to grow, trying to learn to interact, you see me as an annoyance, a thick headed selfish hubber, but I think on some level you guys realize what I'm trying to do. I don't want attention, I want answers, if I thought that my presense in this forum wasn't fruitful I wouldnt continue taking all the crap I do or dishing out my opinions like orderves (spell?)

My addiction to this community is based on my growth, I'm growing up alot here, I'm getting a tremendous amount of awareness FROM YOU GUYS/GIRLS/HUBBERS... Realize I don't often yet, express myself correctly, I get it, but won't you have enough patience with me to teach me? or will you give up because you get frustrated with me? I know I'm a grown man but we never stop learning about ourselves the true pity is those who arrogantly refuse to bend, to change, to learn from those they interact with- I truly am listening, although in my frustration I tend to get a bit passionate... I'll work on it...

For now for anyone who cares, I found a page that came 80% close to describing me and why I act the way I do, my very nature as a capricorn... if you care to read it and comment I'd appreciate it.. You guys are not my enemies, I don't dispise you, I don't even have anymosities for any of you, I respect you as people who are making me a better person. You yell I yell back but the end result is what's important, I'm learning. Don't banish me back to who I was "last round" based on repeating SOME of my old habits, realize how much I've learned, how far I've come.. and that I'm openly telling you YOUR RIGHT!

That link is here:  http://mizian.com.ne.kr/englishwiz/libr … ricorn.htm

Jerrico

12. DJ Funktual profile image76

Did anyone read all that?
    It's such a turn off seeing this long diatribe by someone who is not even himself.
    SamurWriter is a terrible name anyway.  Drop it.  Be you.  be brief.  Or be gone.

So you react to me with the same ignorance? Name calling or name bashing? SamurWriter is not a terrible name, DJ funktual to me sounds silly, like a person clinging desperately to their past (to me), but I don't judge you or your name, because I realize your name is personal to you and it states something about you you want to promote.

Bashing my name just shows your own insecurities, I can respect if you don't like it, that's your perogative (insert MC hammers song) but to openly insult my name is childish, it shows no respect. In fact this whole post here has no value other than to be a jerk, that guy who insults someone but speaks loud enough to really embarrass his mark, its insecurity manifest. Why can't you keep insults to yourself? What prompted you, made you so badly want to post this? Ask yourself why DJ.. I haven't insulted you, in fact I wrote a hub about how I thought you has your chit together in areas I lack.. yet here you are putting me back on the witch trials with your personal insults. You didn't stop at insulting my ranting, you took it to the next level and attacked my name, not cool man, did you think it made you look cool in the eyes of the other people? do you need validation?

You want me to be respectful to you but then why do you set such a bad example? Admittingly I do the same thing, but at least I'm willing to learn from it. Reading this post I see a picture in my head of a kid pointing and laughing at school, a bully who has to insult other kids to get any attention. What was it you were trying to do here? What was the point in this 94% insulting post? to get attention or to make me feel bad? From the angle of your words your talking to other people not me, and hoping to gain some support to make you feel good about yourself by making me or my name look bad... is this how a grown man acts?

If you stopped at insulting my long ranting post I'd of never replied, but really DJ why did you feel you had to openly attack my charictor(literally and figuratively) as well? hmmm I sense some jealousey brewing about my other account (samurWriter) and my cause (training site)... I think this insult is not something you just threw out there, I think it's been brewing and my rant gave you just cause (in your eyes) to throw it out there- whew, you'd been wanting to say that for a while huh, but what good is it unless you can stimulate others to bash me too?

Jerrico

Be yourself. Good advice, don't be a hypocrit DJ...

13. DJ Funktual profile image76

Problem is...we are all trying to help him and he sees us as attackers. 

An expert on etiquette that has none can't see the forest for the trees.

I don't see you as attackers, I see you as misinformed, misaligned with what I'm actually trying to do (intentions).. I see you yelling because you don't get it, I see you reacting to my ignorant posts and blind awareness, but attackers no.. I hesitate to use this example because people like DJ will respond with "oh now you think your like jesus?" in ignorance of what I'm saying but.. I see you guys as those guys surrounding jesus as they put him up on the cross, although I'm no jesus, I am just trying to contribute, to help people, to blend in, but others only see what they want to see about me, jesus said "forgive them father, they know not what they do" and in that light I hear myself saying that about many of the forum members (not in any way related to power, jesus, or any of that, it's related to others reacting to their own fears, opinions, and blind awareness of my intentions).

