Sarah palin Signed with Fox News

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (103 posts)
  1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

How does everyone feel about this?

1. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is totally predictable and further evidence of her addiction to the spotlight without the responsibility of public service.  It is really good for the GOP because her candidacy in 2012 would have been a disaster for them and her.

Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She does not have to be in public service.  She is not the only one who seeks the spotlight.  She never claimed to be a candidate for 2012.

Will Katie Couric sit down to be interviewed by Sarah Palin?

Speaking rhetorically there is no doubt of her musings regarding her possible run.  But yes, she did not come out and state she was running, but neither do most when this far out.  Perhaps the negative reaction to her swayed her mind.

I would love to see the interview featuring just as you say.  Once again the outcome would be great as it would show Palin is still ill equipped to jump into something she knows very little about.

Sarah Palin has a degree in journalism and communications.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
              Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She should ask for a refund.

Yeah its not like she is successful or anything.

2. Unkotare profile image59
                Unkotareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you have a degree in journalism and communication? I don't.

2. Sara Tonyn profile image59
              Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did she shoot it and skin it herself?

LOL

3. rhamson profile image70

And Reagan had a degree in economics.  Look where that put us.  I am sorry my friend but the degree would only make her more dangerous letting her think she could do the job as she thought she could be Vice-President one heartbeat from the Presidency.

How was the economy after Reagan compared to the economy he inherited?

I don't know, how does it look now after all the trickle down economics has had its run?  He started with a poor strategy that gave quick incentive but caused a landslide of economic woes we have been trying to overcome for years.

Your not blaming the current state of our economy on Reagan Are you??

OMG! It would be hilarious!

"So, Katie, which...um...oh...what the heck are they called?...hmmm..."

"Is 'magazines' the word you're searching for, Sarah? Or 'newspapers?'"

"Don't start with me, Couric!"

1. William R. Wilson profile image60
            William R. Wilsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL.  Then she'd write a book about how unfair Katie was to her.

3. terced ojos profile image59
          terced ojosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pffff...are you kidding me? Sarah Palin interview Katie Couric? Now if that's not ridiculous I don't know what is.  Sarcasm intended.  Sarah Palin is as dumb as a rock; although I imagine after spending some time with her cronies over at Fox she'll master the art of limited perception, unequal time and of course the ever classic "yes or no" loaded question. Faux News is real good at lieing. Oooops I mean prevarication. Oooops I mean skewed perception analysis. "In the name of White Jesus, White God and White Country....Love it or leave it and homos be dammed...this is White Reverend Bill O'Hannity Beck saying God Bless Amerikkka from us good ole boys here at Faux News"

There must be a lot of people who agree with you that is why Fox only has the top ten cable news shows on television.

1. terced ojos profile image59

Yeah and so-called reality shows like "Hoes for Ray-J" and "Slut Charm Schools" and all other unscripted reality shows are absolutely booming and yes they are absolute garbage just like Fox News.  When I want to be entertained I turn Fox News on too; good garbage for a good laugh. Just because a good portion of idiots watch a given program doesn't mean the programming is good. If anything Fox News exposes how many deluded bass-ackward so-called Americans there are in the country.

Don't hold back man. Tell us what you really think!

LOL....i'm just getting started dude...smile

2. terced ojos profile image59

...And a good day to you as well Mr. Wilson. big_smile..smile

2. Arthur Fontes profile image74

What are you talking about the majority of the population that watches cable news.

2. rhamson profile image70

The funny thing is that if you look at it that way, The National Enquirer and similar rags get the same attention.  Does that give it any more credibility.  America will watch anything.  Kind of like a car wreck.

Why don't you tell us the kind of people who watch Fox?

People who look for a controversy or a whipping boy as an outlet for their anger about what is going wrong in America.  This could be perceived or contrived but still has the same effect.  I watch it to judge where the rights baseline is and if there is any merit to their issues. Too many times I hear the inuendo and am surprised after awhile it later refered to fact to prove their claims.

