What Bible Scripture Defines Your Life?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (105 posts)
  1. exquisitestill profile image60
    exquisitestillposted 14 years ago

I love the bible, enjoy reading many scriptures but when things get rough I always turn to one scripture...Jeremiah 29:11
    "I know the Plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to Prosper you and NOT Harm you, Plans to give Hope and a Future".

So what Scripture gets you through the rough times?

1. profile image0
      JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thou shalt not kill smile

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 14 years agoin reply to this

murder is the correct word. God believed in capital punishment. The people killed animals to eat, but to murder someone was against gods rules and the case needed to be brought before god. This is where our judicial system originated from.

2. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ecclesiastes 3

1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
        2. A time to be born, and a time to die
        3. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up
        8. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

2. profile image0
      blake4dposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would not define my life by any one sentance or scripture from any book written by human beings.

1. profile image0

i would not define my life by any human or book that was NOT inspired by God.

2. profile image49
        souledout4Himposted 14 years agoin reply to this

den pass

3. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

" If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)"

smile

1. getitrite profile image70
        getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's so wonderful!
        But this is the verse that gets me through rough times: big_smile

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked.  Show no mercy; have no pity!  Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.  But do not touch anyone with the mark.  Begin your task right here at the Temple."  So they began by killing the seventy leaders.  "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded.  "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill!  Go!"  So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."  (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/adrian-84/Decorated%20images/1269180568898-1.jpg

2. profile image0

i bet you'd get really upset if your daughter brought home a satanist or someone who sacrificed humans to appease his god? or a welfare bum with 20 piercings and a faceful of tattoos, who drank human blood and worshipped stones. This is the scenario you quote.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

So, you dreamed up a lie to support this quote? Too funny! big_smile

Of course, if my daughter did bring him home, should I immediately kill him as demanded by your god?

4. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And where the famous Christian 'Free Will' comes in the scenario ?
      If God has planned everything for you !
      He even made he's so called son,dye for your sins ! hmm
      So not even Jesus had 'free will'.

lol

1. profile image0

jesus was god in the flesh and god knew exactly what god was doing, for it pleased him (jesus) that the fullness of the godhead dwell fully in him. Jesus had a constant relationship with god, obviously, and jesus listened to god (as a type or pattern as to how we should live our lives) and when the time came for repentance and jesus prayed in the garden "let this cup pass from me nevertheless not my will but your will be done". Jesus wasn't asking God to remove his flesh or to kill him before the cross as that would have been a prayer contrary to the will of god, but jesus was asking the father not to withdraw His holy spirit from him, the cup of gods wrath. Jesus had been in constant contact with god from birth and didn't know what life was without god that this scared him so much, but yet, jesus knew the outcome of this dying on the cross and was willing to go through with it inspite of being separated from god for 3 hrs. eli eli which is interpreted my god my god why hast thou forsaken me, all other times jesus referred to god as the father. Jesus had free will but like me and other believers, once you experience god and his love there is no turning back though others condemn you to death.

1. tantrum profile image61

That's what you say.
          Jesus is no son of God. And God doesn't exist.
          Keep your fairy tales to yourself. You're wasting your time with me.
          Or maybe you like to waste your time replying to every post on this thread?

Whatever !

1. profile image0

God loves you so much. This is not what i say but the bible. I don't say what i say or think, i always say what the bible says. I dont use the book of enoch or any other book. I only use the bible and i try to tell others what the bible says because god has the wisdom, i don't.
            I didn't invent god, he came to me and i took the time to respond nicely to him and he showed me more love than i imagined.
            If you don't want people to respond in a way that pleases you, then go to a different forum this type of forum is really for believers to edify and discuss in a civil manner all things pertinent to their beliefs, the atheist forum is down the hall, but i am glad u stop by, because god loves you so much

You say

'This is not what i say but the bible. I don't say what i say or think, i always say what the bible says. '

So you don't reason. You repeat what the Bible say and that's it. You don't use your mind ! LOL

And then you say

'If you don't want people to respond in a way that pleases you, then go to a different forum this type of forum is really for believers to edify and discuss ...'

