BioShock Cheats & Hints
BioShock is a first person shooter game that lets you do things that you have never done before in this genre. You can turn everything into a weapon and biologically modify your body with plasmids, hack devices, and systems. You are able to upgrade your weapons and craft new ammo variants.
In the game, you are cast- away into an underwater Utopia that is town apart by civil war. You will be caught between powerful forces and hunted by "splicers" and deadly security systems.
BioShock is loaded with awesome weapons, but you'll need more than guns to defeat the AI's. There are various different strategies that you can use to take out the enemies. Some of the things that you can do are listed below.
- Catch enemy grenades in mid air and toss them back.
- Freeze enemies and shatter them with your wrench.
- Lead the enemy and his men to water and zap they ith 1,000 bolts of electricity.
- Burn the enemy with home-made Molotov cocktails.
- Booby trap machines and watch them blow up in the enemy's face.
- Brainwash the enemy to be your body guard.
- Invent you own ammo variances.
- Turn the enemy's body guards against him.
- Light the enemy on fire and laugh missiles at him.
- Torment them with insects.
- Take research pictures of the enemy in order to learn his weaknesses.
- Send the enemy flying into the ceiling in order to knock him senseless.
As there are so many different strategies to play the game, no two gamers will play alike.
BioShock PC Game Cheats
GEP ArmoredBodyTwo : Armored Shell & Tonic
GEP EfficientCrafter : Clever Inventor Tonic
GEP DeepResearcherTwo : Damage Research & Tonic
GEP ElectricBodyTwo : Electric Flesh & Tonic
GEP ElectricBoltThree : ElectroBolt & Plasmid
GEP FreezingNimbusTwo : Frozen Field & Tonic
GEP AlarmExpert : Alarm Expert
GEP AlarmExpertTwo : Alarm Expert 2
GEP ArmoredBody : Armored Shell
GEP Bloodlust : Bloodlust
GEP BoozeHound : Booze Hound
GEP EfficientCrafter : Clever Inventor
GEP SpringboardTrap : Cyclone Trap
GEP SpringboardTrapTwo : Cyclone Trap 2
GEP DeepResearcher : Damage Research
GEP ElectricBolt : Electric Bolt 1
GEP ElectricBoltTwo : Electric Bolt 2
GEP ElectricBody : Electric Flesh
GEP BerserkRage : Enrage
GEP MedHypoOmnisynthesis : EVE Link
GEP MedHypoOmnisynthesisTwo : EVE Link 2
GEP HealthyConsumer : Extra Nutrition
GEP HealthyConsumerTwo : Extra Nutrition 2
GEP HealthyConsumerThree : Extra Nutrition 3
GEP ElectronicsExpert : Focused Hacker
GEP ElectronicsExpertTwo : Focused Hacker 2
GEP FreezingNimbus : Frozen Field
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.ChemicalThrower_Accelerant : 999 Accelerant for chemical thrower
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.Pistol_AntiPersonnel : 999 anti-personnel pistol ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.MachineGun_ArmorPiercingBullet : 999 armor piercing machinegun ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.Pistol_ArmorPiercing : 999 armor piercing pistol ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.Shotgun_IonicBuck : 999 electric shotgun ammoGiveItem 999
ShockGame.Shotgun_HighExplosiveBuck : 999 explosive shotgun ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.GrenadeLauncher_FragGrenade : 999 Frag Grenades for launcher
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.MachineGun_FrozenBullet : 999 freezing machinegun ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.GrenadeLauncher_RPG : 999 Heat Sinker Missiles for launcher
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.ChemicalThrower_IonicGel : 999 Ionic Gel for chemical thrower
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.ChemicalThrower_Kerosene : 999 kerosene for chemical thrower
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.ChemicalThrower_LiquidNitrogen : 999 liquid nitrogen for chemical thrower
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.Crossbow_Bolt : 999 regular crossbow ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.MachineGun_Bullet : 999 regular machinegun ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.Pistol_Bullet : 999 regular pistol ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.Shotgun_00Buck : 999 regular shotgun ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.MachineGun_RubberBullet : 999 rubber bullet machinegun ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.GrenadeLauncher_StickyGrenade : 999 Sticky Grenades for grenade launcher
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.Crossbow_SuperHeatedBolt : 999 super heated crossbow ammo
GiveItem 999 ShockGame.Crossbow_TrapBolt : 999 trap crossbow ammo
GEP SuperHeatedTwo : Human Inferno & Tonic
GEP SummonProtectorTwo : Hypnotize Big Daddy & Plasmid
GEP IncinerateThree : Incinerate & Plasmid
GEP InsectSwarmPlasmidThree : Insect Swarm & Plasmid
GEP ChameleonBlood : Natural Camouflage Tonic
GEP EyeForDetailTwo : Photographers Eye & Tonic
By following these instructions, you will be able to obtain any of the following tonics or plasmids throughout the game.
- First, make a text file, and call it Plasmid.txt
- In the file DefUser.ini, located inside the release folder, you want to set up a key with the following command: exex Plasmid.txt
- Then, edit the text file that you just created with any of the following commands, and then place it into your BioShock release folder.
