I need help with my hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Dorn profile image61
    Dornposted 13 years ago

Are any of them good? I have seen a steady pace of only 10 people per day looking at them and I am wondering if it is because the content is not good enough. I am somewhat new and know that it takes time, but is it the content or just that no one can really see them yet.

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
      Glenn Raymondposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just went and checked out one of your hubs and I think it is a wonderful topic and you have covered it well.  Check your syntax, but everything else seems great.

I think you are needing to do as I am, do everything you can to draw people to your hubs.  Check out all this wonderful information on getting hub traffic and you will see it pick up.

Keep at it, because you are doing an excellent job.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Just to let you know, you can post links here in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum, instead of making people click to your profile.

Is there a particular hub you would like checked out???

I would say post about 3 links for people to check? I guess it would be up to you which ones.

To ask someone to go through 10+ hubs, is just a bit much, if you think about it.

I'm off to check out some of your hubs, but do let others know which ones you would like check.

Btw- Welcome to HubPages! smile

1. zzron profile image56
      zzronposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a question, as I'm writing this question, I see over to the left it says you're not supposed to post links promoting your own hubs.  Is this true or not?  Thanks.

3. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I went to check them out but honestly I'm not a sports person.  I would suggest playing around with your pictures first off because that's what attracts readers first how the picture relates to the topic. 

Go to your Google Search and type in great pictures of sports or steriod use and check out the pictures you can copy and store to your pics file then adding these to your hubs. 

Just don't use any pics that have a webs stamp on them as this would be copyright issues.

Thanks and Best of Luck,
    Katiem2 smile

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I checked out about 6 different hubs and most of them could use adjustments on layout.

Here is a link to a hub about writing Hubs.

I'm going to give you the link, however, when you go to the hub, it will be talking about another Hub, just a more detailed area of the first hub.

So, when you arrive at the hub, in the beginning of the writing, it credits another hub, click on that hub and read it as well.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Write-a- … our-reader

Edit: The two hub writers will give you great advice. Some of your hubs are a bit short, but good topics.

1. Dorn profile image61
      Dornposted 13 years agoin reply to this

do you think anyone can give me help on my hub about Internet gaming? Any help would be appreciated.

5. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

I checked out your steroids Hubs. . and my first suggestion is to interlink them .. instead of just saying "check out my next hub on ...."

and I would also make mention of some athletes that have gotten into trouble using steroids.. . there are so many of them you could have a 'field' day!

1. Dorn profile image61

I will definitely do that thanks for the advice.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
        wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

anytime! You will do just fine. . you sure have some good info already . .

6. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile also, we all started with a trickle of visitors. It does take time. Set a schedule for writing a or a few Hubs one or few days and set another one or few days for promoting. There are a lot of articles on HP itself that can help you generate traffic. smile use the search bar at the top and most of all, have fun.

7. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

Dorn, I'm just doing a quick check on your hubs and I'm not a sports expert, nor very experienced with the topic of weight training, so I can't say too much about the content of some of your hub info - except that you seem to make really reasonable statements and the articles look pretty good to me.

However - keywords could be added on your hubs. I've noticed that a lot of your keywords are single words. You're missing a great many more keywords you COULD be using, such as the steriod names and short phrases (ie: steroid name+the keyword "abuse" on your hub warning of steriod dangers and abuse) and also - short phrases like "steriods side effects," "side effects of steriods" "dangers of steriod use" - stuff like that, 4 words or under. People might search for these whole phrases on search engines and could end up on your hub.

Alternately, "safe use of steroids" might be a good keyword set if, in your opinion, there are responsible ways to use steriods combined with sports. (ie: some medications for injuries have steroids in them and I have had cortisone injections before for a sports injury - limited time - with good effects and no extra beard growth lol sorry bad joke).

1. Dorn profile image61

What do you mean by keyword phrases? I know that you need to put keywords in the title, but what does that mean for the rest of the hub?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)