The same can be applied to you. LOL

And,
              Is this your thread ? I don't think so.
              And I can comment as I please, as this kind of forum is free for everybody.

I hope you get it !

lol lol lol

1. Pearldiver profile image66
                Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

RAmen lol

2. profile image0

The Bible says God loves Tantrum? Wow, it doesn't mention my name does it? I've never read her name in the Bible..hmmm.
              Oh, wait! my name is in there too, Deborah the prophetess

You don't say what you say or think? That must be hard at work.

So you don't read but one book? I understand now.
              You tell others what the Bible says? Tantrum not only knows more then you can imagine, but you could learn from her.
              If it is God the one with the Wisdom, why are you speaking for him? You don't believe God gives man the gift of wisdom? You admit you don't have wisdom..finally a truthful answer.

So God went to you and you were nice to him and won his favor?

Your next sentence just doesn't make sense...
              "If you don't want people to respond in a way that pleases you, then go to a different forum" ??? what?

What about the Christians on the thread I started "The name Jesus"?

Do you see yourself as being civil?

2. profile image0

These kind of statements are why the Bible is believed to contradict itself..

God can't die..Christ did
          God can't be tempted..Christ was
          God is Spirit...Christ was in the flesh...

You're also making it seem that God has a split personality.
          He prayed to himself...???Nope
          He asked himself to take the cup from himself...Nope

Can't you see how your belief that God and Christ are the same..seems ridiculous?

1. profile image0

christ didnt die, he gave up the ghost or spirit. He could still be hanging on the cross today, he is god in the flesh, gods power and healing would have kept him alive continuously.
            god can be tempted but he wins every time even when encased in flesh.
            god is spirit and in christ the fullness of the godhead dwelled fully.
            He prayed to show us an example, he prayed because the human part of jesus, he did have a fleshly mother if you recall, needed to talk to god, the same god that is father to me and millions of other christians because it is a family after salvation or being saved or being born again.
            The last one u got right lol.. good goin smile

i am become the same as god so how can i not believe that christ is the same as god. 144,000 will be the same as jesus who is the same as god. I could have been the same as my earthly father if i followed in his footsteps how much more can i become the same as god if i do all that god has for me? Jesus was our prototype or example. Believe me the more i please god the more i become like him. Its not hard to imagine  you limit gods ability to change people when that is the sole purpose of god.

1. profile image0

What does all that stuff in the last paragraph have to do with your statement..Being like God is not being God.

Christ was not God.

Christ did die..giving up the ghost is the same thing..

1. profile image0

you wanna talk about giving up the ghost now do you. okay. God had to give up the ghost and his blood had to be shed, how far am i going to have to go with this? His blood was shed for the remission of sins, you know about that right? Its a parallel to the animal sacrifices.. lamb of god, the jews killed lambs and burnt them as food and sacrifice to atone for their sins while other nations were burning their children. On the day that christ was on the cross it was 3in the afternoon, the sun was goin down at 6pm. christ had to be off the cross and in the tomb before the next day which started when the sun set in the evening.. 6 oclockish. So at the time appointed christ gave up his spirit or ghost whichever u prefer. He did not DIE as of an unintentional passing of the spirit, he committed his spirit to god and when god took it, he was then dead, but this is not the same as dying from his wounds because few men lived beyond the first roman lashing but christ lived through two of them, you see they didn't kill him nor did he die by natural process of cuts and bleeding, he gave up his spirit. It is not the same thing at all.

1. profile image0

God did not give up the ghost. He never died. Yahshua Messiah did.
                  Yahshua was not God and taught he wasn't.

Believing Christ is God causes you to be as lost as anyone.

1. Danny R Hand profile image59
                    Danny R Handposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deborah, definatley no disrespect intended. You just might be a pistol! ALL SMILES!