- When you are in the game, you will want to hit the button you had bound to "exec Plasmid.txt"
- Next, you will want to head to a gene bank, and then enjoy your new powers.
The codes will be in bold, with their corresponding effect next to.
GEP ThoroughScavenger : Scrounger Tonic
GEP ExtendbedShutdownTwo : Shutdown Expert & Tonic
GEP FastTwitchTwo : Sport Boost & Tonic
GEP ChargedBurstsTwo : Static Discharge & Tonic
GEP DecoyHuman : Target Dummy Plasmid
GEP Telekinesis : Telekinesis Plasmid
GEP IcicleAssaultThree : WinterBlast & Plasmid
GEP MeleeMasterTwo : Wrench Jockey & Tonic
GEP SneakAttackTwo : Wrench Lurker & Tonic
GEP GeneticHacker : Hacker's Delight
GEP GeneticHackerTwo : Hacker's Delight 2
GEP GeneticHackerThree : Hacker's Delight 3
GEP HackingExpert : Hacking Expert
GEP HackingExpertTwo : Hacking Expert 2
GEP SummonProtector : Hypnotize Big Daddy
GEP Incineration : Incinerate 1
GEP IncinerationTwo : Incinerate 2
GEP IncinerationThree : Incinerate 3
GEP InsectSwarmPlasmid : Insect Swarm
GEP InsectSwarmPlasmidTwo : Insect Swarm 2
GEP MachineBully : Machine Buster (kill cam, bots, turrets efficiently)
GEP MachineBullyTwo : Machine Buster 2
GEP MedicineFriendly : Medical Expert
GEP MedicineFriendlyTwo : Medical Expert 2
GEP MedicineFriendlyThree : Medical Expert 3
GEP BioAmmoEfficiency : more EVE
GEP OrganicPockets : Organic Pockets (large capacity)
GEP EyeForDetail : Photographer's Eye
GEP ProlificCrafter : Prolific Inventor
GEP StationExpert : Safecracker
GEP StationExpertTwo : Safecracker 2
GEP ThoroughScavenger : Scrounger
GEP SecurityBeacon : Security Bullseye
GEP NearSightedCameras : Security Evasion
GEP NearSightedCamerasTwo : Security Evasion 2
GEP SecuritySystemsExpert : Security Expert
GEP SecuritySystemsExpertTwo : Security Expert 2
GEP ShorterAlarm : Shorten Alarms
GEP ShorterAlarmTwo : Shorten Alarms 2
GEP ExtendedShutdown : Shutdown Expert
GEP ExtendedShutdownTwo : Shutdown Expert 2
GEP SlowFlow : Speedy Hacker
GEP SlowFlowTwo : Speedy Hacker 2
GEP FastTwitchSport : Boost
GEP ChargedBursts : Static Discharge
GEP VendingExpertTwo : Vending Expert 2
GEP VendingExpert : Vending Expert (cheaper items)
GEP IcicleAssault : Winter Blast 1
GEP IcicleAssaultTwo : Winter Blast 2
GEP MeleeMaster : Wrench Jockey
GEP SneakAttack : Wrench Lurker
BioShock PC Cheats
INI File Cheats
- You will need to find and open "defuser.ini" in your BioShock installation folder.
- Then find the key that you want to bind the code to, and set the bind (for example, "F10=god").
- Lastly, save the file and start the game. While in game, make sure to press the bound key to toggle.
The cheat can be deactivated if a video cutscene appears or if you move to a new area.
The code will be in bold, whereas the effect, will be found next to.
walk : Disables both fly and ghost cheats
god : Become invulnerable or invincible
ghost : Disable clipping
fly : Allows flight
igbigbucks : Gives you $500
givebioammo : Gives you EVE
givehealth : Immediately refills your health bar to the maximum level.
killpawns : Kills all enemies on the Level
suicide : Kills yourself
slomo : Slow motion
teleport : Teleport to Crosshair
BioShock Patch Beta 1
BioShock PC Patch
- Added compatibility with Matrox TripleHead2Go, allowing you to play in Surround Gaming Mode across 3 different screens at once.
- Added rendering support for TripleHead2Go
- Added plasmids and gene tonics to include Sonic Boom 1 & 2, Eve Saver, Machine Buster 1 &2, Vending Expert 1 & 2.
- Added an option that allows you to disable the Vita-Chambers.
- Changed behavior of subtitles to improve inappropriate queuing.
- Added support for a walk toggle keybind
- Added the option for Horizontal FOV Lock
- Increased the Atlas VO volume for German releases
- Re-added the Human Inferno tonic
- Mouse acceleration
- Subtitles clear correctly
- For a possible situation when in Fort Frolic, attempting to take a picture of Cobb where his body may get stuck behind a fallen pillar, making the shot impossible is now possible.
- Subtitle timing match the audio better.
- Audio no longer stutters in Windows Vista.
- Characters no longer squirm and wiggling after dead.
- Blood decals and other projectors now show up on ATI hardware.
- The "Use Creative EAX Audio" option is now greyed out when EAX-capable hardware isn't present.