It's not about winning or losing, attacking or getting along, its about awareness and reacting to the right thing. This also reminds me of cole on charmed, he was a half daemon half human being who wanted so badly to be good, to surpress his daemonic side, but nobody would let him, they only saw the "baltezar" side, so they drove him to become evil because it was the only way to relax, to become accepted, he had to go back to the "underworld" where people didn't mock him but welcomed him.

I'm not here to be mocked, I realize the error of my ways, I just want to be accepted and to be a part of the community. You guys think I'm out for attention, I see why, but your off base... DJ now he is desperate for it which is fine, he's accoustomed to being a DJ, being in the lime light, I hate the lime light, but I love conversation, communication, sharing of ideas, team efforts, you call what I'm after attention but your wrong, I'm after synergy, growth, community there is a distinct difference. I'm like a vampire in the day light when it comes to attention, it makes me uncomfortable, but when its being a part of a community and freely sharing ideas, an equal exchange of knowledge, respect, and support, that is the lime light I want to be in, I loath being the center of attention, especially in the middle of a pack of hienas.

14. Shadesbreath profile image76

I know.  It's not even that I"m trying to teach him to sing, per se.  He asks questions and seems so enthusiastic yet oblivious to some very basic stuff, and I keep thinking, "Man, he asked the question, so it's fair to answer it, right?"   And then, 40,000 words later, I'm like, "Crap, I did it again."  Maybe this time I will realize it's hopeless and skip it in the future. It's just sad to see someone's forum posts being passed over, and watching them post to themselves.  I feel bad.  Guess I know why they're being passed over though.

Passed over by you, but many DO read them. I have yet to write a thread, a post, that people dont read, now they may not like what I write, they may not agree, they may get frustrated, but passed over, your 99% number is way off. Even eric can't help but read my posts, something makes people want to. Maybe they realize I want help, I want to learn, social grace is not my best quality, I'm 99% business personality at least online, and I lack the social grace to communicate perfectly.

Why don't you actually read my posts and get what I'm trying to say, and shadesbreath I am listening, my problem is that I react to quickly, before I think about what you said, usually by the next day I realize this, and I post the oh yea your right post and nobody will listen to it, they say here we go again instead of realizing I'm human, the irony is that people aren't accoustomed to someone going off ignorantly then realizing they were wrong, then admitting it, they see that as inconsistency, instead of what it is, trying to make it right... and you say I don't listen.

40,000 words? my hubs aren't even that long.. try 2,000 words at best... why not just say million gazillion words later?

15. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Jerrico - I have pretty much kept out of your whatever-it-is-you-are-doing-that-nobody-gets-but-it-most-certainly-is-not-self-promotion  threads, but -

You are being extremely inconsiderate to everyone else by filling the forums up with enormous posts. If you recall, this was why you got banned from the forums the last time. Admittedly, in the interim, you have apparently learned to use paragraph breaks and spell correctly.

But that does not alter the fact that every thread you are involved in becomes extremely difficult to read.

Ironically, this very thread is about why people ignore your threads.

Do your self a favor and be a little more considerate of everyone else. Maybe then everyone would start to "get" you.

Point taken, will maintain Twitter posting best I can smile

16. agvulpes profile image85
    agvulpesposted 15 years ago

Jerrico/Sumarwriter/ whatever your name is when you read this  (Try "Jerriwriter"),spryte, Shades , Mark , DJ and the other guys ARE trying to help but your  not getting the message. Speaking purely for myself and I believe I'm reasonably normal, I will look at the screen and read a well constructed Hub or Post.
    However when I come across one of yours I have learned by sad experience that I will get eye strain,and I say to myself.
    " Self I just can't do this. This guys like a broken record he just goes on and on and I think he should be punished and made to sit down and read all his own posts."
    So Jerrico I would love to read what you write, but I only will if you make it "intresting",
    and shorter, also mate be patient and don't do so many multiple posts.
    And we will try not to have Lassie put to sleep.OK

I sound like a broken record because many others do smile but point taken I'm done trying to Sing Pigs to Teach smile I'm aware their trying to help, but nobody is reading the parts of my posts where I'm trying to listen...probably because that parts at the bottom half..

At any rate I'm writing a hub nobody will read called "Hub Royalty" I'll go blab over their, make my points, add pictures and leave it there, if I ever have the need to repeat myself in the future I'll simply link to that post (a link is under 200 characters let alone words) which will probably be around 4k words.. much more entertaining, and speaking to no one just to the point...about how useful and useless (sometimes) our forum is under Hubunist rule  smile you can all take your daggers out of me stomach now smile

(word count 136)

Jerrico

1. agvulpes profile image85
        agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There there little Jerri, lets puts his little dummy back!!!
        although somethings getting through, I did read this rant all the way through!
        Don't think I'll bother with the 4k one. cool

17. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I would not force conversation on a forum honestly.  Lately I have not even been posting here because I have not felt there was anything to say.  Maybe a good thing to do when the forum seems to be sleeping is to go to other websites and promote your hubs on their forums.  That way you can bring more people here and get an impression of all the new hubs they publish.  Just a suggestion.