5. getitrite profile image70

Ecclesiastes 10:19 "A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes merry: but money answers all things."

6. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If God has plans fo you then you dont have free will. If that is the case then how loving is a god that plans for children to be sexually abused and starve to death?

1. profile image0

obviously He doesn't plan for that. Thats like saying he planned for the israelites to build a golden calf while moses was on the mountain 40 days. Humans are responsible for what they do. If there is an abused child then some human is responsible. Unsaved man are the gods of this world, having their eyes and understanding opened to choose good and evil. We make our own beds. God is love in that you can be sure and all i can do is tell you that god doesnt want any child or adult or person to be hurt, abused or suffer loss or not have eternal life. It is gods desired will "that all be saved". As i mentioned before god only predestination for humankind is to be conformed to the image of his Son, jesus. So please don't blame the god i know for bad things that humans do. If africans are starving remember there are borders stopping nomadic lifestyles, and human pollution changing environments, and administrations to pay before the buying of grain to ship, these are humans again and not gods doing. You'd be better to say why does satan plan for children to starve to death. You definitely blame the wrong entity.

7. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i don't have any that get me through rough patches. i appreciate some of the Bible, as well as religious icons, from a literary or artistic stadpoint however. i always liked the Psalms, like:

the lord is my shepherd i shall not want he maketh me to lie down in green pastures, he leadeth me beside still waters, etc.

when i was little i saw Jesus as 'the good shepherd' and so this was one of my favorites. i hope they are showing 'the ten commandments' today. they usually show it on easter somewhere. i love how evil nefretiri is haha and yul brenner and charlton heston's ACTING....big_smile

8. profile image0

"I know the Plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to Prosper you and NOT Harm you, Plans to give Hope and a Future". (not king james)
          Ya gotta start reading the king james bible all other versions are crap!
      Jeremiah 29:11   For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (kj)

completely different meanings, the king james of course is accurate, all opposers to this fact may be quiet, now, lest your argumentative nature be exposed and your stupidity rendered before all.

as for predestination and not having free will, you do err not knowing the scriptures. the only predestination that God has for all mankind is that they be configured to the image of his Son, Jesus.

in order of importance:
      Ephesians 1:5   Having predestinated us unto the 'adoption of children' by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
      Romans 8:30   Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified
      Romans 8:29   For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be 'conformed to the image of his Son', that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The only predestination is salvation, then conformity, everything inbetween is flexible. Some have tasted the goodness of god and now are turned back to those things that are death inspired. Did god predestine them to do that. NO. They chose it yourself. God who is longsuffering is always willing to help you, but he will never force you. You made the choice to turn your back on god just as easily as you chose to follow god. Your sins are on your own head.
      God is not mocked.

9. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"It's hip to be square"

1. mythbuster profile image72
        mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah yes, from the Book of Huey! I like this book of Scripture as well!

smile

10. Tom Cornett profile image80
      Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"God chose the foolish things of the world to confound the wise"  I really count on this one everyday! smile

11. Dviews profile image59
      Dviewsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Philippians 4: 11

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content"

This verse has been my foundation through many a rough storms, it has kept me whether I am on the mountain top and all is well or I am in the valley of life trials.

12. mythbuster profile image72

I enjoy the accounts of Jesus healing the Centurion's slave in the book of Luke as well as the account of the Widow at Nain which immediately follows in the book of Luke: 7:11-17 and these have long been my favourite portions of the Bible.

I don't know if Jesus truly existed - there are arguments all over the forum and everywhere else which say he didn't, but no matter because even if Jesus didn't exist, the Luke accounts of the Centurion's slave and the Widow at Nain are powerful "suggestions" about how human beings should behave.

In those two stories, empathy for all classes and individuals, both male and female gender, are brought forth as examples of proper behavior.

