can a hub only contain pictures?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Donnacha C profile image70
    Donnacha Cposted 13 years ago

Hi,

I just got very disappointed to see that our much loved soccer topic has been littered by one hubber with so called hubs that only contain pictures of girls in little or provocating clothing.... is this allowed? What about the hubpages site`s own warning that hubs must contain original material, be informative etc....

It`s realy bugging me, because when I go to check out what was the latest published article in this topic all it comes up is rubbish, whereas it`s clear that we had a very interesting and talented little group going on with quality material....

thank you all for listening to my moaming:)

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, first of all it sounds like those hubs are miscategorized, which is a reason for them to be moderated all by itself.  In addition, they may be adult, from your description.  Please flag a few of them for us, and the moderators will take care of it right away.

Donnacha Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thank you! I have flagged a few, I hope they can be moved to a different category.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

trust me, i know EXACTLY what you mean.  when i first started on hubpages, all the film categories i fanned were mostly full of hubs about half naked Indian girls, with little to hardly any text in them at all, and they all had virtually NOTHING to do with the film topic it was in.  Just various photos of hot Indian girls posing sexually.  Sure, there were a few legitimate ones in those categories, but most of them were filled with the type of hubs I just described.  Therefore, I know what you mean.  However, if it's any consolation at all, I know one hubber assured me that these hubs don't make any more money on adsense than you do.  Therefore, I hope that comforts you to know.

thanks, this hubber in particular has published 96 hubs in 3 weeks.... it takes me a week to write a good one that I`m happy with... I`m not jealous or anything, just would prefer the quality sports hubs I`m used to before these gusy came along...
        thank you for your support!

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
          rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it happens in the entertainment category also. kind of sad when the hot entertainment hubs are all photo hubs or reviews of reality shows.  there are so many great topics and hubs but I guess those hubs get a lot of views. not saying much for cultural taste.

I would love to see a different site for photo only hubs and keep this one for content, article writing.

2. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

There are lots of Hubs of Just photo's. Some are interesting, but they don't get a high Hubscore. Seems like you've only seen one out of 100s of them.

One of the advantages of writing on HP is that you can publish what you want "within reason". I think we should just leave them be. As much as you may dislike it, they have a huge amount of traffic.

http://hubsdirectory.com/

Look at the Popular Listings Tab and check out the Clicks.

Regards. smile

hi Lady_E and thank you for your reply.

I appreciate if someone would only want to put pics into their hubs, I just wish there would be a separate topic where they could do this.... that`s all. I`m actually not on this site for traffic only, I love football and I really enjoy writing and spend an aweful lot of time researching, reading, wtaching, analyzing, the lot. Football is a very important part of many true fan`s life and those so called football hubs do not reflect that at all... maybe there should be a topic called hot girls and everyone would be happy

1. Lady_E profile image63
        Lady_Eposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good idea.

Months ago, I think some people complained about it in Forums, as there were such pictures cirulating on many Threads and a New Forum name has now been assigned to them, which is: http://hubpages.com/forum/category/766

So maybe, HP might do the same to Hubs.

thanks a mill!

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

There is a topic called Photo Galleries which is where these should be.

As Rebekah says, the topic is in the Entertainment category which ruins that category for the rest of us - it's why I never Hub Hop, because Dance is part of Entertainment! 

I wish Photo Galleries was a category on its own!

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that's the way to go, to have it's own separate topic and then the corresponding categories would all fit under that one topic. It would also be easier to flag hubs for the moderators.

thank you all for replying, I will keep flagging them and hopefully they can be moved to a different category soon

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)