I've decided to put my words where they generate money not mindless chatter amongst the HubRoyalty (I'll save my words for that hub where it will also make money smile

It seems people aren't ready for "The Jerrico Effect" *smiles*

Jerrico

Strange that about 95% of  jerrico's activity on Hubpages over the last 4 days has been on this "mindless chatter"as he calls it .
        I could not find one comment he has contributed to another Hubber. Looks like the "Jerrico Effect" may have triggered an implosion?
        Jerrico I cannot see why you are singling out Sweetiepie for an insult, are you that thin skinned to see that she was just offering you some constructive advise. cool

1. SweetiePie profile image82
          SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think he was referring to me because we have talked in the past.  I did not see it as an insult, but I feel weird to have given the advice now.  Maybe it was not my place.

Sweetiepie he openly requested advice on what subjects to talk about, then deliberatly antagonises people to rip into him so that he becomes a martyr.
            That then generates more interest so he gets more traffic. So don't be upset it is only a ploy for his own benefit. cool

Your wrong, I find myself in the middle of a group who has no idea of what I'm doing, then makes stabs in the dark as to my intensions.. but that's fine, I don't want to waste time trying to explain it to you, I'm banished no matter what I say, but you really should stop putting intentions on my gravestone, and try to see the truth,,, there is no spoon

Oh sorry you have finished mid sentence I was waiting for you to post ANOTHER comment so I could reply. I notice that you have stopped counting. Thats nice it was getting a bit boring,and meaningless because you just carried on with another comment. cool

I didn't disclude myself in the mindless chatter case, I realize I'd been a major contributor.. as for singling sweetie pie out? what?! insult?! what? once more you've misinterpreted my words, I may have responded to her post but realize I don't always talk about the person in the posting, actually I'm often universal in my replies not singular.. I have nothing against sweetie pie or anything she's said or done.. your mistaken.. she is... well... a sweetie pie... at any rate, I'm using twitter as a vessel to learn to shorten my posts (anywhere) the more I tweet the more I'm limited to 140 characters, the easier it gets... smile

Jerrico

18. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I didn't read any of it...

Jerrico, may I suggest not posting pages of text to a reply. Like as was advised early, fewer words and people will REALLY read and respond. I would also like to add that's it's a little silly to have multiple replies to the same exact comment. It's not cutting your words down any.

I also want to say, you think that people are reading every post that you ahve in the forums, but jsut because you get responses, it does not necessarily mean that the post was thoroughly read, but more than likely skimmed with many parts not read. I started doing that, but your post just get longer and longer with the exception of a few. I really don't read them any more. For the most part I get the gist of what you're saying from what the other posts around yours say. Occassionally, I do go back and skim a few of the main and initial posts, but not the huge diatribes where you're right and everyone who tries to give you advice is a loser and should shut up and leave you alone becuase you're the best thing walking.

Also, it is easier to talk to a person when they stick with the same s/n as the initial post. Not a back and forth.

Jerrico, at least listen to Whitney05, her credentials are not to be sneezed at.

Agreed. And I've taken shadesbreaths advice of 200 word limit. To maintain that I've started counting words smile as you can see. Let me make this easy on you guys. Your right I'm wrong, I get passionate, blinded by my own ego, and diaretic in my ranting... I get it... you don't inject a medication and expect the cancer to go away over night do you? Give advice and wait for results.. me not postig is akin to progress no? enough said. Thank you shades breath, thank you whitney, DJ your advice is akin to wolf tickets so no thank you, I won't feed into your cries for attention.

(word count 109)

Jerrico

I've taken the advice of the councel... you guys can stop poking the voodoo doll now...

(Word count 16)

Jerrico

19. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

Jerrico/Samur  it is probably wise of you to adopt at least two personalities---  It spreads the long wordy  messages around a bit,  but most  of us seem to have a tinge of ADD.. ...

Long hubs are one thing, but if we have to scroll down more than twice in a forum post, you have probably lost  99% of us.

If you are looking for the  exceptional 1% who finds all of your exposition  fascinating, you are on the right track!

Keep up the good work !

20. DJ Funktual profile image76

LOL.  Well, he wanted conversation.   I really did TRY to help. 

