Why do people still stereotype Rottweilers as aggressive? ?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (46 posts)
  1. alexadry profile image95
    alexadryposted 15 years ago

This reporter just aired  a report that rottweilers are aggressive and hard to train when it comes to obama choosing a breed.
    I had to shoot them an e-mail pissed off. I own rottweilers and they are the sweetest things on earth!

http://wbztv.com/video/?id=69015@wbz.day...

Again another case of ignorant breed stereotyping. To me breed stereotyping is the canine equivalent to racial stereotyping, with an African American president know we should now better!

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Some Rottweilers are very aggressive. A neighbor's Rottweiler escaped his yard and chased my adult daughter up the back steps of her house and bit her back hard enough that she had to go to the emergency room and have it stitched up. Most Rottweilers may not be aggressive, but an aggressive Rottweiler is as much a menace as an aggressive Pittbull. There are plenty of more suitable choices for Obama's kids than a Rottweiler.

1. rightwords5 profile image59
        rightwords5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dont blame the dog blame the owners. Most dogs are aggresive because they have too much energy for there own good. Rottweilers are just as bad as any other dog breed. Most owners just like there dogs when there puppies then ignore them when they get older. Obama would be lucky to have a Rottweiler...There so loyal and will be the best guard dog BECAUSE of there loud bark. Rotties would do anything for there familys. Just because 1 dog did that....Doesn't mean you can lable a whold breed!

2. mortaine profile image62
      mortaineposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dumb reporter, is all I can say.

OK, not entirely. Here's what's going on with "aggressive" breeds (and, yes, it's a people problem).

Rotties, Pits, and Chows all have an "aggressive" reputation.

There are people, not very responsible people in my opinion, who want an aggressive dog. They want an aggressive dog either because they want the dog to fight, or because they think having a "guard dog" is a good idea. The problem, of course, is that they then put little to no effort into training the "guard dog." And we ALL know that any untrained dog has the potential to be aggressive.

(By the way: There are guard dogs who are well trained and well cared for. We are not talking about professional guard dogs. We're talking about some jerk with a junkyard who thinks that having a dog who "only bites people he doesn't know" around a place of business is a good idea.)

So, start with 1 strong dog. Add an owner who encourages the dog to be aggressive and untrained. Add years of uneven care at the hands of said owner. It is only a matter of time before that "aggressive breed" dog bites someone, probably severely.

Any animal has the capability of expending all its available energy to defend itself. ANY animal can damage a person. I was once attacked by a cat-- a very sweet, loving cat who had completely panicked. This 8-lb furball left me bleeding with two black eyes. I thought he'd broken my nose.

The "aggressive" breeds are almost always in the mid to large size ranges, and tend toward good muscle density. These are dogs that have the power to kill, although I do not believe they have the instinct to do so.

But you put a powerful tool in the hands of an irresponsible idiot human, and you get injured and killed people. Sad, but true. Worse, the black mark goes against the dog's breed instead of against the real culprit: IDIOT HUMANS.

3. Miss Lil' Atlanta profile image80
      Miss Lil' Atlantaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, honestly breed "stereotyping" is sometimes well deserved. Most Rottweilers are not agressive at all with experienced handling. Actually, one of the sweetest dogs I ever met was a Rottweiler who used to play with all the neighborhood children.
      That being said, when compared to other dog breeds on average Rottweilers are agressive dogs or are at least more capable of developing agressive behaviors more so. Although some breeds that are small aren't harmful can actually be "more agressive" than Rottweilers per say; small breeds typically don't pose a harm to people, since they're not capable of much bodily harm.

Rottweilers are one of the strongest dog breeds and are a breed that is known for turning when in 'comparison' to other dog breeds on average, so yes people should know that Rottweilers can be agressive dogs (more so than other dogs).

When it comes to Rottweilers being difficult dogs to train I beg to differ in a sense. Rottweilers generally require "experienced" dog owners who are knowledgeable on dog training and dog behavior, with good, positive handling Rottweilers can be easy to train (if you know what you're doing). But if an owner doesn't know how to train, Rottweilers can just as easily be trained into wrong behavior as they can into good, obedient behavior.
      Plus, not to mention that Rottweilers are definitely one of the smartest dog breeds... and I have a lot of experience with dogs, and I say that with certainty.