- No more audio concerns stemming from having a Speaker Setting in Windows that was invalid for the sound card.
- Reserved keys now function properly when keys are unbound.
- Keys now allow a rebind
- Removed erroneous "Reload" binding in a no-weapons context
- When bots are friendly to enemy AI's, the Training Message is corrected.
- When shooting a Mimic, the Training messages is correct.
- Refresh rate is not locked at 60hz in DX10 mode
- VSync disabled in DX10 mode
BioShock PC Gameplay
BioShock XBox Achievements
Hacked a Security Bot (10): You must successfully hack a security bot.
Hacked a Security Camera (10): You must successfully hack one security camera.
Hacked a Turret (10): You must successfully hack one turret.
Hacked a Vending Machine (10): You must sccessfully hack a vending machine.
Historian (50): You must find every audio diary in the game.
Irony (10): You must take a picture of Sander Cohen's corpse.
Little Sister Savior (100): You must complete the game without harvesting any Little Sisters.
Lucky Winner (10): You must hit the jackpot at a slot machine.
Maxed All Tracks (50): You must purchase every slot in all four Plasmid and Tonic tracks.
Maxed One Track (20): You must Purchase every slot in one of the Plasmid or Tonic tracks.
One Fully Upgraded Weapon (5): Self explainatory
One Successful Hack (5): Self explainatory
Prolific Photographer (5): You must take at least one picture in every research group.
Quality Research Photo (20): You must take a Research Photo of the highest grade.
Research PhD (20): You must max out all possible research.
Researched a Splicer (5): You must take at least one Research Picture of a Splicer.
Restored the Forest (15): You must restor the forests of Arcadia.
Seriously Good At This (40): You must complete the game on the hardest setting.
Skilled Hacker (40): You must successfully complete 50 hacks.
Three Fully Upgraded Weapons (10): Self explainatory
Toaster in the Tub (10): You must shock an enemy while he's in the water.
Tonic Collector (50): You must collect or invent 53 Tonics in the Physical, Engineering and Combat tracks of the game.
Two Fully Upgraded Weapons (5): Self explainatory.
Upgraded a Weapon (5): You must acquire at least one weapon upgrade.
Weapon Specialist (20): You must acquire all upgrades for all of the weapons.
BioShock XBox Cheats
By completing the achievement you will be granted the appropriate GamerScore, in bold.
Ammo Inventor (25): You must invent all ammo types.
Avid Inventor (10): You must invent at least 100 items.
Basic Inventor (5): You must invent at least one item.
Became a Big Daddy (30): Self explainatory.
Bought One Slot (5): You must purchase one slot in any Plasmid or Tonic track.
Brass Balls (100): You must beat the game on Hard without using a Vita Chamber.
Broke Fontaine's Mind Control (30): Self explainatory
Completed Cohen's Masterpiece (30): Self explainatory
Completed Welcome (10): You must complete the Welcome To Rapture Level.
Dealt with every Little Sister (40): You must either Harvest or Rescue every Little Sister.
Defeated Andrew Ryan (30): Self explainatory
Defeated Atlas (100): Self explainatory
Defeated Dr. Steinman (15): Self explainatory.
Defeated Peach Wilkins (15): Self explainatory
Five Fully Upgraded Weapons (10): Self explainatory
Found Cohen's Room (10): You must entered Sander Cohen's personal quarters.
Four Fully Upgraded Weapons (10): Self explainatory
Fully Researched Bouncer (10): Self explainatory
Fully Researched Gun Splicer (10): Self explainatory
Fully Researched Houdini Splicer (10): Self explainatory
Fully Researched Little Sister (10): Self explainatory
Fully Researched Nitro Splicer (10): Self explainatory
Fully Researched Rosie (10): Self explainatory
Fully Researched Spider Splicer (10): Self explainatory
Fully Researched Thug Splicer (10): Self explainatory
Hacked a Safe (10): You must successfully hack one safe.
BioShock XBox Gameplay
More BioShock Information
- BioShock Online
Find BioShock Game information and help.
- Official BioShock
Age appropriate information beyond the walls of the opening page.
- BioShock Game Review
Read the game reviews from various websites and contributors.
- BioShock Patch Download
Download patch 1.1 for the PC version of Bioshock.
- BioShock Demo
Install the BioShock Demo.
- BioShock Visual Walkthrough
Check out a visual walkthrough for the game.
- BioShock PC
Find information for the PC version of the game on IGN.
- BioShock XBox 360
Find Bioshock information for the XBox version of the game.
- BioShock Forum
Ask questions. Answer questions. Talk with others who love the game just as you do.
Pictures can be seen in their original form at Flickr.com.
More by this Author
Created for Nintendo Wii, One Piece: Unlimited Adventure is based on the anime series- One Piece- that released in Japen in 2007. The game released in the United States in January 2008. Following the anime series...
Kane & Lynch is a cooperative action game that was created for XBox 360, PlayStation 3, and Windows PC. The game depicts two men as they go through a violent and chaotic journey. The game is a fast paced shooter...
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.