To be fair I also watch CNN to see the other side and am surprised at how much is left out to prove a point or issue which is in essence just as bad.

The whole news media is a sham and should be held accountable as criminal in a lot of their complicity with government to manipulate the news for their own gain.  Their access to the politicians drive their ambition and fear of losing it to another competitor for ratings continues their manipulative behavior.

Well on that point I can say I completely agree.  I do not pay for commercialized broadcasts so I do not watch any cable news.  I do listen to talk radio and I find it entertaining.  Most of my news sources comes from twitter.  There I have access to news agencies worldwide.  I like Canadian press as well as BBC.  Even Russia has media that is worth watching.  I try to gather my sources from diverse places.

Hey, now. No need to insult rocks.

4. ambieca profile image60
          ambiecaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to see that interview! lol

1. profile image0
            Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that'll be a gem.

2. The Rope profile image60
        The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the turn of phrase is "further evidence of FOX's addiction to the spotlight without the responsibility of serving the public"...and no I don't have a degree in journalism but in today's world journalism vs entertainment has become too blurred for most to distinguish.

1. Unkotare profile image59
          Unkotareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does that apply to CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, etc.?

There is a double standard.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i hope they get her a voice coach.

1. Sara Tonyn profile image59

You betcha!

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha! big_smile

2. Arthur Fontes profile image74

Fox will do what is necessary.  They do have the top ten cable news shows on TV.

3. Michael Willis profile image66
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wasn't she in a TV show before she got the Alaska gig? lol
        http://extratv.warnerbros.com/images/news/0320nanny.jpg

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She'll probably do fine, as long as she doesn't compromise her principles for ratings.

4. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not surprised. She loves to talk. She is a technical journalist.
      I wish her luck.

5. profile image0
      Millionheirposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why does this not surprise me?

Should it surprise anyone she is probably going to get paid more than the VP.

6. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And, this matter why exactly?

Sarah Palin always seems to have a lot of hatred directed towards her.  I wonder why.  She seems to be quite a succesful woman.

1. TMMason profile image61
          TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes she is. But she is not a lefty, or democrat. So that makes her acomplishments null and void in the eyes of the left and progressives.

I guess I should say, in the eyes of quite a few of them.

Yeah, that must be it....roll

1. TMMason profile image61
              TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes. That does seem to be it.

I am glad you agree.

That was easy.

Sidebar question:  How does one achieve a hubber score of 13?  Is this like golf or something?

2. jfreemon profile image59
    jfreemonposted 14 years ago

While the United States has had quite a few "stars" fall in as President, I don't think we've ever had a failed running mate become a talk show host.

Now what if she manages to achieve huge ratings she could slide into a candidacy with a huge propaganda campaign behind her.

3. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

news has become a sitcom

4. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Golly, who could  have seen this coming?  Besides everyone of course. lol

Her coaching will have to reach beyond voice; she will have to learn to pronounce "Biden" which according to her campaign team was next to impossible. She will also have to learn to articulate a logical position.............wait, this job is with Fox, nevermind.  She will have to be a shrill voice of alarm to play on the irrational fears of a dim-witted audience.

No coaching necessary.

I think her voice could better be marketed as a wake up alarm on clock radios.  It could wake the dead. smile

5. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

******BREAKING NEWS******

Sarah Palin resigns from Fox.

1. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
      She might continue to beat her own record for quitting jobs.

6. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

i like sarah

7. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 14 years ago

Is the talk show about cooking?

I doubt she can even mix well the right ingredients...

8. Arthur Fontes profile image74

I miss you Ronnie sad

9. Chef Jeff profile image59
    Chef Jeffposted 14 years ago

I'd really like to see her try another network where she would not get blanket aceptance for everything she said.  I have no doubt that if she challenged herself by going to some other network she could actually grow and learn from the experience.