I can't tell you guys how sorry I am for bringing him back. It is all my fault. 

and now there are two of him.....truly sorry.  sad

Yeah DJ as your punishment you have to read ALL of their hubs and comments both of him man!
      cool

You remind me of a cat. Your about as loyal as a cat to your chums. I have friends who are jerks, but at some point I know they will calm down and take my advise, or take someone’s, but do I banish them for losing their way? No, because a good friend doesn't give up, doesn't make fun of his friends, and doesn't play the nay Sayers against him...

I don't know if we were ever friends, as much as anyone can be online, but I considered you somewhat of one, truth be told I learned a lot from you regardless of your flaws, and I sit here and watch you constantly bash me, your reasons are not the same as the others, they (others) are acting out of logic, the keyword is reacting, you are simply acting, trying to use my lack of popularity to stand on to build your popularity. I’m reminded of Martha Stewarts rise to fame.. breaking toes and backs all the way up.

No one has quite insulted me, or hurt my feelings as much as you, I hope you feel good in your victory, you took down the jerk hurt his feelings, you brought me into this (forum) world and now wish to take me out... noble goal. not.

(word count 216, I went over a bit)

21. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I am just wondering if anybody noticed that Jerrico is not replying for some time already, and yet some people keep kicking him? Why?

Misha, I don't see anyone kicking him?

2. DJ Funktual profile image76

You're so naive Misha, he hasn't been gone, he's still writing his next post, he just happened to start it 18 hours ago.  smile

We're not picking on him anyway.  He started a thread called, "What do people in here crave to hear about in the forum?" as a SUBJECT. 

Went back and read a little to make sure Misha...
      If this doesn't elicit a lil' jibe...

he wrote
      If you stopped at insulting my long ranting post I'd of never replied, but really DJ why did you feel you had to openly attack my charictor(literally and figuratively) as well? hmmm I sense some jealousey brewing about my other account (samurWriter) and my cause (training site)... I think this insult is not something you just threw out there, I think it's been brewing and my rant gave you just cause (in your eyes) to throw it out there- whew, you'd been wanting to say that for a while huh, but what good is it unless you can stimulate others to bash me too?

I AM JEALOUS OF HIS CAUSE, are you getting this?  He is defining jealousy and character even though he can't spell the words correctly....I mean, come on!   
      We can't make fun of this?

I stuck my neck out and asked the guy to not embarass me and three days later he's yelling at someone about how to spell his name.  HE CAN'T EVEN SPELL!
      Don't you think he'd be more tolerant?
      and he loves his name so well, why did he form a new name? (that we'd better respect and spell correctly)

The reason he spouts so much venom is cause he thinks we care.   

I don't even write in the forums anymore.  (or hub for that matter) but I check in on this b/c I feel a little responsible for all this. But mostly I watch cause it's like ROCK OF LOVE on VH-1 a trainwreck you can't look away from.

DJ now look what youv'e done you have frightened Misha away!

3. Jerrico Usher profile image57

I have actually taken your (you guys) advice... I stopped posting but yes Misha is right, they keep kicking, because it's not just me they are annoyed at, it is what I remind them of in themselves that they don't like.. It's like that guy on "Office space" when he was bashing in the printer and his friends had to pull him away (because it was annihilated ) it wasn't the printer, it was all that frustration that the printer allowed him to release from it's annoyance and the spawned frustration from everything else (not related to the printer).

People tend to do this to others, sure the annoyer is the problem initially but it's what this acting on the aggressor, attacking him/her, unlocks and gives them permission to "vent" on, that actually can make this exchange valuable (I know that’s a sick way to see it but its reality). In conclusion, Misha let them kick me, at least they are venting it out and not holding in their self inflicted grudges..(collectively for me and others) I shall be Gandhi at this point and turn the other cheek.

(Word count 187)

22. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I think this has gone too far on both sides.  None of it is fun to read.

True. I admit my part in this rediculous ranting fest will they?

(word count 12)

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It makes you the kinder person in the situation smile.  However, after this I would just not refer to others, that keeps it true smile.

23. Jerrico Usher profile image57
    Jerrico Usherposted 15 years ago

I will have you all know I've wasted a lot of time and energy here in the forum, my income has suffered because of it so you can relax now I'm going to put my energy elsewhere for the most part, ding dong the witch is dead.. have your festival/festivities... smile

(word count 51)

Jerrico

24. DJ Funktual profile image76

Hmm am certainly feeling bad for making fun of the fact you can't spell.  That wasn't cool. 
    I am going resign from this debate b/c of it.

I will leave you with one last piece of advice..
    If you wanna be a GENIUS like Jerrico, just go to LINKVANA yourself and you can post 10 versions of the same article too. 

I'm done.
    and we were never friends.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)