Jesus is asked by the Centurion if Jesus will heal his slave. The Centurion approaches Jesus, makes it clear to Jesus that, although the Centurion commands power with others, he is ASKING for Jesus' help, not "ORDERING" Jesus to help, thus showing respect for one of a different belief system, as well. The Centurion "respects" Jesus, and Jesus deems the Centurion's behaviors, nature of request and also his manners to be proofs of "faith" more worthy than the works and behaviors of those who proclaim that they are faithful to God...and he saves the Centurion's slave...then heads out on his journey, coming next or soon to the town of Nain where a woman whose husband and son have died, is being ejected/exiled while her son's body is being unceremoniously thrown out like trash, without proper burial...Jesus stops the woman, stops the procession meant to dispose of the son's body...He makes the son rise and "gives the son" back to his mother...

In giving the son back to his mother, he returns a future to her - probably spares her death that would likely occur from starvation in a short time. In being exiled, the authorities essentially enforced that the woman become a "non-person" a person with no citizenship, with no "valued objects, home or lineage" (no husband, no son)...the male son - because of patriarchy in those ancient times - had infinitely more value than a mere woman with no husband and no son. I think a lot of people thing this story is about the "miracle" Jesus performs and they stop at that to highlight the miracle. I think there are MANY reasons read this story aside from Jesus' miracle.

These accounts are my favourite ones because they deal with the issues of oppression (and solution for oppression), patriarchal controls, gender issues, etc. The solution Jesus uses are quite simple in the Centurion account and the Widow-reviving son account... "compassion is the way to go" in each case.

13. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I personally don't have much scripture memorized but I've actually heard the one you stated: ""I know the Plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to Prosper you and NOT Harm you, Plans to give Hope and a Future".
      and I like that alot.
      But as for me, I like THE LORD IS MY SHEPARD, I SHALL NOT WANT
      AND I LIKE LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND

2. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

1 Peter 4:6
    This is a pivotal part of the gospel.  To know that continued learning takes place for the spirit even when the body is in the grave is a comforting knowledge.  This is made possible due to the ministry of Jesus Christ in the world of spirits after His crucifixion and during the three days prior to His resurrection.  As is in life, He organized a mission effort on the other side among the righteous.  That they may go and teach those who remain in darkness.  To this end are we all judged according to our deeds in life, but also according to our common knowledge of the spirit that we either acquired in life or in the life to come.

1. profile image0

To know that continued learning takes place for the spirit even when the body is in the grave is a comforting knowledge

1 Peter 4:5   Who shall give account to him(God) that is ready to judge the quick (alive to christ) and the dead. (dead to christ)
        1 Peter 4:6   For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead (to christ but alive physically), that they might be judged by men in the flesh[vs 4] (who are dead to christ), but (should be) live(ing) according to God in the spirit.

spiritually dead. not physically dead.
      Hebrews 9:27   And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
      Psalms 6:5   For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
      sorry your doctrine isn't biblical,canonized bible that is

3. exquisitestill profile image60
    exquisitestillposted 14 years ago

For those believers who have participated...thank you!It's always awesome to share God!

1. Hokey profile image61

Afraid to answer because ypu are scared to explore your faith. Shows how weak your convictions are.

1. profile image0

see above

2. getitrite profile image70

GREAT!

I'd like you to comment on this:

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword.  Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes.  Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes.  For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off.  The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows.  They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.  (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

1. profile image0

Isaiah 13:15   Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.
          Isaiah 13:16   Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.
          Isaiah 13:17   Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.
          Isaiah 13:18   Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.

