Lost 3 followers today?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I'm not sure who has de-followed me, but I think there is definitely a popularity contest going on with Hubpages.. I know that whenever somebody adds  me I add them automatically, even if I think they may be a fly-by-night..and I don't usually add people, I wait for them to follow me because I want genuine fans! Ah well people should like an idea for one Hub I'm making smile

2. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

richie - they were probably spammers who friended you in hopes of adding to their own following via your reciprocity and have been caught and removed from HP.

I doubt it was a conscious move by a human

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image84
      Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So....what would a spammer do in that case?  What is the purpose of them doing that -- or do you mean as you said 'adding to their own....and have been caught..."  So do you mean they wouldn't really be sending anything bad out (spam stuff? ) but are just adding to their own base?  I don't see what their point to that is either?  I know these are basic questions, so might not seem worthwhile answering, but if you the time sometime, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

as in they did other spammer activities and their accounts were cancelled.

if their account is cancelled they cant be your follower anymore

3. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

You're not the only one Richie...I've lost 5 so far this week (one Tuesday, two Wednesday and two today).  hmm  Can't figure out why....

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

The reason is usually that a hubber has closed their account.
    Many will have lost some of the same fans as you for this reason, and yes, I have lost another fan. That's 3 in a week.
    In the last 20 months I have probably lost a total of 8 fans.
    As far as I can tell they all closed their accounts, so not to worry I say! smile

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I lost two earlier today, but gained another one. smile

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I lost three this week too! I don't automatically fan back, though I do take a look at their hubs and if I like them, I fan them. But there are many people who have fanned me who write rubbish, IMO, who I've no intention of following, especially when their recent hub activity has been a mad fanning spree of EVERYONE.
    I guess these people eventually either leave or get booted off HP so of course I 'lose' fans.
    BTW, if anyone reading this has fanned me and I haven't followed them back, it's because I was busy at the time, and then forgot later. No offence intended.

1. Dense profile image60
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

7. Dense profile image60
    Denseposted 13 years ago

Wow, does everybody really count everyone of their fans or is there a statistic that tells us how many have de-followed us?
    Just curious. smile

1. angela_michelle profile image94
      angela_michelleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was actually wondering that as well. I rarely pay attention to that number. I did as it got close to a hundred. Once it passed that mark, I stopped paying attention.

1. Dense profile image60
        Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seems to me that everybody is confident of their numbers - which means that it must be a stat somewhere - which means that our fans retention is 100%. Beat that! big_smile

8. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

I get it tattooed on my wrist for easy reference

1. angela_michelle profile image94
      angela_michelleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, Do you have to go get some of the tattoo removed every time someone debefriends you?

I have yet to notice it drop Ive been at 417 fans for as long as I can remember.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey sunforged, is that a short attention span taking into account or no? lol (j/k) smile

1. Pandoras Box profile image59
            Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Cags, are we doin' the 30 minute challenge tonight?

Okay that sounded wrong.

lol lol lol lol lol

Why you in the mood? If so, then take charge woman. tongue

I did two either yesterday or the day before... lol days again running into one another. lol

So, I am not sure if I am up for it right this second. lol

Nooo, lol. Okay I'll go fix the pics on a hub in a different account. Too small, won't work in the slide show. I didn't know that. I don't read fine print.

I'll check back when I'm done and see what's up.

huh? hmm

Okay, see you later. lol

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
          KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Boy, you're on a roll tonight!  LOL  smile

yikes - at least its still only at 3 digits, guess I need to get that ink edited.

...or I can pretend I was never here

9. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

I lost 3 this week also, but figured it was somebody who shut down their account or a spammer. Don't think I've pissed anyone off lately.....maybe or maybe not.

10. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

maybe someone got rid of a few of their sock puppet accounts and made new ones...lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)