Do you have more than one hub account?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (73 posts)
  1. Fluffymetal profile image77
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

Just curious and why?  Have you thought about it?  Tell me about the pros and cons if you do.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope, just the one.  For one thing, I don't have time for more than one.  For another, I've got so much good link juice built up on this profile, I'd hate to start from scratch.  And lastly, I like to be transparent when interacting with the community.

2. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do and I do so just because I feature one niche for my alias which is not related to my katiem2 hubs.   

Pro's, I create a more expert feel for the seperate niches so's not to be seen as a jack of all trades....

Con's are answering all the fan mail and keeping straight which user I'm logged in as, I've been known to answer comments thinking I was  signed in as one of my other users and then noticed later the avatar/user was the wrong one for the wrong account and in fact a visitor/alias... if you know what I mean...

Good question I look forward to reading the feedback you get...

Do you have more than one?

Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, and I get so confused in the forums at times, but I like having two accounts.  It is interesting to see the difference in my hub scoring.  It totally does not make sense sometimes.  I like to be able to choose which name I'm going to post certain hubs, and it usually depends on the traffic of each profile at the time.

1. katiem2 profile image60

I agree and understand... Funny that nobody has ever figured out I have more than one, I use actual pictures of myself, same time frame, in both and to me they look very much a like PLUS I have many of the same fans.... How bout you?

2. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I have 4. smile

Two are specialized, and one of them is in conjunction with my husband. Then there's another one I'm using as a catch-all, stuff that doesn't fit the other two, and then there's this one, which I freely use to offend people with in the forums. j/k

I'm not sure it's a good idea, really. But that's what I'm going with cuz that's how it is and I don't want to change stuff again. But like, apparently part of your score is based on how active you are in other areas here, so to keep up your score you'd have to do twice as much -or four times as much- work.

Plus you get your fans, and can't ask them to fan you on multiple IDs.

I have only ever used one other ID for forum participation, and that's cause I was working in it and too lazy to sign out.

WOW 4!!!

3. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

just this one and I'm still 'somewhat' new so I'm very excited to continue building my portfolio of hubs. I don't plan on having another account as I like the versatility of writing about all the many subjects I'm interested in. Hub Mob will catch me sometimes and I'll write about a subject that I may not have thought about writing.

also the time constraints of keeping up with more than one account is something I just don't have.

nice topic for a thread fluffy.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I have and maintain only one account. smile

5. profile image0
    selrachposted 13 years ago

I am  struggling to maintain one account.Wouldn,t have time for anymore

1. Dense profile image60
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is another guy with your avatar, and I'd always wondered whether you are one and the same. smile

2. Sue Adams profile image96
      Sue Adamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ditto

6. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

I know there are a lot of hubbers with more than one account but I don't think a lot will reveal that fact as they want to make their extra accounts successful on their own merits not for people following them for the sake that they know them. smile smile

7. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 13 years ago

I have three, each with it's own subject niche.

And I agree with blondepoet above, I don't usually advertise the fact I'm multiple people, unless it fits in with the theme etc.

But it's all spelled out in my profile, just so I don't come across disingenuous. I don't mind coming across as insane.

I never advertise that fact either, agreed!

2. Fluffymetal profile image77

I can agree to that
      http://goodbadandugly2.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/crazy-peeps.jpg

8. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

nine big_smile

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow Kimmy geez your fingers must get tired. Oh that is amazing.

9!!!!!!!!!!

9. Robert A. Harris profile image61
    Robert A. Harrisposted 13 years ago

Am new so only have 1 so far smile

10. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 13 years ago

Awhile back when I had some regular readers I created a second account for the purpose of posting my more functional but boring and/or repetitive hubs to, so as not to inflict them upon fans.  However I've managed to drive most of those regulars away now by not playing the game, so am able to post whatever I like under Mrvoodoo again. big_smile

11. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Yes. For undercover fun and for boring work. smile

12. BritFun profile image60
    BritFunposted 13 years ago

Just the one at the moment.  I can see the benefits of having more than one, to keep more of a "theme" against each profile.

Problem is, you'd need even more activity to keep your hubber score up on each profile.

Perhaps once I've built this one up a bit it might be time to diversify - but not yet a while.

My hub scores stay pretty close to the same.  My newer profile with less hubs, less traffic, and less followers actually has a higher score

I see no big issue with hub scores, they all went up rather quickly and stay there.  Remember Content is KING or QUEEN... smile

13. brettb profile image61
    brettbposted 13 years ago

I have two accounts now, my first was getting too successful so I want to keep it for making money, and this account for having fun.

This account has a pretty good score for just 2 hubs, which shows that if you build hubs people love then you will get a nice score.

14. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I have enough trouble keeping up with one!

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I share another group of hubs with a friend. smile

16. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

I only have one, and I would not want anymore. I think it would make me feel a bit weird interacting with people who might comment on my hubs, if they did not realise I was one and the same. Having said that, I can see the advantages if you want to write about something totally different, solely for the search engines, maybe. But I have no plans to do it myself.

17. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

I have three. I'm using one to do commercial hubs, and because its pretty repetitive stuff, I want to keep it away from my main user name. Also, it's a way to experiment without annoying a whole lot of people. I now have more articles under that username than my main one. The hubscore is a little lower, but then it doesn't have the age of this username, or the traffic -- yet.

The other is fallow at the moment, but I intend to use it to experiment with other commercial hub ideas. It will most probably concentrate on eBay and Adsense hubs, whereas the other one I am using at the moment concentrates on Amazon hubs.

18. Fluffymetal profile image77
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

There are more people than I thought that have more than one hub profile.  And for those of you that have more than two. WOW!!

I know and nine wow that's a lot, awesome coordinating skills... smile

2. lxxy profile image61
      lxxyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's not as difficult as it sounds. You are free to find different audiences for all kinds of styles and subjects. smile

19. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

according to my Adsense revenue, I doubt if I even have one account

LOL

20. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I have one other account - SoftCornHippo - on HP.  That one is for humor only and another side of my humor - I like to just forget about grammar and proper english sometimes and just let it all hang out.  With the hippo I can tell about personal stuff in a fictional, exaggerated way that I find very therapeutic.  Well now you know my secret life!  big_smile

21. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

also, I don't let SoftCorn come on the forums, because that would get way too confusing for me, so she doesn't have much traffic - I haven't backlinked those articles so that is a slight experiment to see how much backlinking helps - evidently it helps a great deal, but then so does interacting in the forums.

22. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

omg hubbers, I was joking, sorry about that.

1. profile image0
      selrachposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who knows you got the joke Kim.

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh, but some clearly didn't i was just clarifying. smile

1. lxxy profile image61
          lxxyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dante's Infernal?

23. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 13 years ago

Just one!
    I think having a different profile for a certain "niche" sounds like a good idea, but I feel like I barely have enough hubs to justify the one account right now.

And, as others have said, I find it hard to keep up with just the one as well.  Someday, maybe, but for now one is all I can handle.

Its really not hard... its actually kind of entertaining being two or more people.

24. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

One it is easier that way tongue

25. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Yes I've got 6 for each of my split personalities!

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dear Lord! How many personalities do you have... multiplying that by 6 is WAY more hubbing than I could handle.  big_smile

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've got 8 split personalities, but these 2 are on holiday at the moment and are on extended leave....

1. figment profile image75
          figmentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL - I've been told I have a few myself

2. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

they're not split

1. profile image0
            Non-offensiveUserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure about that?

3. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
          ThoughtfulSpotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I hope they are having a lovely time.  Do they vacation together? lol

Yes they do vacation together, as they are married and one of them is expecting twins, which means I'll have 10 split personalities very soon! lol

26. figment profile image75
    figmentposted 13 years ago

aka fluffymetal

my secret's out

27. tonymac04 profile image71
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

No! Can hardly keep up with one! Where do people find the time to have more than one?

28. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I started a second account because I wanted to try out a different style of writing - had to get away from the first person - and its been fun.  Interesting, too, how my second profile is related to differently by other hubbers. (I only use one account to post on the forums)

I've used both and got confused at times

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's why I don't - I'm sure I'd get confused and then, of course, maybe I'd want to post as one but I'm logged into the other...just too much of a hassle, so I stick with one.  (except the 30 day challenge - only my second account has posted there!)

29. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 13 years ago

I have several.

30. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Hey Wayne, you have 999 fans! Anybody dares to propel the number into 4-digit territory? wink

1000 fans...roll up...roll up...give me another fan! big_smile

1. watchya profile image61
        watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why's that so important ? LOL

It's not...I'm joking like a fish with no legs!

LOL I don't believe you!

I'm sure you have legs

No, they fell off while I was trying to dance...so I've replaed them with flaps of cardboard and can now shuffle along the dancefloor!

1. mega1 profile image79
                mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you get some dancing lessons, maybe your legs will grow back!  It worked with my friend - he was so lousy at dancing his legs just fell off, so he took some lessons and soon he didn't have to use those two by fours he had stapled on!  big_smile

you just got 1001

31. watchya profile image61
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

I have only one and only for a month ! lol

32. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

one, not enough apparently and one too many.

Cheers now I am 1000 fans strong, not that it means anything, just another accolade, cheers Ralwus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol What a child ! wink

33. ALL4JESUS profile image75
    ALL4JESUSposted 13 years ago

Sadly, I had to separate my religious hubs from the other hubs.  The world is not fully ready for full disclosure.  I couldn't bear not writing on religion and yet I couldn't have my personal views shadow the other hubs.

I didn't want two Hub accounts - I enjoy the ability to write and have categories and groups - that is one thing that Hub Pages is stellar about.

Great question!  Thank you for asking and the responses are fascinating!

I must agree. I've really enjoyed seeing what people had to say.

34. profile image0
    Justine76posted 13 years ago

I have one acount only. But this is the third one I've had.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)