Like for example I have a Border Collie; (which are without a doubt the smartest breed of dogs by a long shot) there are many uneducated people who believe that if they get a Border Collie it will be "easy to train," and in a "few" ways Border Collies will be easy to train when it comes to people who are not experienced (especially because Border Collies 97% of the time require "extremely" experienced dog handlers). However, keep in mind generally the "the easier a dog is to train into good behavior, the easier it is to train them into bad behavior. To a lesser extent this applies to Rottweilers too... I would say that the main breeds in which are an exception to this rule are Labs and Golden Retrievers.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Because people always stereotype. It's not about dogs, it is about people smile

3. Junkster profile image61
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

When you hear about dog attacks in the media it's more often than not a rottweiler, that like with everything else is going to sway the public's perception.

I think any dog has the potential to be aggressive as it's in their nature to fend for themselves which obviously involves a degree of aggression, the smae with any wild version of house pets: dogs, cats heck even some rabbits and pigs!

I agree the rottweiler breed has been portrayed rather unfairly, I had a friend who had one called Kaiser, he was an intimidating looking dog, the size of a fridge but he was a real softy and sometimes pretty dopey!  If you went round their place he'd sit with his front paws across your beer drinking hand so you had to how him some attnetion....now that's clever!

It's the mad jack russells biting my ankles that I can't stand!

4. Nickny79 profile image67
    Nickny79posted 15 years ago

Rottweiller's were military dogs breed by the Romans in the province of Germania.  They specifically selected for guarding booty and biting off the b*lls of Germanic barbarians.  That's why they are in fact an aggressive breed.

1. profile image49
      rottlie loveposted 15 years agoin reply to this

rotties are not aggresive it doesnt matter what people say. Most people have an idea of a big aggrresive dogs but they probaly have never came in contact with one i have rotties and boxers and the rotties have better temprements than the boxers. so before u go saying about the rottie read about them and i can tell you after you learn what a wonderful breed they are it will change your mind .

5. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

I know plenty of good natured rotties and pits, especially pits, these animals merely have the natural muscle and weight to be scary when they act aggressive...this is surely a product of training or lack therof.

But Chows, chows are just insane, overbred, dangerous bastards...such a beautiful dog and apparently extremely loyal (to a fault) to their owners.

now thats just in my experience with these breeds but I did find agreement about chows

http://chow.25925.com/html/74/t-43874.html

chows arent really a people dog, not really a city living breed at least

but rottweilers def have a bad rap:they are excellent family dogs, good with children and very intelligent

http://caninebreeds.bulldoginformation. … story.html

1. mortaine profile image62

Riiiiight.

Chows have a bad reputation, but in reality, the dogs you have to really watch out for are dachshunds! Those overbred, weak-backed sausage dogs are vicious....

Seriously. Can we just accept the fact that some dogs are mistreated/mistrained and become violent, and some dogs are fine? Sure, there are traits that are breed-specific, but stereotyping dogs based on the color of their fur is like assuming someone can dance just because he's black.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You guys have no clue.

Poodles ! ! !

Poodles are vicious, mean, nasty little bastards. Especially the toy ones. Nasty, horrible little dogs....

I hate poodles.

1. mortaine profile image62

I was going to mention poodles, but I didn't want to provoke their wrath. I have no wish to get the Poodle Collective think tank coming after me.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol

Me and poodles are already done, so I risk nothing I haven't already committed to.....

6. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 15 years ago

I haven't heard about Rottweilers being aggressive but have heard/read about pitbulls being aggressive: http://hubpages.com/hub/pit-bull

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Here we go again yikes

OK, waiting for both pro-pit and contra-pit lobbies to chime in big_smile

8. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

The original pit bull is Staffordshire Terrier, bred from an extinct rat terrier, the english bull dog or bull baitor (the jaw clamp), and whippet (the speed). The aggressiveness comes from the terrier.

9. laringo profile image60
    laringoposted 15 years ago

I own a Rottweiler named Rocky and he is an affection hound. We've have had him since he was 6 weeks old and now he is 8 years old. He is just as cute and sweet now as when he was a puppy, just a lot bigger (115lbs.). If you train a dog to be mean, then they'll probably be mean.

10. Mud Dog profile image60
    Mud Dogposted 15 years ago

I don't even want to touch on some of what Ralph Deeds posts on pits. That's just a hateful road.

