Black Ops Zombies Ascension - Dealing with Space Monkeys
Ascension - Special Round - Space Monkeys
The new map for Black Ops called Ascension, has a new special round. Previous zombie maps had special rounds where you fought hellhounds. These were demon-like dogs that would come attack you for one round. No zombies were accompanied with them. Ascension has the same concept this time around, except hellhounds have been replaced with space monkeys. This may sound silly, but these monkeys will hurt you, and try to still your perks! They will come during random rounds in between zombie rounds. No zombies will attack you when space monkeys arrive. The space monkeys will attempt to attack the perk machines. They will only attack perk machines that you, and your team currently own. For example, if your team only has the jugger-nog perk, they will only try and attack that perk machine.
Space monkeys will not usually directly attack you, but can still hurt you sometimes. They jump into the air and do a small shock wave on the ground. Space monkeys are very small which makes them hard to hit. If a monkey starts attacking a perk machine, and you currently own that perk, it will start flashing at the bottom of the screen. This indicates that a monkey is trying to destroy that machine. If it manages to do enough damage, you will lose your perk! However, if they steal your perk, you can still repurchase it again.
ELIMINATING SPACE MONKEYS
Like previously stated, these monkeys will not directly attack you. They mainly try and attack the perk machines. However, you need still need to kill them to advance in rounds. If nobody has perks, they will definitely attack you. These monkeys are not very strong, but are hard to target with some weapons. The screen will have an orange tint when a space monkey round begins.
Shotguns and the ray gun are the most effective for taking them out. This is because they can usually take them out rather quickly. It may be very difficult to hit them when using a machine gun or similar fully automatic weapon. Don't throw grenades at them because they will throw them back!
Black Ops Ascension Space Monkeys
Black Ops Zombies - Space Monkeys Special Round
Tips For Defeating Space Monkeys
(1) Always defend jugger-nog! You should have at least one person defending this perk because it is the most important. If a space monkey steals that perk, you will need to buy it for 2500 points again.
(2) If your playing with 4 players, every player should be guarding a perk. Or you could split it up into two teams of two. For example, two players defend the speed cola perk, and the other two defend jugger-nog.
(3)Plant claymores on stairs near perks. Monkeys can be hurt by claymores, BUT can destroy claymores that are level with them. For example, if a claymore is planted on a flat surface, they may destroy it.
(4) Don't let any of the monkey damage the perks, and you will get a random perk at the end. This is easier when there is only one perk machine to defend. Monkeys will always drop a max ammo regardless of whether or not they damaged a perk machine though.
(5) Ray guns, shotguns, and the gersch device are most effective for killing the monkeys. Don't worry about throwing the gersch devices. You will get a max ammo at the end of the round. The gersch device will suck monkeys in the black hole vortex, preventing them from stealing perks.
(6) Don't throw grenades at monkeys unless you cook them, otherwise they will throw them back. If you hold the grenade long enough, and throw it at them, they won't have time to throw it back.
(7) Monkeys will do a shock wave like attack if you get to close to them. This will stun you temporarily too.
(8) Have the strongest players defend the best perks - and the weakest players guard the less important ones such as phD flopper and Stamin-Up.
(9) The Gersch device does not KILL THE MONKEYS! It only teleports them like humans. It still may be good to use though, especially if there about to attack you or destroy a perk machine.
More by this Author
Acquiring the best weapons in zombie mode for Call Of Duty Black Ops is the key to success. No matter how good a given player is, he or she can only do so much with weaker weapons. The two new maps called Kino Der...
Black Ops 2 Zombies Tranzit can be a very difficult map because it is so large and is easy to get lost in. This guide will give you some tips and tricks for surviving against the zombie horde in Tranzit. There are 5...
Before you can finally face Miraak in the Elder Scrolls Skyrim Dragonborn Quests, you need to solve a book puzzle on the "At the Summit of Apocrypha" Quest. When you read the Waking Dreams book you will be...