Top Reasons why video games are good for you
Now many parents and other people say that video games are "unhealthy" or cause children to be "lazy". Well, in my opinion, this is not true. Video games have many benefits also that many people do not know about. They don't even take the time to think about these benefits. Here are some of the top reasons that games are helpful, not harmful, to children and others:
- As you might already know, they improve hand-eye coordination. Pressing the buttons to activate functions on the screen helps improve this.
- There are many games that teach kids about particular topics, such as math or spelling.
- Other games, like Cooking Mama, will teach children how to cook and make recipes.
- Tactical games will have people think about how they can win. They will have to develop strategies and think about how the enemy is going to move.
- Online games where children or adults interact with other players can help the person be more social. When a person can hear someone talking, but not see them, it can help open them up more. Many people think playing video games is anti-social behavior, but in many situations, it is the opposite.
- Video games put players into places that they would not actually be avle to go to in reality, such as a medieval kingdom or futuristic city.
- Mystery games will have a player be more observant of their surroundings, thinking about small details that don't seem to matter.
- Creative games that allow players to build their own levels or games help the player in their creativity. Games like these also may help one in considering if they want to design games as a career. I know that for me, the first time I designed my own game, I just kept going on from there to designing more.
- Video games can help a player in going for a goal, or never giving up. A game in which players gain levels will have the player see other players a higher level than them. This will cause them to keep playing so that they can get higher, too.
- Games in which player have a ranking based on their score may help them feel better about themselves.Seeing yourself high up on a leaderboard can make you feel pretty good.
- Video games allow you to escape from your world into another. Players with bad things happening in their life may play a game where they are the hero, or something similar.
- Games also help with reasoning and being more careful. Survival games where you only have a certain amount of ammo, or a game where when allies die they don't revive, help with this skill.
- War games or strategy games help with using teamwork to accomplish a goal. Online games especially provide this sort of gameplay.
- Video games can help with reaction speed. In games where players compete by shooting each other, usually the player who sees the other first will win.
- Video games provide a chance to do things in a game world without actually doing them. Would you rather have a person steal a car in reality, or in a game?
Games can be very entertaining, and provide a chance to do many fun things. While many people say negative things about them, they don't even think about what they are saying.