No one seems to have touched on it yet, so I'm going to. Rott's were in about the same position as pits about 60 years ago, they were the dogs that people chose to use for the fight ring. Rots, Dobies, St Bernards. For some reason back then the bigger the better was the way they looked at it, and all those breeds got bad names because of it.

St Bernards laid out the story Cujo, which made people terrified of them, used them as guard dogs, and their rap wasn't fixed till the movie Beethoven came out.

Rotts and Dobies started ending up in every junkyard across the country, being treated like trash so they would be the proper guard dog. Not quite what I would call vicious animals if you ask me. Just a product of what their owners did to them.

Pits? Same story, once people decided to throw them into the dog fights they were there and they were doing what their owners asked of them, that's it. Pits are the most determined of any breed to do exactly what their owner wanted them to do.

Oh yea, and pit bulls ARE NOT named for fighting in the pits. They are named because they were used to pit animals on the butcher block. Meaning they would hold the bull's nose while the butcher killed it. Not very pretty, but the truth. They were used in gladiator fights, yes, probably the first time a pit was used for such things, and this when they were closer to what is the Bull Mastiff now.

The point is, all these breeds, dobies, rots, pits, st bernards, all are dogs that can be taken advantage of because of one huge thing. They want to please their people. If their human thinks its 'Fun' To teach them to fight, the dog is going to try and make the human happy. So don't go ranting that a rot is a dangerous choice of dog.

11. profile image49
    rottlie loveposted 15 years ago

rotties are not aggresive people just dont know the breed there to quick at opening there mouths about them it pisses me off big time so anyone thinking they are well think again mad

12. juggalo 4 eva profile image60
    juggalo 4 evaposted 15 years ago

My opinion on the subject is that if they are raised aggressive then they will be aggressive.

13. bhowell profile image63
    bhowellposted 15 years ago

I would have to agree.  I worked at a shelter for over a year and although they are big, Rotties are amongst the sweetest dogs.  It's all about training.  I use to live in Oregon and the only bad Rottie story I heard was a co-worker had a rottie pup and they lived on acreage and the rottie killed a rabbit.  But, that is only because of their hunting breed and nature.  They are gentle giants in my book.  I have a shephard rottie mix named Charlie and he is the sweetest, wouldn't hurt a fly, dog you could ever know.  Although he has a loud bark and he is big, he's a big push over.

14. dealornodealwitit profile image60
    dealornodealwititposted 15 years ago

Well its the only breed of dog that has bitten me.  Have never seen much sweetness in this type of dog.  Very quiet, rather frighteningly so, like they are waiting to pounce....It belonged to my sister-in-law, I was around her quite a bit.  When going on their property, the dog charged, even when her owner commanded her to stop.  All of this, and my baby daughter in my arms.  Have always had a healthy respect for this breed, now very cautious.

15. Jesus_saves_us_7 profile image65
    Jesus_saves_us_7posted 15 years ago

any animal it does not matter what breed, it can become aggressive.

16. amreen_b profile image60
    amreen_bposted 15 years ago

Hi,

I think it's not the dogs fault I think it is some of the stupid owners who can't control their dogs. Here in the UK  I remember we had a recent news story about a Rottie who attacked a young child, since then the media have created a storm about how Rottie's should be banned. I think they are aggressive but only if provoked or not looked after properly.

1. WHoArtNow profile image82
      WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If that was the case of the grandparents Rottie attacking the grand daughter, it was never widly reported that the little girl was bocking the dog in the eye with a big stick, the grand mother (who was the only person looking after her that day) was laughing and joing with the child instead of telling her to stop.

Simple answer guys, don't poke a Rottie in the eye with a stick, especially when you weight about a third of the weight of said Rottie!

My best friend has a Rottie, great dog, amazing with his 3 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter. My brother has an English Bull Terrier, one of the ugliest, scariest and most hated dogs in the world. He's awesome, really bouncy and friendly, was 100% with my bro's new little baby girl straight away.

Sometimes (all the time!) the media blows things out of proportion, the blame the dog rather than the irresponsible, selfish (and often intoxicated) parents/owners who inevitably get their just deserves for treating the dog like sh*t.

1. amreen_b profile image60
        amreen_bposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well said! smile

2. Junkster profile image61
        Junksterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, I'm no fan of dogs myself (for some reason they all hate me) but I know that there's a right way to treat a dog and a wrong way and if you're doing the wrong thing you learn pretty fast that you need to stop it.

