1000 Page Views!!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 59 discussions (68 posts)
  1. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

I just hit 1000 Page Views, so says my "My Account" page!

WOOHOO!!

This is a particularly cool milestone for me, since I'm this new to Hubpages and like to think I have some great content.  tongue

1. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image78
      LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  Your doing great.  I can only hope, I too, follow in your footsteps!

You go girl!

tDMg
      LdsNana

2. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

very cool! congrats!

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

That's awesome.  I get excited about that kind of stuff too.

4. gamergirl profile image85

Thanks ladies.  I'm very excited about this whole Hubpages thing.  I really think we've got a good thing going for us here. smile

5. Angela Harris profile image66
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

Wow, that's great, especially with 20 hubs.

6. gamergirl profile image85

I know!  I'm pretty amazed by it.

I've also made 4.05 from adsense.  That's good, right?

7. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

Wow, that's great, gamergirl!  I'm only just over the 1,000 mark with twice the number of Hubs.  Mind you, my first few weren't on very topical subjects.  I'm learning!

8. cristina327 profile image78
    cristina327posted 16 years ago

Thats great to hear. Congrats !

9. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Well done. And on the Adsense too.

10. retireyoung profile image60
    retireyoungposted 16 years ago

1000 views is a great accomplishment.  I am sure there are some people with 20 hubs and 20 views.

11. Drax profile image81
    Draxposted 16 years ago

Charlotte,
    I read this and the lines of a poem occurred to me, it is called Gamer Doll;-
    http://hubpages.com/hub/poem102

Regards
    Drax

12. gamergirl profile image85

*megahugs for Drax*

I feel all special now!

13. Drax profile image81
    Draxposted 16 years ago

GG thanks much for the Megahugs... megahugs are mega :-) Drax

14. gamergirl profile image85

Wheeee!!! I totally just made 2500 page views tonight!!

15. sminut13 profile image62
    sminut13posted 16 years ago

wow congrats hope i reach tht lvl too some time

16. Kenny Wordsmith profile image73
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 16 years ago

All the best, gamergirl! I noticed that progress is in leaps and bounds, like money we earn. It's cumulative! Great!

17. shailini profile image58
    shailiniposted 16 years ago

congrats, I have just started and hit 100. Just one more zero to touch you..LOL...

18. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

Congrats!!!  I just hit 1000 this week.  I hope this is just the beginning.  Good luck and continued success.

19. Kelly Comas profile image67
    Kelly Comasposted 16 years ago

Nice achievement gamergirl. Congrats.

I never checked but I noticed that I have 10800 views already. One hub alone is already at 10500 in 7 days.

How do you make adsense money?

Kelly

20. gamergirl profile image85

3500 views and rising, and all I can say is thank you hubpages, this community rocks. big_smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Way to go Gamergirl, I have only 3600 views and I've not only been here a month longer, but I have more Hubs too.  You're flying.  I am now officially jealous!  smile

2. Princessa profile image81
      Princessaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Well done, gamergirl. smile   .

21. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

Very, very cool!

22. gamergirl profile image85

*blush*

Sorry for tooting my own horn, I don't mean to seem overeager here or make anyone jealous, weary of me, or any other negative thing.  It's just so exciting!

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Toot away.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Only teasing, Gamergirl!    Having good, successful Hubbers out there is good for all of us, after all.  Onward and upward!

23. Rapidwriter profile image59
    Rapidwriterposted 16 years ago

Congratulations.  I've just joined and you can both be my role models.

24. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 16 years ago

You know -  Crongratulations! Milestones are important.

25. Lela Davidson profile image81
    Lela Davidsonposted 16 years ago

YAY!!!

26. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

I wish you many millions more. A step is an achievement. One thousand km. walk start with a single step. I am happy for you. smile
    Warm Regards

27. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 16 years ago

To quote what a very wise man once told me...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

28. Betty Jo Petty profile image60
    Betty Jo Pettyposted 16 years ago

I'm new and guessing the views are something important. Good going to all you people. Now we new ones can catch up?

First, we need to write!  I feel like I have loads to learn about Hub Pages still.

I'm Betty Jo

29. gamergirl profile image85

Well, as of this writing, I just published my 30th hub and am happy to report about 5800 page views.

Also, my Adsense earnings have skyrocketed lately, though I blame that on my 'Floozy' hub. 

Thank you Hubpages for being a place I can outlet my creative juices in a constructive and rewarding environment!

30. Kenny Wordsmith profile image73

Have the floozies for money and write poetry for your soul! Then you'll have everything covered, pun intended big_smile

31. gamergirl profile image85

LOL  I love you, Kenny, you make me giggle!

