5 Things You Should Know Before You Starting Playing Ranked Games League of Legends
How to Play
This is pretty straight forward and I mean the decision is really up to you. You can either go straight into ranked games when you hit level 30 and not be ready and get a low elo rating as a result, or you can go in after you have play a lot of normals and get a much high elo.
- Try to have at least 500-1000 normal wins before you jump into ranked games. This way you will be a lot better and won't have to deal with really low elo.
- If you lose a couple of your first games in a row stop playing ranked for awhile. The first 10 ranked games you play are extremely volatile and if you mess them up you can really hurt your elo.
- Ask your friends or people you play with on what your weaknesses are and what you need to get better at so you can be better prepared for ranked games.
How to Support
If you do not know how to support you need to learn it. I like to call supporting the necessary evil of League of Legends because everyone needs to know how to do it but no one wants to.
- Try your best to learn support but only use it as a fall back. If you are bad at it you do not want to pick it unless you have to.
- Watch streams of good support players and see what they do and try to be the best you can.
- Always ward and try to gain as much map control as you can.
How to Jungle
Just like supporting, jungling is just something you need to know. If you do not know how to do it learn it. It is really not that difficult to do and once you learn it, it can be pretty fun.
- Do not just farm the jungle all game. Some newer junglers just farm the jungle and do not tr to set up and ganks or kills. Don't be this guy.
- Like support, know it so you can do it if you have to. Unless it is your strongest position do not do it unless you have to.
If you are playing ranked games in League of Legends you are gonna get raged at. It doesn't matter how skilled you are or how nice you are people will still rage at you constantly. It really is unavoidable and it is just a part of ranked games sadly. If you are just looking for laid back casual gaming then ranked is not the place for you.
- Use the ignore button. It is there for a reason and it negates a lot of negativity if you just ignore toxic players. Try to understand the frustration of ranked games and do not rage back.
- Try to stick up for your teammates and attempt to get people to stop raging if you can't.
Only Play Champions you are Good With
This is one of my greatest tips for people that are just starting out playing ranked games. If you bearly ever play a champion, playing it in ranked is just going to result in a loss 9 times our of ten. Stick to what you know until you have a great gasp on the game.
- This is one of the keys to success in League of Legends. It's is one of those, crawl before you walk type situations. Sticking to a small champion pool is the best way to learn the game and really get a handle on it. Not only will you perform better you will really start to learn how to be a good player.
- League of Legends Best Streamers
List of the best streamers in League of Legends
- Just how bad is fast food for you?
The health risks and effects of fast food.
- League of Legends 10 Things Keeping You From Gaining...
10 things that could be holding you back in ranked games in League of Legends. Tips on how to gain elo and win games.
- League of Legends How to Win Ranked Games
tips on winning ranked games and being a cool carry pro
- League of Legends Best Champions For Beginners
List of the best champions for beginners to play in League of Legends
- 10 Tips that Will Raise Your Elo in League of Legend...
10 tips that will help you raise elo in league of legends
- League of Legends How to Play Support
In depth guide on playing support in League of Legends as well as tips to improve your support play.
- How to Raise Elo League of Legends
Guide on gaining precious elo. Tips tricks and methods for people of all skill levels
- League of Legends Understanding the Meta
The explanation of the current meta in league of legends.
- A Guide to Playing League of Legends Ranked Games
Tips and trick to help aid the performance in ranked games. Ways to improve play and gain a higher elo.
More by this Author
List of the champions with the best crowd control in League of Legends and why crowd control is so important.
How to get to platinum elo in lol. How to win games in League of Legends. How to get to platinum bracket in League of Legends. How to become pro in league.
In depth guide on playing support in League of Legends as well as tips to improve your support play. Everything you need to know about the support role and how to play support like a pro.