How does a hubber in UK get paid for sales on Amazon.com

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 13 years ago

Hi, I have just checked Amazon.com for payment details.  It seems that you can get paid direct to your bank if you are in USA or get paid by Amazon.com gift certificate.  If you want to be paid by cheque, earnings have to be $100.  How can I get paid in UK?  I can't have the money paid into my bank as it only operates in US and I'm not sure I can use Amazon.com certificate on Amazon.co.uk  HELP!!!!

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Alison, I used to have mine set up to pay me in gift vouchers, but then Lissie told me she gets hers sent to her as a cheque, and the bank charges less than $10 to bank it.

I hadn't heard about them losing cheques though.

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Well, I'm in Spain which is same neck of the woods (sort of) and I haven't yet reached payout for Amazon...BUT....I've arranged with them to pay straight into my Spanish bank account when that great day comes.
    So look again, if you are outside the U.S, you still have that option.
    Amazon.com do sell to those outwith the UK as well. I'm stuck with either buying from amazon.co.uk or amazon.com. There may well be a foreign language Amazon in Europe, but I'd rather stick with an English language one. Amazon.com don't ship everything to Spain, but neither do the .co.uk lot.

Alison Grahamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for the info Izzy - how did you arrange the Bank thing as my Bank hasnt got what they call a routing or router code on the cheque as shown on the 'how do I get paid' faq help section - thanks again, Alison

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was messing about their site one day when I came across the option, and it allowed me to input directly the numbers the Spanish Bank have, which they accepted.I didn't want a cheque because cashing an American cheque costs too much. I can't replicate what I did, I don't think...but hang on and I'll look...um it says under account information -> payment info ->change payment method, that they are paying me by cheque. Oops, looks like they didn't accept the bank account details I infilled after all.
        Good thing is, they won't pay me until I've reached $1,000 which at any time after I have reached $100 I can change. I have a feeling the banks here in Spain will take at least 20% in commission to cash a US cheque and you are likely in the same boat.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Um - you might want to check that. I was pretty sure this is not an option for non-US based banks and - it is not.

Amazon.com will not pay direct to foreign banks, nor will they pay in anything other than US dollars. This is from their FAQ:

"Amazon.com can only disburse payments using US dollars, and the systems we use are only set up to handle payments within the United States. Please note that the cost to transfer funds outside of the United States is prohibitively expensive at this time."

You cannot use anything other than Amazon.com here on hubpages - so - I am guessing you are signed with another Amazon?

You can only sign up with Amazon.com on Hubpages as far as I know - am I wrong?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

I thought I said that? wink

If Izzy is able to accept direct non US dollar Deposits (which she is not) she would have to have been signed up with a European Amazon.

Cleared that up now.

Open a US dollar account. Try one of the online stock brokers - they are almost completely unregulated to allow terrorists to launder money without restriction and basically offer a US bank account without jumping through the hoops. wink

1. IzzyM profile image87

I've got a dollar account with Paypal...that's no good?

Can you pay cheques in to it?

1. IzzyM profile image87

To be honest, I've never tried. I only use it for online work.

2. Alison Graham profile image93

I have now emailed Amazon.com to ask them what to do.  I will let you know what they say.

LOL - I already told you what they say:

"Amazon.com can only disburse payments using US dollars, and the systems we use are only set up to handle payments within the United States. Please note that the cost to transfer funds outside of the United States is prohibitively expensive at this time."

Which makes it your problem - not theirs. wink

1. waynet profile image67
              waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LoL! it must be the sunglasses, she can't read you!

Took me a while to understand that these affiliates do not give a shit about me. Amazon "lose" a cheque once a year - regular as clock work. wink

1. waynet profile image67
                  waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha! yeah that's happened to me twice, so I opted for the gift certificates and just buy books from my Amazon earnings, at least I can bank my adsense and Ebay earnings...

Yeah - the last one they lost was for $1,800. I don't really want to spend that much money on books. sad We are still "discussing" this one. LOL

3. IzzyM profile image87

No, you are right. You can be an affiliate with Amazon.co.uk but even blogspot wants you to integrate with amazon.com, not co.uk. I haven't sold a thing through them yet, because I have not found a platform on which to use them. I don't have my own website yet.

To Mark, I was busy writing the last post - and looking up Amazon - and missed your post. Of course you are correct. I don't know if they wrote to me or I just found the part - but I infilled details to be paid into my bank with them. I'm sure i did - maybe I just dreamt it, I'm getting on a bit you know!

But the final thing is, they say they are sending me a cheque when it reaches $1000. I might have a long wait for it, but I think the Spanish bank will take a lot less commission on a big cheque than on a small cheque, but I am open to listening to others more in the know than me.

3. BristolBoy profile image62
    BristolBoyposted 13 years ago

Well I have set up for a cheque to be paid to me at my home address.  Can alter the values from $100 up wards.  If you can get stuff delivered to you from Amazon.com why not get gift vouchers for them (then you don't have the cheque/direct transfer problem!).

4. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 13 years ago

Thanks for all the answers, I think I pronounce this topic closed!  I now know that the only way I can get paid for promoting Amazon products on my hub is via a cheque, minimum $100 for which they will deduct a commission of $15 so that doesn't sound that good a deal to me.  I will investigate whether Amazon.com will deliver to uk in which case I could get a gift voucher as I am very unlikely to reach the sort of figures of Mr Knowles!

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Alison, Amazon does not deduct any commission from your cheque.  Quote from their website:

"If your billing address is outside the United States, and direct deposit is, therefore, unavailable to you, we will waive the $15 fee."

Your bank will charge you a commission to bank it, since it's in US dollars.  You could ask them how much that will be.

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can open a topic, but closing it is beyond the power you have smile

Sorry Misha, didn't mean to come across as some sort of megalomaniac!  I just meant that all the helpful answers had given me the information I originally asked for!  Thanks everyone. 
        PS - I did also email Amazon prior to hearing from everyone here and they confirm I can get a cheque sent with no commission deducted.  I did ask if they would consider/have considered paying by paypal which I would imagine would be no more difficult than paying into a Bank Account and would have the advantage of Associates outside US not having to wait till they got to $100 (although we would then have to pay PayPal commission).
        Thanks again everyone.

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Wow! I used to look at ebay a lot, but I confess I haven't used them since they refused me affiliate status. Need to go back to see if anyone wants to my buy some of the tat I've got around here. Maybe some Carrefour carrier bags...no,they're too dear, make it Consum (a really cheap supermarket)? LOL

6. profile image48
    rivaldoxposted 13 years ago

I am in the UK and trying to get paid fom Amzon.com (have about $1200 USD waiting disbursement).

They will indeed only pay to US bank account with routing number (which indicates that ACH payments can be made to that account). I have opended a dollar account in the UK with Citibank and a dollar holding account with 1st direct - neither of thise will cut it for amazon.com. HSBC have said they may be able to open a suitable account (£100 fee) which I haven't fully explored yet. The fee would be payable apparently, even if the payments from amazon did not go through.

Amazon.com are offering the option of cheque payment ($10 fee) but only if you close your seller account. You can re-open but you  would not retain your feedback(?) and obviously would need to reload inventory.

If anyone's got a solution on this I'd love to hear it!

Rivaldox

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)