I personally wouldn't trust animals around small children, I know a lot fo my mates grew up with pets like goldfish or rabbits, the majority of people got dogs once they were drown up and were responsible enough to look after it (i.e. feed them, walk them, pick up after 'em)

The case over here in the UK while it was a shame what happened it says much more about the rough as hell family that lived above a pub than it does about the long-suffering dog!

17. profile image0
    jgrimes331posted 15 years ago

Perhaps TV is the culprit.  Change the way TV portrays the breed &  people views will soon be changed.  Till then one can't really blame the avg. person.  I love dogs and animals.  However; that doesn't change the fact I may think some breeds are more aggressive than others.

1. Whitney05 profile image81
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Media is a big problem. They typically portray half of the story, leaving the little details that actually make a difference as to the cause of the attack out of the story.

Plus, in many cases, when the media hears of a dog attack, they jump to conclusions as to what breed did it this time, and never make a retraction when they find out a lab or retriever did it instead of a Pit Bull or some other breed.

Plus, in written forms of media, you'll find that the title will SCREAM 'pit bull attacks child' or 'rottweiler bites elderly woman,' but then when you read the actual article, the dog breed is a mix or a lab or a terrier or a this or a that.  They choose titles that are catchy and will grab attention to the article.

18. Mike Hunt profile image59
    Mike Huntposted 15 years ago

I have a bunch of friends that have rotts and none of them are aggresive unles they don't know you or it's dark. All u have to do is stay calm and don't freak out and run and they won't bother you. I wouldn't suggest just trying to pet one that doesn't know you though. That might end badly.

19. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Aren't certain dog breeds bred to be aggressive, others like collies--intelligent and of the herding mode, or terriers--intelligent and hyper, etc.?

That's my understanding.  Not so sure it is a stereotype of the breed?

There are some aggressive dogs in every breed. However, an aggressive Rottweiler, Pit Bull, Presa Canario or Doberman is a true menace that can kill a child, adult, other dogs or even horses.

1. Whitney05 profile image81
        Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Lita, it's like stereotyping a human... There are some breed characteristics that are common like you mentioned but there are always exceptions and all dogs should be taken on an individual level and not groups to their breed.

Ralph, any dog can kill a child. Did you know that according to the American Humane Society, labs are more likely to bite than a Pit Bull.

I suppose a Chihuahua or Cocker Spaniel or even a cat could, in theory, kill a newborn or small baby, but I've never heard of it happening. I've heard of plenty of cases of deaths due to the dogs I mentioned--deaths of infants, children, adults and even, here in Michigan, of the killing of an Arabian horse tied in a stall. I'm prejudiced a bit because my adult daughter was attacked going up her back steps by a Rottweiler that escaped the yard of her next door neighbor. Fortunately she escaped with a few stitches in her back from the dog's bite on her back and a bill for an ambulance called by someone else which took her to the nearest ER.

BTW, when I was a kid I had a pet Cocker-Springer spaniel, and as he got older he occasionally nipped someone who surprised or disturbed him. But none of the bites was severe enough to require a doctor's treatment.

1. profile image0
            RFoxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There is a reported case of a Pomeranian killing a baby.
            http://www.igorilla.com/gorilla/animal/ … anian.html

Any dog can kill in the wrong circumstances and with the wrong owners.

I can tell you from personal experience as a professional dog groomer that Maltese and Chows are the most likely dogs to bite (on average) during grooming than other breeds. Does that make them dangerous breeds? No.
            They bite while grooming because of the way their owners treat them at home.

Spoiling a dog can cause biting and dominance aggression just as mistreating a dog can.

20. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

My dogs (pair of mutts) lol ... they slobber n play when off their chain ...but on their chain ..they bark @ everything and everybody and will bite .. the vet says they are just in protection mode when on the chain n is good that we walk together n I let em off their leash. Dogs are wonderful friends n I agree,it all depends on the owner for sure.

21. seamist profile image60
    seamistposted 15 years ago

One of my dogs is half Rotweiller and half Shepherd. I call her my rotten little shepherd dog. I have never seen a sweeter, more patient dog. We also have a young Golden Retriever. She is always bitting the other dog on the neck, but very seldom does she snap.