Isaiah 13:10   For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall NOT give their light: the sun shall be DARKENED in his going forth, and the moon shall NOT cause her light to shine.
          Isaiah 13:11   "And I will punish the WORLD for their EVIL", and the WICKED for their INIQUITY; and I will cause the ARROGANCY of the PROUD TO CEASE, and will LAY LOW THE HAUGHTYNESS OF the TERRIBLE. [HUBBERS LOL JOKING, sorta].
                                                       so whats all this about?
        Isaiah 13:9   Behold, the DAY OF THE LORD COMES, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall DESTROY THE SINNERS thereof out of it.

my comment - you knew it was coming and that it is going to happen.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
          AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you familiar with the Men Without Hats song Dancing with Myself

1. profile image0

I gave up all forms of worldly music when i discovered it did not glorify god and mostly, preached fleshly ways. I have a small collection of music that i can sing and worship god too and that's all i need. Led zep etc are talented musicians but they do not produce the kind of music that blesses my spirit. So no i dont know this song and i am quite fine without knowing this song. In case you are wondering i do not miss that music even a little bit nor my tv set which went flying out the window one sunny day on may 30th 2009.

2. getitrite profile image70

You have answered NOTHING! And your God is still a psychopathic homicidal, genocidal, infanticidal, mentally deranged imbecile!

1. earnestshub profile image79
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

...... and neurotic!
            And that's on a good day! lol

You can say that again...just look:

Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came.  He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors."  The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day.  Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing."  (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT

Some blessing!
                I think it is very sad to think any one would follow a total despot and call it a god!

This is the most immoral creature I have ever read about!  Imagine that, a being totally lacking morals is some people's idea of God.

I think they need the control it offers in exchange for blind belief, so others can be threatened with it.

2. profile image0

How was Christ immoral?

2. profile image0

exodus 32  moses on the mount receiving the 10 commandments
                LOL this is when moses was on the mount getting the 10 commandments and after bringing the people out of slavery to egypt and crossing the red sea with a pillar of fire at night so they could see and cloud during the day so they could bear the heat and feeding them with manna that fell from the sky and now they have made a golden calf and said "This is the god that brought you up out of egypt". Sorry but i'd be a lot angry too.
                      How fortunate we are today that our history is only built upon people slaying people, the jewish history is our bible, god is slaying people to keep his camp undefiled. Our history is full of people killing people because of selfish gain.
                      You can go through the OT and pick out all the spots where u think god is cruel and you would be weighed in the balances and found wanting my friend, god is above whatever judgment you make because he has ALL the information, past and present. Mans cruelty far outweighs gods cruelty and gods purposes are far holier than mans best intended purpose. I don't see one place in the bible where god just killed for the fun of it but if i want to check our history books i am sure i can find quite a few examples of killing without good reason.

This is all nonsense.  You are searching for a way to support you absurd beliefs, but you are only fooling yourself. You are just creating your own reality.

Yes, man's cruelty outweighs God's cruelty, because there is no God...and yes, it was man who wrote that psychopathic crap, while pretending to be God!  You do get it? Right?!

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Translation:

"For those non-believers who quoted passages from the bible that made me look like a fool because I said I love the bible even though it contains demands that I kill other people for being themselves... thanks, but no thanks. "

smile

We also shared the same God with her that the believers did, but instead of thinking it was awesome she, somehow, found a way to disqualify us.  I'd like to know why we became the victims of this callous discrimination.

4. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Hi hokey! Nice to see you again!
    You wrote:
    "If God has plans for you then you don't have free will. If that is the case then how loving is a god that plans for children to be sexually abused and starve to death?"

hokey what amazes me is that if I were supporting a religion I would want that question answered as a priority! What I see in your posts is what I feel in my heart. How dare anyone not consider the most important problem with religion. The claims of prayers working for them while not for others, the "You will be saved" The threats of hell, are all psychotic thinking processes.

Talk about the ELEPHANT in the room! lol

5. samboiam profile image59
    samboiamposted 14 years ago

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. - Romans 7:18-19

1. profile image0

awesome! I love this scripture

Romans 7:20   Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:21   I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
        Romans 7:22   For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
        Romans 7:23   But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
        Romans 7:24   O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

hugs  smile

6. sagbee profile image58
    sagbeeposted 14 years ago

Life is precious, so why should one defines their life by mere writing of the human beings? I will not at least no matter it relates to my life or not..It may be co-incidental by not true!

