7 Great Games Like Diablo
Diablo is a very popular game that has many fans around the world. Although I would say Diablo 3 was over hyped, it is still a decent game. Diablo 2 definitely was the best out of the 3 in my opinion. Here are 7 games that are like Diablo if you are looking for other games similar to it.
Your favorite Diablo series?See results without voting
Torchlight 2 has a very similar style to Diablo. This game has 4 different classes.
- Outlander - Uses ranged weapons such as rifles, shotguns and pistols. They remind me of cowboys. If you like speedy characters, this is it.
- Embermage - A mage class that can cast spells and store charges. When the bar is maxed, spells are more powerful and require no mana. Pretty neat.
- Berserker - A melee class that can cast animal spirits and use claws to their advantage. When the charge bar is maxed, they can do critical hits for a short duration. I like how this class is a mix between barbarian and druid.
- Engineer - A support/tanker type character. Can heal with robots and attack enemies. He can use hammers, swords and polearms.
You get to play 3 different acts and also get to join forces online with other players, unlike the original Torchlight, which is only single player.
Drakensang Online is a popular "Diablo Clone" game. There are only 3 classes in the game:
- Dragonknight - Highly skilled in melee combat. Uses pent up anger to cast powerful skills.
- Spellweaver - Masters of fire, lighting and ice. They can teleport as well.
- Ranger - They can fight from afar or melee. An extremely versatile character.
Just like Diablo, you can add slots to your weapons and armor. Instead skill points, you have "talent", which enables you to unlock different skills.
This game is more casual. You are a wizard that needs to defeat the evil wizard Solomon Dark to graduate from wizard college.
The dungeon has a total of 10 floors and each map is randomly generated each time you start a new game. There are a lot of enemies in the dungeon, so it is extremely easy to get caught in a gang bang if you are not careful.
You can choose to get magic missiles, lightning or fireball when you level up. There are treasure chests filled with gold within the dungeon. Gold can buy you items such as health potions, rings and staffs.
This game is great if you are a casual gamer. It doesn't require too much time to play.
This game takes place in ancient settings, where you get to fight in Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt and Silk Road. Just like Diablo, they have day and night cycles. They do have a lot of classes to choose from, which makes it extremely fun. The class you become will depend on the 8 different masteries that you choose. You get to pick 2 out of the 8. They are:
With so many different combinations, the search for the best class is endless.
Seiken Densetsu 3(SNES)
In Seiken Densetsu 3, you get to choose 6 different characters to play. The good part is that you initially get to choose 3 of them. What is cool about it is that you can always switch between any of the 3 characters that you choose if you get bored of one. The 6 characters are:
- Angela - A mage from the Magic Kingdom of Athena. Uses powerful spells and magic.
- Duran - A swordsman of the Grasslands Kingdom of Valsena. Skilled in melee combat
- Hawkeye - A thief from the Sand Fortress of Navarre. Quick attacker skilled in melee combat.
- Riesz - An amazon princess of the Wind Kingdom of Laurent. Adept at lower or raising stats.
- Kevin - Prince of Ferloria. He can turn into a beast at night, making him really powerful.
- Charlotte - Granddaughter of the Priest of Light. Adept at healing.
Although this is an older game, it is fun and there is a lot of replay value because depending on who you choose as the main character will determine the end game boss. The fighting is also real time like Diablo and also has day and night changes.
Dungeon Siege 3(PS3 & xbox)
This is a dungeon hack and slash role playing game. There is a total of 4 characters.
- Lucas Montbarron - Melee fighter using sword with shields(optional)
- Anjali - A mythical being that can fight with a spear or elemental fire form.
- Reinhart Manx - Can fight either at range or melee using magic.
- Katarina - Fights with shotguns or rifles.
This can be played online as well, up to a total of four players. All equipment(except for ring) is unique to each of the characters, unlike Diablo, where certain equipment can be shared.
Fate is also a dungeon crawler type game. There is a lot of randomness factor in this game. Monsters, treasure chests and dungeon layout are random. What is cool about the game is you can choose pets. It is either cats or dogs. They can carry items for you and also go back to town to sell unwanted items for you. They can also fight for you. To make your pet stronger, you will have to feed it fish that can be caught from fishing holes or from vendors.
Fate's skill system is also pretty similar to Diablo's skill system. You can choose to increase 4 attributes. They are Strength, Dexterity, Vitality and Magic. There is no specific class in this game; hence you are able to customize your character any way you want.
Stuff you might like:
- Heroes of the Storm Hero Guide: Sneak Peek at the Heroes Available
With the closed beta just around the corner, lets take a look at the heroes revealed in BlizzCon.
- Rambo Online Guide - Facebook Games
Here is a brief guide for Rambo Online, a fun side scrolling shooting game that resembles the good old Metal Slug.
- Games Like League of Legends - The Best Moba Games
Here is a collection of games similar to League of Legends in the Moba games genre that exploded to the scene since the birth of Dota.
- 5 Games like Dota/Dota 2
Dota is a MOBA game initially developed in Warcraft 3. Today, this genre has exploded and has created a buzz around it.
- Epic Old Games That Are Still Being Played
While there are a lot of new games coming out now, there are some games that still stand the test of time. Some of these games are still being played frequently today.
- A List of Games Like Fire Emblem
Looking for games that are similar to Fire Emblem? I am going to introduce you to some fun ones to play.
More by this Author
If you enjoyed Age of Empires, then you will probably be interested in some of the games mentioned in this article.
Here is a brief guide to Rise of Mythos online and also a quick review of it.
A brief guide to the words Starbucks fanatics use and also unofficial drinks created using their ingredients.