22. Bob Cedar profile image58
    Bob Cedarposted 15 years ago

There's always a breed that gets on the list of being aggressive. first doberman pinchers, then rottweilers, now pit bulls. by 2010 there will be a general fear of the labradoodle (just kidding labradoodle lovers).

I think it's mostly media, and just general public stupidity. certain breeds have certain trade such as strength and tenacity, and if in the wrong hands those traits can do some serious damage. Of course people are still act like the old timers during the "War of the Worlds" broadcast and panic when they hear a story about something a dog does.

People never hear the full side of the story, owning a dog is more responsibility than scooping poop and filling up a food bowl (in no particular order).

23. Eternal Evolution profile image71
    Eternal Evolutionposted 15 years ago

Ignorance is the key word here. The media is always sheading the wrong light on breeds such as Rotweiller and Pit Bulls, thus leading the public to view these breeds as monsters. They need to start doing their reasearch on the breeds before they spout all this rubish.

24. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years ago

Yeah, I agree, this is a many sided issue. I've seen a lot of rottweilers cause havoc upon kids and small dogs and what not have you on those television "judge" programs.

I think the reason this breed is gaining more and more attention in the media is because more people now have them. And yes, in general, they are an aggressive breed.

They've been raised to be. I'm not saying owning one is going to be anyone's death bed, and it does largely have something to do with environment, too, I suspect.

But its an animal mostly used for dog fights and coon fights, breed over several hundreds of generations. Like sheep dogs, who are apt to chorale animals.

25. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

Maybe it is because the news only reports on the cases where a Rottweiler did something harmful, its just like when the media only reports the bad things happening people develop certain perceptions because they never hear about the good.

26. libby1970 profile image68
    libby1970posted 11 years ago

I have owned many different types of dogs...from golden retrievers, chocolate labs, boxers, rotties, pittbulls, mutts, and even poodles. From my experience the rottweilers and pitts were the most sweetest of all. I had problems with one golden retriever who was very aggressive due to the previous owner thinking it was cute that she growled and barked at people, especially when she was eating.

The most aggressive I had was the chocolate lab! A very sweet, kind dog to the family, and very protective...but a stranger she would eat up! Her previous owner was pulled over by the cops-the dog was in the truck with the lady and the cops couldn't come any where near the truck. It took hours to get the lady out of the truck. I adopted the dog later and kept her until the day she died. She was a sweetheart but trained to attack. The good thing about her was she would listen to NO! But I always had to watch her. Nobody could come in the house if she didn't know them! But I did love her dearly and changed a lot of her bad behavior over time.

One pittbull I had was huge, but the most loving, family dog you could ever own. My son and him were best friends. They grew up togeother. I would trust that dog over any golden retriever or chocolate lab anyday! I also had another golden retriever who was sweet like the pittbull. My point is this... it's not only how they are raised but just as humans it's individual temperament. There are some humans that are just mean and dangerous. It's the same with all breeds of dogs. There are some, no matter what breed, that would become the serial killer in the dog world!

Take into account a dog with a bad temperment to start with, poor training, lack of care, and taught to be aggressive toward "strangers". It wouldn't matter what breed the dog is... it would be an accident waiting to happen!

It's not the breed. It's the individual dog's temperament, how they were trained, and if they are cared for and given a loving environment. Any dog, no matter what breed, if given love and training can be the best pet in the world-given the fact their temperament is non-aggressive! And that is not breed specific.

1. tohimilook profile image59
      tohimilookposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A dog is wild animal which has been domesticated.  Humans have been given love and attention and they turn out aggressive what about dogs which have no thinking powers. No one knows when a dog will be aggressive.

27. profile image52
    undertaker047posted 5 years ago

Many canines coaches are using target sticks which can be conveyed helpfully. The canine is trained to touch and after that to take after the tip of the stick.At the factor when the dogs will unreservedly take after the stick. You can lead the canine anywhere you want it to go, rather than pulling, push, lift, or persuade it. You can center of attention on the canine into the auto, onto a prepping table, over hops. Or into the right role for or stacking.

http://dogstrainingtools.com/2018/04/30 … og-tricks/

28. Ellison Hartley profile image76
    Ellison Hartleyposted 5 years ago

I believe their are good and bad in all breeds of dogs. It has a lot to do with breeding, but also how they are trained and handled. Their are good and bad dogs , they are individuals, just like people, it isn't fair to stereotype by breed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)