Top Xbox 360 Games for Girls, Well Women
My Suggestions as a Girl Gamer
I admit it. I like to play video games, and every so often when the kids are tucked in bed I will take over the TV, and get myself caught up in a game. It can be distracting which can be good if you have a lot of stuff going on in your life. Some games have really good dynamic capabilities as well as storylines which make it entertaining, plus it is something I can connect with the hubby on. Sometimes you have to meet them 3/4 of the way, if you know what I mean.
We very rarely buy games new. They are like cars. They depreciate in value once they leave the lot or in this case plastic. We prefer to buy used. I personally use Gamestop. They have walk in stores and a website (gamestop.com) from which you can make purchases.
Sometimes online has better deals but you can receive immediate credit if you trade in games at the store while you are there to buy. Beware: trade in amounts are always way less then what you probably paid, way.
We use to have a regular white original Xbox 360 but it died the red ring of death. I wouldn't purchase the online books to fix it though as I am not technically savvy. I was going to pay Microsoft to fix it but then my basement flooded. :(
We ended up replacing it with a black Xbox 360 Elite. Supposedly the newer models do not have the red ring problem. So far so good anyway. We bought our system new but you can also buy these used. Note: We bought our Wii used and it works great, but it can be a problem if the previous owner set parental controls or passwords.
My Favorite Games (not for kids)
- Mass Effect 2: This is a sci fi role playing shooter game. I am not too good with the technical jargon but this is how I would describe it. You can play as John or Jane Shepard and you can tailor your character's backgrounds and looks from several different options. The story follows your character who has been arisen from death by a mysterious man named Cerberus to come back and fight galactic missions aimed at saving the world from the Collectors. Along the way you actively recruit different operatives to help you. Character interactions shape their loyalty towards you as well as the outcome. Pros: fun, not too easy, entertaining, good story Cons: It feels like there is not enough free play, side missions in the game.
- Fallout 3: The latest installment of this game is Fallout: New Vegas, but in my opinion it isn't as good as Fallout 3. If you haven't played either game start with Fallout 3. The Fallout series takes place in post apocalyptic America. Fallout 3 is in the Washington DC area. It begins with your character, a vault dweller, emerging from the shelter you have known your whole life to try to track down your father who has disappeared. Along the way you uncover the truth of your father's involvement in the wasteland politics and you complete missions and make choices about your character and her fate. Pros: Really awesome game, so entertaining, amazing story, graphics, and freedom Cons: Game is really detailed and story is far reaching so it can be glitchy.
- Oblivion Elder Scrolls: This game is pretty good. It is older too so it probably can be had for a pretty good price with some searching. This game is vast with one main story and tons of side stories. It is like Fallout sort of except instead of futuristic apocalypse you are in a fantasy medieval setting. There are knights, thieves, dark magic, good magic, and demons. There are a couple main factions and you need to get into as many of them as possible. Within these faction missions there are tons of stories and lots of new and different ways to strengthen your character. The graphics are amazing and the different skills, powers, and spells are fun to learn and utilize. It's a long game though. Pros: fun game, good story, really entertaining Cons: haven't found one yet.
- Gears of War 1 and 2: Another sci fi game this game is a shooter. There is no dialogue interactions but there are cut scenes that play out a story of an alien race at war with humans not from earth. While I am not particularly interested in this game on it's own, I really had a blast playing these games Co Op with my significant other. Pros: interesting story, great co op Cons: not to much fun single player for me, can be difficult.
- Splinter Cell Conviction: Here is another game I am recommending for Co Op. This story follows the main character of the series Sam Fisher after he quit working as an agent for NSA and is looking into leads regarding the death of his daughter. Although this game is a shooter much of it is played using espionage tactics and stealthy take downs in order to complete missions. In fact some missions must be completed without alerting the enemies to your presence. Pros: you must work together in co op to complete missions, interesting story, easy controls Cons: you must work together in co op to complete missions :)
- Kinect- Zumba Fitness: I will be honest, I still feel absolutely ridiculous jumping around with the Kinect. It takes a bit of getting used to. God forbid anybody find me using these games, jumping all around flailing my arms. With that said I love the Zumba Fitness style classes and this is a nice way to get into it without a gym membership. Now if only I could stop eating the Oreos. Pros: great way to get moving Cons: I feel silly
This concludes my list of my favorite Xbox 360 games as a women gamer. While many of these games aren't the new and latest thing they are of such quality that I still continue to play them long after the novelty wears off.
Have you played any of these games?
Used Xbox Games
More by this Author
Chronic rib pain is actually quite common ailment, more than people realize. Like all chronic issues it can be difficult and downright depressing trying to find the answer and even when you find an answer it many not be...
Leapfrog Leapsters have been in my household for at least eight years now starting with my ten year old's bulky silver and blue thing that didn't take batteries. We are ardent Leapfrog fans having practically all...