The New Hubnugget Hub is finally up....Yay!!! PLUS WINNERS!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (32 posts)
  1. ladyjane1 profile image70
    ladyjane1posted 12 years ago

It was a dark and stormy night and just right for a little hubnugget mystery....join in, read and vote for your favorite hubs. Cheers to all the nominees and good-luck!!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Dial-H-for-Hubnugget?done

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I love a good mystery! Off to read and vote!

2. zulueta19 profile image60
      zulueta19posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Superb mystery.  Good luck to all nominees..

3. profile image52
      ForYourInfoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good plot to write mystery.....hey keep it up waiting to read.

2. RedElf profile image91
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Read and voted!
    Congratulation to all the nominees!

Great fun, police and all! Actually some of them were kinda cute! big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

1. cynthia50u profile image54
      cynthia50uposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Michael Willis profile image66
        Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Spamming your e-mail is NOT allowed in HubPages forums. And I have seen many of this type of spam already from this user.(Reported)

3. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 12 years ago

oooooh mystery....me like! Off I go LadyJane... big_smile

4. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 12 years ago

Food and Cooking Nominees:

Newest Info Radiation Contamination Risk, BC, Canada
    Stromboli: Roast Beef and Cheese (Step by Step with Photos)
    Benefits of Garlic
    Cooking by Feel
    Becoming Vegetarian - A Beginner's Guide
    Egyptian Food Recipes

The Family and Parenting Nominees:

PREGNANCY SECRETS - What they don't want you to know.
    Teaching Children Positive Behavior
    In Case of Emergency: Being Prepared for Babies and Young Children in the Event of Natural or Man-made Disasters
    Children with ADHD
    A Baby Boomer's Guide to Leaving Your Mark
    I eat lunch with abused children every week

The Education and Science Nominees:

Five Easy Things You Can Do to Celebrate Earth Day
    Top 8 Reasons to Learn Spanish
    Dytalov's Pass
    The Mystery of Sleepwalking
    How A Tornado Forms
    The Boxing Priest of Old Tombstone Arizona

Is this your hub?
    You've been nominated!!  Woohoo!  Congratulations!

Read and vote!

Click here to read and vote: http://hubpages.com/hub/Dial-H-for-Hubnugget

1. Julie2 profile image59
      Julie2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who chooses the hubs?

1. RedElf profile image91
        RedElfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The HubNuggets team chooses the nominees from a computer generated list of all the hubs that are eligible for that week's contest.

Then the HubPages community, and others, we hope, vote for their favorites.

1. Artist-For-Hire profile image69
          Artist-For-Hireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So what does a Hubber need to do be qualify? Hubscore >50 and the authors score >75? Anything else? (And if it is open for new Hubbers...) How new is "new"?

5. Artist-For-Hire profile image69
    Artist-For-Hireposted 12 years ago

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am absolutely overwhelmed by the welcome I have had here at HubPages. I have had such a warm welcome from followers and Hubbers making comments - it sincerely warms my heart. That's one thing but to have my hub

"Pregnancy Secrets: What they don't what you to know"

nominated in the Family & Parenting category has blown my mind. I could not have dreamt for this. The hub is based on a list that I recently gave to my pregnant sis-in-law but I have been wishing I could write a book about it for many years now. Warning  - may induce flashbacks of talc incidents, toddler watersports (yup...the toilet) and brown finger paint!
    I also want to wish the other nominee's the very best and congratulate them on their very fine work - it's going to be a tough one for voters. Good luck everyone...
    Elizabeth (Artist-For-Hire)

1. ripplemaker profile image78
      ripplemakerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Elizabeth!  Oh, remember you can absolutely email your family and friends to vote for your hub!  smile  Best of luck and enjoy the Hubnuggets!

6. Artist-For-Hire profile image69
    Artist-For-Hireposted 12 years ago

Yeah...that's a shame. I don't have any family or friends.  I sincerely don't expect to win (not if it involves family and friends voting) but it's so amazing to be nominated anyway. I'm a bit under appreciated in my normal life (aren't we all!) so that fact that this has been recognized by people who know what they're talking about...I can't find the words. I won't soon forget

That's okay then!  smile  No worries.  It is amazing to be nominated.  ANd all votes count, whether from fellow hubbers or not.  Enjoy smile

2. ladyjane1 profile image70
      ladyjane1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great job artist for hire and good luck on your hub and your book. I look forward to reading more from you and yes you write very well. Cheers.

7. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

I too am really excited about my nomination in the Family and Parenting category. It was completely unexpected. "In Case of Emergency: Being Prepared for Babies and Young Children in the Event of Natural or Man-made Disasters" was one of my first hubs, and I never thought it'd be up for an award.

Thank you so much to all who saw it's potential. I am enjoying being a part of the HubPages community, and things like this make it a lot of fun for me. I love a good challenge. smile

Good luck to all other nominees!

Congratulations!!! Keep on hubbing smile

2. ladyjane1 profile image70
      ladyjane1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you for a job well done you should be proud. Thanks for commenting. Good luck.

3. Artist-For-Hire profile image69
      Artist-For-Hireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Aah, so that's where I saw your name!! Knew I saw it somewhere...

Congrats PracticalMommy, you did a great job. What a thrill, hey? It's still sinking in

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
        ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you as well, Artist-For-Hire! It's a lot of fun, isn't it?

8. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image76
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 12 years ago

ladyjane1, I love mysteries.  It kind of reminded me of an old time "Gaslight".  Great story. 
    I read, enjoyed and voted.

9. Enelle Lamb profile image72
    Enelle Lambposted 12 years ago

Ooooh! I love a good mystery! Am off to read and vote big_smile

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

What a fantastic roundup Hub, defintely a "best" -- And what great response on this thread!

Mysteries and HubNuggets are always a good match. Congratulations, Nominees!

11. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Great Hub! smile Congrats to ALL Nominees and Good Luck! smile Voted up the hub and Voted! smile

12. ladyjane1 profile image70
    ladyjane1posted 12 years ago

Thanks everyone for your support for our hubnuggets and for your votes. Keep up the vote. Cheers.

13. Maltese-er profile image60
    Maltese-erposted 12 years ago

thank you so much for nominating my hub The Mystery of sleepwalking...it really motivates me to write more and more...smile)

14. Maltese-er profile image60
    Maltese-erposted 12 years ago

by the way...when does the voting end??

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
      ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe it ends Wednesday. Good luck!

1. Maltese-er profile image60
        Maltese-erposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks smile

15. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 12 years ago

The polls have closed and the winners are in! Vote totals were as follows:

Food and Cooking (23 total votes)

* Stromboli: Roast Beef and Cheese (Step by Step with Photos) (8 votes, 35%)
        * Benefits of Garlic (4 votes, 17%)
        * Egyptian Food Recipes (4 votes, 17%)

Family and Parenting (57 total votes)

* I eat lunch with abused children every week (19 votes, 33%)
        * Teaching Children Positive Behavior (16 votes, 28%)
        * PREGNANCY SECRETS - What they don't want you to know. (8 votes, 14%)

Education and Science (58 total votes)

* The Mystery of Sleepwalking (30 votes, 52%)
        * Top 8 Reasons to Learn Spanish (9 votes, 16%)
        * Five Easy Things You Can Do to Celebrate Earth Day (6 votes, 10%)

Congratulations to the winners, wannabes, and the whole HubNuggets team for another great week!

16. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Congratulations To ALL Winners! Great Job! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)