Black Ops 2 Zombies: Bus Depot on Survival Mode - Strategy & Tips
The Bus Depot map is quite a difficult map to play on Survival on Black Ops 2 Zombies. This is mainly contributed to the fact that you can not buy any perks and can not upgrade weapons. Without the Jugger-nog perk, it is very hard to survive against the zombies in the higher rounds -- especially round 20+. Also, Bus Depot is a relatively small map, which makes it challenging to escape from the zombies. This article is going to explain how you can survive on the Black Ops 2 Zombies Bus Depot map a bit easier if you are having trouble.
Preferably, you should play Black Ops 2 Bus Depot on Solo or with the fewest amount of players possible. The strategy that is going to be explained will generally work better with less players. Sometimes more players in Black Ops 2 Zombies is recommended, however, in this instance it is not.
On the first couple rounds of Black Ops 2 Bus Depot, shoot the zombies a few times with your pistol, then knife them. This method allows you to gather the most points. Once you have 750 or more points, open the door leading to the outside area.
The mystery magic box is located right outside of the building you spawn in. You will want to use the mystery magic box as soon as possible so you can get a weapon. There are some weapons you can purchase off the walls on Bus Depot, but they are not as good as the ones you can receive from the box. However, the MP5 is great for the early rounds and you can buy ammo for it repeatably since it is a wall weapon. While you may not receive a good weapon on every attempt when using the mystery magic box, you may as well use all your points on it considering you can not buy any perks on Black Ops 2 Bus Depot.
Note the bus does not appear on Bus Depot Survival Mode like this picture shows
What is your highest round on Bus Depot?See results without voting
Bus Depot / Survival on Black Ops 2 Zombies
Once you get to a point where it's too difficult to simply run around randomly and kill zombies, start to run around the pillars outside in one direction. If you continue to circle around the pillars (where the bench seats are) either in a clock wise or counterclockwise manner, most of the zombies will group up behind you. This allows you to line up the zombies for easier shots while running. And it also helps you to avoid getting trapped in between groups of zombies. It's most dangerous in Black Ops 2 when the zombies are scattered -- in front of you, behind you, sides of you etc. because it's harder to escape from them all and avoid damage.
Only so many zombies will spawn at one time on Black Ops 2, so do not worry if you wait to shoot some of them until they group up behind you. Once you shoot one zombie another will respawn (unless it's near the end of the round). It's best to run around in a circle until you get at least 15 zombies behind you then turn around and shoot them all while running at the same time! This is basically the only way (or few ways) to get into the higher rounds on Black Ops 2 Bus Depot. If you just stand somewhere and camp then you will eventually not be able to kill the zombies in time before they attack you (especially with non-upgraded weapons). The whole idea of this strategy is to keep running/sprinting in a circle to gather zombies behind you, then shoot them while moving backwards.
Black Ops 2 Bus Depot on Survival Tips:
- Watch out for the fire on the Bus Depot map. This can damage you and potentially kill you. It also blurs your screen.
- When you get to higher rounds (10+), hip fire more than aiming down your sight. Aiming down your sight slows you down, which could put you in danger from a zombie attack.
- Even if you run in a circle on Bus Depot and gather up zombies behind you, some zombies will still appear in front of you. Shoot or sprint by them quickly! Do not stop to shoot a couple of zombies in front of you when a large amount are behind you because they can catch up in seconds and kill you!
- Use the monkey bombs (found in mystery box) if you think you are going to be trapped by zombies or you have to revive a teammate. Monkey bombs attract zombies after being thrown and blow up seconds later.
- The MOST DIFFICULT part about grouping up zombies behind you is when the beginning of each round starts. During the beginning of each round, zombies spawn all over the place. Dodge the ones that appear in front of you until a large group is chasing you from the rear.
More by this Author
Acquiring the best weapons in zombie mode for Call Of Duty Black Ops is the key to success. No matter how good a given player is, he or she can only do so much with weaker weapons. The two new maps called Kino Der...
Black Ops 2 Zombies Tranzit can be a very difficult map because it is so large and is easy to get lost in. This guide will give you some tips and tricks for surviving against the zombie horde in Tranzit. There are 5...
Before you can finally face Miraak in the Elder Scrolls Skyrim Dragonborn Quests, you need to solve a book puzzle on the "At the Summit of Apocrypha" Quest. When you read the Waking Dreams book you will be...