She's not an idiot.  All she needs is some "Southern Exposure" to get knowledge about how to conduct herself in difficult situations.  And who knows?  If she went to CNN or even MSNBC, or dare I say it, PBS, she might actually become a stronger, more knowledgeable candidate for any future office.  I'd say she's been pretty sheltered thus far by her own arrogance and inability to acept criticism, as well as those around her who seem to be "yes people".  No one ever grows into a better person by being pandered to, and FOX would pander her like it does Beck and others.  Her working at FOX would be lke working in her own echo chamber.

FOXNews ratings have very little to do with reliability or factual reporting.  People who like FOXNews usually do not ask many critical questions of FOXNews, tending to accept their every word as gospel truth.

Cheers!

Chef Jeff

The only one who could afford her was probably Fox.  Fox has more viewers then CNN MSNBC and PBS combined.

Hmmm. I'm disagreeing with you on both points. I'm not sure any other station would want her. There's no way she'd qualify as an expert commentator on serious news issues.

FOX is obviously taking advantage of her popularity with conservatives, but I really think she'd cost any other stations viewers -- after an initial surge from curiosity.

I don't mean that harsh as it sounds. I'm only trying to point out that if we're being honest, her fame is due to her looks and personality not to her political expertise. (Jeez. That sounds kinda harsh too. Sorry! I'd better stop explaining before I make things worse!)

Do you think Obama is qualified to be President based on his years of experience?

Based on his years of experience in politics? Hmm. I'm on the fence. It would be tough to use any one single factor by itself to determine his qualification.

But if you look at all his qualifications (political experience, education, achievements, awards, etc) I'd have to say yes.

Have you looked at Sarah Palin's political experience, education, achievements?

We are talking about cable news look at Chris Matthews.

Sure, her lack of qualifications is well known. That's why her fame is based on her looks and personality, not her background or experience.

I've said many times that if you put 40 lbs on her and added some wrinkles she'd lose all her appeal. She's basically just GOP eye candy. (Who said a sucker?!)

10. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Oh goody.
    The only downside I see is she'll be competition for Glenn Beck -- tough call on which one is more hysterical and shrill.

BTW, hysterical and shrill are not adjectives intelligent people value in their news sources. For everyone else, there's Fox.

Nah! It's not a tough call. Beck is much more hysterical and shrill. And teary. His feminine side is in full bloom.

On the other hand, appearances aside, I think maybe Palin's masculine side is more dominant. She's hunts, kills, skin animals before breakfast, wrestles alligators, trains lions without a whip, outlasts marines in push-up contests, disarms nuclear weapons while wearing a blindfold...

11. Arthur Fontes profile image74

Sarah Palin’s Experience
    Governor
    State of Alaska
    (Government Agency; Government Administration industry)

December 2006 — June 2009 (2 years 7 months)

Vice Presidential Candidate
    2008 Election
    (Government Administration industry)

2008 — 2008 (less than a year)

Chairperson
    Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission

2003 — 2004 (1 year )

Mayor
    Town of Wasilla

1996 — 2002 (6 years )

Council Member
    Wasilla City Council

1992 — 1995 (3 years )

Good point. No education credentials; no awards, no achievements to speak of; has only dealt in backwoods politics where the population can be counted on one hand. And the woman can't hold a job.

We are discussing a news show.  You do not think she is qualified to be on a news show?

You brought up the political experience stuff. I just responded to it. big_smile

I told you why she got the job on FAUX. It had nothing to do with being qualified as a commentator.

Maybe she could handle being a guest.

If she had a script to read from.

And if she can read. OOPS! That slipped. wink

I thought you were saying she was not qualified to be a news commentator.  My responses have only been about that I am not a Sarah Palin supporter but she does seem qualified to be on a tv news show.

Yes, that is what I'm saying.

Unless you're talking about news like "A new McDonald's opened at the corner of Main and 55th street". She could probably do that...with a script.

Otherwise the best she can do is offer an uneducated opinion on world news, major politics, etc. What qualifications does it take to do that? People do it online all day, every day for free.

12. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Another reason for me not to watch Fox News?

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying all Fox News is bad?

13. Arthur Fontes profile image74

You are probably right and no one will watch her.
    Fox is just spinning their wheels.
    Look how abysmal her book sales were.

You're missing the point. FAUX brought her on board because she's a curiosity, not any kind of authority or deep thinker.

People will watch because (a) she's GOP eye candy, (b) they're curious and (c) they're looking for a good laugh.

She'll draw plenty of viewers for those reasons -- at least initially.

14. wsp2469 profile image59
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

I'm okay with this.  I would rather have her on Fox then as a VP.  Sorry, but I don't think any woman who hasn't gone through the change yet should be in office.
    I don't want my kids to get drafted because some lady president has a heavy flow day, okay?

Now that I totally agree with!

1. wsp2469 profile image59
        wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ty!

15. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I never watch it, so I won't have to mute it when she's on. tongue

16. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I would say she is well qualified for some Fox news segments. lol

17. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Well before pointing fingers at Fox you should check the ratings. I think more Americans think they get it right as compared to the generic news and the msnbc circus.

Are ratings evidence of quality reporting, or just of popularity (and entertainment value)?

edit: it's a rhetorical question.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I understand your point but I do believe more Americans are middle-right leaning and the other networks are pretty liberal. But I think that would explain the success of conservative talk radio. If you go too far left or right you lose too many Americans The middles where it's at.smile

The future is definitely to the left.

2. terced ojos profile image59

(SIGH)...it used to be that slavery seemed like a pretty thing. At least that's how most of the public saw it.  It used to be that public hangings were "entertainment"...it used to be that you could whip your wife in broad daylight and noone would do a thing about it...Faux news is clearly skewed; to hell with that they outright lie...it's so well documented I imagine that at some point their plug will get pulled...In any case simple minds abound...I can write things that manipulate your emotions for a given effect; I can ommit facts and focus on speculation and create a monster in your mind that doesn't exist. If you watch Fox news and are by an large unable to know when they are doing that to you. You're an idiot and if that means that a good portion of the population are idiots then so be it.

1. Mitch Rapp profile image60
          Mitch Rappposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol roll

Did you say something?

big_smile

18. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Many republicans and/or believers will watch nothing but Faux News, while those on the left tend to spread their attention between several news networks.

Reading is good too.

big_smile....Good Wun...big_smile...

19. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I'm glad to see her take the job.

20. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

About the same "Unko".  Almost all news shows have crossed the line these days. FOX just beat the others to the punch this time, but then they carry the #1 spot most of the time - sensationalism is the stock in trade to get the viewers.

21. egiv profile image60
    egivposted 14 years ago

Great move for Fox - She's  pure  genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_ … re=related

22. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Palin will be just as good as any other so-called news journalist on TV today. Few of them do their job. The ones who try, like Jake Tapper, Helen Thomas, and Major Garrett are beating their heads against a brick wall trying to get the WH to answer legitimate questions. Did you see the last news conference with Robert Gibbs? I think the reporters were ready to throttle him! And I'm not just talking about right-leaning reporters, either.

23. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Good for her. Hope she makes a ton of money.

24. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Gee, Terced, sorry you think I'm an idiot for watching O'Reilly, Sheppard Smith, and Huckabee. I also watch C-span, CNN, and even some of MSNBC. I read volumes of news every day, too, from liberal, moderate, and conservative sources. That is the ONLY way to get fair and balanced reporting. If Keith Olbermeister, Glenn Beck, and similar raving loons are what you call real news, I think you're really stretching in calling us idiots just because we might watch a couple of FOX shows.

25. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Couldn't tell you actually. Haven't been to my profile in a while. Didn't even notice till you said something. Could be cause I have done nothing in or on my profile or hubs for a while. I have other things I am busy doing. I'll get back there again someday.

Trolling forums?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)