You're right though.  *grins*

32. Kenny Wordsmith profile image73

It's like smoking a cigarette after an healthy meal. Though I don't know which the floozies are and which the poems are. I eat for my body and smoke for my spirit. So I guess, food is the floozy hub! big_smile

33. ramesh profile image58
    rameshposted 16 years ago

congrats gamergirl ..i wish you to have ur views in lacs from thousands ...great going keep it up..

34. guzie profile image61
    guzieposted 16 years ago

That is fantastic gamergirl.

Now can you share with us how you accomplished this?

I for one would like to know.
    Paul

35. gamergirl profile image85

Well, without giving all of my tricks away, I do a combination of things.

First, I make sure that the title of the hub is something catchy, especially when answering requests.  I put a lot of my own personality into my hubs, and try to write original content even when I'm talking about something popular (my guitar hero 3 hub, for example: http://hubpages.com/hub/guitar-hero-3). 

Second, I pay close attention to the tags I use for each hub, using key phrases from my hub to tag them. 

Third, I write about things I have an interest in, not just things that make money.  While I have a few hubs that are centered on hot topics (like celebrities, new games, etc.) I also have hubs that are deeply personal (my poetry.)

The biggest suggestion I can make to anyone out there who would like to be read requests about once a week, if you find one a week that draws your attention and write a good quality hub (spellcheck, can't forget spellcheck!) then before you know it you're helping your fellow hubber AND writing about things you may not have thought to write about before.

36. Whitney05 profile image83

Gamergirl- great tips! You do what I do to a tee. I used to do the social bookmarking, but eh, the traffic doesn't really pay off. I only bookmark the favorite of my hubs, but even still, traffic is slim.

37. gamergirl profile image85

Thanks, Whitney!  I am a bit leery of giving advice on how to make money on Hubpages, since that's not totally my goal.  I have enough fun writing and getting page views.  The money's just a side-benefit.  lol

38. Whitney05 profile image83

Oh I agree gamergirl. It's hard. I enjoy the lunch money I do get, but I just love writing. I found this site right after I quit my job at a petstore; I was beginning to regret my decision as I would not be able to share and help people with questions about their pets. As I hold tons of info in my head, I hated to be selfish and hold it for myself. Then I found this site, and it's helped me and others.

But, anyway... You just have to do what works for you, as the same techniques may not work for someone else.

39. profile image49
    yoursashposted 16 years ago

congrats! this should push it +1, heh.

40. Robinson Rex profile image60
    Robinson Rexposted 16 years ago

Nice job Gamergirl!  You're truly an inspiration.

41. Caryl Oliver profile image60
    Caryl Oliverposted 16 years ago

I haven't even been here long enough to have stats yet but I just love Hubpages already.  As soon as I get stats I will be able to compare...  Now I have something aspire to!

42. funride profile image69
    funrideposted 16 years ago

I´m glad to see that good writers get many page views (yes, I really like to read gamergirl words).

Just for the record I´ve 1242 page views so far after 2 months of hubing and 17 hubs.
    And I´m loving it!

43. gamergirl profile image85

You're going to make me blush, funride.

There are so many great Hubbers here at Hubpages whose work I admire more than my own.

For note, 6000 views now.  I've made enough in Adsense to treat myself to lunch.  Just gotta keep it truckin'. big_smile

44. Francis Moran profile image60
    Francis Moranposted 16 years ago

yes yes yes

very impressive achievement

hubpages is addicting, i can't seem to stop gravitating to this site, opening other hubs and my account too hehe

hubpages rulez!!!!!

45. profile image0
    daflaposted 16 years ago

Cool!  I remember when I hit 1000.  I was so happy!  Yeah, Hub Pages does rock, doesn't it?  I'm kicking up to 5000 now, and I haven't even been trying.

46. gamergirl profile image85

Update:

Thanks to the Hublove contest, I just passed over the 10,000 page view mark!

WOOHOO!

47. trakker14 profile image59
    trakker14posted 16 years ago

guess i better figure out more on the hublove thing. I am only at 4940

48. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 16 years ago

My David Beckham lens hit 100000 tonight.

If everyone is just patient and keeps building Hubs, the visits do add up over time...

49. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

Congrats to both gamergirl and Relache.

I just checked and my total views is over 100,000.  I didn't even notice when it happened.

50. Griffo profile image57
    Griffoposted 16 years ago

Not sure when i hit 1000 but i'm currently on over 1600 page views and i haven't been here long smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)