7. Kharisma1980 profile image78
    Kharisma1980posted 14 years ago

One verse that always astonishes me is from the story of Undignified Father in Luke. The Father is speaking to the elder brother: "Son, you are always with me; everything I have is yours."

8. profile image49
    souledout4Himposted 14 years ago

y cant ppl jst stick to d post on dis thread
    if u cant answer b quiet pls
    stop divertin d thread!!

And you are ?.... hmm hmm hmm

lol

what a joke ! LOL

1. profile image49
        souledout4Himposted 14 years agoin reply to this

u can read cant u?

Yeah!

That's why I'm asking ! LOL

2. mythbuster profile image72

u can spel betr cant u?

9. profile image49
    souledout4Himposted 14 years ago

1Cor 1:10 but by the grace of God, i am wat i am
    daz wat defines me lyf @d mo

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What language is this Soldout2him? hmm

Did you run out of text credit on your mobile??? lol

lol lol lol

It's Angel's Language, maybe ! lol

10. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Hi Deborah !!
    lol

1. profile image0

Hello Tantrum. You're pretty popular to be in the Bible.

Yes ! I'm sure you can find me somewhere. Tantrums are very popular  in that Book! lol

1. profile image0

C'mon and tell me Tantrum..who did you date in the Bible?

I think Saul was fond of tantrums. David as well. Don't you think? big_smile

11. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

It was Hokey! big_smile

Never heard of a hokey in the bible !LOL

1. Hokey profile image61

Sir Hokey was a Templer Knight with his side kick Sancho Panza. neutral

Not in the bible then ! lol
          I never met you ! LOL

1. Hokey profile image61

Yes we met before i slew the giant and climbed down the bean stalk.

Can't remember!
              I wasn't in that fairy tale LOL

1. Hokey profile image61

Your memory will return as soon as the effects from the poison apple wear off.

lol

You're mixing the tales !

1. Hokey profile image61

I have a plan. Lets go to sherwood forest and get the golden goose. Its staying in the manger with the three wise men.

2. profile image0

Now, I have heard the Christian scripture is hokey..

1. Hokey profile image61

Yes! Its very pokey also! smile

12. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Ha ha ha !!

13. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

brotheryochanan wrote:

i bet you'd get really upset if your daughter brought home a satanist or someone who sacrificed humans to appease his god? or a welfare bum with 20 piercings and a faceful of tattoos, who drank human blood and worshipped stones. This is the scenario you quote.
    ----------------------------------------

These groups and people you speak of do not exist.
    The FBI has never found any murders/bodies associated with Satanists.

14. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

You can see how the New Testament was perverted:

Paul Wrote Galatians..In his letter to the Galatians Paul states:
    Galatians 3:28
    There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

No Male or Female?

Paul also wrote this according to the Greek perversion of the NT:

1 Corinthians 14:34
    Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

So he is now saying there is a difference of male and female in God's eyes.

15. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Has anyone seen my baseball?  

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/ … 6497052448

smile thought you might like this  Hokey

16. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

rev 6:8

17. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

Matthew{16:23} But he
    turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou
    art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that
    be of God, but those that be of men.

This one puts faith into perspective.  Even the chosen disciples had to be reminded that they were just like everyone else, and there was only one savior. No matter how hard you try, in the end and in the words of George Michael, "gotta have faith-a-faith-a-faith."

1. exquisitestill profile image60
      exquisitestillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome scripture!

18. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I like this little gem! smile

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Nasty psychotic little god!

19. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

" For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith."
    Mark 11:24 (King James Version)

20. Joni Douglas profile image82
    Joni Douglasposted 13 years ago

This is my favorite passage. 

Isaiah 46:9 & 10
    "Remember the former things long past,
    For I am God, and there is no other;
    I am God and there is no one like Me.
    Declaring the end from the beginning
    And from ancient times which have not been done,
    Saying, 'My purpose will be established,
    And I will accomplish all
    My good pleasure.'"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)