How to get extra traffic

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image52
    msarafposted 13 years ago

Can any one say how to get extra traffic to our websites.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How is "extra traffic" different from "traffic?"

1. thranax profile image72
        thranaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think their referring to traffic other then Hubpages and Google.

~thranax~

2. mythbuster profile image73
        mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For me, relache, "extra traffic" means traffic other than me on a friends' computer, showing my friend that I wrote a hub last week or whatever lol

ANY traffic for me is good and is "extra" for me if it isn't ME doing some editing and checking for typos lol

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
          Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean. I've just been tinkering with a hub, then went back to the stats board, saw double red triangles and thought 'wow', then very quickly - 'oh, that was just me' big_smile

2. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would be very careful about visiting your hubs from a friends computer. I would be particularly careful about any sudden urges you get to check your Adsense accounts whilst you are on that computer.

If you were, for example, to check your Adsense accounts on the computer of your friend 'Bob'. Then you would be looking at an Adsense ban as soon as 'Bob' has a couple of drinks and decides to 'help you out'.

I don't even tell my friends that I write on here, let alone show them my hubs. My girlfriend knows, and she is banned from mentioning the words 'Hubpages' or 'Adsense' to any of her friends or family. All that she is allowed to say is that I make a bit of extra cash writing content for peoples websites.

2. Abwaan profile image61
      Abwaanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mmmmm.....?

3. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you are talking about your hubs, rather than your 'websites', then the answer is to write more than 2 hubs in 6 weeks. When you can write 30 good quality hubs each 6 weeks, come back and people will help you if you are still struggling.

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok Ryan I am still struggling.

2. seamist profile image61
    seamistposted 13 years ago

Hi

Your right to be concerned about traffic because without traffic it will be hard to make money.

To get more traffic:

Write as many quality articles as you can.

Learn about keywords and do keyword research before picking out your url. Unfortunately, one you've chosen your url at Hubpages, it cannot be changed later on. Consequently, it  is important to the keyword research before you begin your article.

Learn everything you can about SEO or search engine optimization.

Backlink, backlink, and backlink!

Write articles that are evergreen rather than current news topics and your articles will continue to gain traffic over time.

Write groups of articles on a related subject to establish yourself as an authority. When Google considers you an authority on a topic, you will appear higher on the search engine results page. Consequently, the higher you rank, the more traffic.

Make friends with other hubbers as they have valuable experience.

If you do all of this; I guarantee you will get more traffic to your site. Although many people may say article marketing is easy; there is alot involved to it. Most of all, be patient and don't give up.

3. trafficforwebsite profile image59
    trafficforwebsiteposted 13 years ago

as the others said traffic is the main important thing to have or you won't get any thing. back links takes a massive place to get traffic but you can also try social bookmarkins. try atlist 20 social bookmarking sites and trust me you will see the boost on your site. it brings a huge amount of traffic.

4. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Write more hubs, create community, network and write some more, backlink the hell out of everything if you can be arsed and have fun....sleep, then do it again the next day, I do, In fact I'm a zombie!!!!

5. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

The whole backlinking thing is just confusing me. I have blogs websites use social networks and still can not get any traffic.

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The secret is in keyword research, the better that you do this, the better that you'll be able to create anchor text links in choice places that will better your search engine rankings.

Backlinking is a time consuming process, but even 15 minutes a day, can give you some results in time....

1. Ohma profile image59

What exactly is this and where do you do it.

Anchored text links are the keywords that you research, they could be three to four word phrases and for best results you put them within an article or hubpage, the keyword anchored text link will match relevancy with your article!

2. Anolinde profile image80
      Anolindeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ohma, I think quality backlinking is more article submissions to article directories like ezinearticles, goarticles, and articledashboard (there are many others).  Social networks only bring short-term surges, if that.  At least this is what I've learned so far.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure smile

3. TerryGl profile image58
      TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Without trying to be too self promotional, I have written a hubpage on Guest posting that works wonders for me.

Use this technique and soon your site will tentuplet (if not more) in visitor traffic, it did for me.

I like to think outside the square. One technique I use with huge success is to actually link out to a site that is on theme, has good page rank and has good daily unique visitors. I make the link open in new window and it seems Google loves and rewards sites that do this.

6. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

So write articles about article I have already written then text link them together?
    Do the search engines know the difference between me creating a link and someone else doing it?

In a way yes, you write, say an article on Breeding dogs and then you have another article which could be on feeding dogs, somewhere in both articles you will have the relevant keywords typed in to do a text link and in the case of sites like Hubpages it will be irrelevant as the to search engines knowing who linked what.

Think of a main niche and think of all the related things you could write about that niche and then link all the articles together in strategic places that you decide....if I'm making sense!

7. Anolinde profile image80
    Anolindeposted 13 years ago

Also, usually there's a resource box where you are allowed 2 links (I'm thinking ezinearticles here since it's really the only one I've used so far .. I've got lots of work to do! tongue).  In those 2 links, you could give one link back to say, your hub, and another link to your main website.  Those would count as backlinks.

8. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Well I do link my related hubs but perhaps I should go back and do some text linking as well.
    I hate to ask and I know this is really not the place but perhaps you could have a look at my Fire restoration hubs or my hubtrail hubs and let me know if you think I am on the right track. I am trying hard not to get discouraged with this but it just does not seem to be working for me as well as others who have been here the same amount of time.

9. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 13 years ago

Read Misha's hub on backlinking. He has also just written an excellent hub on keyword research.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Backlink-Tool-O … or-Writers

10. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Thank you Terry
    I will have to read your hub. I am up for anything legal that will help.

1. TerryGl profile image58
      TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And don't forget, FREE.

1. Ohma profile image59

free is always good.

11. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Sue I follow Misha quite faithfully. I have tried many of his suggestions but I think the trouble is that I write what I know which is not very searched for. I have tried to build keyword based hubs but they seem very forced and lacking to me.

12. talfonso profile image85
    talfonsoposted 13 years ago

My best strategy for driving traffic to my Hubs is creating both evergreen and deciduous content (with the former more than the latter). For deciduous content, people look for tutorials on how to fix their Christmas trees in a few weeks or months leading to the holiday, but after that the traffic falls until the next day. Also, it's dated - specifically to a fixed holiday or the season in general. Evergreen content is not dated and it has useful information that is still relevant decades from now, like my health Hubs. That's how I drive traffic besides backlinking and all the relevant keyword stuff - writing quality, timeless/annual content.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)